PDA

View Full Version : Just some Twitch obeservations

The_Quieter
02-13-2017, 04:42 PM
And please save the "Well so and so was..." type responses, I saw them too.

Some classes were severely underrepresented in many game modes and if you happen to play one of those classes, that gets a bit worrisome.

Searching Twitch streams, in my language among others, was more of the same. At one point 9 of the top 10 streams were playing Peacekeeper. I have a lot more time to watch Twitch than to actually play games due to how my job works so I watched quite a bit of For Honor streams, but it was a real struggle to find people playing my particular class.

For you see I'm under the likely impression that I'm not all that good, maybe average at best, so one looks for streams to learn from... But you really start to wonder even more when you can barely find anyone to learn from.

TheMalakith
02-13-2017, 05:07 PM
What class do you play?

The_Quieter
02-13-2017, 05:21 PM
What class do you play?

Why does it matter?

xXl Plan B lXx
02-13-2017, 05:24 PM
It's kind of difficult to post twitch / youtube videos of the class you play if you don't say what you're looking for.

I ran twitch streams of the Nobushi. My son ran them of the Warden. My friend ran them for the Conqueror. My other friend ran them for the Kensei. What are you looking for exactly?

Why does it matter?

theromanticswb
02-13-2017, 05:29 PM
And please save the "Well so and so was..." type responses, I saw them too.

Some classes were severely underrepresented in many game modes and if you happen to play one of those classes, that gets a bit worrisome.

Searching Twitch streams, in my language among others, was more of the same. At one point 9 of the top 10 streams were playing Peacekeeper. I have a lot more time to watch Twitch than to actually play games due to how my job works so I watched quite a bit of For Honor streams, but it was a real struggle to find people playing my particular class.

For you see I'm under the likely impression that I'm not all that good, maybe average at best, so one looks for streams to learn from... But you really start to wonder even more when you can barely find anyone to learn from.

Here you go bud.

This guy Tru3Ta1ent is a really nice guy and good streamer. He's Polish, streams in English. He's a very high level fighting game player that was in top rankings for SF4 and also plays MKX etc... He can show you how to play a character.

He does 1 character per day until he's done all the characters. He calls it "In the Lab with .... whatever character" and puts it on YT as well. He figures out all the intricacies of a character and then takes it to practice in 1v1's.

www.twitch.tv/tru3ta1ent and https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHklDPNc9WZFUY0jaZNdcFQ

Here's a good example of one of his In the Lab vids. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J89wqoEaAEg <-- Warden

So far he has In the Lab video up for, Orochi, Berserker, Conqueror, and Warden. When the game drops, he's doing a 12 hour stream tomorrow and continuing the lab work with uploads to YT. He will eventually have all of them there.

Good luck man!

TTVPappusGaming
02-13-2017, 06:01 PM
Here you go bud.

This guy Tru3Ta1ent is a really nice guy and good streamer. He's Polish, streams in English. He's a very high level fighting game player that was in top rankings for SF4 and also plays MKX etc... He can show you how to play a character.

He does 1 character per day until he's done all the characters. He calls it "In the Lab with .... whatever character" and puts it on YT as well. He figures out all the intricacies of a character and then takes it to practice in 1v1's.

www.twitch.tv/tru3ta1ent and https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHklDPNc9WZFUY0jaZNdcFQ

Here's a good example of one of his In the Lab vids. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J89wqoEaAEg <-- Warden

So far he has In the Lab video up for, Orochi, Berserker, Conqueror, and Warden. When the game drops, he's doing a 12 hour stream tomorrow and continuing the lab work with uploads to YT. He will eventually have all of them there.

Good luck man!

True is definitely above average, but not highly skilled. Also you are contradicting yourself without noticing. You can't find all (pretty much not a single one actually) intricacies of a character within a day. Not even close. What he shows are the basic characters. Like the bread and butter stuff.

Nibs.
02-13-2017, 06:13 PM
He's Polish

No he's not, he's just a northerner, that's how they talk.

Darkius-Mori
02-13-2017, 06:50 PM
It's also normal that some classes are better tooled than others at some game modes.

Conquerors for Dominion for example, Nobushis with Elimination, and assassins for duels.

But you can still win decently with all classes in all game modes. For example there are some top conquerors in 2v2 brawl leaderboards, and a good berserker can defend and attack points like crazy as well as long as he doesn't get cornered (because of the back spin attack and feats).

Don't worry, all classes will get to be played, and you'll see soon a transition on what's considered the "crazy" or overused classes.

I predict Kensei, Conq, and Berserker will be the new most looked at heroes after some time. I may be wrong, but it just looks like they take longer to figure out. Peacekeeper is like playing witcher. Dodge attack, dodge don't attack, bait, dodge attack... It's quite instinctive, stylish and you can rack kills easily because people haven't learnt to defend yet, so in some way so no surprise there.

TheMalakith
02-13-2017, 07:55 PM
Why does it matter?

What? You say you struggle to find streamers play your particular class, so I'm asking what class you're playing.

The_Quieter
02-13-2017, 08:39 PM
What? You say you struggle to find streamers play your particular class, so I'm asking what class you're playing.

I meant no offense and still don't, but the reason I asked why it matters is because I did not do a mere simple search over a short period of time. I had 5-6+ hours a day to look around while I was doing other work. I know the major stream that played my class, few as there were. I've seen all the youtube videos as well. The real point was the dramatic under representation some classes had and how difficult it was to find them to learn from.

Plus when you say "I play X" you invite people to come in and start preaching about how either the class is totally fine and has no problems, which may be totally true but it's beside the point and not helpful, or you get the saltier souls who want to come in and cry about "get good", when I already said I wasn't that good and the real point was... class representation on twitch.

TheMalakith
02-13-2017, 08:50 PM
I meant no offense and still don't, but the reason I asked why it matters is because I did not do a mere simple search over a short period of time. I had 5-6+ hours a day to look around while I was doing other work. I know the major stream that played my class, few as there were. I've seen all the youtube videos as well. The real point was the dramatic under representation some classes had and how difficult it was to find them to learn from.

Plus when you say "I play X" you invite people to come in and start preaching about how either the class is totally fine and has no problems, which may be totally true but it's beside the point and not helpful, or you get the saltier souls who want to come in and cry about "get good", when I already said I wasn't that good and the real point was... class representation on twitch.

Could be, but it's still interesting to know as i might know smaller/ lesser known channels by chance that show gameplay, as for the other people reading your post. I was trying to help and that comment came off a bit rude imo.

Anyway, if you don't wish to tell us it's also good. I do agree with the rest of your post though, you usually stuble on only 2-3 of all the classes in the game. I think that show's who are genrally the best or easiest to play.

DemeDesu
02-13-2017, 08:54 PM
i streamed the beta for around 10 hours per day playing a mix of all heroes but then again i'm just a small streamer so.

The_Quieter
02-13-2017, 09:51 PM
Could be, but it's still interesting to know as i might know smaller/ lesser known channels by chance that show gameplay, as for the other people reading your post. I was trying to help and that comment came off a bit rude imo.

Anyway, if you don't wish to tell us it's also good. I do agree with the rest of your post though, you usually stuble on only 2-3 of all the classes in the game. I think that show's who are genrally the best or easiest to play.

Like I said, at one point 9 out of 10 of the top streams in terms of numbers were Peacekeepers. Feels bad man.

Then it becomes a perpetuating cycle of 'well nobody plays my class, it must suck, I'll switch to the one everyone plays'