PDA

View Full Version : Apollyon fight too OVP on realistic?

DragonUK94
02-14-2017, 10:54 PM
I'm sure that more than just me have realised that the fight against Apollyon on realistic difficulty is way over the top, it is a bit of a shame that I'm playing a character I don't really like and learnt the least (Orochi) but even though I fight through there are points where you cant block/dodge (mainly on the stairs) and she just takes 3/4 of your health which instantly becomes an impossible fight (also I personally think that having the two extras are un-necessary, the assassin just destroys the random knight and the other knight destroys the minions, making you have to fight them first anyway or just hope you can get Apollyon down quick enough..)

There are also a few bugs with the fight where I have had to "kite" Apollyon at the end stage and she just lunges at you from unbelievable distances..

Gaarthar
02-15-2017, 06:05 PM
I left her with 5% health on my first try, defeated her on the second , but the game bugged out on me and the cutscene didn't start (left me standing in the arena with no way out), now im going for the 3rd try.

So...no, she isn't that hard, you just need to practice abit. Isn't that all the fun in the first place?

Funeragon
02-15-2017, 06:18 PM
won on the first try, i expected a real challenge ;'(

mdee.Rocks
02-17-2017, 07:48 PM
Yes I agree, stairways part is broken on realistic. There is no room to maneuver and constant spam from her if you let her too close. What worked for me is non-stop forward + A -> RB jump attack then back off. I you get cornered, unlock and roll through her to get some distance. Another way is to block and build up revenge.

For first phase, save your poisons and use them. They not only do damage over time but also stun - so put poison next to the knight and go beat on the peacekeeper.

Took me 5-6 tries to get it down, but I did not enjoy the fight and it wasn't fun, it was one of the most badly designed boss fight I've ever fought and I did DeusEx Human Revolution and other legendary bad bosses ;), I would never repeat it again., AI is blatantly cheating. I doubt anyone at Ubi played this part (except their testers who get paid for this chore). Please have a look at Dark Souls as an example how to do hard but fun bosses. All For Honor bosses on realistic except the very first one were horribly designed and mundane to beat.

Those who claim they've beat it on first try on realistic, well don't believe them, it's BS.

p.s. It's even more annoying in coop. You get an add on stairways...

PackingMoney
02-17-2017, 07:51 PM
Yes I agree, stairways part is broken on realistic. There is no room to maneuver and constant spam from her if you let her too close. What worked for me is non-stop forward + A -> RB jump attack then back off. Took me 5-6 tries to get it down, but I did not enjoy the fight and it wasn't fun, AI is blatantly cheating. I would never repeat it again. I doubt anyone at Ubi played this part (except their testers who get paid for this).

Those who claim they've beat it on first try on realistic, well don't believe them, it's BS.

It really isn't that hard. You just run past her and dodge so you are the one above her on the stairs and then just fight like normal, and make sure to parry.

Uexx_
02-21-2017, 12:46 AM
I found part 3 to be the more difficult out of the 3 phases, she just kept spamming the unblock-able attack on me (The one where she stabs you and charges forward). It's easy enough to side step, I just didnt expect her to use it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and....

The hardest part of the fight was watching the cutscene/enduring the story though. I figured she wasnt human because she took an entire sword in the gut in the beginning of the game and didnt seem to notice, flinch or care. Then in the end you find out she's just some skilled chump in armor, and come to the realization that the entire story is mediocre and there's no real purpose...

So.../meh

The fight is actually easy to abuse because "Realistic" difficulty is not a "Difficulty" at all. It's a sham, they just remove the UI and checkpoints. I bots are still mindless and dont adapt to anything, aside from they become ****ing meat shields. FYI Ubi, this is not considered making the game more "Challenging".
_ _ _

IF YOU JUST WANT TO BEAT THE BOSS, CHEESE GUIDE (VS Lv3 Bots later for actual "Challenge", Realistic is not a challenge):

In Phase1: Learn to block to the sides for the adds, and build revenge. When she attacks, Parry for knockdown, and just spam her with 'Right Trigger' until she gets up. Rinse/Repeat. (Using the un-blockable skill here will also speed this up, and you could do the Phase2/3 thing below as long as there arent adds).

in Phase2/3: Just wait for her to attack and then do a the quick attack (RB) once towards the up direction. Then wait 1 second, and press RB. Wait 1 second, RB, Wait 1, RB, 1, RB.

She's doesnt adapt/change up, and she just keeps trying to attack following what you do. She will try to grab sometimes, but the RB should stop anything she does as soon as she attempts it.

If you do it too early, she will parry you, and if you do it too late, she will have grabbed or used strong attack by then.

SimLec
03-29-2017, 11:20 PM
If atleast there was a checp point between each phase . the first part is easy if you got a poison trap , you run and put a poison trap next to the dual dagger girl cuz shes the one dangerous. phase 2 make me rage quit , i ended all darksouls without rage quiting lol actualy i never rage quit anyting , i just rage play a lot . but ill try what you guys tell . its lame that a difficulty for ubisoft is just making an op character with more stats than you. the ****ing stair make me sick , did they test it , trying to get around her but they decide there was a huge hit box around her so i cant pass because invisible wall everywhere. i never use the rage thing because i think its stupid that it exist (exept when there multiple people on u so it make people think more about spamming atack all on 1) but now i am force to use the rage :(. its like the first time i fight a boss that i hate only because it lost all the fun.

cragar212
03-29-2017, 11:25 PM
It can be difficult for new players. Basically just play like a Dbag and wait for her to attack side dash attack. Lots of guides on youtube I'm sure

CandleInTheDark
03-29-2017, 11:26 PM
I only ever lost on the stairs but I managed to get by it using poison traps, the other two I managed first time. What did cause me to ragequit for a couple hours was the damn lawbringer who caused me to have to restart the whole level I think it was at that point because he tossed me into the fire.

Gray360UK
03-29-2017, 11:29 PM
Defeated her on the second try.
Stairs was where I died first try.
I was level 30 Story Mode rank by then which let me have 3rd level Self Heal and Tough as Nails 2 which gives you 50% more health. Wouldn't want to do it without either of those, Orochi is too fragile without the extra health on Realistic.
She was easy in stage one and three.
For all the talk of OP Peacekeepers and Wardens, the two she has with her in stage one are pathetic ;)

CubanCreature
03-29-2017, 11:29 PM
No, she is easy. It should take you a MAXIMUM of two tries, one to learn her animations, another to beat her.

Unless you are stupidly playing without the manual healing feat, in which case, yea, you are gunna die.

Helnekromancer
03-29-2017, 11:35 PM
You just have to pay attention on how she swings and use your sidedash light attack. I think I used the endurance and second wind so I can take more dmg and heal up but the only ******** is the falling rocks other than that you are dodging under her blade to get a free swing, and your fast swings to cancel out her attack animation. Wasn't so hard to beat her just disappointed at the end and how it wrapped up.

Gray360UK
03-29-2017, 11:41 PM
Just a tip for the end, you can take the poison bombs or fire arrows into the final fight with you.
I collected about 5 fire arrows from the earlier part as they keep respawning around the area where you have to blow up the reinforcement doors. Every time you blow up a door you get a new lot of arrow spawns. Collect them all each spawn and you'll have loads.
5 fire arrows and I barely needed to hit her with my sword, made it a piece of cake even on Realistic.

We.the.North
03-30-2017, 12:06 AM
On realistic, with rank 2 damage reduction and heal feats.

Phase 1 : Beaten on the first try and never lost to it afterward.
Phase 2 : Damn those stairs... I did it on the 4th try
Phase 3 : Beaten on first try.

KnifeInUrNeck
03-30-2017, 01:01 AM
Unless you're new, Apollyon fight is not hard at all for a final boss on realistic. They give you powerful feats to use on her like flaming arrows as well. If you can't beat her on realistic, you just need to practice more.

Gray360UK
03-30-2017, 01:20 AM
Unless you're new, Apollyon fight is not hard at all for a final boss on realistic. They give you powerful feats to use on her like flaming arrows as well. If you can't beat her on realistic, you just need to practice more.

I found Realistic ridiculously easy.
I died 5 times start to finish. Ragnar got me once in the Viking campaign and so did Siv. In the Samurai campaign Ranja killed me and the Warden got me too. Then I died just once more to Apollyon. I went into Realistic thinking it would be awful. When the game came out there were a lot of threads here calling for Realistic to be nerfed and complaining that it was too hard / unfair to have to restart entire missions etc. It was the easiest max difficulty level campaign I have ever played in a game.

Egotistic_Ez
03-30-2017, 01:27 AM
and so did Siv.

My only death, but I'm very parry happy so if I'd blocked instead I'd have probably been fine. That said, I didn't play the campaign until like a week after release (servers were being ****) so I had the mechanics down by then. Anyone who played the campaign first might have had more trouble.

Apollyon was honestly pathetic. Everything was so ridiculously telegraphed.

Divinefist4256
03-30-2017, 01:43 AM
I found the battle against Apollyon to be one of the easiest boss battles in the story mode. Finished it in one go.

Zakmuffin
03-30-2017, 02:06 AM
The difficulty was too easy. It's actually the only challenging fight in the entire story mode. The only other part that was difficult was fighting the warlord and his wolves. Mostly because I only played on realistic and couldn't hit them until I blocked their attacks.

Jak-Carver
03-30-2017, 02:18 AM
I actually found her difficulty level to be right on point. I won by using deflects with heavy counter on the end of her combos. with the stairs section, it's teaching you to try and keep the highg round for the advantage. this is why appollyon tries to throw you down the stairs and never up them

NostalgicNat482
01-27-2019, 04:31 AM
Before u start, first have Tough as Nails Lvl 2 and Second Wind Lvl 3 as ur feats. For the boss, collect the poison traps (4 should suffice). Then when u get to the actual boss, use the posion traps in conjunction with Crosswind Slashes (light attack x3). For example, use 1 trap to easily take on the PK, warden and Appollyon. On the staircase u can use 1 or 2. The final stage try to lure apollyon into the falling rubble + ur remain traps. Spam crosswind slashes as ur primary attack for all three stages.

Sneakly20
01-27-2019, 05:38 AM
Before u start, first have Tough as Nails Lvl 2 and Second Wind Lvl 3 as ur feats. For the boss, collect the poison traps (4 should suffice). Then when u get to the actual boss, use the posion traps in conjunction with Crosswind Slashes (light attack x3). For example, use 1 trap to easily take on the PK, warden and Appollyon. On the staircase u can use 1 or 2. The final stage try to lure apollyon into the falling rubble + ur remain traps. Spam crosswind slashes as ur primary attack for all three stages.

Dear god what kind of necromancy have you learned? I am not worthy of this sorcery!

UbiInsulin
01-27-2019, 08:07 PM

The genuine advice is appreciated, but this thread had been dead since shortly after For Honor launched. Closing this thread now - keep in mind that we want the most relevant content on the front page of the forums, and necro-ing a two year old thread is probably not necessary.