PDA

View Full Version : Is it even possible to reach a stronghold in Faction War? What's the point?

RLTygurr
02-13-2017, 03:46 AM
At this point I have a decent knowledge of how the Faction War system works and I had a curiosity question. Is it even possible to reach a faction's stronghold? Since each faction that is not currently winning gets a free boost (5% I believe) to all adjacent territories, it is extremely difficult if not impossible to even reach a stronghold. You would have to focus everyone's efforts into attacking one faction in order to even get close. There's no way to have that kind of coordination in the current game, even with faction-specific Discord servers and forum groups.

And here's another thought, what would happen if you DID reach an enemy faction's stronghold? Is there a reward, or is it just some kind of invincible home base?

GNASHSAMA
02-13-2017, 03:48 AM
At this point I have a decent knowledge of how the Faction War system works and I had a curiosity question. Is it even possible to reach a faction's stronghold? Since each faction that is not currently winning gets a free boost (5% I believe) to all adjacent territories, it is extremely difficult if not impossible to even reach a stronghold. You would have to focus everyone's efforts into attacking one faction in order to even get close. There's no way to have that kind of coordination in the current game, even with faction-specific Discord servers and forum groups.

And here's another thought, what would happen if you DID reach an enemy faction's stronghold? Is there a reward, or is it just some kind of invincible home base?

I mean, if you went onto the statue it says 'Event'. It doesn't seem to have any ties to the 'global event order'.

RLTygurr
02-13-2017, 03:50 AM
That's exactly why I'm not sure if that's some special event that might happen eventually, or if it's supposed to be sort of like a link to the global event order if there is one.

WTWR_Zydrate
02-13-2017, 03:52 AM
Again, I need to point out that we had a 4 day sample over a... what? 15 day system? I forget the total. Not to mention seasons last two months, if I recall.

tcs1991.ts
02-13-2017, 03:54 AM
The point isn't to reach the statue. Just to have a majority at the end of the round.

RLTygurr
02-13-2017, 04:07 AM
The point isn't to reach the statue. Just to have a majority at the end of the round.

I fully understand that, but in the hypothetical situation that you do reach the statue, what happens then? Does Ubisoft just panic and wonder why their faction system doesn't add any value to the game?

WTWR_Zydrate
02-13-2017, 04:10 AM
There could be some kind of special event attached to a faction's based being reached.

FR4NCO
02-13-2017, 04:12 AM
yeah i really want to see what this event is all about.

RLTygurr
02-13-2017, 04:15 AM
I personally think it would be a very interesting concept. In my opinion, the Faction War is not really that impactful. People's choice of faction doesn't really matter a whole lot if the boosts to each losing faction each round make it nearly impossible to bounce back. Hence why the Samurai and the Vikings didn't absolutely destroy us Knights. We got free boosts every losing round and that made us win the next, then lose the next. The cycle never ends, so unless Ubi decides to get rid of that boost or make it less (2% maybe, instead of 5%) it will be nearly impossible for that event to ever happen.

What would you guys like to see as the event if that kind of thing happens? Just curious.

WTWR_Zydrate
02-13-2017, 04:16 AM
I personally think it would be a very interesting concept. In my opinion, the Faction War is not really that impactful. People's choice of faction doesn't really matter a whole lot if the boosts to each losing faction each round make it nearly impossible to bounce back. Hence why the Samurai and the Vikings didn't absolutely destroy us Knights. We got free boosts every losing round and that made us win the next, then lose the next. The cycle never ends, so unless Ubi decides to get rid of that boost or make it less (2% maybe, instead of 5%) it will be nearly impossible for that event to ever happen.

What would you guys like to see as the event if that kind of thing happens? Just curious.

I'm not going to pretend to know the math and all that nonsense. I'll just do what I can.

whovie
02-13-2017, 04:44 AM
I cant see it happening, unless they change the thing you'll only see the back forth you have in both betas. Always decided by the round before last. I'd really like them to change it because it would be cool to see the event or just fill the map risk style.

Vixerus
02-13-2017, 04:44 AM
I have no clue, spitballing here. IF or even if you do reach it and successfully take down that factions stronghold, it's possible however very unlikely it could result in a season knock out.

I'm just spitting words, I have no idea honestly. I personally think it would take a well coordinated effort to reach someones main stronghold.

Like a HUGE community effort.

XxKILLASEEDxX
02-13-2017, 04:45 AM
I'm sure there is something very interesting tied into this factional warfare thing, Ubi's just getting all our mouths watering with anticipation, possibly even looking for a few good ideas to implement as well, so be constructive!

I would love if when u reached the stronghold it opened up a new gameplay mode, something like a Rush BF4 mode where u take multiple points in order to storm the castle. Suggestions for another thread maybe!

MagicElmo
02-13-2017, 04:51 AM
I can't see that happening even if it would be possible.

With the current system it's the less territories you have the easier it is to defend them (less territories to deploy war assets to).
Unlike real nations, where losing land leads to losing men and resources and getting weaker, this doesn't happen in For Honor.
Pretty much the same amount of players, no matter how many territories you own.

WTWR_Zydrate
02-13-2017, 04:54 AM
I have no clue, spitballing here. IF or even if you do reach it and successfully take down that factions stronghold, it's possible however very unlikely it could result in a season knock out.

I'm just spitting words, I have no idea honestly. I personally think it would take a well coordinated effort to reach someones main stronghold.

Like a HUGE community effort.

I'd accept a season KO but leave room for people to actually fight/represent their faction. It'd be kind of ****ty if you logged in and saw "Oh your faction is out. Come back in a week to play again".

XxKILLASEEDxX
02-13-2017, 04:58 AM
I can't see that happening even if it would be possible.

With the current system it's the less territories you have the easier it is to defend them (less territories to deploy war assets to).
Unlike real nations, where losing land leads to losing men and resources and getting weaker, this doesn't happen in For Honor.
Pretty much the same amount of players, no matter how many territories you own.

This is very true, but would make for sore losers flipping sides all the time like pancakes