PDA

View Full Version : Not able to buy steel in game?

Victor_Vitious
02-14-2017, 03:34 PM
I go to the in game store and click on buy steel packs and try and buy any of the packs there by clicking on them holding space or holding A on my xbox controller until the circle icon fills on it and nothing pops up to enter billing information no web page opens or nothing on the uplay ap i would like to buy steel but am not able to. Wondering if anyone else is having this problem or if its just me? Maybe the option isnt available yet? Same thing happens when I go to in game store and try to buy the season pass through there. Not interested in the season pass yet just did it for testing purposes. As far as i know i see no option to buy steel out of game either?

deltaco1023
02-14-2017, 03:58 PM
I go to the in game store and click on buy steel packs and try and buy any of the packs there by clicking on them holding space or holding A on my xbox controller until the circle icon fills on it and nothing pops up to enter billing information no web page opens or nothing on the uplay ap i would like to buy steel but am not able to. Wondering if anyone else is having this problem or if its just me? Maybe the option isnt available yet? Same thing happens when I go to in game store and try to buy the season pass through there. Not interested in the season pass yet just did it for testing purposes. As far as i know i see no option to buy steel out of game either?

Yep same issues here too, except I did buy the season pass. I have the steam version BTW.

Victor_Vitious
02-14-2017, 04:02 PM
i have the steam version as well, but i do have my billing info updated on the uplay store and nothing happens anyways.

deltaco1023
02-14-2017, 04:04 PM
I have BOTH the uplay billing updated and money in my steam wallet updated too...still no luck. Very frustrating :(

FredEx919
02-14-2017, 04:34 PM
We're checking into this everyone. Do you have your Uplay overlay disabled? If so, make sure that is enabled and retry. Let me know if that helps at all.

Victor_Vitious
02-14-2017, 04:52 PM
it is enabled

Khosani
02-14-2017, 04:54 PM
We're checking into this everyone. Do you have your Uplay overlay disabled? If so, make sure that is enabled and retry. Let me know if that helps at all.

Doesn't fix the issue.

I have disabled the overlay, launched the game, quit.

Reenabled overlay, launched game, problem still persists.

I read in a twitch stream that if you disable "something" that resolves an FPS problem the store works.

I have tried toggling all in-game options to no avail.

Can't get an answer off the streamer unfortunately. 8000+ viewers and all.

deltaco1023
02-14-2017, 05:03 PM

Just double checked...my overlay IS enabled...no luck though.

Victor_Vitious
02-14-2017, 06:05 PM
I have tried with and without the overlay and restarting Uplay and the game still nothing.

PathlessMoss
02-14-2017, 06:11 PM
Quick question: (Xbox) Can you not buy iron with points through the Xbox market place? I have 30$ worth that I was hoping to be able to use for iron on release.

deltaco1023
02-14-2017, 07:56 PM
Any word on a fix yet? :D

Phaykz
02-14-2017, 07:58 PM
We just wanna give you some money :D Fix it please :P

deltaco1023
02-14-2017, 08:01 PM

What he said!

Other than this issue, I am having a blast playing this :)

Tronny666
02-14-2017, 08:08 PM

your parents must be proud.
are you that ADHD that you cant keep your attention even for 1 day without looking to spend money on a game you just purchased?

TypicalZealot
02-14-2017, 08:56 PM
are you that ADHD that you cant keep your attention even for 1 day without looking to spend money on a game you just purchased?

Yeah I'm sure that mine and his parents are very proud that we're successful enough to have enough disposable income for me to spend my money on whatever the **** I want whenever the **** I want.

If I want to buy all the gear for the Shugoki to make myself look cooler, I'll ****ing do that. Keep *****ing about what other people do with their money, because clearly we got enough of it to throw around and maybe you're mad you don't.

UDA.Alernakin
02-14-2017, 09:35 PM

Can we get an update on this please? when i click on buy the steel, and it takes me to the Shop in the overlay, it is just stuck on loading with the little circle in the middle and nothing happens, really would like to purchase some steel tonight

deltaco1023
02-14-2017, 11:12 PM
Solved on my end!! Turns out I could not do ANYTHING with any of the "ubisoft" functions within the game (store, redeem code, overlay etc etc...). Went in to my firewall created an exception fro ubisofts software. That didn't work, or at least not by itself. Further research showed that the overlay doesn't like to play well with several programs...in my case it was FRAPS (shows framerate within games). Disabled it running in the background and then I was able to buy steel successfully.

Their are several other programs that cause issues with the overlay (MSI AFTERBURNER and EVGA Precision do according to I found out)

Hope this helps someone else though :)

Good Luck!!

TrollyTheSolly
02-14-2017, 11:37 PM
Thank you so much! This fixed the problem.

God damn it FRAPS.

If you still want to see your FPS counter, there's an option in the Uplay settings.

TrollyTheSolly
02-14-2017, 11:39 PM

What other people do with their money is no concern to you. Let's keep this all civil please.

UDA.Alernakin
02-15-2017, 12:20 AM
Solved on my end!! Turns out I could not do ANYTHING with any of the "ubisoft" functions within the game (store, redeem code, overlay etc etc...). Went in to my firewall created an exception fro ubisofts software. That didn't work, or at least not by itself. Further research showed that the overlay doesn't like to play well with several programs...in my case it was FRAPS (shows framerate within games). Disabled it running in the background and then I was able to buy steel successfully.

Their are several other programs that cause issues with the overlay (MSI AFTERBURNER and EVGA Precision do according to I found out)

Hope this helps someone else though :)

Good Luck!!

Im not using fraps and its still not working for me.. can't understand this

UDA.Alernakin
02-15-2017, 02:00 AM
Seriously can someone help me ?

HunkDunk
02-15-2017, 02:55 AM
Same for me. I dont use FRAPS and still can't see overlay for payment.

Victor_Vitious
02-15-2017, 03:30 AM
I have found what the issue was for me and judging by the resolutions others have had i think it may be something to do with anything that is able to record gameplay even if you are not using it. For instance I have my GeForce overlay set to have sharing on by default, I never use this but there is a hot key to start recording, it also has an overlay that pops up when you start the game to alert you that you have this option. Once I went into Geforce and turned sharing off and the overlay off, turned the steam overlay ON because if you have a steam version of the game you will buy the steel through steam, it worked perfectly.

So what i think is causing the issue is any thing that records gameplay even if it is not recording if it is enabled in any way, I think it is causing the issue. It may be to protect payment information but that is just speculation. I have also heard from 2 people who stream on twitch that they where not able to purchase anything until they turned OBS off, but I am not sure about this because I do not stream.

So just go through all of your programs that run in the background and can record like overwolf, raptr, Geforce sharing, Win10 Xbox DVR, anything like that and if you have the steam overlay disabled enable it and also make sure Uplay overlay is enabled, restart the game and try again.

UDA.Alernakin
02-15-2017, 04:21 AM
I have found what the issue was for me and judging by the resolutions others have had i think it may be something to do with anything that is able to record gameplay even if you are not using it. For instance I have my GeForce overlay set to have sharing on by default, I never use this but there is a hot key to start recording, it also has an overlay that pops up when you start the game to alert you that you have this option. Once I went into Geforce and turned sharing off and the overlay off, turned the steam overlay ON because if you have a steam version of the game you will buy the steel through steam, it worked perfectly.

So what i think is causing the issue is any thing that records gameplay even if it is not recording if it is enabled in any way, I think it is causing the issue. It may be to protect payment information but that is just speculation. I have also heard from 2 people who stream on twitch that they where not able to purchase anything until they turned OBS off, but I am not sure about this because I do not stream.

So just go through all of your programs that run in the background and can record like overwolf, raptr, Geforce sharing, Win10 Xbox DVR, anything like that and if you have the steam overlay disabled enable it and also make sure Uplay overlay is enabled, restart the game and try again.

Hasn't worked for me unfortunately, i even uninstalled Gforce experience, tried everything, closed everything on task manager, nothings working

Oh well if u don't want my money Ubisoft... fine

HunkDunk
02-15-2017, 05:47 AM
Did everything you said Victor and nothing worked :( I also don't use steam everything I do is run through Uplay. They have a overlay setting in that, had it on and off and still nothing.

UDA.Alernakin
02-15-2017, 06:16 AM
Did everything you said Victor and nothing worked :( I also don't use steam everything I do is run through Uplay. They have a overlay setting in that, had it on and off and still nothing.

Same, really frustrating... no idea how to fix, tried everything suggested

Aww_Geez
02-15-2017, 06:18 AM
Same, I would just like to buy some steel, put it on the uplay store as well and that fixes the problem regardless.

Aww_Geez
02-15-2017, 08:22 AM
Ok so I waited 2 hours to chat with support and this is what they had to say.

Alright, I have some steps that I would like you to try.

1) Close the game and Uplay PC.
2) Access the folder : C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\cache\http2 and delete it.
3) Restart the game and Uplay PC and try again.

It worked for me immediately and nothing else here did. Good luck!

Phaykz
02-15-2017, 08:28 AM

2) Access the folder : C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\cache\http2 and delete it.

This worked for me aswell, thanks :D

HunkDunk
02-15-2017, 08:34 AM
Worked thanks! I was 5th in que with Ubisoft support after waiting 2 hours when I saw this. Lol

FailOfHDDVD
02-15-2017, 08:41 AM

If this worked for many people, it should deserve to be stickied

Khosani
02-15-2017, 01:02 PM
If this worked for many people, it should deserve to be stickied

Works! Please sticky this!

HokemPokem
02-16-2017, 08:22 AM
Didnt work for me. Deleted that folder, I dont have fraps or EVGA precision running. No recording or shadowplay is on. I have Steam and Uplay account info Updated. I've tried windowed and Fullscreen.

Nothing. Never had so much trouble giving companies my money before. :p

Adjite
02-16-2017, 01:27 PM
Didnt work for me. Deleted that folder, I dont have fraps or EVGA precision running. No recording or shadowplay is on. I have Steam and Uplay account info Updated. I've tried windowed and Fullscreen.

Nothing. Never had so much trouble giving companies my money before. :p

same here

Archaic_Dream
02-17-2017, 07:41 PM
Hey yesterday I bought steel for $10 yesterday and I got no steel for it is anyone else having the same problem? This sucks I wanted to get The Impaler for Lawbringer but now I don't want to buy anything if they just keep taking my money (And I did pay through the game, checked my bank account and the $10 was taken) :mad:

Maxildan-Ubi
02-17-2017, 11:56 PM
ok so i waited 2 hours to chat with support and this is what they had to say.

Alright, i have some steps that i would like you to try.

1) close the game and uplay pc.
2) access the folder : C:\program files (x86)\ubisoft\ubisoft game launcher\cache\http2 and delete it.
3) restart the game and uplay pc and try again.

stick it !