PDA

View Full Version : Installing game content...

xJayzenx
02-14-2017, 07:18 PM
So, I loaded up the game for the first time, played through both "how to play" and now it's stuck on installing game content..... it's been almost an hour now.

Should I just wait for a while or is something seriously screwed up?

xJayzenx
02-14-2017, 07:29 PM
Anyone else having this problem?

Morphius218
02-14-2017, 08:00 PM
Yeah I've been having the same problem. What is happening if you go to your notifications under downloads you'll see that you may only have downloaded enough data to start the application but may have not downloaded the entire file. Which will inhibit anything but practice mode.

xJayzenx
02-14-2017, 08:24 PM
Well, that is the "solution". I'm showing 20 of 35gb currently downloaded.

I preloaded the game "so I thought".....

Thank you for the enlightenment. Guess I should be focusing on Valentine's Day for the wife anyway. lol

FredEx919
02-14-2017, 08:31 PM
Morphius218 is correct. In most games on Xbox and Playstation, you can install a portion of the game that will allow you to start playing before the full install is complete. In this case it'll probably only let you through the tutorial. Let it finish up to avoid any issues or another long download and you should be able to continue once done.

The_B0G_
02-14-2017, 08:43 PM
If like me, your download is complete and it still says Installing game content, select Return to start menu, it should say installation complete when you get back into the game.

The_CaptainHuff
02-14-2017, 08:56 PM
If like me, your downliad is complete and it still says Installing game content, select Return to start menu, it should installation complete when you get back into the game.

This worked for me, same situation

anias91
02-14-2017, 11:06 PM
Morphius218 is correct. In most games on Xbox and Playstation, you can install a portion of the game that will allow you to start playing before the full install is complete. In this case it'll probably only let you through the tutorial. Let it finish up to avoid any issues or another long download and you should be able to continue once done.

So it has been stuck on installing game content for two hours now. The update file says installed, so that is not the issue. How do i resolve this?!

Stiggalisk
02-15-2017, 02:52 AM
So it has been stuck on installing game content for two hours now. The update file says installed, so that is not the issue. How do i resolve this?!

I'm here also! It says game is updating, but there is no download.

UbiNoty
02-15-2017, 02:58 AM
Hello - have you tried exiting the Uplay client completely and restarting it? The installation will hopefully reinitialize without any problems. However if you still can't complete the download, please contact support (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Games/4315).

Daefias
02-15-2017, 01:46 PM

Same issue. I even left my PS4 opened on the game main menu the whole night hoping that this ''invisible'' installation would be done but no success. It's like my gold edition was a demo. Great game Ubi but oh terrible launch.

Also tried reinstalling, rebooting console etc.

MochaFace
02-15-2017, 05:20 PM
Click options on the game on home screen and go down and click information. I'm currently @ 20 GB of 35 GB and about 30 minutes in

ValaraukaBadKid
02-16-2017, 04:56 PM
having the same issue here. DL has confirmed its been completed through Downloads, but stuck on the main menu screen and cant get into MP or Single player content at all
Have no idea what to do, as I have reinstalled multiple times

c1a2r3l
03-30-2017, 12:23 AM
Can anyone help i bought for honor yesterday and all the contents are locked its saying installing content but its not i have deleted 3 times and started again and still wont let me play its disc and on ps4 any help would be good cause ubisost Couldnt help

UbiNoty
03-30-2017, 12:49 AM
having the same issue here. DL has confirmed its been completed through Downloads, but stuck on the main menu screen and cant get into MP or Single player content at all
Have no idea what to do, as I have reinstalled multiple times

Can anyone help i bought for honor yesterday and all the contents are locked its saying installing content but its not i have deleted 3 times and started again and still wont let me play its disc and on ps4 any help would be good cause ubisost Couldnt help

What platforms are you all on? Are you both on PS4?
Please open a ticket with support (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Games/4315) and they can help you troubleshoot the reason for why the game doesn't appear to be installing properly.

cragar212
03-30-2017, 12:55 AM
Lol ubisoft

danielmogsy1
08-09-2017, 02:25 AM
Hi, I have been experiencing issues with my disc For Honor on PlayStation 4. This exact same issues has happened to me since launch i have been trying to fix it myself (I.E tutorials on YouTube) and they're not working for me. My issue is when i start to play For Honor it crashes online after one match it also crashes on the campaign when i try to play the second to last mission on the Viking campaign. Also i have been experiencing another issue when i go to install it it automatically pauses the download for no reason at all. If anyone could help me with these issues i would be very thankful.

UbiJurassic
08-09-2017, 02:59 AM
Hi, I have been experiencing issues with my disc For Honor on PlayStation 4. This exact same issues has happened to me since launch i have been trying to fix it myself (I.E tutorials on YouTube) and they're not working for me. My issue is when i start to play For Honor it crashes online after one match it also crashes on the campaign when i try to play the second to last mission on the Viking campaign. Also i have been experiencing another issue when i go to install it it automatically pauses the download for no reason at all. If anyone could help me with these issues i would be very thankful.

Sorry to hear about the crashing issues! I think your best bet might be to talk with our support team. (support.ubi.com) They should be able to troubleshoot the problem and get you rolling in the right direction. :)

danielmogsy1
08-09-2017, 04:57 AM
Sorry to hear about the crashing issues! I think your best bet might be to talk with our support team. (support.ubi.com) They should be able to troubleshoot the problem and get you rolling in the right direction. :)

Thank you for helping me i shall talk to the support team.:)

Fayez.yah
09-19-2017, 06:43 AM
If like me, your download is complete and it still says Installing game content, select Return to start menu, it should say installation complete when you get back into the game.

Well my download is complete and i did as u said but when i enter the game i still have this probleme and i dc what to do :/

The_B0G_
09-19-2017, 11:47 PM
Well my download is complete and i did as u said but when i enter the game i still have this probleme and i dc what to do :/

I would try restarting your PS4 completely (assuming you're on PS4). Also, sometimes your download finishes for a portion of the game but not all, so maybe that was it, if it still doesn't work after you restart, goto the PS4 menu and goto For Honor, hit options and goto info, there it will tell you if it's still downloading. Example: 26.8/54 GB

M0ngk3yj4y
01-16-2018, 08:34 AM
Have same problem from PS4 platform

SirAfroMan
03-11-2018, 05:27 AM
Iíve been having this problem for about 2 days now. Iíve restarted my system, reloaded the game, checked it in my storage but nothing seems to work.

i5280gamer
03-15-2018, 01:14 AM
Yeah I've been having the same problem. What is happening if you go to your notifications under downloads you'll see that you may only have downloaded enough data to start the application but may have not downloaded the entire file. Which will inhibit anything but practice mode.

So my game won't even let me get to notifications and it says errors occurred, so I deleted it and nothing happened. My game came back to the same state and account. Then it says installing game content, and it isn't my wifi.

UbiJurassic
03-15-2018, 01:46 AM
So my game won't even let me get to notifications and it says errors occurred, so I deleted it and nothing happened. My game came back to the same state and account. Then it says installing game content, and it isn't my wifi.
Make sure you have ample space on your system's hard drive. Typically this issue will come about when there's not enough room for the updates it needs to install.

Gamerboy1194
06-03-2018, 07:05 AM
This glitch has been a problem for me since a year ago. I gave up when it happened for the first time, and now trying it again it has the same problem. "Installing game content" I miss the game..... I have done everything everyone has said ( more space, restart console, make sure its fully downloaded, etc.) I have no clue what to do

The_B0G_
06-03-2018, 12:35 PM
This glitch has been a problem for me since a year ago. I gave up when it happened for the first time, and now trying it again it has the same problem. "Installing game content" I miss the game..... I have done everything everyone has said ( more space, restart console, make sure its fully downloaded, etc.) I have no clue what to do

Thats odd, are you on PC?

Gamerboy1194
06-03-2018, 04:55 PM
Thats odd, are you on PC?

No I'm on ps4. It might be the disk, I might go buy a new one today

The_B0G_
06-03-2018, 05:19 PM
No I'm on ps4. It might be the disk, I might go buy a new one today

Yeah maybe, did you try ubisoft support?

Gamerboy1194
06-03-2018, 07:09 PM
Yeah maybe, did you try ubisoft support?

Yeah I just got a new disk I'm downloading now, and I have tried them I did everything they said, and it did not work

The_B0G_
06-03-2018, 08:22 PM
Yeah I just got a new disk I'm downloading now, and I have tried them I did everything they said, and it did not work

Brutal man, good luck!

orlandovelasque
06-14-2018, 12:26 AM
Somebody have any solution to this? Have been 5 days since i bought the game and 3 times re installed... 5 hrs with my ps4 on just to install whatever it needs to install but nothing changes...

aldi_The_Flash
06-16-2018, 03:23 PM
so what do you wanna do is go press the ps4 button or home and select the for honor or game your want to see download status and press the options button and press information

Avariatenchi1
07-27-2018, 02:12 PM
Has anyone figured this out? Iíve reinstalled my game and download the up date every day for 5 days now doesnít seem to help. Iím on PS4

Avariatenchi1
07-30-2018, 11:22 AM
The issue is an unreadable disk. Go get a new disc and it fixed the problem.

Purple_alexis06
08-28-2018, 11:02 PM
Iíve been having the same problem with installing game content my game is fully updated and I left it on for honor when I went to sleep to see if it would fix it but it still says installing game content