PDA

View Full Version : Unique observation?

T_Djinn_T
02-13-2017, 05:45 AM
Yes I only played this game for 5 minutes before you ask since you're going to assume this anyways. Ignore the next line of text since before reading the post you've already made a decision in your answer.
(Actual play time. 42hours first Closed beta 61hours Tech test 49hours 2nd closed beta 41hours open beta - W/L 90% or higher Duel [Constant disconnects count for 90% of my losses] 13KDA)

So in most P2P games a single player gets "host" advantage, however in this game an entire faction gets Dev advantage. Can you spot it? Lets dive in.

Knights: Have a one shot ability through feats as well as multiple ranged damage feats
Warden - Never been nerfed
Conqueror - Never been nerfed
Lawbringer - Was removed so Shogeki and Valkyrie could be nerfed
Peacekeeper - Never been nerfed

Vikings: Have some traps that don't do much and long winded animation for feats
Raider - Had damage and Zone attack speed nerfed
Warlord - Had head butt damage nerfed and full block stamina cost buffed
Berserker - Had attack speed and damage nerfed
Valkyrie - Was live for less than 5 minutes before receiving a nerf. Proceeded to receive two more nerfs within the same weekend. (Now anyone that played during this Tech Test can tell you. The Valkyrie was hard to handle for most players but wasn't OP. It was nerfed because people were crying on the forums. But with 80% of the forums being about nerfing Peace keeper they still won't touch them. On top of having a poll during the last two beta's [3 if they had one for this beta which I haven't seen,] in which Peace keeper was voted the #1 most Over powered class)

Samurai: Have a few traps and ranged attacks doing massive damage cannot OHKO at base
Kensei - Was nerfed (then buffed)
Shogeki - Was taken off line to be nerfed with Valkyrie
Nobushi - Was nerfed (Bleed damage/Attack speed)
Orochi - Was extremely nerfed then buffed

So what's this show? While the devs only play Knights (Mainly the Peace keeper) they're all too excited to nerf every other class in the game. But god forbid they attempt to balance the classes they play.

Warden - Zone attack - .8 second total attack time - Attack remains in the direction you were initially guarding until .2 seconds remain then switches to left (After parry timer was already flashing)

Peacekeeper - .45 seconds to attack. Average human reaction is 2.15 seconds (We'll round DOWN to 2 seconds for ease) Time it takes game to register block change .2-.25 seconds This means if your ping is 1-50 you MIGHT have a chance to block the attack AFTER it's started. But if your ping exceeds 50 .2+.2+.05=.45 You've now entered the exact amount of time it takes for them to start and finish their attack. This has been this way since the NDA Tech Test and they still haven't even attempted to address it. To block the PK you must guard in the direction they're going to attack BEFORE they attack. Only if they use a heavy attack .6seconds do you stand a chance at blocking off reaction or parrying. Adding to this they can spam dodge out of any attack and retaliate makes them the easiest class (and most unbalanced) in the game by far.

Conqueror - I'm sorry...

Lawbringer - Had vacuum charge that would suck you in no matter how far away you were as long as they were going in your direction and it proceeded to throw you at the end. No doubt they have no changed this in any way.

3/4 knights have obvious glaring issues with them. But they will not so much as touch them.

To add to this. Devs tweeted 3 different times about the "Faction" war saying fighting that last fight moments before the servers go down for those extra points matters.
Because IF they stayed true to their word the knights would have lost (god forbid the devs precious knights don't win) they abandoned what they had told every single player. And gave knights the win. Taking into account OVERALL war assets deployed. Vikings #1 Knights #2 Samurai #3 which is how it would have ended given (again) they stayed true to their words and their tweets.

Now I get this isn't the full game. And I get with Ubi's track record they would rather let a game die than take the time to listen to the community and attempt to fix a problem, but I don't know about the rest of you I find this as a unique observation that points to the dev's only playing or caring about the knights.

TL;DR
Devs play Knights won't balance any issue with them and will nerf every other class to the ground letting the game die before making any changes that could possibly hurt knights in any way (including faction war.)

zesilo
02-13-2017, 05:48 AM
Warden has been nerfed at least twice since Alpha (Shoulder bash was reworked not as strong of a combo). Peacekeeper was also nerfed recently from closed to open beta. Sorry just reading the start of your thread makes me skip a lot of it. Read up a bit more before making a bash post on the devs.

tcs1991.ts
02-13-2017, 05:52 AM
Yes I only played this game for 5 minutes before you ask since you're going to assume this anyways. Ignore the next line of text since before reading the post you've already made a decision in your answer.
(Actual play time. 42hours first Closed beta 61hours Tech test 49hours 2nd closed beta 41hours open beta - W/L 90% or higher Duel [Constant disconnects count for 90% of my losses] 13KDA)

So I'm well aware the Dev's only play peacekeeper and knights. And that's ok. That only contributes to this. So lets dive in.

Knights: Have a one shot ability through feats as well as multiple ranged damage feats
Warden - Never been nerfed
Conqueror - Never been nerfed
Lawbringer - Was removed so Shogeki and Valkyrie could be nerfed
Peacekeeper - Never been nerfed

Vikings: Have some traps that don't do much and long winded animation for feats
Raider - Had damage and Zone attack speed nerfed
Warlord - Had head butt damage nerfed and full block stamina cost buffed
Berserker - Had attack speed and damage nerfed
Valkyrie - Was live for less than 5 minutes before receiving a nerf. Proceeded to receive two more nerfs within the same weekend. (Now anyone that played during this Tech Test can tell you. The Valkyrie was hard to handle for most players but wasn't OP. It was nerfed because people were crying on the forums. But with 80% of the forums being about nerfing Peace keeper they still won't touch them. On top of having a poll during the last two beta's [3 if they had one for this beta which I haven't seen,] in which Peace keeper was voted the #1 most Over powered class)

Samurai: Have a few traps and ranged attacks doing massive damage cannot OHKO at base
Kensei - Was nerfed (then buffed)
Shogeki - Was taken off line to be nerfed with Valkyrie
Nobushi - Was nerfed (Bleed damage/Attack speed)
Orochi - Was extremely nerfed then buffed

So what's this show? While the devs only play Knights (Mainly the Peace keeper) they're all too excited to nerf every other class in the game. But god forbid they attempt to balance the classes they play.

Warden - Zone attack - .8 second total attack time - Attack remains in the direction you were initially guarding until .2 seconds remain then switches to left (After parry timer was already flashing)

Peacekeeper - .45 seconds to attack. Average human reaction is 2.13 seconds (We'll round DOWN to 2 seconds for ease) Time it takes game to register block change .2-.25 seconds This means if your ping is 1-50 you MIGHT have a chance to block the attack AFTER it's started. But if your ping exceeds 50 .2+.2+.05=.45 You've now entered the exact amount of time it takes for them to start and finish their attack. This has been this way since the NDA Tech Test and they still haven't even attempted to address it. To block the PK you must guard in the direction they're going to attack BEFORE they attack. Only if they use a heavy attack .6seconds do you stand a chance at blocking off reaction or parrying. Adding to this they can spam dodge out of any attack and retaliate makes them the easiest class (and most unbalanced) in the game by far.

Conqueror - I'm sorry...

Lawbringer - Had vacuum charge that would suck you in no matter how far away you were as long as they were going in your direction and it proceeded to throw you at the end. No doubt they have no changed this in any way.

3/4 knights have obvious glaring issues with them. But they will not so much as touch them.

To add to this. Devs tweeted 3 different times about the "Faction" war saying fighting that last fight moments before the servers go down for those extra points matters.
Because IF they stayed true to their word the knights would have lost (god forbid the devs precious knights don't win) they abandoned what they had told to every single player. And gave knights the win. Taking into account OVERALL war assets deployed. Vikings #1 Knights #2 Samurai #3 which is how it would have ended given (again) they stayed true to their words and their tweets.

Now I get this isn't the full game. And I get with Ubi's track record they would rather let a game die than take the time to listen to the community and attempt to fix a problem, but I don't know about the rest of you I find this as a unique observation that points to the dev's only playing or caring about the knights.

TL;DR
Devs play Knights won't balance any issue with them and will nerf every other class to the ground letting the game die before making any changes that could possibly hurt knights in any way (including faction war.)

Human reaction time varies depending on the stimuli. For visual stimuli it is closer to .25 seconds. You were waaaaaaaay off. This one detail calls all of your other made up numbers into contention. There for I say your post is wrong.

https://backyardbrains.com/experiments/reactiontime

T_Djinn_T
02-13-2017, 05:58 AM
Human reaction time varies depending on the stimuli. For visual stimuli it is closer to .25 seconds. You were waaaaaaaay off. This one detail calls all of your other made up numbers into contention. There for I say your post is wrong.

https://backyardbrains.com/experiments/reactiontime

Here it is! The average reaction time for humans is 0.25 seconds to a visual stimulus, 0.17 for an audio stimulus, and 0.15 seconds for a touch stimulus.

You're not wrong. But what pertains to this situation is

0.101 seconds is the current fastest reaction time recorded for human beings. The average reaction time of human beings is around .215 seconds. This is determined by the amount of time it takes for people to react when given the proper signal to click.

You're being given a signal to click. I'm sorry I put a 3 instead of a 5. I can change it for you.

teksuo1
02-13-2017, 05:59 AM
Knights=NA
Samurais=Asia
Vikings=EU

'MURICA

T_Djinn_T
02-13-2017, 06:02 AM
Warden has been nerfed at least twice since Alpha (Shoulder bash was reworked not as strong of a combo). Peacekeeper was also nerfed recently from closed to open beta. Sorry just reading the start of your thread makes me skip a lot of it. Read up a bit more before making a bash post on the devs.

The shoulder bash was reworked from being too fast to dodge to being able to feint and still being able to dodge with a reduced stamina cost. If you want I can change that from "Never been nerfed" (Which is still true) to "Was buffed" (Which is also true)
As far as the peacekeeper "Nerf" they didn't nerf anything that was relevant in any situation.

Zone Attack initial range reduced from 4,3m to 3,5m
Dagger Cancel now all deal 1 damage point on top of Bleed (Left stance Cancel used to be 0)

These are the only changes to the PK other than fixing a Teleport bug that wasn't exclusive to PK
The first one is a range nerf that doesn't actually effect her. The 2nd is actually a buff.

Even if you took her damage per attack down to 1 damage. You'd still win 99% of fights simply due to the lack of skill required to play her. But yes. I'll give you. The minute 0.01% nerf to the Peacekeeper was a nerf. So I guess I'm wrong on that account, but hey she got buffed at the same time.

HeadCollecter14
02-13-2017, 06:35 AM
I play Kensei and I haven't met a PM or a Warden that can touch me yet lmao. I thought game was fairly well rounded. Whoever is better on the sticks WILL win.

Ex__Machina
02-13-2017, 06:47 AM
jesus ****ing christ

legitimately lol'd at how much time/effort you have put into caring about winning in a video game

GoodOldSalty
02-13-2017, 07:21 AM
you think the dev are making Knights stronger cuz they only player them ?

wow, how old are you.

Vikko2
02-13-2017, 09:27 AM
I feel like claiming the devs only play knights is an unsupported claim and requires citation, and once that's done, then sure.

As for the Warden's zone attack, I don't really have an issue with it.
I'll admit that I play Warden, but there was one point that made me really believe that zone attack is fine the way it is and validated it for me.

Fought an Orochi who would literally deflect, parry, or guard break counter any attempts to get through his defense. You couldn't get past this guy. Would just keep walking into me with overhead and W held and waited for openings. I won the match relying on the zone attack and mixing up afterwards because it seemed that all they did was practice their reflexes and focused all their energy on that, while not defending their left. The attack was too fast for their extremely honed reaction time and allowed me to make use of their biggest weakness. Any attack I tried just led into a deflect counterattack immediately, and guard breaking was just countered each time, ending up a fruitless effort.

Afterwards, complained that the attack was too fast for him to react to, when it could only come from the left (his perspective). I couldn't get through him in any other way no matter what I tried, so I think if Warden's zone attack WAS tweaked, it would have to be extremely precise. Defending your left seems crucial when fighting a Warden, while attacks from top and right are slow enough to react to.

I feel that this is one of several reasons the zone attack exists the way that it does.

Piotrollo
02-13-2017, 10:33 AM
Knights=NA
Samurais=Asia
Vikings=EU

'MURICA

In what universe Knights are form NA ? , when in EU where Knights in NA thay didnt know how to start the fire :D

davedxd
02-13-2017, 10:36 AM
Tl;dr: I'm a chicken and can't get over getting my as whooped..

Orisoll
02-13-2017, 10:59 AM
I can confirm that everyone at Ubisoft plays Knights. In fact, I hear all of their employees wear bucket helmets to work and constantly go on about retaking the holy land. While laughing maniacally. In Latin.

I can also confirm that humans do have a two and a half second reaction time. When they're hammered drunk and laying face-down in a puddle of their own dinner.

T_Djinn_T
02-13-2017, 02:22 PM
In what universe Knights are form NA ? , when in EU where Knights in NA thay didnt know how to start the fire :D
I gotta agree with you.
Historically both Vikings and Knights come from EU don't they?

I'll give the guy Samurai = Asia

T_Djinn_T
02-14-2017, 01:59 AM
Tl;dr: I'm a chicken and can't get over getting my as whooped..

I'm not sure I follow...
High win % + 13 KDA = Getting *** whooped? Unless you're refering to the faction war in which the Knights were in last for every single turn from the start EXCEPT the one turn at the very end which the devs decided to cheat vikings out of the win. In which case ya got me. My *** got whooped.