PDA

View Full Version : Big issues and Problems that need to be solved

CrimsonWolf753
02-13-2017, 06:29 AM
I was lucky enough to get to play the closed beta, and I played the open beta. between the 2 I've put in around 40 hours.

The truth is that the learning curve for the game is very very long. The key is to know all movesets of all characters and think about counters for them. There are a lot of characters to learn and more are coming, which is good. More depth, and longevity for the game.

Problems with this game will take time to identify because very few people have truly mastered a character, if anyone at this point and few if anyone can play a given character to their full potential. It is just too early in the game.

I'm very happy with this, that the game rewards practice, skill, and strategy, and there is an answer for every attack and playstyle from what I've seen so far.

However, I believe I've come across a few issues.

TRACKING STRIKES - usually happens when in close and trying to dodge, I don't know if it is intentional and it means the dodge was too early/late but sometimes I feel like I've timed the dodge correctly and I get hit.
My biggest issue with this is the WARLORD'S HEADBUTT. I'm not saying it's OP, but the only viable option here is a dodge or if you preemptively light strike and get lucky.
I would say to just learn the opponent's moveset, but in this case, the headbutt can come at anytime not just in certain combo's.
If the tracking is a bug or an unintentional game mechanic, then it should be fixed, if not then the timing just has to be perfect then. Which is fine, but I think that no attacks should track your opponent's dodge. Once it is sent out it is on that track or swing route that it is on, not honing in on a dodging opponent, it makes the dodge useless.

This problem is amplified when the connection is poor. In the closed beta there were less connective issues, maybe I just got lucky, maybe it's because there were less people. I don't know.

In the open beta the connection was not very good. THIS GAME REWARDS ERROR WITH DEATH. THERE IS NO ROOM FOR CONNECTIVE ISSUES. MISTIMING A BLOCK OR PARRY OR DODGE OR NOT BEING ABLE TO TIME A COMBO CORRECTLY IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LIFE AND DEATH.

THIS GAME WILL SUFFER IF THIS IS NOT RESOLVED.

THE POTENTIAL OF THE GAME IS VERY HIGH IF EXECUTED PROPERLY.

WE PUT IN THE TIME AND MONEY TO ENJOY A GREAT GAME. TO COMPETE/VENT/HAVE FUN ETC ETC. TO LEARN ALL THE SKILLS AND MOVESETS ONLY TO BE REWARDED WITH DEATH/LOSS BECAUSE THE CONNECTION IS POOR IS UNACCEPTABLE.

I understand. There will be lag. But inability to join groups, blocks/parries not registering, combos not registering, teleporting opponents, difficulty starting group matches, friends getting kicked, getting kicked from games, are all happening very frequently. More often than I've ever seen before in a game.This will murder the game. IT WOULD BE A HUGE SHAME THAT THE GAME WILL GET DESTROYED BY SOMETHING LIKE CONNECTION ISSUES. MANY PLAY TO PLAY IN GROUPS. Obviously there are lone wolves out there.
For game types like dominion, elimination or even 2v2. A team strategy and communication is vital, and will make for some interesting matchups in high level play(when we get there), instead of everyone lonewolfing without a strategy.

It might be like this because it's a beta? and not the full game? I don't know.

EVERYONE IS SCREAMING FOR DEDICATED SERVERS OR A RESOLUTION TO THIS. IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

The game itself is great, and has much to build on for a second game. It has potential to become a great and successful series. It would be a shame if it dies here, because of something as petty as connection. All the effort, and work, designing, attention to detail, testing, money on advertising all thrown away because of connection issues.