PDA

View Full Version : When People Say I Have No Skill...

TucuReborn
02-13-2017, 06:20 AM
I laugh.

Mostly applies to 1v1 since that's my main mode.

If I am the one with no skill, why didn't you make me have to do more than one combo the entire match? Maybe actually learn the combo and counter it?

Why weren't you the one throwing me off the cliff? If you know it's there, use it. If not, that's on you.

Why didn't you use less predictable Guard Breaks?

Why did you let yourself be backed into a corner?

Why did you put your back to the fire/ledge when you know I am good at Guard Breaks?

Why didn't you counter break me?

Why did you spam attacks until you ran out of stamina?

Don't blame me for not needing to put effort into killing you.

Don't blame me for you not paying attention.

Don't blame me for your mistakes.

Don't blame me for punishing your mistakes.

I hate saying "git gud", but really, if you make a mistake you need to learn from it instead of blaming others.

And yeah, I started not being good. I also took time to understand why I died and realized most of my complaints were my own failures.

Instead of complaining about your death being "no skill", maybe try and understand why you died. It lets you keep your dignity and improve.

To be honest I actually do laugh at the people who say something I do is "no skill". If it takes so little skill, make me use more. Of course I'm going to use as little effort as I need to in order to kill you. If I can trash you with the basic combo, maybe you need more skill.

And one last thing. If you complain about something being "no skill", use it yourself. If it takes so little skill to win and dominate you, maybe you should actually use it instead of what you lost as. This is just a simple concept of effectiveness, nothing more.

TL;DR Anyone who says something is "no skill" needs to look in the mirror and understand why they got beat before throwing out insults.

Eleanor-Ripley
02-13-2017, 06:28 AM
I like this. Exactly my thoughts aswell.

HeadCollecter14
02-13-2017, 06:31 AM
This had me cracking up. Love roasting people effortlessly.

Damonrodes
02-13-2017, 06:34 AM
Alot of moves take no skill, the skill is required to counter them. That is the difference between an average player and a great player. If someone is doing the same moves over and over in a best out of 5 duel and you can't figure out a way to counter, you fall into the average catagory. When you learn to punish this over and over OP move set, you can consider yourself a good player.

TucuReborn
02-13-2017, 06:49 AM
I think it's funny people with no skill are the ones who throw "no skill" out as an insult. Very ironic indeed.

@ Damonrodes Agreed. However, if I require only one move to beat you, it isn't necessarily a lack of skill on my part. Perhaps it is an easy combo, but if I am able to defeat my enemy without needing to use my full extent, why would I bother? If they lack the skill to overcome a single combo, why do I need to switch tactics? I've had more than a few games where people do in fact know how to counter my basic combos, and do so. In those cases I will switch things around and fight in different ways, but if I can land a high damage combo reliably and they never adapt, it's not on me to stop using it; it's on them to learn. If they learn, they are worth me switching tactics. If not, I am going to stick with the most effective tactic available, which in some cases is a single, high damage combo.

Tillo.
02-13-2017, 06:51 AM
Excelent post. You just forgot to add the crying bunch asking for nerfs and shouting that everything is OP.

CrimsonWolf753
02-13-2017, 06:56 AM
if you make a mistake you need to learn from it instead of blaming others.

And yeah, I started not being good. I also took time to understand why I died and realized most of my complaints were my own failures.

Instead of complaining about your death being "no skill", maybe try and understand why you died. It lets you keep your dignity and improve.

TL;DR Anyone who says something is "no skill" needs to look in the mirror and understand why they got beat before throwing out insults.

I agree 100%
Very well put.

It's a vice that many have. They don't self improve they just blame and start forum threads saying everything that killed them is OP.

TucuReborn
02-13-2017, 06:59 AM
Excelent post. You just forgot to add the crying bunch asking for nerfs and shouting that everything is OP.

I can't believe some of the things people call OP in this game. I can somewhat understand the dislike for PK, but I have serious respect for the good ones.

But really, calling things like Warden OP?

The only thing I may even remotely call OP are some of the Feats, which they have access to as well.

As someone once said, "All's fair in love and war", even if I personally respect 1v1 situations save execution. I ain't letting you get health back.

Damonrodes
02-13-2017, 07:00 AM
I think it's funny people with no skill are the ones who throw "no skill" out as an insult. Very ironic indeed.

@ Damonrodes Agreed. However, if I require only one move to beat you, it isn't necessarily a lack of skill on my part. Perhaps it is an easy combo, but if I am able to defeat my enemy without needing to use my full extent, why would I bother? If they lack the skill to overcome a single combo, why do I need to switch tactics? I've had more than a few games where people do in fact know how to counter my basic combos, and do so. In those cases I will switch things around and fight in different ways, but if I can land a high damage combo reliably and they never adapt, it's not on me to stop using it; it's on them to learn. If they learn, they are worth me switching tactics. If not, I am going to stick with the most effective tactic available, which in some cases is a single, high damage combo.

I agree, I'm not says someone who uses 1-2 combos to win has no skill. The point I was trying to make is, if your not willing to adapt to you opponents moves, your probably the one who lacks skill. If you can do the same thing over and over to beat someone and they aren't willing to change, that's a tactic to win. If they adapt and start to come back, changing the tactic and fooling them with faints/parries/dodges/different combos/zone attacks, that's where you show your skill.

TucuReborn
02-13-2017, 07:06 AM
I agree, I'm not says someone who uses 1-2 combos to win has no skill. The point I was trying to make is, if your not willing to adapt to you opponents moves, your probably the one who lacks skill. If you can do the same thing over and over to beat someone and they aren't willing to change, that's a tactic to win. If they adapt and start to come back, changing the tactic and fooling them with faints/parries/dodges/different combos/zone attacks, that's where you show your skill.

Can't agree more. I'm by no means a god, but they have to make me have to change before I will. "If it works, don't try to fix it"; right?

Damonrodes
02-13-2017, 07:28 AM
The one good thing is it does highlight combos that are op.. for instance the orochi van go from storm rush into an unstoppable combo chain that takes like half your health because you can never get your guard up throughout it.

If your getting hit by storm rush, your not noticing a trend. Storm rush will always hit from the side his sword is on when he jumps back. Only way storm rush should effect you is when they faint the attack and guard break you. High level pvp, most have abandoned that move. It's to predictable and doesn't work, even the faint to guard break takes enough time for you to notice and counter.

Orisoll
02-13-2017, 07:42 AM
At first guard breaks can be frustrating because it seems like you need superhuman reaction times to get the counter off in time, but it's just a case of learning the stimuli. There's glowing blue effect, a flashing red indicator, a sound effect, and an animation. Go into advanced practice and drill the response into your neurons.

Focus on the sound effect -- your brain is faster to react to noises than it is to visuals. On top of that, read the situation. If you're near a cliff or some other environmental hazard, get ready to counter a guard break. If you ever run into a character or technique that seems OP, take the stoic approach and learn to counter it before complaining. And be ready for the stonking great *****s that would rather 'roast' you to boost their own e-peens than take a second to explain whatever it is you're having trouble with.

BOT..Salty
02-13-2017, 03:34 PM
Thinking you're so good in a p2p game:)))))))))))))))))) Those are some big wings there bro, careful with the Sun though Icarus. Guardbreak doesn't work all the time, especially due to connectivity issues. And since GB is the only OP thing in this game, besides the undodgeable charges, that's a game changer. Cuz GB throw off the cliff is gg. Even if the other person is spamming GB as well, the game has it's flaws. So stop prancing around thinking you're so good. Let me guess, you're playing PK.
Sorry to kill your enthusiasm.

TucuReborn
02-13-2017, 05:31 PM
Thinking you're so good in a p2p game:)))))))))))))))))) Those are some big wings there bro, careful with the Sun though Icarus. Guardbreak doesn't work all the time, especially due to connectivity issues. And since GB is the only OP thing in this game, besides the undodgeable charges, that's a game changer. Cuz GB throw off the cliff is gg. Even if the other person is spamming GB as well, the game has it's flaws. So stop prancing around thinking you're so good. Let me guess, you're playing PK.
Sorry to kill your enthusiasm.

Actually, no, I don't think I'm great. My 70% winrate with my secondary shows I am at the least above the norm though. And I can't play PK for my life. I tried in bots once, but not my playstyle. The thing is, from my little play of them I gained a lot of respect for the skill they require simply to not die like a tiny speck. And if you can't dodge a charge, that's on you. If I can't that's on me. They are able to be dodged though, and I have done it. I'm really not sure what your post is even about other than insulting me, but let me explain this again. I'm not amazing, but people who say things are "no skill" tend to be ones who need to get better. The difference between me and them is that I accept my defeat and look at how I died, and how to avoid it, instead of saying "No skill", "OP", or whatever the insult may be.