PDA

View Full Version : [PSA] Russian and Chinese version has multiplayer restrictions!

bakaekze
02-14-2017, 10:54 PM
If you happen to live in China or any of CIS region countries, not only you are locked from using English text/menu (thanks for including English voice), but your matchmaking is locked to those who has RU/CN version. Meaning very long queue times even if you live in one of those countries, but if you move somewhere else and try to find a game with this version, you will almost certainly will never be able to.

I need to emphasize that Ubisoft doesn't even give us the option to buy higher priced version, we're stuck. Ubisoft also doesn't seem to realize that not only Russian speakers live in that region. There are countries in CIS that doesn't even have Russian as official language. Nevertheless, they are stuck to only playing with Russians.

I have refunded the game as soon as I found out about it. If they don't respect us so much to put us in reservations, they don't deserve my money.

If you try to open support ticket about the issue they will either close the issue without answering or say there is nothing they can do.

This is for any version you buy in this regions. Steam, Uplay, Retail - all the same. No way around it.

TL;DR: RU/CN version is locked to only play with players who has the same version.

Posted a review on steam so it gets more visibility: http://steamcommunity.com/id/nyakze/recommended/304390/

ggserj
02-15-2017, 10:23 PM
This is uneccepteble! I wanted to stream this game, in english, but now the text in game just messes thing up! I don't now how the combos are called in english, do I have to search for screenshots for this wtf? That is so easy to include in every copy, or make an option to download language files, why NOT?

R3turner
02-15-2017, 10:26 PM
Meaning very long queue times even if you live in one of those countries

We have really long queues in EU as well. They always go to All regions, All skill, All everything every time. It's like the game is 1 year old and there is no one playing it.

bakaekze
02-16-2017, 12:52 AM
Well, Russian version went to all everything except language, which forever stayed in "Your Language"

ar4er13
02-16-2017, 01:19 AM
They could at least put disclaimer themselves. I am liking game very much ,but sorry I wouldn't even have thought about buying it on such conditions. I live closer to europe than to Russia, and yet, this is the only copy I can purchase from store...

What's more idiotic, is that it harms population both ways. Once player numbers dwindle, we'll get much longer search times on both sides, even tho we'd have adequate population overal.

Bigknows
02-16-2017, 06:02 PM
I've talked to numerous service agents on ubisoft and indeed no one took the time to help me out as I'm stuck with a chinese game in China...
They didn't think it through at all and their marketing team must be inexperienced for not thinking this through...

The worst thing is that some cases has been solved and they have helped out some people with this problem giving them english pack... so i'm more confused about that..