PDA

View Full Version : Uplay or Steam

Squ1dF4ce
02-13-2017, 09:32 PM
Is there any pros/cons to buying at one shop over the other. I would prefer to keep it in steam as I don't have many Ubisoft games.

Also sorry if this was posted already, I did a search for it and didnt find anything, nor have I seen one in the last few days of casual lurking.

PPLB
02-13-2017, 09:58 PM
Is there any pros/cons to buying at one shop over the other. I would prefer to keep it in steam as I don't have many Ubisoft games.

Also sorry if this was posted already, I did a search for it and didnt find anything, nor have I seen one in the last few days of casual lurking.

For the game itself there is no downside of purchasing it via steam, or uplay. In the end you will uplay to start the game though. As a side note: The steam release may, or may not be later than the release is via Uplay for you. Depending on where you live. If this matters to you, check the post about launch times first: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1576970-For-Honor-Launch-Times

bakaekze
02-13-2017, 10:03 PM
Steam release is tied to American time, so you will get it at 12am PDT (I think). If you buy on uplay, you get it at 12am your local time.

Also, if you for any reason don't like the game, Steam has a great refund system where you can refund a game if you played less than 2 hours and purchased it less than 2 weeks ago.

Otherwise there is no difference where you buy. Matter of preference. Just buy where it is cheaper/more convenient for you.

WingedHussar_PL
02-13-2017, 10:42 PM
If you have steam controller it's probably be better to stay in Steam for compatibility issues

Powermolch
02-13-2017, 11:10 PM
Bought it on steam only cause Uplay didnt have the Payment Options I prefer.

Nexuss94
02-13-2017, 11:15 PM
Uplay gets it early due to well its there game so why not i also got the game off uplay with a 20% discount and cut out the middleman of using steam - go straight to the seller everytime

Squ1dF4ce
02-13-2017, 11:57 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone

AjayBrar
02-14-2017, 12:24 AM
Uplay gets it early due to well its there game so why not i also got the game off uplay with a 20% discount and cut out the middleman of using steam - go straight to the seller everytime

The 20% discount doesn't apply to new releases tho