PDA

View Full Version : Faction war winners!

T_Djinn_T
02-13-2017, 06:16 AM
Technical Test - Last round counted - Vikings winning before and after - Congrats Vikings
Closed Beta - Last round counted - Vikings winning before and after - Congrats Vikings

(Twitter)
For Honor Verified account
‏@ForHonorGame

Only one hour left to play the Open Beta. Play for free now to help your side win the War of the Factions! #ForHonor

Open Beta - Last round didn't count - Knights winning before Vikings winning after - Congrats Vikings... Wait... They say keep fighting because it counts. And don't count it. But did for every previous iteration... Well congrats Knights on being given a victory by the devs. You "almost" earned it. Sorry vikings your 3-0 w/l in the faction war gets you nothing!

TL;DR Samurai where you at? (I see a bunch of Viking tears but you were winning the entire beta until it mattered...)

Lord-Arion
02-13-2017, 06:22 AM
Can't fault them for not counting a 2hr turn. The problem with that is that the leading faction starts with a massive turn disadvantage to give the other factions a leg up in getting back in the fight to keep the faction war balanced. This deficit isn't something that can be overcome super quickly, especially when you have to hold 8 territories with that disadvantage. With only 2hrs there simply wasn't enough time in the turn for the knights to apply enough resources to beat the turn start disadvantage. So counting that last 2hr turn would have been wrong since vikings would have been fed a win due to being in last with massive turn start advantage out of the gate. Both knights and samurai with only 2hrs would not have been able to overcome that start advantage the vikings had. That is why the knights making that push for the lead gave them the win.

Deus Vult!

teksuo1
02-13-2017, 06:25 AM
as a knight, i honestly didn't care about winning this. TBH i didn't think the knights even stood a chance considering most known streamers went with vikings/samurais.

I'm really glad we won now that i realize how much tears this brings. I'll proudly wear my emblem of power golden frame forever.

so shiny :rolleyes:

Lord-Arion
02-13-2017, 06:31 AM
So will I, I'm proud of my brother and sister knights for pulling off the epic comeback, especially after being kicked down to 9 territories. Factions are going to have to learn to not attack and just play D when they are in the lead.

fetusdirt
02-13-2017, 06:32 AM
I Think the first post in this thread sums up my exact thoughts i have been talking about this on here since i seen the result, cause i literally logged in to try and help us after that post went up LUL SO I GOT REKD.

thewalkingkane
02-13-2017, 07:27 AM
The biggest issue I have with all of this is that the developers gave misconceptions on two accounts:

1) Explaining that the determining factor in the Faction Warfare Beta was total war assets, and players specifically played to that end. If they had said "most territories wins", then the Vikings may very well have adopted a strategy for that gameplay. The rules were explicitly stated and players played the game accordingly, expecting certain outcomes. The fact that there was no fine print, parenthesis, or addendum to add on hot-button counter arguments like, "Well Vikings got a 5% bonus" is contrary to that logic; the fact was that there was no disclaimer stating "UNLESS" or "IF", it simply said "most war assets = win", plain as day.

The removal of that criteria from the website and the fact that the results are clearly contrary to that logic suggests either bias/favoritism or poor elaboration on intended mechanics. Neither of which is an acceptable justification when prizes and bragging rights in a tournament-esque style environment are on the line.

2) The blatant misconception that any play within the last hour/two hours would have any effect whatsoever on the results. The developers had to have known that the beta was going to end mid-round AT LEAST up until the point they made the declaration that there was an hour left to play, and to expressly ignore results despite claims of the play being measurable, recorded criteria in the determination of a victor borders on bait-and-switch. One could argue that the developers should have accomodated for this eventuality, but even if we are to assume that they -DIDN'T- know that the beta would end mid-round they should have considered the implications of it before calling a victor and then explained their decision.

Both of these situations make for a very bitter taste to deal with on their own, but that players have to deal with both on top of the other factions rubbing in the loss by technicality is, for lack of better wording, totally ****ed. However, what worries me most is the implications and precedence that this sets for the -actual- game and whether or not we can expect technicalities such as these when the game goes live.

Frankly, that makes me really worried about my investment in the $100 edition of this game.

The_Quieter
02-13-2017, 01:49 PM
I thought it went by who was in the lead the longest.

I mean think about it, it's bound to come down to the last couple of rounds in Live as well, if one faction is consistently dominating for months at a time then another faction happens to pull out some wins at the last minute?

Then again, if they did it that way the other factions would just give up and not care in the last months.

SirCorrino
02-13-2017, 01:53 PM

I mean think about it, it's bound to come down to the last couple of rounds in Live as well, if one faction is consistently dominating for months at a time then another faction happens to pull out some wins at the last minute?

Then again, if they did it that way the other factions would just give up and not care in the last months.

If that was the case the Samurai would have won. They were in the lead for 9/15 turns. The Vikings had 4/15 and the Knights 2/15. So by most metrics Knights were the least deserving of the win.

Sirrkas
02-13-2017, 01:53 PM

Every season will have several rounds. Winning one round by luck, will not ensure victory in that season.

awolcz
02-13-2017, 01:58 PM
as a knight, i honestly didn't care about winning this. TBH i didn't think the knights even stood a chance considering most known streamers went with vikings/samurais.

I'm really glad we won now that i realize how much tears this brings. I'll proudly wear my emblem of power golden frame forever.

so shiny :rolleyes:

Exactly :-D I absolutely did not care about some faction war, but since I see how those Viking babies cry, I'm glad we won and I'm so proud of having that nice golden frame.

T_Djinn_T
02-13-2017, 02:21 PM
If that was the case the Samurai would have won. They were in the lead for 9/15 turns. The Vikings had 4/15 and the Knights 2/15. So by most metrics Knights were the least deserving of the win.

So samurai actually were there? Well sheet! I never see them in the faction war. They're just kind of off in their corner.

MathiasCB
02-13-2017, 03:05 PM
As a Knight I'm willing to let you clean the Viking blood off my gold frame and give it a good polish once a week, if you are good.
Does that help at all?

Most of your posts has been fueling the fire, not a good thing.

On a different note, the only blood that will be washed off is that of your own. :o

davedxd
02-13-2017, 03:32 PM
As a Knight I'm willing to let you clean the Viking blood off my gold frame and give it a good polish once a week, if you are good.
Does that help at all?

im willing to let you vikings clean up my golden emblem too, with your own tears, new product , vikings get a discounthttps://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/2a/c6/f9/2ac6f902820e0e767eec2fe169beb4ee.jpg

The_Quieter
02-13-2017, 04:35 PM

Oh I don't doubt that. I'm just speculating on how it would work if it was 'who was ahead most' vs 'who was ahead at the end'. Perhaps they should have a reward unique to each system.

Every season will have several rounds. Winning one round by luck, will not ensure victory in that season.

Fair enough but the point stands, winning because you all logged in and went full try hard on last turn.

T_Djinn_T
02-13-2017, 04:39 PM
Fair enough but the point stands, winning because you all logged in and went full try hard on last turn.

The downside there is they're now showing you can put 0 effort in and just win with only 1 turn.

So being in the lead at any point is useless unless you're in the lead on the very last turn. Doesn't seem like a well thought out system.

I do like the "In the lead the longest" or "Most assets deployed" personally.

NukeOfficial_
02-13-2017, 04:43 PM
Every Viking after Closed Beta:
FeelsGoodMan

Every Knight after Open Beta:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdhF4O54YjU&feature=youtu.be&t=7s

Tamel_Eidek
02-13-2017, 06:08 PM
Ubisoft can go jump in a river. Winning all 3 events and putting huge amounts of effort into the final hours of the beta with a team of like-minded individuals means we get nothing? Absolute ********.

NukeOfficial_
02-13-2017, 06:10 PM
Ubisoft can go jump in a river. Winning all 3 events and putting huge amounts of effort into the final hours of the beta with a team of like-minded individuals means we get nothing? Absolute ********.

Also putting effort in the closed Beta just to be pushed on the same level as the losers of the Faction War. 100% ripoff

Norsewarrior88
02-13-2017, 06:29 PM
Yes we Viking warriors may have lost the battle but not the war! Congrats to all the knights it was a great victory from the bottom you rised onto the top of the mountain. But we Sons of Odin only see this as a mere challenge, we will come back and we will have our revenge! See you all upon the battlefield tomorrow. Sharpen your blades because you might just run into one certain Berserker.

GNASHSAMA
02-13-2017, 06:42 PM
Technical Test - Last round counted - Vikings winning before and after - Congrats Vikings
Closed Beta - Last round counted - Vikings winning before and after - Congrats Vikings

(Twitter)
‏@ForHonorGame

Only one hour left to play the Open Beta. Play for free now to help your side win the War of the Factions! #ForHonor

Open Beta - Last round didn't count - Knights winning before Vikings winning after - Congrats Vikings... Wait... They say keep fighting because it counts. And don't count it. But did for every previous iteration... Well congrats Knights on being given a victory by the devs. You "almost" earned it. Sorry vikings your 3-0 w/l in the faction war gets you nothing!

TL;DR Samurai where you at?

The beta was being closed at a predetermined time. If you controlled the most territories at the end and the knights had +9 territories you'd claim a win and you wouldn't even be on these forums complaining about what is and what happened in the past.

Accept your loss and get over it.

If you can't wipe your tears and move past a single defeat, then enjoy your consolation prize (https://twitter.com/UbisoftClub/status/829726309517578240).

GNASHSAMA
02-13-2017, 06:55 PM
The downside there is they're now showing you can put 0 effort in and just win with only 1 turn.

So being in the lead at any point is useless unless you're in the lead on the very last turn. Doesn't seem like a well thought out system.

I do like the "In the lead the longest" or "Most assets deployed" personally.

Where Order has broken down.
Where Cruelty and Lawlessness rule.
Lawbringers are Justice.

We go Wherever we are needed, and we come prepared.
Our armor has no equal.
It's construction, a secret of our order.
We carry the most versatile weapon ever invented -- the poleaxe.

Pray you do not need us.
When we arrive...
Pray you have done no wrong.

MathiasCB
02-13-2017, 08:07 PM
Not really, everything I have posted is light hearted and easily taken as a gentle joke by anyone who has retained a sense of humour.

Everyone does not share your humour. Since some people clearly is upset about the current situation, rubbing things in their faces with your 'light hearted' jokes doesn't help in the slightest.

YappysDaBeast
02-13-2017, 08:16 PM
The last Really turn ended at 9PM GMT. Beta ended at 10 PM GMT.
Knights won fair and square. Vikings wanted a win for playing 1 out of 6 hours of the turn? SALTY VIKINGS!

MathiasCB
02-13-2017, 08:33 PM
The knights were clearly upset about losing the closed beta but you didn't see us posting a wave of forum threads saying the vikings stole the victory.

It was quite a different situation though. I agree that there's been unecessary whining but you can't really compare the two rounds as a few things was different. A lot of the people that are upset is because they expected somehting and something else happened. Me, I opened a cold beer thinking Vikings had won, as i expected things to be like the last test, having the map updated hours after the test. We didn't win, beer was still delicious though. ;)

A lot of people are being mistaken for crying about the fact that the knights won, when they're actually feeling robbed thanks to a few things. One example being that they told people to give it their all in the end when in reality it didn't even matter, they should have just declared the winner straight off.

If we look bakc at the CB, there's not really anything the knights oculd have been upset about in a similar way. Sure, losing sucks. But back then, reality was that there was no way to come back since the vikings had 32 territories. Ubi gave hope to people in the OBT, false hope.

Braegulfer
02-13-2017, 08:36 PM
Knights won fair and square. Vikings wanted a win for playing 1 out of 6 hours of the turn? SALTY VIKINGS!

The issue is not wanting to win for just a bit of a round but two-fold
1. The devs tweeted that our final efforts would make a difference, but they didn't
2. Only the last round counts? Wha?!?! Samurai had that whole war....

However, playing devil's advocate I can see why only counting the last round would create some incentive for the least successful faction (whatever it ends up being) to continue to try to add assets since having the outcome determined in the first 48 hrs of a round would be disheartening.

The real reason for the "[salt]" is the erroneous tweet by the devs and the increasingly obviousness of a not too well thought out faction war system.

I'm cool however it turns out, I just wanna hack stuff to tiny bits. I am jut pointing out that there is an actual, factual reason for people to be salty--I'm not one of them, but I understand.

ReReminiscence
02-13-2017, 08:47 PM
My only issue I have is the lack of communication by ubisoft on this. I mean their community is split atm and many agree that the faction war system is inherently broken. Here we sit with no input from the devs, data from them proving other wise. It juts kinda is a ****y situation. They want the basis of dlc and the seasons to have an impact on the growth and development of the game when not many have faith in the current system. We have player graphs showing a blatant correlation in time zones and player population hitting peaks at different times for when each faction has their push.

Sam hold the nights and morning
Knights push late morning early afternoon
Vikings push in the evening

It was like this in OBT, CBT, TT no real deviation from this pattern.
You can also say it is based on the loser having asset bonuses, so that is when they push. Well, the Knights pushed after they were losing and had a bonus .Than the Vikings did the same thing at the end. Who is right? If the servers open at midnight and the data doesn't deviate from the established pattern does this mean samurai will win the rounds on the "last turn." Should the last turn and second to last turn be the only ones that matter the entirety of 14 days of fighting? If we look at the chats Samurai consistently hold more territory in every test.

One tweet said you had an hour left to support your faction.
Space elephant said the winner would be seen after the final turn was over
There was ZERO communication that the last full round would be the last one that mattered.- This is why people are salty. Chuckin the fac tubisoft just deleted threads and doesn't actually talk to us about it they are just ignoring the problem. [ the fact it is being ignored is my major problem]zero communication prior to the FINAL round for ubisoft saying hey this is the last round that counts that kinda matters guys. Haveing a win be based on hindsight is asinine

There needs to be dev communication about the faction war before it is relevant to game impact and flow. It shouldn't be too much to ask for consistency and communication it is the two major things gamers ask for.

NukeOfficial_
02-13-2017, 08:47 PM

17 + 7 #NeverForget #TheNorthRemembers

Braegulfer
02-13-2017, 08:49 PM
My only issue I have is the lack of communication by ubisoft on this. I mean their community is split atm and many agree that the faction war system is inherently broken. Here we sit with no input from the devs, data from them proving other wise. It juts kinda is a ****y situation. They want the basis of dlc and the seasons to have an impact on the growth and development of the game when not many have faith in the current system. We have player graphs showing a blatant correlation in time zones and player population hitting peaks at different times for when each faction has their push.

You can also say it is based on the loser having asset bonuses, so that is when they push. Well, the Knights pushed after they were losing and had a bonus . Than the Vikings did the same thing at the end. Who is right? If the servers open at midnight and the data doesn't deviate from the established pattern does this mean samurai will win the rounds on the "last turn." Should the last turn and second to last turn be the only ones that matter the entirety of 14 days of fighting? If we look at the chats Samurai consistently hold more territory in every test.

There needs to be dev communication about the faction war before it is relevant to game impact and flow. It shouldn't be too much to ask for consistency and communication it is the two major things gamers ask for.

I totally agree, something has to be done to fix this, otherwise it behooves the leading (or dominant) faction to just stop playing for one or two round previous to the final round so they can garner the bonus and make a push with it.

NukeOfficial_
02-13-2017, 08:51 PM

You can also say it is based on the loser having asset bonuses, so that is when they push. Well, the Knights pushed after they were losing and had a bonus . Than the Vikings did the same thing at the end. Who is right? If the servers open at midnight and the data doesn't deviate from the established pattern does this mean samurai will win the rounds on the "last turn." Should the last turn and second to last turn be the only ones that matter the entirety of 14 days of fighting? If we look at the chats Samurai consistently hold more territory in every test.

One tweet said you had an hour left to support your faction.
Space elephant said the winner would be seen after the final turn was over
There was ZERO communication that the last full round would be the last one that mattered.- This is why people are salty. Chuck in the fact ubisoft just deleted threads and doesn't actually talk to us about it they are just ignoring the problem. [ the fact it is being ignored is my major problem]

^

rn it's like the devs do stuff and then let the community figure everything out on their own (which obviously doesnt work, because there are too many people with more or less different opinions).
They say "yaya we read all the things so just keep posting to keep us informed" yet nothing changes....

Damonrodes
02-13-2017, 08:54 PM

(Twitter)
‏@ForHonorGame

TL;DR Samurai where you at?

They probably posted that tweet 2 hours before, it just had to make its way through peer to peer connections to make it out lol. Either way, boo hook, it's a digital emblem. If that's your biggest worry in the world right now, consider yourself lucky.

NukeOfficial_
02-13-2017, 08:55 PM
They probably posted that tweet 2 hours before, it just had to make its way through peer to peer connections to make it out lol. Either way, boo hook, it's a digital emblem. If that's your biggest worry in the world right now, consider yourself lucky.

It's by far not the biggest problem, but incosistency and lying shakes general trust in the Game (which has potential to get super big).

ReReminiscence
02-13-2017, 09:00 PM
that tweet was at 1:21pm PST an hour-ish before servers went down while the half turn was going.

Damonrodes
02-13-2017, 09:04 PM
that tweet was at 1:21pm PST an hour-ish before servers went down while the half turn was going.

Wow, I didn't think this JOKE would make it over anyone's head lol. It was simply making fun of their ****ty p2p connections.

T_Djinn_T
02-14-2017, 01:57 AM
Wow, I didn't think this JOKE would make it over anyone's head lol. It was simply making fun of their ****ty p2p connections.

Hey. I got it at least. xD

The kicker is here. The devs have commented on a few threads about knights winning, however refuse to comment on the tweet they sent out 40 minutes prior to the beta closing.

Imp-C-Bravo
02-14-2017, 03:59 AM
I didn't even go viking -- but I kinda think the knights didn't deserve that one. I mean -- congrats on the frame and all -- but yeah...kinda didn't earn it. Samurai, and sometimes Vikings, definitely did the heavy lifting here.