PDA

View Full Version : Penalty for quitters?

ipm204
02-14-2017, 01:30 AM
The alpha and beta was full of players quitting when they were losing. This wouldn't bother me to much if they were trying to protect their precious W/L ratio because I don't care about leaderboards, but For Honor is a P2P game. Quitters can potentially affect the game for every player in their session with host migration or by taking an entire team (group) with them when they quit. And since Ubisoft doesn't appear to be adding dedicated servers, I think players should be penalized for quitting.

Can I propose and idea? Quitting in For Honor is practically deserting the battlefield. Maybe a "deserter penalty" should affect that player in some way or another, or at the very least affect the faction they represent in the Faction War. Something needs to be in affect here, because quitting in a P2P game will become a wide problem sooner then later.

davedxd
02-14-2017, 01:32 AM
there should be a penalty for quitters, but i dont wanna get punished for having a dc during a match that wasnt my fault..

teksuo1
02-14-2017, 01:35 AM
quitting should lock you out of that mode for 30 minutes.
If you quit a dominion, for example, you can't join anymore dominions for 30 minutes. you have to brawl or deathmatch until the penalty lifts off.
If you quit in 3 different modes you absolutely deserve being locked out of the whole game for 30 minutes. (or work on your solo campaign)

just a random pleb's idea.

ipm204
02-14-2017, 01:40 AM
I agree with players should NOT be punished for a DC, but I'm sure Unisoft can detect whether or not an account is still connected to their servers right? At least I'd like to believe they can detect it.

Yes quitting should be recorded as a loss, and yeah maybe a temporary ban/lock would be a good way to go. Way better then not doing anything about it at all.

FailOfHDDVD
02-14-2017, 02:10 AM
I propose that we get a penalty for repeated offenses. The penalty should come as a time ban and steel/loot loss.

TCTF_SWAT
02-14-2017, 02:11 AM
You still get the rewards anyway so....what's the big deal? They get squat anyway.

FailOfHDDVD
02-14-2017, 02:54 AM
You still get the rewards anyway so....what's the big deal? They get squat anyway.

because when people quit, the game has to re-sync which may have problems at times. And the game will be one sided.

Vulgorn
02-14-2017, 02:55 AM
because when people quit, the game has to re-sync which may have problems at times. And the game will be one sided.

Not to mention, in every opportunity for it to resync, it could just drop everyone and no one gets rewards. I'd be fine with them just not getting their rewards if it weren't for that.

PacTheManlyMan
02-14-2017, 02:58 AM
Having the other player automatically win would solve the issue really.

ipm204
02-14-2017, 03:03 AM

Another reason is... I've been in the middle of execution animations when these players I was about to execute quit, and once the game finished re-synchronizing, that same player was replaced with a fully health bot while I retained the damage I recieved in the previous battle. Now I'm in a new (handicapped) fight, robbed of a win and possible facing a loss if I take a hit or two. It NEEDS to be addressed.

ipm204
02-14-2017, 03:08 AM

Having the other player automatically win would solve the issue really.

Doesn't work in a 2v2 or 4v4 because his teammates could be winning too.

Its especially not fair if he's replaced by a healthy bot but I keep the damage I recieved from the quitter? Even if the player quits while I'm in the middle of an execution (win), he's replaced by a bot with full health while I keep any damage I recieved in the previous battle.

SirCorrino
02-14-2017, 03:14 AM
They can't implement this until they get rid of the stupid decision to not let you choose between Elimination and Skirmish, only 'prefer' one. I will ALWAYS leave if I don't get the mode I want. And I will not accept being punished for that.

ipm204
02-14-2017, 03:29 AM
They can't implement this until they get rid of the stupid decision to not let you choose between Elimination and Skirmish, only 'prefer' one. I will ALWAYS leave if I don't get the mode I want. And I will not accept being punished for that.

I don't mind players quitting before engaging in battle. I'll assume that is what YOUR doing. But If a player fights, starts to lose, then quits? They should be punished and not blame their actions on the game mode they were put in. Once a player engages in combat, that should be a commitment to see it through.