PDA

View Full Version : Battle Cry Translations?

TucuReborn
02-13-2017, 11:05 PM
I just wanted to know if anyone at Ubi or a fan had translated some of the lines yet.

So far, I managed a few for Lawbringer from the demo videos. Very rough by the way, and via google translate and my best attempts to spell Latin(what the language appears to be based on).

"In mortem in victos"

"In death, the losers"

Makes sense. The losers are determined by death. Fitting of our executioner.

"No sus pestes"

"No pig pests"

Probably butchered by google and my bad spelling, but basically calling his enemies animals and pests.

I'm curious what the Vikings and Samurai yell out during battle. I hope there's some sort of explanation for their war cries in the story, or that Ubi tells us what they mean. I want to know what insults and triumphant roars are.

Archo-Vax
02-13-2017, 11:11 PM
I just wanted to know if anyone at Ubi or a fan had translated some of the lines yet.

So far, I managed a few for Lawbringer from the demo videos. Very rough by the way, and via google translate and my best attempts to spell Latin(what the language appears to be based on).

"In mortem in victos"

"In death, the losers"

Makes sense. The losers are determined by death. Fitting of our executioner.

"No sus pestes"

"No pig pests"

Probably butchered by google and my bad spelling, but basically calling his enemies animals and pests.

I'm curious what the Vikings and Samurai yell out during battle. I hope there's some sort of explanation for their war cries in the story, or that Ubi tells us what they mean. I want to know what insults and triumphant roars are.

Well, the Lawbringer shouts "ad mortem inimicusl!" and "no superstes!" meaning "death to the enemy!" and "none standing!/no survivors!", respectively.

DemeDesu
02-13-2017, 11:11 PM
pestes means disease/plague in latin if i remember correct

Damage_Incorp
02-13-2017, 11:16 PM
Conqueror says something like here fleega but i have no freaking idea what that means

Mercer37
02-14-2017, 12:06 AM
I was wondering what wardens, peacekeepers and raiders yell.

Peacekeeper seems to yell smth like "Pierri!" sometimes when performing stabs, which apparently is Spanish for "I pierced". Probably butchered by my pathetic attempts at typing language I have no idea about into google translate tho.

Imp-C-Bravo
02-14-2017, 03:14 AM
The Samurai character's Japanese is pretty good. Realistic phrases, good pronunciation (at least as far as I have heard anyway.) It's a nice atmospheric touch all around.

TucuReborn
02-14-2017, 05:10 PM
The Samurai character's Japanese is pretty good. Realistic phrases, good pronunciation (at least as far as I have heard anyway.) It's a nice atmospheric touch all around.

Can you post some translations? I have a friend who is dying to know what they say.

Mercer37
02-14-2017, 08:39 PM
Knight seems to yell "miserum" which is Latin for "wretched" when doing shoulder charge

SirCorrino
02-14-2017, 09:00 PM
The Raider says "Eg river thu i bitar" (I don't have all the correct Icelandic characters) which means "I (will) tear you to pieces" when he uses his zone attack.

The Zerker yells "Thu er dydur" which means "You are dead"

Zv1k0
02-14-2017, 09:49 PM
Anyone knows what Nobushi says?

trikster77
02-14-2017, 10:12 PM

My Japanese is bad but she says something to the tune of "you have to be faster/quicker" and the Kensei says something like "this is your end" may not be 100% here.

Nobushi also says something like "thats fun" "so no tanoshi yo"

TucuReborn
02-14-2017, 10:19 PM
My Japanese is bad but she says something to the tune of "you have to be faster/quicker" and the Kensei says something like "this is your end" may not be 100% here.

Any idea on Orochi?

CrossRoads7
02-14-2017, 10:23 PM
pestes means disease/plague in latin if i remember correct

peste still mean plague in my language

trikster77
02-14-2017, 10:31 PM
Any idea on Orochi?

Not 100% again but after listing to it I think he is saying "Very Ordinary/as expected" as in taunting his opponent "jinjo ni chobu"

Ragnar---
02-14-2017, 10:34 PM
I really want to know what the Warlord says when he does his defensive stance. "For Almir" or some ****. lol.

Mercer37
02-15-2017, 12:12 AM
To add to previous post, corrected versions of zerker and raider shouts with correct letters are:
g rfa thu i btur - for raider is closest I got
ert dauur - for zerker

H3adl3ssChicken
02-15-2017, 12:24 AM

My wife and I think we know 2 of her phrases:
Oish!te Mairu - too delicious / too sweet?
Anata Ni Shiyou - "Let's do this / Let's do it!"

we're not so sure on the translation on the first one. It might be slang we're not familiar with. We're more certain of the second though. Sorry for poor Romanization btw. Not our forte.

CrossRoads7
02-15-2017, 07:07 PM
If you guys post in here some of the knights battle cries i might be able to translate for you, since i can speak 2 language that came from latin and also can understand some of the others 2 languages, i mean i supossed the knight battle cry are in latin and if so i may be able to translate some.

CrossRoads7
02-15-2017, 08:05 PM
Warden - te secabo - I'll cut you
Misero - Miserable -( this one is still the same in my native language)

Conqueror - te oxidam -
te a fligam -

or something like this, anyway no idea
( im my language oxida mean turn to rust) but dont i see any sense on that here though

PeaceMaker - Pieri! - Die!

Lawbringer - No superstes - No survirvors
Ad mortem mi inimicus - Death to my enemies

I think that all the quotes from the knights
I translated as best as i could, the conqueror i have no idea what that means though
and if you find something wrong, just correct it. :P

CrossRoads7
02-15-2017, 08:17 PM
When Orochi attacks after a defect says Shin i think that means Die, but i dont know japonese

trikster77
02-16-2017, 01:10 AM
My wife and I think we know 2 of her phrases:
Oish!te Mairu - too delicious / too sweet?
Anata Ni Shiyou - "Let's do this / Let's do it!"

we're not so sure on the translation on the first one. It might be slang we're not familiar with. We're more certain of the second though. Sorry for poor Romanization btw. Not our forte.

Oishi te mairu means "here we go" or it can mean "I will teach you" depending on how its spelt oshiete mairu or osh!te mairu

Anata ni shiyo means something similar to "For you" "lets do it" depending on if there is a "u" at the end (this one is harder to translate) "anata" means you "ni" is a directionary particle and "shiyo" means to as presenting where shiyou means try. 

CoyoteXStarrk
02-16-2017, 01:17 AM
I don't speak Viking but I'm fairly certain my Beserker says "Get good scrub" when I use her leaping overhead.

Pretty sure Orochi says "I am a virgin who has never seen the sun"

lol