PDA

View Full Version : Elimination and Skirmish MUST be separated

SpacePrez
02-14-2017, 07:04 PM
What on earth were you guys thinking?

You give everybody daily missions to play elimination, but you have to queue for both elimination and skirmish.

Do you want people to join the game and leave as soon as the map loads? Because that's what's happening. That's what you're gonna get.

This is such a terrible and obvious design oversight I can't believe it.

If Skirmish is going to be on the same playlist as any other mode, it should be Dominion, but really it should just have its own queue! This is ridiculous.

Ragnar---
02-14-2017, 07:08 PM
This is something developers do when a game is dying or they don't expect many players on launch. I feel as though if we speak up about this then they will happily split them.

[I don't think Skirmish belongs in For Honor, it's TDM which just lets you run around like a nobhead which isn't fun for me or my group.

There's zero reason to force me to have the chance of doing something I do not enjoy and quite honestly I will just leave every single Skirmish match I happen to join, nobody wins in this scenario as most matches will be bot matches. For the people who like Skirmish? that's not fair at all.

I mean, it's like searching for 1v1 duels and having to play a 2v2 instead, it's seems like a huge oversight.

SpacePrez
02-14-2017, 07:11 PM
The worst part is there's dailies that require you to do multiple elimination matches. Which is fine, but having to play 3 skirmishes for every 1 elimination you get matched into just makes it take forever. Its a terrible idea.

S.O.L.A.A.R
02-14-2017, 07:13 PM
I don't have many gripes with the game, but not being able to chose between Elimination and Skirmish makes no sense at all.

They are 2 completely different game modes, and while I really like Elimination I have no interest in playing Skirmish.

Really hope they fix that.

Braegulfer
02-14-2017, 07:15 PM
I'm with you guys. I love elimination mode and LOATHE skirmish. Please, please, please UBI, separate them--the preference mode (which I understand you're going to hotpatch so it's working as intended) still won't satisfy my desire to NOT play skirmish mode. For the record skirmish is the ONLY mode I dislike in the game...I love the others, but I would hate to queue for dominion and get put into elim as well....It just doesn't make any sense to me. Thanks for the great game btw, I'm really digging the campaign too.

SpacePrez
02-14-2017, 07:22 PM
So like I said people are just joining and dropping games which puts more load on the matchmaking server