PDA

View Full Version : Would you take the open beta build back?

PaintedThantos
02-15-2017, 02:51 AM
I thought the open beta was hand over fist better than what we got at launch. The new guardbreak is bs. Some chars have unworking attacks, and the worst is these are some of the same bugs they all ready had and were aware of from the celebrity play date. We had a very nice build for the open beta, how is launch WORSE than beta?

Nexuss94
02-15-2017, 02:53 AM
how is it worse you ask yourself? 7 letters - ubisoft

Black_Star300
02-15-2017, 02:54 AM
Yes!!!! The game is so different now. I can't do **** with my conqueror that I used to. I honestly never thought the game would change much in 2 days unless they didn't even give us and updated game to play before launch. Cuz this game IS LEAGUES different

PaintedThantos
02-15-2017, 03:57 AM
It's very different and I almost feel like I got hit with a bait and switch con. Everything was so responsive and crisp over the weekend. No longer the case.

Tallion828
02-15-2017, 04:01 AM
Yes! The Beta was awesome. The actual game is not.

teksuo1
02-15-2017, 04:01 AM
yes, i don't really enjoy the new classes and some stuff just felt "better" during the open beta

Bane0310
02-15-2017, 04:03 AM
Holy **** yes. I have been playing for 3 hours just trying to win a bot elimination match and it is ****ing impossible, they block or dodge 95% of every attack and they kill all your allies and then gang rape you it is ****ing insane!

Vordred
02-15-2017, 04:23 AM
Glad it's not just me, i played through the alphas and the betas. but suddenly everything in the game feels off, one of the main one for me, is just simply blocking, changing guard feels slow and less responsive. infact everything feels that way

PaintedThantos
02-15-2017, 04:26 AM
Yeah. it's like for honor won the title fight with the beta and stopped trying, now my first class fighter has a beer gut and a tendency to waddle.

rcwd
02-15-2017, 04:36 AM
Glad it's not just me, i played through the alphas and the betas. but suddenly everything in the game feels off, one of the main one for me, is just simply blocking, changing guard feels slow and less responsive. infact everything feels that way

This times 1000, why is switching guards so much less responsive than the betas.

ShadowBandit39
02-15-2017, 04:59 AM
I'm seriously UBISOFT **** U!!! How the hell do you go from a decent beta to screwing up the whole ****ing game. I mean the combat was great....the beta was suppose to help you fix the freaken servers, and game mode mechanics but you did non of the ****, you somehow made things worse. Then you brought in new characters that one is at least broken. I gave into the game because a new IP brining something different to the table beside as FPS. I wish I could ***** slap the team right now, like I want to ***** slap the writers of BvsS, for screwing up something that should be great.

Toast_Addict
02-15-2017, 05:22 AM
Honestly,

I like the final release build so much more.

Open beta was buggy, matchmaking was horrible. on PS4 version 4v4s disconnected half the matches i played in open beta.

And I dont mind the class changes, altho I would agree with the above, Conq is pretty hard to win with right now.

been playing PK/Lawbringer most and think both are pretty competitive atm.

Black_Star300
02-15-2017, 05:24 AM
Conqueror is BS right now and I'm sticking with my main in hopes they fix this...

rcwd
02-15-2017, 05:47 AM
Honestly,

I like the final release build so much more.

Open beta was buggy, matchmaking was horrible. on PS4 version 4v4s disconnected half the matches i played in open beta.

And I dont mind the class changes, altho I would agree with the above, Conq is pretty hard to win with right now.

been playing PK/Lawbringer most and think both are pretty competitive atm.

Matchmakings still garbage, games still buggy, and lawbringer is regarded as one of the worst classes.

Black_Star300
02-15-2017, 05:52 AM
I'm HIGHLY considering stopping playing because I'm not gonna continually lose over the **** mechanics this game has. I'm tired of leaving match after match because my main is no longer viable. Seriously just 2 days ago I was doing GREAT now I can 't I even tried to play the parry game as a conqueror and it still seems I'm getting rolled. The class I MASTER and know HOW to use and can honestly recite their move set can't do ****. Even in beta I was facing off of lvl 3 bots in practice and could do stuff. I know I'm not the best, but I know I'm not this bad.

Braegulfer
02-15-2017, 06:08 AM
It feels absolutely insane that this much would change between OB and release...I mean..why for the love of god? I haven't spoken to a single person who likes the new build at all.

Masked_Yurei
02-15-2017, 06:11 AM
Never got into the betas, got sick of asking strangers for keys, however I would take any other build over this one. It is basically the alpha build, which was unplayable, but now with more classes and more known meta.

Jamailos
02-15-2017, 09:15 AM
bump

TucuReborn
02-15-2017, 06:32 PM
bump

Careful. The admins are looking for every excuse to lock threads right now, and bumping has gotten several they didn't like closed off.

On a sidenote, yeah, they screwed up big time. When the most defensive characters are so slow to block, something is wrong.

MoNo_Am
02-15-2017, 06:46 PM
I unfortunately totally agree. I've a PK as my main and played through all the alphas and betas. Yesterday was almost like relearning everything! It sucked. Guardbreaking is broken PK thrust has some kind of collision problem that not only causes attacks to seem like they used a dagger instead of the sword to thrust with...there's a sudden collision sometimes and the PK is just standing there waiting to be hit! It also has issues for opponents that seem to just stop in mid air and not hit as the PK rolls away. That isn't right.. . It also seems now that its nearly impossible to parry deflect with collision and blocking as broken as it currently is. The PK only has a very very small blocking window and with the changes to this they have nearly no chance to block. The PK is an agile character and it seems the agility was hindered heavily by the changes done since beta. Please look into the changes you made and roll them back

Fuzzybutts
02-15-2017, 06:52 PM
I support rolling back the GB-Counter to how it used to be. Landing guardbreaks is now an inevitability.

Jetoslash
02-15-2017, 06:57 PM
I must admit that wow ... i'm missing some block , and I wonder why . Same for dodge, and wow wtf happened ?

I mean did they REALLY changed something or its a myth ?

MoNo_Am
02-15-2017, 07:00 PM
Yes they did

Open-Beta-to-Game-Launch-Changes (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1577129-Open-Beta-to-Game-Launch-Changes)

Mothsinger
02-15-2017, 07:03 PM
I feel the same. Pretty much everything defensive wise has different timing now. Maybe it's the connection? I get less errors, given, but the connection itself feels slower, more laggy. It's pretty much impossible to play right now with a mediocre connection, simply because I can't see some attacks coming. Any fast class spamming is a nightmare for me, I can't keep up with my defense. And no, it's not because I'm bad, it's because I see the red arrow and I'm already hit. Practise against bots is no problem at all.

TucuReborn
02-15-2017, 07:06 PM
I must admit that wow ... i'm missing some block , and I wonder why . Same for dodge, and wow wtf happened ?

I mean did they REALLY changed something or its a myth ?

I felt the blocking slowness immediately. As a Conqueror, I am damn good at blocking. Against a lvl 2 bot I couldn't do anything. My blocks simply did not move in time for the actual block, and the bot consistently 100-0 me.

I made people ragequit during the OB with my Conqueror, but against crappy bots in the full game I can't even block?

Yet, I can parry with Shugoki? The fat and sow guy who shouldn't be able to block half as well as Conq, but can parry apparently?

Add to that the obvious changes in how Counter Breaks work, and it's hard as hell to play Conqueror for me right now. Not to mention his attacks feel a lot slower. I used to be able to punish people, but now I swing so slowly even tanks can dodge it...

Jetoslash
02-15-2017, 07:17 PM
Ok so it's not me .. i'm missing so many god damn block and i'm yelled at my computer "BUT FOR GOD SAKE I BLOCKED !!!" and i just dont ****ing understand ... but it's not. Thanks for this ><

Oupyz
02-15-2017, 07:21 PM
just fix the input lagg and make the game more responsive that's all we need , the balance is better but the input lagg and responsiveness is omg

Archer_021
02-15-2017, 08:06 PM
just fix the input lagg and make the game more responsive that's all we need , the balance is better but the input lagg and responsiveness is omg

Agreed. I'm missing blocks and counter breaks left and right

Vordred
02-15-2017, 08:46 PM
i really wish someone from the dev team would comment about this. the game feels no where near as satisfying to play as it did, i loved the alpha and beta tests, full game not so much, it feels frustrating rather than fun now. it when from fluid and crisp to sluggish and unresponsive.

Black_Star300
02-15-2017, 08:48 PM
i really wish someone from the dev team would comment about this. the game feels no where near as satisfying to play as it did, i loved the alpha and beta tests, full game not so much, it feels frustrating rather than fun now. it when from fluid and crisp to sluggish and unresponsive.

I wish they would to and honestly won't stop til we get answers. I kinda dread playing this game now because of the stupid gameplay mechanics that have changed SOOOO much in 3 days.

ashvau
02-15-2017, 08:58 PM
Ya they messed it up in 1 day from OBT to launch

ashvau
02-15-2017, 09:03 PM
Switching guard feel less responsive, less fluid.

Countering gb has been changed, now its much easier.

Parrying window is tighter than before.

Sometimes attacks go through blocks, completely ignoring it.

I agree with everything u said except GB interupt being easier- really? it doesnt work half the time

KastIe
02-15-2017, 09:07 PM
glad i am not the only one having issues haha it is like relearning how to play my characters as i have to change up my whole play style.

RatedChaotic
02-15-2017, 09:16 PM
I've noticed none of the fanbois hopped in here to defend their perfect game. Imagine that.

FREEDOM from
02-15-2017, 09:23 PM
The open beta didn't work for me, so I said no. But I would take the Closed Beta since that one worked better for me.

PhYcE-
02-15-2017, 09:43 PM
I haven't had many connectivity issues in either build so I'm not complaining about that. I played in both the closed and open Betas, and exclusively played as Warden, 25+ hours in each. I have also watched hours upon hours of gameplay of those who I deemed above average. I loaded the game last night and thought I’d do some single player first. Half way through the Knight campaign I thought I’d do a few duels, (which is where I spent most of my time in both betas) I noticed immediately that blocking felt sluggish, it took a lot longer to have the block switch directions. I didn’t notice while playing in the campaign because I was playing at max difficulty with no UI. I also noticed that the timing for crushing counter on Warden was way off (Something which I had fine-tuned in the Betas) I am completely fine with the change in timing to the guard break system, I can adapt and adjust to that with practice and it doesn’t bother me at all. What does bother me is why does the game now feel slower? I still exclusively play as the Warden and have noticed a huge difference in the pace of the game.

If this is supposed to be the new timing of the game I am fine with it and will still play For Honor and love it and adjust, after playing online for most of the night last night the timing became better but the blocking still feels sluggish… What I am worried about is some unknown issue that is causing it to be sluggish. As a reference I live in the United States and play on PS4.

FredEx, MrPope, SpaceElephant- If one of you could respond and let me know if there is a reason for changing the pace of the game I would greatly appreciate it.

I would also vote to have the Beta build back.

TucuReborn
02-15-2017, 09:49 PM
I haven't had many connectivity issues in either build so I'm not complaining about that. I played in both the closed and open Betas, and exclusively played as Warden, 25+ hours in each. I have also watched hours upon hours of gameplay of those who I deemed above average. I loaded the game last night and thought I’d do some single player first. Half way through the Knight campaign I thought I’d do a few duels, (which is where I spent most of my time in both betas) I noticed immediately that blocking felt sluggish, it took a lot longer to have the block switch directions. I didn’t notice while playing in the campaign because I was playing at max difficulty with no UI. I also noticed that the timing for crushing counter on Warden was way off (Something which I had fine-tuned in the Betas) I am completely fine with the change in timing to the guard break system, I can adapt and adjust to that with practice and it doesn’t bother me at all. What does bother me is why does the game now feel slower? I still exclusively play as the Warden and have noticed a huge difference in the pace of the game.

If this is supposed to be the new timing of the game I am fine with it and will still play For Honor and love it and adjust, after playing online for most of the night last night the timing became better but the blocking still feels sluggish… What I am worried about is some unknown issue that is causing it to be sluggish. As a reference I live in the United States and play on PS4.

FredEx, MrPope, SpaceElephant- If one of you could respond and let me know if there is a reason for changing the pace of the game I would greatly appreciate it.

I would also vote to have the Beta build back.

Ubi hasn't even commented on the changes that I can tell. The onyl comment on a post about them was to lock the post since the first comment was a bump, even though there were a dozen legitimate comments that followed. Ubi is on damage control, and not in the good way.

One theory is that they saw how many people complained about difficulty, and so they slowed it down. Another is that they made changes to netcoding of some sort.

SteewC70
02-15-2017, 11:19 PM
Something is off, but I can't explain what.. I wish Ubisoft would release detailed patch notes other than just "Game changes". We need details!

Sawa963
02-16-2017, 12:00 AM
I played through closed and open betas, sticking to the same character throughout. I had a very good feel for everything.

On launch night, I immediately noticed that controls felt less responsive. Less crisp. I configured my graphics exactly the same, vsync is off, frame rate never dips below 100, etc etc.

I initally assumed it was due to launch night traffic. But hearing other people comment the same thing makes me lean more towards build changes.

I strongly preferred the feeling of open beta.

Kanaima
02-16-2017, 12:03 AM
I haven't been able to land a single crushing counter since the game launched, but could do it consistently in beta. It's like the block before the attack is completely failing and lets the enemy attack through; the animation plays but then I get hit and interrupted. Also had multiple times where I land the killing blow and the enemy starts falling to the ground, only to teleport back to their feet with their hp back as though the attack was undone; "killed" an orochi 4 times earlier, each time he came back and eventually got me. Didn't see that happen once during the open beta...

Edit: Just tried against the level 1 training bot, and crushing counter worked fine, so it doesn't seem like it's a timing change.

Black_Star300
02-16-2017, 05:05 AM
Ubisoft why have you ignored this for almost 3 days now?

TCTF_SWAT
02-16-2017, 05:21 AM
No.

RatedChaotic
02-16-2017, 05:24 AM
Hopefully because they are busy. You cant have 80% dislike poll and it succeed. The playerbase will drop fast and the scrubs that know no different will be the only ones left.

Black_Star300
02-16-2017, 05:25 AM
Yea and its not like its skewed because only 3 people voted. No its a great amount of people.

TucuReborn
02-16-2017, 05:45 AM
Yea and its not like its skewed because only 3 people voted. No its a great amount of people.

In statistics we assume based on certain things.

Here's what we know.

-There's an 80% disapproval on this post on this forum. We have no numbers from Reddit or Gamefaqs, so to be conclusive we would want those as well.

-Most people who click on this post are probably ones who are biased towards getting it back.

-Out of those that view this, how many voted? ~100 out of 2000 clicks.

-Votes usually come from people who care about the issue very strongly one way or another.

However, this is not even a close race. It's MANY standard deviations apart to the point ignoring it is like ignoring a bull in a china shop. Mathematically, out of the 100k that played the beta, 80K roughly(give or take a few SD), would be unsatisfied with this. That's larger than the current active users. That is a major cause for concern to me.

And yeah, I half assed the math and made some assumptions. Friggin sue me.

ARC-N11_ordo
02-16-2017, 05:51 AM
I'm HIGHLY considering stopping playing because I'm not gonna continually lose over the **** mechanics this game has. I'm tired of leaving match after match because my main is no longer viable. Seriously just 2 days ago I was doing GREAT now I can 't I even tried to play the parry game as a conqueror and it still seems I'm getting rolled. The class I MASTER and know HOW to use and can honestly recite their move set can't do ****. Even in beta I was facing off of lvl 3 bots in practice and could do stuff. I know I'm not the best, but I know I'm not this bad.

THIS!! Did someone at Ubi have a big jar of virtual molasses lying around that they needed to get rid of and so decided For Honor was the perfect place to dump it? When people were complaining about the speed of the Peacekeeper they didn't mean that you should put a damn slow motion filter over the whole god damn game!! I played a game just a little while ago as a Lawbringer against a Peacekeeper and got totally owned. Not because he was a better strategist or fighter than me, he actually kind of sucked, repeating the same thing again and again, no what killed me was that I literally couldn't land a hit on him. I stunned him all the time but before I could even land a light attack he would either dance away unharmed or counter me and hit me in return before I could switch my guard.

In the closed and open beta I had a win rate of around 80%, now I struggle to beat so much as a bot. WT actual F. How is it that I went from being pretty decent at the game to total and absolute garbage!? Not to mention, now the bots just spam the F'ing Peackeeper meta from beta, grab and hit bull constantly. Half the time I can't even get the bot to fight me because I won't go near it while it's standing next to an environmental hazard that it wants to throw me into.

Please Ubisoft, bring back the crispness of the controls from the Beta. There is no need of having a bunch a pot bellied, has-been, ex-warriors duking it out to see who can shake off their last food coma long enough to eek out a win.

Ephemiel
02-16-2017, 05:51 AM
They're taking the Hello Games approach and saying nothing.

PaintedThantos
02-28-2017, 03:46 AM
Victory! they are reverting GB!