PDA

View Full Version : Counterbreaking

I_Spree_I
02-15-2017, 12:52 AM
So in the open beta, playing as "Warlord" I was pretty much able to counterbreak everyone, and everything. Now, I cant even get 3/3 in the advanced tutorial. Did they change something?

I click it in the right time, my guy does the animation before my opponent, but he misses with the sheild... Wtf?

Father_Giliam
02-15-2017, 12:54 AM
The timing was changed. You now have to press it right as they hit you or very slightly after. If you press it before you will not be able to counter.

thewalkingkane
02-15-2017, 01:05 AM
Lol, that's hilarious. A portion of the community says "Make the timing window less narrow/short" and Ubisoft just changes the timing window and throws everyone off entirely. Pro-level dev trolling, there.

I_Spree_I
02-15-2017, 01:09 AM
The timing was changed. You now have to press it right as they hit you or very slightly after. If you press it before you will not be able to counter.

Here's an intresting video I made...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54G4XxOGCCA&feature=youtu.be

Father_Giliam
02-15-2017, 01:22 AM
Here's an intresting video I made...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54G4XxOGCCA&feature=youtu.be

I don't understand whats wrong here? Your timing is off when your not doing the wiggle. I went in and checked to see if the wiggle made parrying easier or automatic, but it doesn't. But as I said before, the timining has simply changed. I can counter guardbreaks all day in practice (although I'm mediocre at it in a real fight).

I_Spree_I
02-15-2017, 01:25 AM
I don't understand whats wrong here? Your timing is off when your not doing the wiggle. I went in and checked to see if the wiggle made parrying easier or automatic, but it doesn't. But as I said before, the timining has simply changed. I can counter guardbreaks all day in practice (although I'm mediocre at it in a real fight).

But I'm reacting at the same time, it's not like I know the perfect timing to do it when I dont wiggle the guard thing around...

Father_Giliam
02-15-2017, 02:48 AM
But I'm reacting at the same time, it's not like I know the perfect timing to do it when I dont wiggle the guard thing around...

When not doing the wiggle, were you keeping your finger on the stick or the Guardblock button? If you had it on the button, theres your answer.

Swiftstrike76
02-15-2017, 04:06 AM
Problem is as this is a popular discussion is that the timing has changed yet the old prompts are still there. Can't confirm but try this in a duel.
When you see the shield on your target. Focus on your chatacter and i think a shield appears thats when you push the counter.

REDBOILOUU
02-15-2017, 04:12 AM
I agree something has changed horrificly.. I was able to be pretty competent with guard breaking in the closed and open beta. Earlier today I was playing an orochi and he just kept guard breaking me and I was not able to do anything about it. Like the timing has been horribly changed. It got to the point where I would make sure to focus on countering when he broke my guard and to no prevail he still was able to get a free hit in. Every. Time..

I_Spree_I
02-15-2017, 04:23 AM
Problem is as this is a popular discussion is that the timing has changed yet the old prompts are still there. Can't confirm but try this in a duel.
When you see the shield on your target. Focus on your chatacter and i think a shield appears thats when you push the counter.

Actually works pretty welll, thanks mate and cya on the battlefield!

Swiftstrike76
02-15-2017, 04:25 AM
Further to my point. Find this may help people.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f0L9Vd3vx3E All credit to poster of the video.

Kintoun
02-15-2017, 04:27 AM
I. Just. Want. An. Official. Response. Why are the devs completely silent about the "bugs" happening?