PDA

View Full Version : UBISoft, Fix the Valkryie

Blight_Reaper
02-15-2017, 03:12 AM
I played the Valk in Tech test and loved her. Her damage was on par with what you would expect from a medium build class. She was responsive and intuitive to play. Since launch it's apparent that you guys nerfed her to the extreme. Her damage is by far the weakest of any class. Her movement is sluggish. Her counters work maybe 10% of the time. I spent 4 hours in practice duels trying to get her timing down and there does not seem to be any. You guys really need to roll this class back to tech test spec or rework her. It's really a bummer, I was looking forward to playing my favorite class again and now I'm just going to have to go back to one of the other classes that's not broke.

Darkrynblade
02-15-2017, 03:33 AM
I completely agree. It feels like nothing works for this class.
Her range is nowhere near what you would expect it to be with a spear. Consistently while practicing I found the warlord able to outrange her, and the actual hitbox feels to be the pole behind the spear head, and not the spear head itself.
Her damage is incredibly low. Successful attacks are not only difficult to land due to the large sluggish startup, but they barely reward you when they land.
She excels in backing up and knocking people away, but with the range where it is, she can't follow up with anything to do damage. She just slugs around and by the time you can get in, get through an attack startup, and have an active hitbox, they have already recovered, leaving you no opportunity to capitalize upon your successful shield bash or spear trip. Why bother when conqueror can do this job FAR better and be capable of dealing and taking damage in the process?
She has a tiny health pool
Like has been said, her guarding dodge has a bizarre timing and fails consistently, with the only reward being a bleed on a heavy follow up. Multiple assassins have their deflects that are easier to land and are far more rewarding as well.

What this class attempts to add, along with her style, I absolutely love. But this has such a terrible execution and gives players zero incentive to play her. I have heard in previous alphas she was much more in line with the currently viable roster, but it beats me how she could have been so completely liquefied.

Scoregasms2286
02-15-2017, 03:53 AM
What this class attempts to add, along with her style, I absolutely love. But this has such a terrible execution and gives players zero incentive to play her. I have heard in previous alphas she was much more in line with the currently viable roster, but it beats me how she could have been so completely liquefied.

Because the baddies in the first test she was released cried "Overpowered!!! NERF HER" Then she went away now they are crying Nerf the assassins!

I do miss the old valk dearly, this new valk is, as stated numerous times, slow and cannot complete any combos effectively because of how long the startup of the attacks are. I loved valk and I literally bought the deluxe addition the day of release because I heard valk was, in fact going to be out on launch. This is not what I expected, yes she has her moments where you can run through people (mainly just by knocking them off cliffs or into holes) but the consistency is so god awful, its torturous to play her. I struggled trying to love this new valk, and kept practicing, like the OP, I spent several hours in the training on AI 3 working on the timing and her combos. Come to the actual PVP, she falls VERY FAR behind everyone else. She is literally just a support in team modes, does no damage, shes just there to knock people (including you team) down.

Drekle
02-15-2017, 04:30 AM
I've done 2 beta tests before this so I had not played her in the closed beta where she was available. So this is virtually a new character that I am exclusively leveling, doing horrible, that has slow attacks, short range, and low damage. Often times Guard break counter does not work for me. Shes clunky and broken and destroying my experience since release. I continue to play her hoping that they fix this garbage.

Drekle
02-15-2017, 05:15 AM
But this has such a terrible execution and gives players zero incentive to play her.

As far as I can tell, no one is playing her. I rarely see a valk.

Masked_Yurei
02-15-2017, 05:50 AM
Valkyrie is still overpowered. Players can spam her chain attacks, and mash guardbreaks.

Valkyrie shows up average in comparison to other classes on the Playstation 4, and like every other class it is overpowered when used by abusive players.

Miadous
02-15-2017, 05:51 AM
I was looking forward to trying her the most today. Made it to level 6 before I finally gave up on her. She's way too weak. Also, seems like an interesting idea to let her dodge into attacks causing a guard/deflect type move, but more than half the time I just end up dodging the move completely and not activating her mechanic to dodge counter. Plus, she does the least amount of damage of anyone. They have a lot to work on with this game in general. It actually feels worse than just 2 days ago during the beta.

thewalkingkane
02-15-2017, 06:08 AM
Just throwing this out there:
https://youtu.be/Cli7iKDBZ2w

KokuRou142
02-15-2017, 06:31 AM
I've done 2 beta tests before this so I had not played her in the closed beta where she was available

She, along with Shugoki and Lawbringer were supposed to be in the open beta. Never showed up.