PDA

View Full Version : My beta observations and what should be looked at.

TheMalakith
02-13-2017, 09:49 AM
Heya, been playing both the Beta's a lot and i've come across some things that don't seem right and intentional. Please let me know if you've noticed the same. Some are only AI related, but those i will specify.

1. Hitting trough block.
I've had multiple times where i've been blocking, lets say the left side, and an enemy does a swing there with a normal attack for it to just hit me without my character actually blocking it. I can't really explain why it does that. This happens with attacks that should be blockable.

2. Block direction not changing.
For some reason it doesn't want to change the block direction at all. I play with the mouse and it should just respond. I've put up the sencitivity but this didn't help, it just gets stuck on the stance it's in.

3. Dodging.
Not sure if this is intended, but at times i just dodge and they miss me, while at others his character suddenly moves with me and hits me trough my dodge. I've noticed my enemies got hit by me because of the same issue. Secondly, when someone corners himself and tries to dodge to the wall my blade just ignore te enemy even though it connects on my screen. This is because they have a little window where they can't be hit but the attacker shouldnt be punished by the defenders poor placement. With dodge ROLL you even get pushed away from the enemy in your attack when this happens by some invinsible force in this situation. I doubt that's intentional.

4. Guard break counter.
This one is very incosistant against both players and AI. Sometimes it breaks it even though you were way to late, and other times it just doesnt do a single thing even though you mashed it at the right timing. It was worse in the closed Beta but it's still present. It's really frustrating when you get thrown off a cliff or hit because your break counter just didn't respond.

5. AI unbalance.
When you do an match against AI it seems like the teams are sometimes very unbalanced. I did a match of elemination today where my whole team died without a single kill every time. I got 10 in the 3 rounds and still lost because i got ganged by them after my team died. My guess is that my team is a group of level 2 bots while the enemy group are level 3 bots. This simply ain't fun.

And a small opinion i wanted to share on revenge.
The knockdown really needs to go when you activate it. When i'm outnumbered i can simply block a few attacks, time this thing right so they fall down and 1-2 shot the enemy with a heavy overhead. This is way to cheese for a competitive game.

Lastly, the Elimination game mode.
This mode shouldnt have revive enabled. Or capped at 1-2 revives max. I was in a match where my team died and had to face 3 foes. I trew them off and killed them multiple times (with some luck) but they just kept reviving eachother time and time again. You can't execute them like that so you might as not even fight back at such stage. The powerups are also a bit cheese if you ask me. We already have our feats to use, people can just run at the start and get a second health bar or more damage. It doesn't add anything but frustration if you ask me.

CrestfallenNito
02-13-2017, 09:57 AM
1. Were you playing the Berseker, Orochi, or Peacekeeper at the time? This might be me saying the equivalent of "did you try turning it off and on again" but their guards only last a few seconds so you have to manually block every attack.

2. I used a controller so I dunno. Input delay perhaps?

3. You have to time your dodges properly, otherwise the other player will track on to you. I've never had a situation where I had somebody in a corner and they had invicibility frames while dodging.

4. The timing is pretty small to counter guard break. I'd like it if it was just a tiny bit bigger.

5. Just unlucky I guess *shrug*

For revenge, I kinda like how it is. It gives you a chance in a 1v2, where otherwise you would be completely screwed. It could probably stand to be tweaked a bit but I'm not really sure how to do that.

And finally I personally hate elimination. It encourages fighting in the filthiest ways possible, the only way to beat a team that sprints for the buffs and runs full speed revive is with another team that sprints away for buffs and runs full sped revive. I'm sticking to other game modes

TheMalakith
02-13-2017, 10:12 AM
1. Were you playing the Berseker, Orochi, or Peacekeeper at the time? This might be me saying the equivalent of "did you try turning it off and on again" but their guards only last a few seconds so you have to manually block every attack.

2. I used a controller so I dunno. Input delay perhaps?

3. You have to time your dodges properly, otherwise the other player will track on to you. I've never had a situation where I had somebody in a corner and they had invicibility frames while dodging.

4. The timing is pretty small to counter guard break. I'd like it if it was just a tiny bit bigger.

5. Just unlucky I guess *shrug*

For revenge, I kinda like how it is. It gives you a chance in a 1v2, where otherwise you would be completely screwed. It could probably stand to be tweaked a bit but I'm not really sure how to do that.

And finally I personally hate elimination. It encourages fighting in the filthiest ways possible, the only way to beat a team that sprints for the buffs and runs full speed revive is with another team that sprints away for buffs and runs full sped revive. I'm sticking to other game modes

I Mained warden. It happens even though I was even blocking that direction already. My brother noticed the same thing with his char. It happened a hand full of times during the beta.

If its input delay than its really bad. It makes you feel really cheated if you lose because your character won't respond.

Try cornering a bot, you'll notice the same thing for sure. Especially the roll is really bad here.

A bit bigger would be good. It would also make up for the delay you have in online matches.

Don't think it's luck, it happens a lot. I can live with player matches not always being balanced, but this simply shouldn't happen in bot matches.

I think that would help to remove the knockback on activation with revenge. Anyone kan time that and it gives you a free heavy attack. And since it buffs your damage, you can hit 60% of someone's health in that hit. Let alone when people have higher level gear specced on damage.