PDA

View Full Version : Controller remapping (PC)

Artimos15
02-15-2017, 03:23 AM
For the love of god. Let us customize our controllers. Keyboard can customize all the controls where controller is you get what you get. the button placement for controllers is very asinine. Give us the freedom as you have the keyboard and mouse players.

teksuo1
02-15-2017, 03:27 AM
conspiracy theory:
Microsoft slept with UBI and forced them to prevent controller remapping ; they also suggested to have a bunch of moves that require "RS down +x" as it's nearly impossible to do on the classic controller ; thus forcing serious players to consider the elite controller.

UbiNoty
02-15-2017, 03:37 AM
Hi artimos15 - thank you for the feedback! we've had several community requests for controller remapping and it has been passed along to the team. I will be sure to include your vote for it along with the others! :D

FailOfHDDVD
02-15-2017, 04:12 AM
Hi artimos15 - thank you for the feedback! we've had several community requests for controller remapping and it has been passed along to the team. I will be sure to include your vote for it along with the others! :D

Ubi, please make it happen!
I vote for that notion as well.

I cannot do proper feints (fake moves) because i have to get my right thumb out of analog stick to press B first then goes back to the stick again. It's not the most efficient configuration!
(I would like to have "Cancel attack" on my right stick [click in])

SworNaan
03-09-2017, 02:36 PM

any news on when this is going to be patched in?

I just tried the workaround using legacygamepads_user.ini and /noxinput commandline (I have a wired XBOX 360 controller) and having guardbreak on LB instead of X is so much better, instead of missing 80% of the counters I can now counter 80-90%! But as I am forced to use directInput the game has no rumble, which takes away from the great impactful combat feeling.

So long story short, please give us the option to remap the controller buttons in game as soon as possible. thanks

PS: oh almost forgot, while you're at it please also let us adjust the deadzones for the analog-sticks :)

Hammelsneid
03-09-2017, 02:43 PM

wow, first time I see sort of a reaction to this topic after reading that "community wish" a felt 100 times.. I would appreciate that very very much, too...

Mr.0reo
03-09-2017, 02:45 PM
what is the point of Hidden Stance of Nobushi if you can't change stances with gamepad???

Einherjar25
03-09-2017, 08:19 PM
How can they not include this in the first place? When I went thru the option to remap my controls, only to realise there wasn't a remapping option, my mind exploded. Fighting game? Yes! Controller reconfig? No! This is the kind of stuff that makes player question a company ability to make a decent game. Question is, if they missed that, what else did they miss? If they missed REVENGE being COMPLETLY OP by a freaking mile, what else did they miss? See where I'm going with this?

Hammelsneid
03-10-2017, 01:13 AM
How can they not include this in the first place? When I went thru the option to remap my controls, only to realise there wasn't a remapping option, my mind exploded. Fighting game? Yes! Controller reconfig? No! This is the kind of stuff that makes player question a company ability to make a decent game. Question is, if they missed that, what else did they miss? If they missed REVENGE being COMPLETLY OP by a freaking mile, what else did they miss? See where I'm going with this?

I only see, that you're not going to get your wishes fulfilled by aggessively shouting out, what you think they missed to implement as a AAA-game studio. Don't get me wrong, you're kind of right, but Ubisoft is holding the whip hand here. They will never ever change something if everyone would be this offensive all the time, because they don't have to. Just go the diplomatic way, let your steam off by bashing some minions in dominion and let Ubisoft fix things out of constructive discussions. No matter how this and that should have been in the game right off the start. It wasn't, but you will always get what you want better and faster by being nice and constructive.