PDA

View Full Version : Toxic Community!

PackingMoney
02-13-2017, 10:41 AM
Love this game (and the community within the game for the most part, even made a few friends), however the forums are full of toxic people. For example, all of the knights were *****ing that they wouldn't get the win but now they have they are all acting high and mighty. (I am also a knight and I think I am the only one not being so negative to everyone else about it). I also have received some a lot of hate messages through using PK, apparently I am a scrub despite winning 9/10 duels I play. I was also told from an xbox message that I deserve to get cancer from playing PK, this was because I beat him 3-1 in a close game.

My overall point is that why do you think the community is like this?

CrestfallenNito
02-13-2017, 10:42 AM
Internet anonymity. Also,
http://i.imgur.com/jYVbRxZ.jpg

davedxd
02-13-2017, 10:57 AM
I guess you are new to this..have some fun at steam forums..

lowkey_wana_die
02-13-2017, 10:58 AM
welcome to the internet, everything is toxic.
it's beautiful.

DBLxxShotz
02-13-2017, 11:04 AM
Love this game (and the community within the game for the most part, even made a few friends), however the forums are full of toxic people. For example, all of the knights were *****ing that they wouldn't get the win but now they have they are all acting high and mighty. (I am also a knight and I think I am the only one not being so negative to everyone else about it). I also have received some a lot of hate messages through using PK, apparently I am a scrub despite winning 9/10 duels I play. I was also told from an xbox message that I deserve to get cancer from playing PK, this was because I beat him 3-1 in a close game.

As a long time player of a game like fight night this is nothing new. When you go one on one with people and you beat them they have no one to blame but themselves as there are no teammates to pin their losses on. playing one on one in anything makes you look in the mirror and some people dont like and cant handle what they see. They have delusions of grandeur that come crashing down when you beat them and their little egos cant take it so they lash out. When i started playing fight night online like 10 years ago it really opened my eyes to how nasty many people are in the gaming community. I know longer play with a headset unless im with friends and when i get messages i dont bother reading i simply block and delete.

Orisoll
02-13-2017, 11:09 AM
I've gotten used to it.
"I hope everyone you love gets cancer and dies a sudden excruciating death and you never get a chance to say goodbye," is basically the same as, "gg wp," for me at this point.

DrExtrem
02-13-2017, 11:21 AM
Well. I am working in the toxic waste disposal department of my company and I have seen some really toxic compounds in my life.

... But the internet and gaming forums in the era of "competitive gaming" and "twitch streaming" showed me, that my line of work is like drinking decaf.

davedxd
02-13-2017, 11:23 AM
I'm lmao with these comment's, srsly ahahaha

Brave_Thunder
02-13-2017, 11:49 AM
Nothing new.People can't handle to be beaten in 1v1 and instead of try to find their mistakes they simply blame the other one.It can happen to be frustrated of course,it happens also to me when I face a good berserker/conq,but hate mail means that you're totally tilted.It's one of the raisons why I main pk:many cry when you have more attack speed than that have,and when they fail at counter Gb or simply block your attacks they go mad.Just answer the hate mail with a giant,lovely git gud.

milkman2500
02-13-2017, 07:56 PM
I've owned an xbox for a few months. My first message was from a random player after a match in this game. I couldn't believe someone took the effort to message me just to talk **** after I killed them a few times. I would be very interested to know the population breakdown by age for this game. I assume there are a lot of younger kids playing and raging away after dying in PVP. I hope the mature rating keeps a few of them away, but given the sad state of parenting today, I doubt it.

AveImperator85
02-13-2017, 07:58 PM
Welcome to PvP

GNASHSAMA
02-13-2017, 07:58 PM

I had full confidence that the Knights would win the faction war. Which is why I chose them at the start and devoted my time to deploying War Assets and winning every fight that came my way. I haven't yet mastered the art of the 1v4 though.

Vakris_One
02-13-2017, 08:05 PM
I've gotten used to it.
"I hope everyone you love gets cancer and dies a sudden excruciating death and you never get a chance to say goodbye," is basically the same as, "gg wp," for me at this point.
Yup, I'm pretty much like...

http://www.troll.me/images/spongebob-face/i-love-you-too.jpg

It's funnier that way :D

OGL Spade
02-13-2017, 08:12 PM
Everytime someone messages me for killing them constantly in games I just thank them for the complement. The message I get the most is people calling me a hacker, guess I'm very good at games when they think i'm hacking.

GNASHSAMA
02-13-2017, 08:19 PM
>Looking at World Map
>Goes to 4v4 Elimination
> Five minutes pass
>Finally loads into game.
>Wins first round with 4 takedowns
> Person dueling me turns tail and starts running
>Has sprint speed gear
>Runs him down and starts slashing him in the back.
>Orochi i'm facing finally dies and gives up on running.
>Doesn't execute intentionally.
>MY entire team dies
>Entire team is still up, comes to revive person I killed
>1v4, revives orochi
> locks on to raider with slowest attacks
>constantly dodges attacks and blocks everything
>they all start attacking at the same time
>holds them off for a few seconds
>Revenge mode
>knocks them all down
>kills two
>one disengages
>revives both downed teammates
>1v4 again
>revenge mode again
>kills 2 again
>they revive again
>calls in catapult strike
>kills all four of them and dodge rolls out of the blast
>Wow!
>Wow!
>Wow!
>Wow!
>Wow!
>Wow!
>Wow!
>Wow!

Sirrkas
02-13-2017, 08:32 PM
Most online communities become toxic. League of Legends is one of the most popular games to date and it has one of the most toxic communities I have ever seen, much worse than the Ubisoft forums. The internet gives people courage because they don't actually need to face the person the message or talk to, just have to be the bigger person.

To be honest, all competitive games seem to be equally toxic, with more toxicity in ranked ladders. In League my team is usually pretty nice, probably because I donīt provoke them with blaming and donīt answer to stuff like "you noob support". As long as no one answers to those comments, they usually stop flaming pretty fast. Just the opponents get toxic from time to time, but I canīt see their teamchat, so it might be only the case if they flamed each other before they went into allchat.

But so far in for honor the people were not that salty so far. And even the times someone was complaining about others (for example having to fight 3vs1 in deathmatch) it was a huge laugh in teamspeak. One of those situations was a deathmatch. We were leading 2-1 and all of us won our duels and just our zerker was still fighting a conquerer. I got there as peacekeeper and just watched, how our zerker slowly chopped through his lifebar. Then our conquerer charged in and threw him to the ground. I was like "meh, who cares", pressed 3 and killed him with the crossbow. All were laughing in teamspeak, it was clear he couldnīt have won that game alone anyway, but his complain about us being "pussies" just made us laugh more.

ShiroHyo
02-13-2017, 08:37 PM
I I hope the mature rating keeps a few of them away, but given the sad state of parenting today, I doubt it.

As if 18+ kids are any less toxic. The most toxic are exactly these, young pretentious adults full of themselves always with a bigger ego than balls.

MagicElmo
02-13-2017, 08:53 PM
Well we're living in a world now, where even government leaders believe they can be toxic (and not just talking about the obvious elephant in the room here). ;)

Seems like toxicity is part of every PvP game these days. :nonchalance:

Afius
02-13-2017, 08:57 PM
I've ran into toxic players on all games of all ages. From a 13yr old on R6S to a 35yr old on overwatch. I had a funny 2v2 match on this game. It was pvp and I was stuck with a bot. We played like 5 matches First 2 I got demolished with the bot. 3rd match I managed to win through knocking off my opponent and ganging up because my bot was trash and unreliable. So after I won I received a message from one of my opponents raging because I won once claiming I was trash and yada yada yada. The 2 following rounds I beat them without ganking or pushing off the edge. In which my other opponent messaged me complimenting my improvement. In which I replied stating what a great challenge it was to fight him. Amazing how you can get 2 very different responses from 2 people working together. Sorry for rant just wanted to share.

Braegulfer
02-13-2017, 08:59 PM
I've only ever been on a few boards (never the "official" boards) for a game that aren't toxic.

As for in-game...in my first duel in cb (1on1) the dude I played was so rude, arrogant, and condescending that I turned off all communication/chat functions immediately and haven't looked back.

MrClownE
02-13-2017, 08:59 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/755600865352974336/xVZHpYg1.jpg

Brave_Thunder
02-14-2017, 12:04 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/755600865352974336/xVZHpYg1.jpg

I started to play only in open beta but...why knights are associated to the Crusades?The warden looks like a knight of that time,but there is some confirm about this or the "Deus vult" thing is just a motto created by the community?

Vulgorn
02-14-2017, 12:06 AM
I started to play only in open beta but...why knights are associated to the Crusades?The warden looks like a knight of that time,but there is some confirm about this or the "Deus vult" thing is just a motto created by the community?

I'm pretty sure at least one of the Knight heroes says it.

I've also seen Ubisoft use it in promotional material regarding Knights.

teksuo1
02-14-2017, 12:08 AM
this is the least toxic community i've been "a part of" in a long time.

a little faction pride here and there, a little tears bucket reference here and there... shouldn't be considered toxic imo.

Noellessa2016
02-14-2017, 12:24 AM
Just out of curiosity, how are you all getting messaged? Via your actual mail on console or something? I play Overwatch a lot and have never gotten messaged by anyone, and in all of beta for For Honor also never got one. In fact, I never saw anyone ever communicate using anything other than the in game things like "Good Fight" and "Resurrection needed at 'X'". Maybe b/c I'm on PS4?

Xb1MasterNoctis
02-14-2017, 12:25 AM

I know it's hard to make friends when you kill them and win 5 games in row.

Xb1MasterNoctis
02-14-2017, 12:26 AM
As if 18+ kids are any less toxic. The most toxic are exactly these, young pretentious adults full of themselves always with a bigger ego than balls.

Well i'm sick of having 16 years screaming in the mic calling me **** after i beaten there *** 10 games in row.

Brave_Thunder
02-14-2017, 12:32 AM
Just out of curiosity, how are you all getting messaged? Via your actual mail on console or something? I play Overwatch a lot and have never gotten messaged by anyone, and in all of beta for For Honor also never got one. In fact, I never saw anyone ever communicate using anything other than the in game things like "Good Fight" and "Resurrection needed at 'X'". Maybe b/c I'm on PS4?

Via message on ps4.Try to play widow or bastion in ow and you'll get plenty of mail.Sadly hate mail,tho.

Grimnar9
02-14-2017, 12:35 AM
lol. all pvp forums are toxic. blame the participation ribbon, everybody grows up believing they are awesome at everything and when they get beat 1v1, either you're a cheater or their character is underpowered, yours is OP, or some aspect of the game "needs fixing" seen it countless times.

Imp-C-Bravo
02-14-2017, 12:55 AM
I would not say the community is especially toxic. Same as ANY other gaming community -- guess what...there are jerks and know-it-alls everywhere. Especially on the internet because anonymity makes otherwise normal or somewhat demur people overcompensate with the whole lack of consequence thing.

If anything -- I'd say the whole duel thing promotes a bit of outreach simply by way of people wanting other skilled players to challenge them.

Noellessa2016
02-14-2017, 02:41 PM
Via message on ps4.Try to play widow or bastion in ow and you'll get plenty of mail.Sadly hate mail,tho.

Ah, yep I usually 'main' either Tracer or Mercy in OW. In FH I'll be using Nobushi as my 'main' so hope I stay message free ^_^

Ubi-Gaidheal
02-14-2017, 02:47 PM
I'm afraid I don't see this going anywhere particularly constructive, so I'll just close the thread.