PDA

View Full Version : Does this game have a future for being skill based?

YappysDaBeast
02-14-2017, 05:11 PM
So lets get started.
Anyone who actually knows how to play this game and has a lot of experience from the alpha's/beta's and technical tests knows that all you have to do is play defensive and you will 100% get off free hits without having to put yourself out and using combos.
The current way PARRY works right now (Heavy attack button to block) Guarantees a free hit or free guardbreak (Unblockable after you've been parried)
Once you've been parried and guard broken you cannot whatsoever counter that guardbreak, equalling into whatever combo of your choice.

So you will only need to stand there and wait for an incoming attack and parry it for your free hits.
Feinting will not work against people who know correctly how to block.
You can do this on any single character. Nobushi and Lawbringer are the harder ones to play off the defensive parry combos as they get knocked back to far sometimes when you parry them.

Now lets talk about the classes that have really effective dodging slashes. You just stand there and wait and dodge left or right and use left or right click (Depending on the classes skill).
It's the waiting and timing game. Unless your opponent feints his first attack to bait out your dodge you will always land it (Most the time feints are to slow so you're most likely to land your hit before they cancel feint).

As of this current system that gives off to many 100% guaranteed hits without you being able to counter, i really don't see a future for skill in this game once everyone has learnt the ropes.

YappysDaBeast
02-14-2017, 05:20 PM
It's nothing on other fighting games and it annoys me because I want this to be skill based, but it's just flawed by cheap tactics. There are sooooo many players who just abuse certain things.

Yeah, defensive people who don't do a single attack and just wait to parry are eveywhere.
I will not lose 1 single piece of health when I do this. But it is totally boring.

RatedChaotic
02-14-2017, 05:20 PM
You claiming to 1v4 players..... One would think you would know that just sitting there waiting for a parry will not work versus a skilled opponent.

YappysDaBeast
02-14-2017, 05:21 PM
You claiming to 1v4 players..... One would think you would know that just sitting there waiting for a parry will not work versus a skilled opponent.

Yes it will. You cannot do anything vs them without opening up more parry's for them.

RatedChaotic
02-14-2017, 05:26 PM
Yes it will. You cannot do anything vs them without opening up more parry's for them.

While your sitting there in your guard waiting for a parry. I will guard break you and throw you off a cliff for being a noob.

YappysDaBeast
02-14-2017, 05:28 PM
While your sitting there in your guard waiting for a parry. I will guard break you and throw you off a cliff for being a noob.

You know how easy guard break is to counter? :') Who's the noob now?