PDA

View Full Version : This isn't the For Honor I played two days ago.

SteewC70
02-15-2017, 01:58 AM
I have no idea what they did to For Honor in just 1 day but this isn't the For Honor I played during the open beta. There seem to have been nerfs and buffs gallore during that 1 day between beta and launch.

Black_Star300
02-15-2017, 02:03 AM
Agreed. Me maining my conqueror it seems everyone is dodging and side stepping me and able to roll me like crazy. wasn't having that issue 2 days ago.

Sirrkas
02-15-2017, 02:04 AM
That sounds more like, matchmaking screwed you. Probably because all players start at 0 again and the game canīt tell yet, who is great at the game and who is average.

Black_Star300
02-15-2017, 02:06 AM
Thing is. I was great at the game during the CB and OB phases. I rose up pretty high in rank its ridiculous. Now I can't even hold a candle to anyone. It's pissing me off. The class I'm strong at just gets me owned.

Nickyfazzo
02-15-2017, 02:24 AM
Yeah they really screwed things up. It seemed to be balanced more or less in open beta, but now it seems like everything is way off.

PackingMoney
02-15-2017, 02:27 AM
Thing is. I was great at the game during the CB and OB phases. I rose up pretty high in rank its ridiculous. Now I can't even hold a candle to anyone. It's pissing me off. The class I'm strong at just gets me owned.

To be fair, the worse players are not going to waste money on a game they are bad at.

WTWR_Zydrate
02-15-2017, 02:28 AM
AI berserkers are doing some crazy infinite attacking ****e.
But of course this isn't the same game. The beta was a different build entirely, but I'm still having fun.

Drekle
02-15-2017, 02:28 AM
Yeah they really screwed things up. It seemed to be balanced more or less in open beta, but now it seems like everything is way off.

Balanced is jacked. I hope the dev team can figure out how to fix this.

SteewC70
02-15-2017, 02:34 AM
In the beta I mained Nobushi and she was so fast and agile, and I could do crazy stuff, but now it seems like she's gotten a lot slower, getting blocked and parried at every stab, then countered. And when I finally block or parry someone I can't get in a free hit like they get at me.

PaintedThantos
02-15-2017, 02:40 AM
Beta was a much better version. So far this is universally agreed upon.

Black_Star300
02-15-2017, 02:55 AM
To be fair, the worse players are not going to waste money on a game they are bad at.

But in betas I was beating people 1-2 reputations higher than me. So it clearly isn't just playing bad people.

Ex__Machina
02-15-2017, 02:57 AM
There seems to be some class balancing that was not discussed in patch notes, which is slightly annoying and has hurt my performance a bit, however what has affected me far more is timing. I could go into specifics but tbh its nearly everything. Playing beta has actually hurt more than help because I developed bad habits in terms of my timing

ipm204
02-15-2017, 03:01 AM
I agree, something is definitely different. In the beta, I got killed by fast classes constantly until I learned my characters strengths and also learned the fast characters weaknesses, but now even with a Rep1 character with 50 gear score, these little level 1 gear score 0 fast characters feel tougher then their higher level counterparts from the beta. Rediculous.

Vordred
02-15-2017, 04:26 AM
yeah something really feels off, i played through all the alpha's and the beta's, but now i'm really struggling with the game, the whole thing feels slow and less responsive than it did.

Black_Star300
02-15-2017, 05:00 AM
Come on Ubi. Answers. The community is obviously feeling some disconnect from your beta versions. What is up with this balance?

Sk0rpi0nMK73
02-15-2017, 05:07 AM
I'm the same, done well at cb and on with the RAIDER now just keep getting spammed by AI, they just keep spam hitting me constantly by the time he throws 1st swing I go to block he us already hitting me with another and another and another and another so on or they just block everything its B S.

CuD_
02-15-2017, 05:08 AM
I cant put my finger on exactly what, cause I think it is a bunch of little things, but they messed this game up BADLY, not a little, this is a totally different game... and although I rarely say this, I NEVER WOULD HAVE BOUGHT THIS CURRENT PIECE OF TRASH.

The closed beta, awesome, open beta, AMAZING.

Responsive skill based combat with a back and forth that made sense. I knew when I died due to mistakes, I was able to recognize the mistakes of my opponent and capitalize... now? It feels all RNG and stupid. Unresponsive, stuff happening that makes no sense. Parries failing when perfectly timed, blocks not registering even though I know I switched in time, I could go on... but a whole ton of little changes have made this game nothing short of frustrating and disappointing at launch.

I genuinely feel guilt over getting some of my friends to buy this after my beta experience, and they have no idea of the crapfest they have just walked into.... I am sure to get an earful from a few tomorrow.

"You said this was a fighting game!" "You said it was responsive and skill based"

Thanks for screwing my cred you a-holes

Scoregasms2286
02-15-2017, 05:27 AM
I cant put my finger on exactly what, cause I think it is a bunch of little things, but they messed this game up BADLY, not a little, this is a totally different game... and although I rarely say this, I NEVER WOULD HAVE BOUGHT THIS CURRENT PIECE OF TRASH.

The closed beta, awesome, open beta, AMAZING.

Responsive skill based combat with a back and forth that made sense. I knew when I died due to mistakes, I was able to recognize the mistakes of my opponent and capitalize... now? It feels all RNG and stupid. Unresponsive, stuff happening that makes no sense. Parries failing when perfectly timed, blocks not registering even though I know I switched in time, I could go on... but a whole ton of little changes have made this game nothing short of frustrating and disappointing at launch.

I genuinely feel guilt over getting some of my friends to buy this after my beta experience, and they have no idea of the crapfest they have just walked into.... I am sure to get an earful from a few tomorrow.

"You said this was a fighting game!" "You said it was responsive and skill based"

Thanks for screwing my cred you a-holes

Man this times 1000%. In all the tests Ive been in with For Honor, when I died, I knew I messed up. Now when I die, I'm getting triggered because I replayed these multiple scenarios from the beta, and know the timing, like the GB changes, the deflects changing, stance swapping, etc etc. Pretty much everything the game is meant to be about (the reflexes it taught us since the first test with only 6 heroes) is literally thrown in the trash because it is all different now. The timing is incredibly frustrating now, for a new player I can understand you think the game is fine and having a blast, but the people who have built up these muscle reflexes from playing every test are just irritated.

AlterEgo103
02-15-2017, 05:39 AM
I have no idea what they did to For Honor in just 1 day but this isn't the For Honor I played during the open beta. There seem to have been nerfs and buffs gallore during that 1 day between beta and launch.

I can't agree more. Nerfs and buffs have something to do with it for sure, same thing with the fact that LB and Shugoki are super super easy heavy hitting tanks. But, also the fact that they've allowed the purchase of steel. I've already seen someone with purple gear and this game hasn't even been out 24 hours yet, people are just going to buy their way to top tier.

PhYcE-
02-15-2017, 05:44 AM
The game feels really slow to me compared to both Betas I was in.

Miadous
02-15-2017, 05:49 AM
Ubisoft advertised and let us play one product, sold us a different product. Seems fair.

SteewC70
02-15-2017, 01:27 PM
The patch notes that were released doesn't cover hero changes, would be nice to see fully detailed patch notes.