PDA

View Full Version : Bad conduct/bannable play queries

s3duxn
02-14-2017, 10:49 PM
I was looking for what consists of bad conduct/bannable play, but the code of conduct only relates to messaging/VOIP as far as I can tell.

Basically what I mean is, when fighting other players, is there any particular methods that will result in disciplinary action?

A friend told me one thing,though that may or not be true.

Apparently, guard-break/throw spamming is being considered to be a bannable offence?

Now, I tend to play warlord. Is that telling me I can't guard-break into a shield charge because i'm spamming? what if I knock an opponent off a cliff whether it's by accident or not, they get salty about it, and report me? does this mean I CAN'T make use of my environment?

would this extend to stunlocking? let me share one of my experiences in the open beta.

I was playing warlord in 4v4 elimination on the open beta. and I come up against a Nobushi. Now, by this point I already know I'm screwed. whether the opponent is a bot, new player or an experienced one I struggle with them. But I actually want a chance to fight back. One thing this particular player did [not naming and shaming], was hit me with a light into a kick, stunning me for a free hit. The player then proceeds to REPEAT the exact-same combo. No matter what I did, block,parry or dodge, I literally could not escape it. Even when furiously mashing the X button. surprise surprise, I died.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but is that kick unblockable? It acts like a guard-break but it happens so quick I fail to see the icon. Nevertheless trying to cancel it with my own guard-break didn't work.

Back to the issue at hand, Is there any other kind of bad play that I'm missing? I just don't want to get a nasty surprise. I have played with the warden, raider and warlord so far. i like the distance the vikings have, and the controllability the warden has.

Powermolch
02-14-2017, 10:55 PM
Apparently, guard-break/throw spamming is being considered to be a bannable offence?

What? No. You can smash that X all day if you want to. Predictable Patterns will usually end as a loss.

s3duxn
02-15-2017, 12:57 AM
You sure this person is your friend?

You hadn't just beaten him repeatedly in duels or something had you? :D

Relax, using the moves in a characters move set, even if you spam them, is never going to get you banned.

Heh, I thought he was a little salty. wasn't me who done it to him though. a question is better asked than left alone.

much like how I was salty at that damn nobushi :D.