PDA

View Full Version : Explain to me why there is poison in this game...

Apaolo_
02-13-2017, 08:26 PM
Please someone explain this to me. Why do the fastest classes also have a poison effect? I can't tell you how many matches I'll be winning until the opponents starts doing their quick stab/poison then runs around while my health drops. It's literally beyond annoying, there is no "honor" in that playstyle.

Stemel93
02-13-2017, 08:29 PM
Please someone explain this to me. Why do the fastest classes also have a poison effect? I can't tell you how many matches I'll be winning until the opponents starts doing their quick stab/poison then runs around while my health drops. It's literally beyond annoying, there is no "honor" in that playstyle.

If that dmg wasnt a "Damage over Time" you would be dead anyway when the blow hit you... so who cares? It just give you a possibility to win the match, you are asking for a buff, not for a nerf :D

RatedChaotic
02-13-2017, 08:32 PM
Ya I ran into those poison and bleed runners alot. But I understood that was the only way they could beat me. So to teach them a lesson I parked near a ledge and threw them off when they tried again. I laughed when I got hate mail from them.

Apaolo_
02-13-2017, 08:33 PM
If that dmg wasnt a "Damage over Time" you would be dead anyway when the blow hit you... so who cares? It just give you a possibility to win the match, you are asking for a buff, not for a nerf :D

Because it's cowardly and I don't want to run around and chase someone. Not to mention you're at a disadvantage when you're chasing because they can stop, quick stab and then run again.

Puck_The_Pisky
02-13-2017, 08:41 PM
Because it's cowardly and I don't want to run around and chase someone. Not to mention you're at a disadvantage when you're chasing because they can stop, quick stab and then run again.

Litteraly when you see an assassin, expect them to try to bleed you and just press the guardbreak button to puh them back when they go for it. It's not cowardly, they just got a free bleed is all. Wait til you meet a truly good peacekeeper that knows how to fight really well ontop of the bleed.

Being bled and complaining is the same as being hit by a normal attack and not blocking and then complaining that they hit you. It's blockable and also possbile to counterguard.

tcs1991.ts
02-13-2017, 08:45 PM

A) no the fastest class
B) can dodged, parried, blocked
C) the classes that have poison are glass cannons. They die very quickly and easily.

Apaolo_
02-13-2017, 08:49 PM
Read what I'm actually saying. I don't mind when they fight fairly, the problem is if they're losing then they can bleed and run. I'll be clearly winning matches and then this type of stuff starts to happen. What kind of duel is that when I'm running around chasing after someone?

zesilo
02-13-2017, 09:03 PM
Read what I'm actually saying. I don't mind when they fight fairly, the problem is if they're losing then they can bleed and run. I'll be clearly winning matches and then this type of stuff starts to happen. What kind of duel is that when I'm running around chasing after someone?

because that is the playstyle of the class? Nobushi clearly states "Tactical Retreats" as an advantage it has. If you try to get in close you have an advantage, so obviously they will keep you at a distance.
Peacekeeper? You can block the hits even after the guard break.
Honor? everyone goes by something else. There is a reason it is in the game, so get over the rules you are setting and play using your surroundings.

tcs1991.ts
02-13-2017, 09:06 PM

Block it.

zesilo
02-13-2017, 09:10 PM
tell me how you can block the triple stab after the guard break please

If you tap the block button to the right when they push rb it will block the attack.

Satorel
02-13-2017, 09:11 PM
Explain to me why you are QQing on the forums instead of getting gud?

Peligrad
02-13-2017, 09:21 PM
1) Bleed is part of Nobushi's kit. Her attacks deal more damage to bleeding opponents. So if you are fighting one, it might be a good idea to step back and let the bleed come off instead of going right back in.

2) Bleed is not an execute. This is especially important in 4v4 kill.

3) If you are about to die to a bleed, you can still win if they are low HP. Try going all out and killing them before the bleed finishes you off.

4) If you are playing Dominion or Kill all hope is not lost if you are bleeding out. You can go to your base or grab a healing boost and still live or even use a healing feat.

Very tired of people complaining about bleeds. They aren't that big of a deal and they are strictly worse than just dying to straight damage. Just don't let them tilt you. If you are crying about them that's what they are doing. Stop watching the bleed and get your head back in the fight.

And no... I don't play PC or Nobushi...

Karma_Ghost
02-13-2017, 09:29 PM
Very tired of people complaining about bleeds. They aren't that big of a deal and they are strictly worse than just dying to straight damage. Just don't let them tilt you. If you are crying about them that's what they are doing. Stop watching the bleed and get your head back in the fight.

It's only strictly worse than direct damage if you're only looking at potential damage over time. In the beta build, peacekeeper's stab does heavy attack damage while being much more difficult to defend against. In the case of risk vs reward or speed of execution, it's strictly better than PK's instant damage options.

theromanticswb
02-13-2017, 09:34 PM

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it shouldn't be in the game. It's a fantasy based game and bleeds are a staple of the genre from some archetypes.

The only two that do it are the PK, yes the fastest class in the game and the Nobushi, definitely NOT the fastest class in the game.

theromanticswb
02-13-2017, 09:36 PM
It's only strictly worse than direct damage if you're only looking at potential damage over time. In the beta build, peacekeeper's stab does heavy attack damage while being much more difficult to defend against. In the case of risk vs reward or speed of execution, it's strictly better than PK's instant damage options.

Already nerfed. It does 1/3 of the damage it did before.

theromanticswb
02-13-2017, 09:37 PM
If you tap the block button to the right when they push rb it will block the attack.

That's a bug, confirmed by devs and will be fixed.

You should NEVER be able to block a confirm in a fighting game otherwise, it wouldn't be a confirm.

Sirrkas
02-13-2017, 09:38 PM
tell me how you can block the triple stab after the guard break please

Here, I tested it with a friend. You can block them. Sometimes even the first stab (that part didnīt happen in the video).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tydz6gip2b4

xXl Plan B lXx
02-13-2017, 10:01 PM
Here is some advice. Don't get hit by the poison and that won't happen. This to me is like saying when the Conqueror winds up and hits me it does too much damage it should do it over time ... The game's pretty simple. If you know you've been poisoned and you're going to lose then you should probably amp your game up and win it before you die.

As for your comment regarding "Honor" you were beat fairly and you're crying about it. Who really has no honor?