PDA

View Full Version : The game has yet to release and...

Rithuamh
02-13-2017, 10:09 AM
The community is already devolving into a cess pool over this faction war debacle. ****ing pack it in, all of you. This behavior is beneath us. This incessant ridiculing of one another, often provoked only by mentioning what had happened at the end the beta, is not conducive to anything good.

Lots of love,

Rithuamh

davedxd
02-13-2017, 10:11 AM
Agree, DEUS VULT , get over it.

Rithuamh
02-13-2017, 10:15 AM
Daved, you're sending mixed signals. Do you agree, or do you want to perpetuate toxicity in the community. It feels like the latter.

davedxd
02-13-2017, 10:26 AM
I really agree, but one of the good things about winning is make fun of the other factions, at the end its just a game, you enjoy while you can, there will always be a different winner ( I hope so, but wouldn't mind winning all the time)..

CrestfallenNito
02-13-2017, 10:27 AM
http://i.imgur.com/jYVbRxZ.jpg

SethUnleashed
02-13-2017, 10:37 AM
i love how everyone calls the vikings "bad loser" when EVERY knight posting here is being a "bad winner" ...

Rithuamh
02-13-2017, 10:37 AM
Daved, I see what you're saying. Boasting is all well and good, but look at the context. Now really isn't the time for that.

Numbah1, refrain from further proding the vikings. This is a genuine plea for some civility here. So that we're a functional community that gets along and has a good time. This is not the time or the place to boast, and in doing so provoke more negativity.

Rithuamh
02-13-2017, 10:39 AM
Seth, I wholeheartedly concur. Both sides are much too hot-headed, at the moment.

CrestfallenNito
02-13-2017, 10:43 AM
Daved, I see what you're saying. Boasting is all well and good, but look at the context. Now really isn't the time for that.

Numbah1, refrain from further proding the vikings. This is a genuine plea for some civility here. So that we're a functional community that gets along and has a good time. This is not the time or the place to boast, and in doing so provoke more negativity.

But making fun of (presumably) grown adults for whining like spoiled children is fun :(

davedxd
02-13-2017, 10:49 AM
Well, if I don't mind losing, why don't you all? Have you ever played world of warcraft back then, when choosing horde or alliance meant something for the community, if you were talking with a friend from a different faction the taunting, bragging and things like that were real, I think it adds more immersion, your faction actually matters to you..it's fun this way..

Rithuamh
02-13-2017, 10:57 AM
Numbah1, that statement makes it seem like you percieve yourself as being better than them. I think you're just as childish as a member of the viking clan indiscriminately raging at the opposing faction for losing. And who are you to judge? Everyone is passionate about something. Many players who are passionate about this game feel like they were denied the chance to win.

Whether or not you believe that to be the case or not, it still doesn't change the fact that you're exacerbating our current dilemma. Inflaming the problem so that it consumes all of us. How's that right? People just wanna have a good time, man. Jest as you will about how mocking is fun, I doubt you honestly relish making people feel bad. Especially when their mood is already sour.

Rithuamh
02-13-2017, 11:02 AM
Daved, again I see what you're saying. I doubt the viking's are upset because they lost. It's probably more because they feel like it was unwarranted. As though the rug was pulled out from under them.

And some people are competitive, man. When they are into something they are into it. And if they miss out on something, in this case some emblem thing, that'll hurt 'em. Boasting just rubs salt in the wound and causes general unpleasantness to ensue. If your friends relish taunting one another, cool, but don't expect a stranger to welcome that. Especially if they are the aforementioned passionate fan.

davedxd
02-13-2017, 11:09 AM
Many players who are passionate about this game feel like they were denied the chance to win.

Whether or not you believe

Ok, this is not about "believing" or "feeling like", the end time for the beta was set before it started, if the beta lasted till one more war update, other factions could have won, but that was not the case, if the war was gonna end at some point, it doesn't matter what territories a faction could have lost or won, think of it as it wasn't showing you the next update possible changes..again, get over it..do you get mad at people spamming emotes at the end of every match too?

davedxd
02-13-2017, 11:12 AM
If your friends relish taunting one another, cool, but don't expect a stranger to welcome that. Especially if they are the aforementioned passionate fan.

My friends welcome that, strangers just have to accept it.."crying" is not gonna get you anywhere, there will be seasonal rewards in this game, you will have to accept that you lost some of the rewards..

CrestfallenNito
02-13-2017, 11:13 AM
Numbah1, that statement makes it seem like you percieve yourself as being better than them. I think you're just as childish as a member of the viking clan indiscriminately raging at the opposing faction for losing. And who are you to judge? Everyone is passionate about something. Many players who are passionate about this game feel like they were denied the chance to win.

Whether or not you believe that to be the case or not, it still doesn't change the fact that you're exacerbating our current dilemma. Inflaming the problem so that it consumes all of us. How's that right? People just wanna have a good time, man. Jest as you will about how mocking is fun, I doubt you honestly relish making people feel bad. Especially when their mood is already sour.

Oh I will happily acknowledge that I'm being just as petty and childish as they are. The difference is that they're angry, and I'm laughing.

I feel I should mention that I doubt I'm actually making anyone "feel bad", I really hope there's nobody that cares THAT much about this stupid little faction wars argument. I'm having fun by poking fun, and stoking the fires just makes them burn out faster

Boudusei
02-13-2017, 11:19 AM
So basically a long story made short...Deus Vult!
But yeah the Vikings are being silly lol

J4NT5A
02-13-2017, 11:24 AM
I dont even understand why people are crying over emblems? They look so bad in my opinion.

I would only be pissed if this was a faction war of the full game and for an example there comes an emergency maintenance break during the final turn on the season and they wouldn't count the last turn.

Biocoast
02-13-2017, 11:48 AM
i love how everyone calls the vikings "bad loser" when EVERY knight posting here is being a "bad winner" ...

Likely because Vikings rubbed it in very well after CB, and now there are some that want to return the favor... Not saying it is the right or a good thing, but quit feeding them.

Quarie_
02-13-2017, 12:44 PM
I'm a Viking and i just wanna say to my fellow vikings that, Stop ****ing whining about who should have won or how childish the knights are for taunting us with their win etc etc. When the real vikings lost a war they trained, prepared and smashed their heads against stone to be ready for the next war. Not ****ing sending bottlemail or something to the knights saying that they were lucky and cheated and what not.

If you gonna be a viking you need to start behave like one

davedxd
02-13-2017, 12:53 PM
I'm a Viking and i just wanna say to my fellow vikings that, Stop ****ing whining about who should have won or how childish the knights are for taunting us with their win etc etc. When the real vikings lost a war they trained, prepared and smashed their heads against stone to be ready for the next war. Not ****ing sending bottlemail or something to the knights saying that they were lucky and cheated and what not.

Well said mah boy

Rithuamh
02-13-2017, 06:02 PM
A lot of you are still missing my point. Further aggravating people isn't productive. You're not contributing anything by doing it.

Daved, sure people are guaranteed to miss out on season rewards. There is no avoiding it and getting so flustered because of it doesn't make much sense, but neither does your reaction to those who become that flustered. I agree, missing out on an emblem is pretty negligible. I didn't even know there was a season reward for the beta before this, nor did I really care. Regardless, nothing is achieved by aggravating others intentionally. It incites hostility, warding away people new to the community and veterans alike. Also, no. I ****ing love emoting at the end of matches. Especially the conquerers little "HUR-RAH" emote. And even in defeat, it can be fun to watch the enemy teams celebrating.

Numbah1, your analogy doesn't further your point. By definition stoking entails the fueling of a flame. You're making this unnecessary anger burn longer and brighter. And you underestimate how wearing being around this incessant bickering can be. I want to participate in community conversations and contribute my ideas, but I am lose interest in engaging in a community when everyone is at each other's throats over something silly.

Rithuamh
02-13-2017, 06:05 PM

I feel like everyone should take this to heart. In victory, rejoice. In defeat, composure and dedication to coming out on top next time around.

RoosterIlluzion
02-13-2017, 06:07 PM
Perhaps Ubisoft can change the name to "For Shame."

WOR-Hunter
02-13-2017, 06:07 PM
I like the idea. It's suppose to be this way. People are suppose to be pissed. Their anger will drive them to do better next time.

Competition = Disappointment and fuels hatred

For Honor is very competitive.

AveImperator85
02-13-2017, 06:09 PM
I like the idea. It's suppose to be this way. People are suppose to be pissed. Their anger will drive them to do better next time.

That's not how society has evolved, though, sadly. We live in the generation of participation trophies and "feel good" morality. If you lose at something, it MUST be because the other side cheated, right? Right?

(To clarify, this is satire. If you want to win, EARN IT. Participation trophies are for the weak)

Brunn_MgAmadd
02-13-2017, 06:18 PM
I really dont understand whats all the fuss about.
Who won the beta is just an afterthought, no will care as soon as the 1st season begins...
Thats the real prize, winning a full season not a short beta.
so sharpen your axes viking boys because my poleaxe is already razor sharp ;)

RatedChaotic
02-13-2017, 06:28 PM
I love the hatred. It makes this game that much more awesome.

TucuReborn
02-13-2017, 06:38 PM
To be honest, I think the Vikings kind of deserve it.

I watched the forums after the beta ended, and there was a mixed bag of who won. Vikings of course were in the asset lead due to the 5% starting bonus, and knights had the most territory at the end point. Both sides were metaphorically drinking in their victory, but the vikings sent a message of "suck it up, we won" on a lot of knight posts.

When the knights were declared the winners, the vikings went from belittling the knights for "losing" to... belittling the knights for winning?

I call it karma they're getting mocked for behaving like whiny brats.

Rithuamh
02-13-2017, 06:47 PM
To be honest, I think the Vikings kind of deserve it.

I watched the forums after the beta ended, and there was a mixed bag of who won. Vikings of course were in the asset lead due to the 5% starting bonus, and knights had the most territory at the end point. Both sides were metaphorically drinking in their victory, but the vikings sent a message of "suck it up, we won" on a lot of knight posts.

When the knights were declared the winners, the vikings went from belittling the knights for "losing" to... belittling the knights for winning?

I call it karma they're getting mocked for behaving like whiny brats.

Maybe so, but again, this achieves nothing. Revenge is a beast which begets nothing, and consumes itself. As long as everyone has the mind set of getting back at the last season's winning faction this beta ordeal will be a regular thing.

davedxd
02-13-2017, 07:07 PM

THIS AND

I love the hatred. It makes this game that much more awesome.

THIS, its part of the game and what it represents, gotta love the hatred and show that your faction means something to you, its part of the fun, Vanilla WoW feelingz..

Rithuamh
02-13-2017, 07:18 PM
THIS AND

THIS, its part of the game and what it represents, gotta love the hatred and show that your faction means something to you, its part of the fun, Vanilla WoW feelingz..

Friendly rivalry appeals more to me than bitter brawling.

Ex__Machina
02-13-2017, 07:20 PM
The community is already devolving into a cess pool over this faction war debacle. ****ing pack it in, all of you. This behavior is beneath us. This incessant ridiculing of one another, often provoked only by mentioning what had happened at the end the beta, is not conducive to anything good.

The fact of the matter is that the beta ended prematurely. Do with that what you will, so long as it doesn't spark impotent rage from ANY of you.

Lots of love,

Rithuamh

it was a thoughtful comment until the bit about ending prematurely..

how was it premature? it ended the same time as the closed beta did

davedxd
02-13-2017, 07:28 PM
Friendly rivalry appeals more to me than bitter brawling.

friendly reivalry can't be taken seriously, no one cares enough about your faction until honor/pride/shame/hate is in game, and everyone should be thankful for this kind of experience offered by this game, of course you are not gonna trash talk and **** on your friends face just cause they are from a different faction..what you are seeing here in the forums is just vikings showing ''bad losers'' attitude..

davedxd
02-13-2017, 07:30 PM
The "hate" is just childish, some insults in good fun (weebs heathens, tin cans) is one thing, but the reaction of some Vikings (not all of course) is pathetic, who get so angry for a game, for one emblem even?

Saying the people "should get pissed", throwing the word "hate" like this, without having any idea what it actually means ... I don't even know what to say, its just wrong in so many ways.

its an in game thing, like roleplaying..no one actually hates people from other factions like ''if i see you in front of me i will bash your skull in and drink from your blood''

Rithuamh
02-13-2017, 07:52 PM
it was a thoughtful comment until the bit about ending prematurely..

how was it premature? it ended the same time as the closed beta did The more I post in these forums the less sure I am that it did end prematurely. I was under the impression that the beta ended sooner than it was stated that it would. Perhaps I should edit that bit out so it doesn't detract from the plea for civility, especially since I am not certain it is a valid statement.

Ex__Machina
02-13-2017, 07:54 PM
The more I post in these forums the less sure I am that it did end prematurely. I was under the impression that the beta ended sooner than it was stated that it would. Perhaps I should edit that bit out so it doesn't detract from the plea for civility, especially since I am not certain it is a valid statement.

agreed! it fuels the fire in the thread and detracts from the important bit

Rithuamh
02-13-2017, 08:01 PM
agreed! it fuels the fire in the thread and detracts from the important bit
AND BY MY WILL THE STATEMENT WAS UNDONE! Hope it helps achieve my end goal of fostering a healthy community.

MagicElmo
02-13-2017, 08:08 PM
Actually, the For Honor community isn't even that bad (seen worse).
Pretty normal for a gaming community these days (sadly).

As for me, bad winners are as bad as bad losers.
Ignoring them is the way to go really. Well works best for me at least.

x_KingSolomon_x
02-13-2017, 08:12 PM

Considering the turn was designed poorly with the beta time frame. Had the score Bennett looked at properly.

The turn ended. But what was not accounted for was the territory gained and lost at that time. Ridiculous.

Reaper_Sykko
02-13-2017, 08:13 PM
they should have never started the faction war befor the release , or if they really needed to test it at least just dont make it count , either way i dont care cause im a knight.