PDA

View Full Version : Who is the weakest of the newest characters?

Drekle
02-15-2017, 12:47 AM

PackingMoney
02-15-2017, 12:49 AM

I main PK and from my experience it is the new samurai.

R3turner
02-15-2017, 12:51 AM
Both valk and lawbringer feel weak. I would say lawbringer is the weakest as there are some mechanical issues with him. His combo's dont work... as in there are some moves that are designed to work together in a way... but the timing is off, so the enemy can block / dodge away. Same with valk... has a shield charge and stuff, but cant actually get a lot out of it. Feels really strange.

JeeNiNe
02-15-2017, 12:55 AM
shugoki is really really powerful if you know what youre doing, pk counters it tho

TypicalZealot
02-15-2017, 01:02 AM
Shugoki for having a "high health pool" dies near instantly once you purge him of his uninterruptible stance. He easily has the lowest health of all the tanks when accounting for that.
And he just doesn't have enough options to play defensively, especially given how incredibly slow he is and how powerful guardbreak is.
His only saving grace is that his Demon's Embrace throw is great against noobs because then you can heal back some of the inevitable damage you've sustained.

So I vote Shugoki as being weakest followed by Valkyrie. I think that Lawbringer, while also weak, has more options in melee than Shugoki (people complain that LB only has 2 confirmed chains, while shugoki has 0 for example).

thewalkingkane
02-15-2017, 01:02 AM
Valkyrie. Mained her since the game released and she is lackluster in all fields except trolling. While it's true that she has some cool disables, they're really gimmicky and dependent on hits landing. She's slow as ****, range is deceptively short (considering she has a spear and doesn't move toward her target when attacking, but rather stays in place), and super squishy. She's like all the worst things of every class rolled into one and then given a fancy "can knock people down" sticker, except that sticker has the added caveat that her disables can be dodged very easily.

I think the worst offender thus far is the dependence on her ability to Guard-Dodge and it only working some of the time. I plan on recording a video of it, but I swear I've seen instances where the enemy's weapon will just phase through her guard-dodge like a normal dodge and she's left trying to do a heavy attack rather than Shoulder Pin. It's really frustrating. By far though, her biggest weakness is that she stumbles -CONSTANTLY-, I swear she has the worst footing out of all the characters. I refuse to go anywhere near NPCs in Dominion just because their little stabs can knock her off balance and interrupt her attacks making her super vulnerable to anyone she's attacking.

Nickyfazzo
02-15-2017, 01:13 AM
Valkryie is horrible. Her dodge/block mechanic means that if you don't have perfect timing, you eat a hit. With her low HP pool its a very punishing hit. Its like they tried to make her a high risk/high reward hero and forgot to add the reward. Her moves are risky or easy to dodge and they don't really hit that hard. Going in I thought she would be a glass cannon, but shes like a glass slingshot. She is quite frustrating to play.

Drekle
02-15-2017, 01:26 AM
Valkryie is horrible. Her dodge/block mechanic means that if you don't have perfect timing, you eat a hit. With her low HP pool its a very punishing hit. Its like they tried to make her a high risk/high reward hero and forgot to add the reward. Her moves are risky or easy to dodge and they don't really hit that hard. Going in I thought she would be a glass cannon, but shes like a glass slingshot. She is quite frustrating to play.

Yeah I'm prestige 1 with her currently. Absolutely horrible. Unaware of the state of the other new characters though.

Eizeln
02-15-2017, 02:33 AM
Omg, lawbringer and valks sucks so must....

With Lawbringer you can touche anyone :mad: Every move is so easilly countered, it's terrible...
His combos, move, mechanics, everything is broken with him....

Valks need just a little more damage. And the evade blocking (left or right) isn't working at all (maybe 1 time / 10)...

They are my two favorites character's skins and they are totally wasted... :(

Please fix it.

SteewC70
02-15-2017, 02:35 AM
Valkyrie got screwed over something fierce.

Pingu-mlg
02-15-2017, 02:47 AM
I see people with lawbringer do so many unblockable attacks in a row and his in-between hit is nearly instant, That aside lawbringer has a couple of moves that grant him free hits. One of them being the one where he flips you and the shove. Also the shove is easily the best tool the lawbringer has as it's also nearly instant and almost always lands a quick hit after that.

Maybe the normal lawbringer combo's don't work well but if paired with shove's, GB's and the flipping he's easily one of the stronger ones.

Valkyrie has probably the lowest damage output I have seen on any hero thus far, while she has lots of utility she does not have the means to end the fight.

Shogoku is super easy to learn and is super punishing, his uninterruptible stance can be devastating when paired with a player that knows how to consequently block & parry.

Valkyrie gets my vote, I became a Viking for Valk but she's not worth playing. Probably going to switch over to Knights.

Kerie70
02-15-2017, 03:04 AM
Sad to say but the Valkyrie is probably the only reason I got this game, I love Norse mythology and the warrior in historical context but I'm just so disappointed in how she's represented in this game. It's extremely frustrating trying to play with her, she feels like playing all the bad aspects of everyone else rolled into one character. Slow speed, both running and attacking, short range (spear?), low damage, it's so hard to fight with her. Even getting all her combos down, sure they're nice but she lacks the damage to truly utilize them. Some examples being some of her shield charges and sweeping strike, it knocks enemies away or down outside of her attack range, so you have to waste a second to run up to land a hit and by then the enemy can block it. And then with her damage being so low even managing to do follow up attacks after a knockdown combo it barely dents an enemy's health. She needs some love in just about every category. Make her just slightly faster, at least attack speed by maybe 5%. Increase her range just a tad, maybe 5-10%, feels too short with a spear. Her health is pretty low too, maybe give her an extra 40 hp? She's a bit weak and hard trying to win in 1v1 fights but being outnumbered just spells certain doom for her.

trikster77
02-15-2017, 03:13 AM
Have not played the Lawbringer yet but Valk needs some lovin. She is slow with no reach and no health. She can troll with awesome combos but can not follow up with damage. For instance using her shield charge knocks the enemy so far back you have to run forward to hit them or do a crappy light lunge attack.

teksuo1
02-15-2017, 03:16 AM
lawbringer feels very lackluster to me. only have been playing him for a day though.
so slow, always out of stamina, tough to chain moves efficiently. Both the warden and pk felt a lot better in the open beta.

i'd just switch to PK but i refuse to play her while her triple stab doesn't work as intended. Hopefully a hotfix should come soon.

Nexuss94
02-15-2017, 03:16 AM
PK is really bad atm until her bugged GB stab does the correct dmg untill then she has to resort to dodge Light attack spam it really is boring

Miadous
02-15-2017, 05:39 AM
Shugoki is way overpowered. It's not even funny. If you don't think so, then you haven't versed one that knew how to smash their face on the controller/keyboard. I wanted to love the Valkyrie, but she's very weak and does no damage.

Xb1MasterNoctis
02-15-2017, 05:43 AM
Valkyrie what she a beast if you can play her.

Sorry keyboard broken sorry about the caps.