PDA

View Full Version : =(

T_Djinn_T
02-14-2017, 02:56 PM
The title says it all.

I fell in love with the Valk when it was available for play because she had quick attacks that did meh damage. But had a lot of options for example

Then: You could use your sweeper into any attack. And if you got two off you could sweep again.
Now: If you use your sweep you cannot follow up with any attack except Lunging top swing (Which will hit for 8 damage)

Then: You had attack speed
Now: Every attack is as slow as the old heavy swing - Heavy swing is now even slower

Then: You did damage 18 per light 26-29 per heavy (Depending on which guard)
Now: Light attack deals 9 damage Heavy deals 14 (Just so you're aware. Our HEAVY does less damage than a Peace keepers light attack)

Then: You could effectively parry with light attack
Now: The window to parry is still 1.5 seconds. The window to parry with light attack is now .5 seconds

Then: When you dodge block (Effectively a deflect) it would remain guarding in that direciton
Now: When you Dodge block only the startup of the dodge has the black property and it removes ALL blocking directions until you reassign it.

Then: Shield tackle could be combo'd into sweep for good follow up
Now: Both moves are pretty bad...

I expected nerfs to the Valk. I expected it to not to be as good as it once was, but I expected it to at least be playable.
At this point in time they found the ground. Dug a hole from NA to the core of the earth and sent Valk to hell.

TL;DR Valk (Like I stated in my other post before it went live that they're going to nerf her to an unplayable state) was nerfed to an unplayable state. I'm sad now. RIP my favorite hero.

Derity
02-14-2017, 03:00 PM
It was the most overpowered character in the entire game, what did you expect lol

T_Djinn_T
02-14-2017, 03:02 PM
It was the most overpowered character in the entire game, what did you expect lol

Warlord was vastly more OP and PK was a close second.
It was just super easy to kill bad players with Valk and you stood a chance with it at high tier.

Was OP at first. But after the first nerf it was balanced. Got nerfed two more times to shut people up. And they still cried. Now it's unplayable just to keep them from crying nerf valk which they prob still will because they're still bad and valk's will still destroy bad player like any class.

DrHazyUK
02-14-2017, 03:05 PM
I dont know about "unplayable", and to be fair i didn't get much time in on her during the beta (or thus far since release).. but I was in a quick round of elimination earlier today where the last one standing in our team was playing as Valk getting ganked by 3 or 4 of the opposition -- however they stood their ground and took them all out.

T_Djinn_T
02-14-2017, 03:08 PM
I dont know about "unplayable", and to be fair i didn't get much time in on her during the beta (or thus far since release).. but I was in a quick round of elimination earlier today where the last one standing in our team was playing as Valk getting ganked by 3 or 4 of the opposition -- however they stood their ground and took them all out.

Again against bad players any hero is good.

In a 3v1/4v1 if they block get revenge. Attack once. Rinse repeat they eventually kill everyone. I myself did a 4v1 as berserker and orochi already and won both fights. It's not hard if players are bad.

The_Quieter
02-14-2017, 04:36 PM

That was Warlord, I don't know if they took the Valkyrie nerf too far but it did need some nerfs for sure.

Alanthir
02-16-2017, 12:19 AM
Warlord was the most OP in closed Alpha, yes. In the hands of a decent player he could destroy everything and everyone, but Valk was just plain stupid.

Did they take the nerf to far? Yes, they did, but not to much over the top. Give her a 50% damage boost and she´s ok, but adjust the sliders carefully, her arsenal is to wide and tends to get easily OP again if you give it a notch to much.

And no, by no mean was the Valk anywhere near balanced after the alpha nerfs, you just like to think this way.