PDA

View Full Version : Knight win??? SHAME!

FR4NCO
02-13-2017, 01:26 AM
So let me get this straight...
So in the closed beta when the vikings had a huge lead and the closed beta ended they let the last round play out so other teams had a chance....but now their gonna switch it up and not do that so the vikings don't win again.... SHAME on u ubisoft.

Shame.....Shame....Shame.

Vikings:17+7(24), Samurais: 18+1(19) Knights: 25-8 (17)

update: vikings cheated out of their win
http://m.imgur.com/AN9Ugfy?r
enough said...they have now removed this from their website...SHAME!

GNASHSAMA
02-13-2017, 01:30 AM
So in the closed beta when the vikings had a huge lead and the closed beta ended they let the last round play out so other teams had a chance....but now their gonna switch it up and not do that so the vikings don't win again.... SHAME on u ubisoft.

How about this.

The Knights gained the most territories by the end of the last round and there was still 4 hours remaining during a 6 hour round when the beta closed. Get over it.

erico360
02-13-2017, 01:34 AM
http://i.imgur.com/PDB1Wsu.jpg

GNASHSAMA
02-13-2017, 01:36 AM
Yeah, keep blaming UBI for the Vikings and Samurai getting complacent at the last second.

TCTF_SWAT
02-13-2017, 01:37 AM
Well the beta ended 3 hours earlier then in the closed beta...so....there's that.

FR4NCO
02-13-2017, 01:38 AM
just goes to show you the kind of people that play for the knights.....lol SHAME!

FR4NCO
02-13-2017, 01:39 AM
Exhibit A

https://i.imgsafe.org/0fdd76711f.jpg

Now bow before the glory of the Knights and cry into our bottomless gold framed bucket of Viking tears.

its ok everyone gets a trophy on ur team. SHAME!

GNASHSAMA
02-13-2017, 01:42 AM
just goes to show you the kind of people that play for the knights.....lol SHAME!

Enough talk, fight us again when the full-game releases and we will once more show you the might of the Generals of the Iron Legion.

AWorldofPain54
02-13-2017, 01:48 AM
The knights won bc they are better then the button masher samuri and the big dumb vikings!

APXIIII
02-13-2017, 02:23 AM
http://i.giphy.com/l41YedIbenuBH6ljO.gif

erico360
02-13-2017, 02:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KAGwNtI26w

Vengeful.Soul
02-13-2017, 02:35 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4f9xUpUYAAk-LN.jpg:large

Not sure why people constantly ignore the Samurai's effort throughout the beta. During the Open Beta, the Samurai were dominating during the first 3 days and well into the last day when you go by the average number of territories controlled. (Which you can clearly see in the picture) The Knights would then be a close second, followed by a close third with the Vikings. However, taking the average number of territories controlled as the final score (which would accurately represent participation in the Faction War) makes no sense to Ubisoft. Instead, they only use the last period before the season ends. The system is prone to cheese from purposeful non-participation in the couple of rounds prior so that you lose multiple zones. As it stands, to win the Faction War, you want to have about 16-19 zones controlled before the last round because its incredibly easy to gain 7+ zones when your resources are not spread thin. A point accrual system based on how many territories you control at the end of each round would be far better than the last second zerg rush that we have right now. As it stands now, there is no point to actively participating in the Faction War by strategically deploying War Assets as it does not matter what you do until the last round. I am sorely disappointed by the pointlessness of the current version of the Faction War. Great Job on that one Ubisoft.

The other way to decide this would be to take the original way that Ubisoft claimed they would decide the victor, which is by total War Assets. In this case, the Vikings would have won. The Knights having the victory makes everyone feel cheated since by all accounts, they did not win.

Beneathar
02-13-2017, 02:38 AM

So. to get this straight, you think it is fair, that, AFTER Vikings and Samurai got a boost (and knights didnt, because they won the previous round) of around 5% for each territory they fought in, the Knights were rightfuilly punished for winning decisively?

You simply don't understand the mechanics of the faction war.

After all 6 hours, the loosing factions get a boost of 5% per territory they fight in (including territory controlled by the winner of the last round), so after the start of a new round, the winner of the last round always has a big minus in territories, they just won. All those territories need to be hold, so the winning faction has hard time to hold its current status. this mechanic prevents a superior faction from ruling the game entirely, so the chances are more even.

Its normal, that the winner of the former round needs about 4 hours to get their territory carried on to the next round (if they play good) while the loosers get territory "as a Bonus" for the next round start. It is absolutely impossible for the winner of the last round to even hold the territory they got within only 2 hours (after 6 its a different question, this is doable)

So what you basically say is, that the knights should be punished for winning the last finished round and that the territory vikings got as a Bonus are rightfully theirs without even fighting for it.

Great stuff, really.

To win the faction war the way you mentioned it would be the best to intentionally lose the last finished round and after that use the bonus to conquer them all within 2 hours (wich is not even a challenge with that system...)

Yeah, a really honorful way of winning the Game.

Vikings lost. They lost bigly against the Knights. Get over it.

Knights rightfully won this faction war and will get the Bonus Emblem. Other factions didnt deserve it because they lost by the rules. period.

TheMalakith
02-13-2017, 02:42 AM
So. to get this straight, you think it is fair, that, AFTER Vikings and Samurai got a boost (and knights didnt, because they won the previous round) of around 5% for each territory they fought in, the Knights were rightfuilly punished for winning decisively?

After all 6 hours, the loosing factions get a boost of 5% per territory they fight in (including territory controlled by the winner of the last round), so after the start of a new round, the winner of the last round always has a big minus in territories, they just won. All those territories need to be hold, so the winning faction has hard time to hold its current status. this mechanic prevents a superior faction from ruling the game entirely, so the chances are more even.

Its normal, that the winner of the former round needs about 4 hours to get their territory carried on to the next round (if they play good) while the loosers get territory "as a Bonus" for the next round start. It is absolutely impossible for the winner of the last round to even hold the territory they got within only 2 hours (after 6 its a different question, this is doable)

So what you basically say is, that the knights should be punished for winning the last finished round and that the territory vikings got as a Bonus are rightfully theirs without even fighting for it.

Great stuff, really.

To win the faction war the way you mentioned it would be the best to intentionally lose the last finished round and after that use the bonus to conquer them all within 2 hours (wich is not even a challenge with that system...)

Knights rightfully won this faction war and will get the Bonus Emblem. Other factions didnt deserve it because they lost by the rules. period.

This man gets it.

DEUS VULT!

Pnguoin
02-13-2017, 02:43 AM
So we have

The open beta should've ended at 5 PST and not EST.

They didn't apply the rules they set at the start to decide the winner.

They gave the CBT reward to everyone and not only to the victors.

They didn't end the round like they did for the CBT.

Well vikings you got truly ****ed over :) GG to knight for crying so much they got the victory handed to them lol.

R4ISINGSuN
02-13-2017, 02:50 AM
I dont get how the **** people can call the decision from ubisoft into question 😂 Its like they think that ubisoft take advantage of giving the knights the win, lol

Beneathar
02-13-2017, 02:52 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4f9xUpUYAAk-LN.jpg:large

Not sure why people constantly ignore the Samurai's effort throughout the beta. During the Open Beta, the Samurai were dominating during the first 3 days and well into the last day when you go by the average number of territories controlled. (Which you can clearly see in the picture) The Knights would then be a close second, followed by a close third with the Vikings. However, taking the average number of territories controlled as the final score (which would accurately represent participation in the Faction War) makes no sense to Ubisoft. Instead, they only use the last period before the season ends. The system is prone to cheese from purposeful non-participation in the couple of rounds prior so that you lose multiple zones. As it stands, to win the Faction War, you want to have about 16-19 zones controlled before the last round because its incredibly easy to gain 7+ zones when your resources are not spread thin. A point accrual system based on how many territories you control at the end of each round would be far better than the last second zerg rush that we have right now. As it stands now, there is no point to actively participating in the Faction War by strategically deploying War Assets as it does not matter what you do until the last round. I am sorely disappointed by the pointlessness of the current version of the Faction War. Great Job on that one Ubisoft.

The other way to decide this would be to take the original way that Ubisoft claimed they would decide the victor, which is by total War Assets. In this case, the Vikings would have won. The Knights having the victory makes everyone feel cheated since by all accounts, they did not win.

Youre right. by all territories controlled over the beta, the Samurai would have won, with the knights in second and the vikings as clear losers.

If the Samurai would have been given the win, i would say its okay and justified.

But not the vikings, because the only fact why they won is by Bonus war assets gained through the last round 2 hours ago, they would never had hold this satus to the end

So there are two ways to determine the winner: by the last round end status (wich would be a knight win) or by total territories conquered (wich would be a samurai win), but definitely not by taking advantage of Bonus assets after 2 hours of the last round. So in any view the vikings lost this bigly.

You can argue if the Samurai or the Knights should have won, but thats Ubis decision (and most based on the actual progression of a faction war season, its the knights) or the samurai (wich, as i said, i would not argue with)

Only one thing is totally clear: The vikings lost. last place. In any way you calculate it fairly.

So Vikings, go home to you icy northern huts and cry silently.

Deus voluit victoria equestri.

Vengeful.Soul
02-13-2017, 02:56 AM
Youre right. by all territories controlled over the beta, the Samurai would have won, with the knights in second and the vikings as clear losers.

If the Samurai would have been given the win, i would say its okay and justified.

But not the vikings, because the only fact why they won is by Bonus war assets gained through the last round 2 hours ago, they would never had hold this satus to the end

So there are two ways to determine the winner: by the last round end status (wich would be a knight win) or by total territories conquered (wich would be a samurai win), but definitely not by taking advantage of Bonus assets after 2 hours of the last round. So in any view the vikings lost this bigly.

You can argue if the Samurai or the Knights should have won, but thats Ubis decision (and most based on the actual progression of a faction war season, its the knights) or the samurai (wich, as i said, i would not argue with)

Only one thing is totally clear: The vikings lost. last place. In any way you calculate it fairly.

I'm glad you can see the logic. The most fair decision that could be made would be having the Samurai win due to their dominance in average control. At one point, the Samurai even had over 30 territories controlled, and that was when they had 28 in the round prior! The Knights being given the win is unjust because they only had control from a last second zerg rush.

bladesDNM
02-13-2017, 02:57 AM

yea except ubisoft says the faction with the most war assets wins. so the vikings seem to have the higher number here.

Sirrkas
02-13-2017, 03:01 AM
yea except ubisoft says the faction with the most war assets wins. so the vikings seem to have the higher number here.

Are you sure that picture shows the percentage of all war assets and not only the percentage of the assets deployed in that turn?

Vengeful.Soul
02-13-2017, 03:04 AM
Are you sure that picture shows the percentage of all war assets and not only the percentage of the assets deployed in that turn?

You're probably onto something there. That picture probably does only show the War Assets from the current round.

TheMalakith
02-13-2017, 03:05 AM

I'm actually pretty sure it's just the turn. Otherwise the samurai would have been higher than that. If you look at the bar below it you can also see it's just that turn. It would be impossible to suddenly have 50% less war assets deployed in one turn.

Zumaht
02-13-2017, 03:06 AM
And change their own rules and delete the page so knights win.

Beneathar
02-13-2017, 03:06 AM
I'm glad you can see the logic. The most fair decision that could be made would be having the Samurai win due to their dominance in average control. At one point, the Samurai even had over 30 territories controlled, and that was when they had 28 in the round prior! The Knights being given the win is unjust because they only had control from a last second zerg rush.

I said i would not argue with the samurai winning, not that the knight won without justification.

You see, its not important how much territory you have hold during a war, its important how much territory you owned AFTER the war (this is why Germany doesnt reach from Paris to Moscow nowadays), so logically its a knight last-second win.

Anyways, the Samuarai did a really, really good performance in this Game and, as i said, i would not have argued if they were given the win.

But as Samurai and Knights are honorable fighters, Samurai should accept the status at the End, wich meant they lost the war last-second, and the Knights should appreciate the Samurai as honorable and strong enemies who deserve to be treated with honor and respect.

Those wild-bearded nordlings instead... well let them claim they won without any sense of honor or knowledge of the rules of war... those are poor little guys without a proper Land to live in. We should not be too hard to this semi-civilized faction. At least we let them play with us, isnt that nice of us?

and again:

God wanted the knights to win. Even if the Samurai were better overall.

Maybe a good solution would have been to give the reward to the Samurai and the Knights. But if Ubi would have done this, we all would drown in viking tears now and there would never be a faction war, because the whole world would be under water.

Sirrkas
02-13-2017, 03:09 AM
I'm actually pretty sure it's just the turn. Otherwise the samurai would have been higher than that. If you look at the bar below it you can also see it's just that turn. It would be impossible to suddenly have 50% less war assets deployed in one turn.

Not necessarily. When the vikings would have put most of their efforts in defending areas, that are not really in danger of being lost or fighting the knights, the samurai could still control most of the map. Also I think the bar is about controlled territories.

Grithios

Great stuff, really.

give this man a cookie

Beneathar
And change their own rules and delete the page so knights win.

get used to the rules of getting war assets (including the important rule that loosing factions get a massive boost at the beginning of each round!) and then complain again.

So many viking tears here....

If there is any faction who CLEARLY, DEFINITELY and DECISIVELY lost the faction war, its the vikings. so stop whining.

ReReminiscence
02-13-2017, 03:10 AM
http://i.imgur.com/mkF0VSY.pngKnights win one turn and are magically the winners in that one moment. # conspiracy

Vengeful.Soul
02-13-2017, 03:15 AM
http://i.imgur.com/mkF0VSY.pngKnights win one turn and are magically the winners in that one moment. # conspiracy

I love your graph. It shows the number of territories controlled throughout the beta on a turn by turn basis. Incidentally, it shows with undeniable proof that the Samurai are the rightful winners according to consistent performance during the Faction War. The Knights did not deserve the victory just because they won the last round with their boosted War Assets from the round previous.

ForBoo
02-13-2017, 03:17 AM
The knights won because the vikings and samurai were focusing on each other :P

Grithios
02-13-2017, 03:18 AM
this many threads proofs again...that many people cant say "ok it is so, next time its different" like srsly guys, ubisoft made it RLY bad about the choosed time to close the beta, me as a knight, and im sry for every knight brother and sister who disagree with me but thats my opinion, would say the viking would actually win because of this crap choosed time...but it is how it is, next time this rounds wont get canceled mid round, i understand the anger about this, but guys pls...its still a game, when why give SO much energy, anger what ever in a GAME, use this energy for work, friends or what ever you do in your free time...i wouldnt care if we lost, i had accept it when the vikings had won but they dont, so what ? you dont play the game anymore ? just because of this crap choosed time for this beta ? wow guys...wow....to make it short, pls just accept it how it is, we cant change anything.

have good times people and see you on the battlefield

EDIT: and by the way, because of this ONE ! bad thing that happend now the community breaks....great, this game had a good start and then this...

ReReminiscence
02-13-2017, 03:20 AM
Well when people devote time and effort into something than get cheated it is kinda logical people will be upset about it.

Beneathar
02-13-2017, 03:23 AM
Knights win one turn and are magically the winners in that one moment. # conspiracy

You see.... as i said above: It doesn't matter how bad you performed over the war, as long as you win in the last second.

And, as I said above also, if that would not be true, Germany nowadays would reach from Paris to Moscow, because they won every single "round" from 1939 to 1943. All over all they would have won the war, if war endings would be claculated that way.

Knights just arose at the right moment.

and yes, this is how war works. War isnt "fair" in a case that the one wins wich performs best during its duration, normally the one wins who takes advantage of a weakened winner. This may be a much smaller and less strong faction, but this doesnt change its victory.

Overall, the Knights were second (and the vikings - get over it - last)

It was just a last-second ordeal wich lead the knights to win.

As said before:

The only ones i feel sorry for are the samurai, because they fought honorful and were superior over the Beta.

Vikings are just really bad losers.

And yes, its a bit of a downside that they didnt finish the last round. Makes the sweet taste of victory a bit bitter. but changes nothing. an unfinished round shouldnt yount if you look on the rules of faction war, because that would be extremely unfair.

FR4NCO
02-13-2017, 03:27 AM
You see.... as i said above: It doenst matte rhow bad you performed over the war, as long as you win in the last second.

And, as i said above also, if that would not be true, Germany nowadays would reach from Paris to Moscow, because they won every single "round" from 1939
to 1943. All over all they would have won the war, if war endings would be claculated that way.

and yes, this is how war works. War isnt "fair" in a case that the one wins wich performs best during its duration, normally the one wins who takes advantage of a weakened winner. This may be a much smaller and less strong faction, but this doesnt change its victory.

As said before:

The only ones i feel sorry for are the samurai, because they fought honorful and were superior over the Beta.

And yes, its a bit of a downside that they didnt finish the last round. Makes the sweet taste of victory a bit bitter. but changes nothing. an unfinished round shouldnt yount if you look on the rules of faction war, because that would be extremely unfair.

sorry but according from ubisoft....vikings should of won. funny how they deleted this bit of info from their site.

Vengeful.Soul
02-13-2017, 03:29 AM
You see.... as i said above: It doenst matte rhow bad you performed over the war, as long as you win in the last second.

And, as i said above also, if that would not be true, Germany nowadays would reach from Paris to Moscow, because they won every single "round" from 1939
to 1943. All over all they would have won the war, if war endings would be claculated that way.

As said before:

Yeah, the only thing is that with how early in the day and how abruptly the game ended, it left a really bad taste in a lot of mouths. I mean, my friends and I didn't even get the chance to play on the last day (all Samurai). Was there even a notification of what time they were planning on closing the game? It really seems like they cut it off because they didn't want the Vikings to win both the Closed and Open Beta. There was another way out of this, Ubisoft :p

Grithios
02-13-2017, 03:32 AM
The losing faction gets a War Assets bonus, 5%, its the only reason your War Assets score was so high.

i think we can stop trying to explain "where, how, and why" we won, they lose etc....some people will never accept it because they cant lose or cant get over it, i dont think every viking is so, but sadly there a some, i dont know if the samurais would act like this, maybe some of them, maybe non, i also think that some of us knights had act but i actually didnt saw any thread so far where someone said "dont you dare ubi give the vikings the win ! we clearly won with more territorys!" but i still dont know how some of us would had react.

it is how it is, who cant get over it, dont need to play the game, done ^^

Grithios
02-13-2017, 03:35 AM
Yeah, the only thing is that with how early in the day and how abruptly the game ended, it left a really bad taste in a lot of mouths. I mean, my friends and I didn't even get the chance to play on the last day (all Samurai). Was there even a notification of what time they were planning on closing the game? It really seems like they cut it off because they didn't want the Vikings to win both the Closed and Open Beta. There was another way out of this, Ubisoft :p

i only can say it in EU it was on 23 night time, so i think it was 5 or 9 ? ^^` i hope you know what i mean

Beneathar
02-13-2017, 03:36 AM
sorry but according from ubisoft....vikings should of won. funny how they deleted this bit of info from their site.

Yes, true. Doesnt change anything, because it obviously wasnt planned to end the Beta just 2 hours after a new round.

This changes - logically - the way it should be calculated.

You can Argue if the Knights or the Samurai should have won, but definitely not the vikings, because they would only have won because of Bonus assets for LOSING the previous round. Winning a Game by losing at the right moment is definitely a really, really cheap way to win, while winning by arising last second is justified and winning by be the strongest faction over the Beta would be fair. But war isnt fair. so the knights won.

You see, if the circumstances change (and this seems to be what happened) the rules need to be adjusted. and that happened. for a reason.

The vikings winning would be the greatest disgrace, because they would just win by abusing Game mechanics.

So: This is the outcome, and its justified. Even if its sad for the Samurai.

The vikings lost. Theyre the only ones where its clear that they lost. Bear it with dignity.

FR4NCO
02-13-2017, 03:37 AM
The losing faction gets a War Assets bonus, 5%, its the only reason your War Assets score was so high.

lmfao...really even after seeing that the faction with the "MOST ASSETS" at the end of beta is suppose to win...according from ubisoft. %5-%100 it doesn't matter vikings were cheated out of their win.

ReReminiscence
02-13-2017, 03:40 AM
Is it so hard for ubisoft to just make a response to how janky the ending was instead of you know ignoring the issue at hand.

FR4NCO
02-13-2017, 03:43 AM
Yes, true. Doesnt change anything, because it obviously wasnt planned to end the Beta just 2 hours after a new round.

This changes - logically - the way it should be calculated.

You can Argue if the Knights or the Samurai should have won, but definitely not the vikings, because they would only have won because of Bonus assets for LOSING the previous round. Winning a Game by losing at the right moment is definitely a really, really cheap way to win, while winning by arising last second is justified and winning by be the strongest faction over the Beta would be fair. But war isnt fair. so the knights won.

You see, if the circumstances change (and this seems to be what happened) the rules need to be adjusted. and that happened. for a reason.

The vikings winning would be the greatest disgrace, because they would just win by abusing Game mechanics.

So: This is the outcome, and its justified. Even if its sad for the Samurai.

The vikings lost. They're the only ones where its clear that they lost. Bear it with dignity.

are you high? "The vikings winning would be the greatest disgrace, because they would just win by abusing Game mechanics."
its a disgrace that ubisoft said at the end of the beta the faction with "the most assets" wins the war period and did not follow threw with it.. they didn't say....oh if they lost the round before and get %5 when the beta ends that changes things....GET REAL! nothing but excuses.
fact vikings had MOST ASSETS at the end of beta.

TheMalakith
02-13-2017, 03:44 AM
Making the faction win based on war assets is a dumb mechanic anyway. You could litterally just stack them all in 1 spot and win the campain because you had more people playing at that moment. You would even have a permanent 5% buff to it because you would be losing the map constantly.

War assets are used to grab more area's, knights had the most when the Beta ended so knights win this time. Simple.

FR4NCO
02-13-2017, 03:45 AM
Is it so hard for ubisoft to just make a response to how janky the ending was instead of you know ignoring the issue at hand.

they need to just get rid of the reward or give it to the Samurais.

WTWR_Zydrate
02-13-2017, 03:48 AM
The whole thing was also cut off long before the round/season ends so it was just a bite sized sample.

Meanwhile, I'm happy to have a golden shield.

Deus-Vultt
02-13-2017, 03:48 AM
This reminds me of the episode in vikings where RAGNAR LOTHBROK DIES to snakes after being betrayed by king ecbert.

bladesDNM
02-13-2017, 03:49 AM

yea if it was a smaller company maybe. ubisoft only cares about money not people.

WTWR_Zydrate
02-13-2017, 03:50 AM
I don't know if that's a 'fact' or one of those 'alternative' ones going around but even if it was true, it doesn't mean they were allocated properly. You could have had newbies or idiots plopping their assets down on a losing zone that didn't help anything.

Beneathar
02-13-2017, 03:53 AM
Knights win one turn and are magically the winners in that one moment. # conspiracy

As i think about it... you maybe right, this may be a conspiracy.

I mean, nobody talks about connectivity issues anymore (and probably wont until 14th), so this issue is now out of the discussion.

All people are talking about is the rightful reign of the Knight of Ashfeld. And viking tears.

Great move, Ubi, great move!

Doesnt change the fact that knights rightfully won the war and Samurai were the strongest faction.

Grithios
02-13-2017, 03:55 AM
are you high? "The vikings winning would be the greatest disgrace, because they would just win by abusing Game mechanics."
its a disgrace that ubisoft said at the end of the beta the faction with "the most assets" wins the war period and did not follow threw with it.. they didn't say....oh if they lost the round before and get %5 when the beta ends that changes things....GET REAL! nothing but excuses.

life isnt easy good sir, you will have MANY more moments were it is like this, you should try to get used to it, especially when you cant change it anymore, i know its stupid but just stop, you do see that everyone else will still say "knights win" so why do you still waste your energy here ? just breath deeply, maybe sleep a bit or do something else, i dont think that more people will agree with you, i bet there are some or MANY who agree with you, but stop wasting your energy, is stupid i know, but you cant change it.

FR4NCO
02-13-2017, 03:58 AM
4 OUT OF 7 HOURS OF THE ROUND DID NOT GET PLAYED ...

goddamit, that meager 2% advantage could have been soundly broken by 4 hours of actual playing; counting a round that was going unplayed would be unfair, especially to hand the victory to the faction that got the boost of the loser of the previous round.

oh but it's fair just to hand the win to the knights right, when they clearly did not have the "MOST ASSETS"? see the difference is i see that ubisoft made a mistake but you..you just keep coming up with excuses....so because the vikings lost the previous round it's unfair that they would win the next...do you even see how ridiculous that sounds.

FR4NCO
02-13-2017, 03:59 AM
life isnt easy good sir, you will have MANY more moments were it is like this, you should try to get used to it, especially when you cant change it anymore, i know its stupid but just stop, you do see that everyone else will still say "knights win" so why do you still waste your energy here ? just breath deeply, maybe sleep a bit or do something else, i dont think that more people will agree with you, i bet there are some or MANY who agree with you, but stop wasting your energy, is stupid i know, but you cant change it.

sorry but one person is all it takes to make a difference and i feel sorry for you if you think you cant.

TheMalakith
02-13-2017, 04:02 AM
All right Im done answering to anything you post, you clearly ignore basic reasoning:

in 4 hours your war assets advantage could have been lost.

Also, 5% loser bonus. Without that they wouldnt even have the advantage.

FR4NCO
02-13-2017, 04:03 AM
All right Im done answering to anything you post, you clearly ignore basic reasoning:

lol
could have....good one. let me get you a trophy because you could have.

Vixerus
02-13-2017, 04:04 AM
It's done and over with, I'm sure all the complaints have been noted by the team. The system will be looked at and they will find better ways to improve it, some people are getting far to upset tbh. This was an open beta and a pre season, S1 doesn't even start till the game launches. Okay, you lost a gold emblem many people won't even see it anyways.

I'm sure they'll have far better rewards at the end of each season. (Which will last longer than 3 days).

Yes the Vikings got the short end of the stick, it's unfortunate.

PS: No game is perfect, things can and will be improved over time.

tcs1991.ts
02-13-2017, 04:07 AM
It appears there are two issues at play: A misunderstanding of victory conditions and a dispute over where to mark the finish line.

First, lets tackle the most important going forward.

Many of you appear to be getting hung up on War Assets, believing that a poorly worded info-graphic proves Vikings should have won because they had a small lead (e.g. http://i.imgur.com/AN9Ugfy.jpg). In that same picture, it also says that War Assets "are given to distribute to your Faction to control territories." They are essentially equivalent to the Popular Vote in the US Presidential election system in determining the outcome of the Electoral College. You get so many votes based on how well and how often you perform. You then use those votes in specific territories with the hopes that enough like-minded individuals also vote in those same territories to out-perform the other teams. There is another forum post which also explains this a little more simply: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...ow-Knights-won

Anybody who truly believes the outcome should be based on total overall War Assets is naive, while everybody else is just being dishonest. If it were all about cumulative War Assets, what would be the point of fighting for territories to begin with, if not to hold the largest kingdom when the dust settles?

Second issue isn't as important as it only happened in a time-definite pre-release version.

Many of you alternately rely on an argument that the final decision should include a partial turn. I think this is a valid point, as it is perfectly reasonable to expect the gameplay to matter up to the last moments. However, in a Beta state you all agreed before every log-in that you understood this was not a final product. You even agreed that you understand the game might not work at all. The game mechanics are not designed to count a partial round, as for example there are bonuses that come into play before the closing of each which influences decision-making and War Asset placement. There may be other calculations that are not as obvious which are done in order to determine outcomes. It would have been just as valid to argue against counting a partial round had we seen an alternate conclusion method to the Open Beta.

This is not some great, botched massive failure of a Beta conclusion. It was actually very successful. No matter the timing, there had to be a cutoff and there is frankly not a lot of time before the real game goes live. It has already been manufactured and shipped. There is probably a lot of data that the developers collected during this Beta that they are using to tweak what they can within a pretty much 2-day window.

bladesDNM
02-13-2017, 04:07 AM

could also been higher. as it stands if u resolve the map status based on army strength in that picture u would see a lot less yellow.

MagicElmo
02-13-2017, 04:08 AM
That's a nice graph!

Personally I don't mind that for the short open beta period only the last turn counted for the win
I personally would have counted differently. I would have simply summed up the territories during the whole event (or calculated the average of territories owned during the whole event) and reward the team that has been better for the whole even really.
Hoping that for the live game and the longer seasons Ubisoft will calculate this way (with obviously also considering for the amount of players per faction and the late joiners and stuff (not easy for sure)).
That would be a much fairer system I believe as the current Faction War works really more like sports league than a real war (where points are been given after each gameweek).
Comparing this win to historic wars doesn't make sense IMHO, but at the same time the Viking players complaining about the 1 hour of the last turn not counting also doesn't make sense (way too short to be a real round).

Anyway, long story short. Congratulations Knights! Well done! Good comeback!
See you on the battlefield from Tuesday!

Grithios
02-13-2017, 04:08 AM
It's done and over with, I'm sure all the complaints have been noted by the team. The system will be looked at and they will find better ways to improve it, some people are getting far to upset tbh. This was an open beta and a pre season, S1 doesn't even start till the game launches. Okay, you lost a gold emblem many people won't even see it anyways.

I'm sure they'll have far better rewards at the end of each season. (Which will last longer than 3 days).

give this man also a cookie !

Yvendel
02-13-2017, 04:13 AM
But, wtf. Im with my waifu, shes wearing a kimono, we're drinkin some sake peacefully, but then we heard guys crying and flaming outside the house. What is all this circus about?

At least it shows that people are interested in the faction system.

ReReminiscence
02-13-2017, 04:14 AM
To be fair for people like me who have 400+ hours of testing in this game and we lose something "exclusive" due to janky **** I mean we have a right to be upset.

Archaous
02-13-2017, 04:14 AM
The system needs improving, it seems the best performing Faction (Samurai) lost even tho they literally smashed pretty much every other round so hard that they were at the bottom of the assets ladder for the last round due to other factions having bonus war assets from being so far behind vs the samurai for so many rounds, The (Vikings) who pretty much Held second Place for the Majority of the Beta and who also was the highest Asset holding Faction at the exact time the Beta ended but was denied the win because the round was deemed uncomplete therefor not valid. The (Knights) who literally won the Spoils of the Faction War because the Beta finished on their Power spike.

Samurai Held First Place: 9/15 Rounds
Vikings Held First Place: 4/15 Rounds
Knights Held First Place: 2/15 Rounds (one of which was the last complete round of the Beta)

so to the Knights who think they gud cus they wear the Gold Beta Badge, my response to you is: git gud and pray you dont come across a salty Samurai or Viking on the battlefield :D they will most likely bend you over and add your skull to the pile to commit to their Factions War Assets. :) <3

MagicElmo
02-13-2017, 04:15 AM

Fully agree, except for that the Vikings got the short end of the stick.
But it doesn't really matter as you said. It's just open beta. The game hasn't even started yet.
And that Gold Emblem isn't even nice looking. :-)

Pnguoin
02-13-2017, 04:20 AM
Just so people understand about the most asset wins.

It's a direct reference to the fact they asked us to fight for the last hour to make our faction win.

Because the rules were you win if you faction have the most war asset so if you play in this last hour your faction will have the most asset it wasn't a slogany thingy to tell you to play the last hour, it was a direct reference to the rule which decide who win...

tcs1991.ts
02-13-2017, 04:21 AM
To be fair for people like me who have 400+ hours of testing in this game and we lose something "exclusive" due to janky **** I mean we have a right to be upset.

Bad liars are bad.

Twisted-Karma
02-13-2017, 04:21 AM
so to the Knights who think they gud cus they wear the Gold Beta Badge, my response to you is: git gud and pray you dont come across a salty Samurai or Viking on the battlefield :D they will most likely bend you over and add your skull to the pile to commit to their Factions War Assets. :) <3

HaHa don't worry dude, you're minions have already beaten you to the punch. My main is a warden and one game, my team mate who was orochi, was saying some stuff and kept knocking me off ladders causing me many a fights :/ then ultimately the match ha.

CrestfallenNito
02-13-2017, 04:22 AM
The knights had the most territories at the end. Get over it

WTWR_Zydrate
02-13-2017, 04:23 AM
Bad liars are bad.

I was gonna ask about that too. I don't know how long the closed beta was but I played the open practically nonstop and net around 40 hours. Though I couldn't play the last day (Today) because of some health issues, I bet I could have net another 5-7.

ReReminiscence
02-13-2017, 04:23 AM
Bad liars are bad.

Excuses me Sir I'm Mister Alpha info graph and I was in basically every test. Check your privilege.

tcs1991.ts
02-13-2017, 04:24 AM
The knights had the most territories at the end. Get over it

Lol because Ubi boosted y'all. Lol

ReReminiscence
02-13-2017, 04:29 AM
TT1 ACT TT2 CBT OBT. There is enough time if you don't sleep much more than 2-3 hours a night

tcs1991.ts
02-13-2017, 04:30 AM
Excuses me Sir I'm Mister Alpha info graph and I was in basically every test. Check your privilege.

So you played every test. All day everyday with no sleep? Because that is the only way you 400 hrs. Show us a pic from your Uplay acct. It has the total hours played for all your games including betas.

XxKILLASEEDxX
02-13-2017, 04:34 AM
Us samurai ran the board for 3 days str8 remember that! But I salute the knights I faught alongside in many of these battles, definitely gained a few good allies!

ReReminiscence
02-13-2017, 04:34 AM
So you played every test. All day everyday with no sleep? Because that is the only way you 400 hrs. Show us a pic from your Uplay acct. It has the total hours played for all your games including betas.

Are you so petty you have to go to this length to attempt to disprove me? Uplay doesn't keep hours and half of the pictures I have are under NDA. Is it so hard to assume someone binged every time the game was out?

TT2 3 days 18 hour 54 min it was a 4-5 day test cycle. Alpha closed at 54-56 hours alpha was 3 -4 days. If you see the pattern of my gameplay It should speak for it'self. I plan on doing 24-48 hours when the game comes out.

CritBull
02-13-2017, 04:35 AM
I said i would not argue with the samurai winning, not that the knight won without justification.

You see, its not important how much territory you have hold during a war, its important how much territory you owned AFTER the war (this is why Germany doesnt reach from Paris to Moscow nowadays), so logically its a knight last-second win.

Anyways, the Samuarai did a really, really good performance in this Game and, as i said, i would not have argued if they were given the win.

But as Samurai and Knights are honorable fighters, Samurai should accept the status at the End, wich meant they lost the war last-second, and the Knights should appreciate the Samurai as honorable and strong enemies who deserve to be treated with honor and respect.

Those wild-bearded nordlings instead... well let them claim they won without any sense of honor or knowledge of the rules of war... those are poor little guys without a proper Land to live in. We should not be too hard to this semi-civilized faction. At least we let them play with us, isnt that nice of us?

and again:

God wanted the knights to win. Even if the Samurai were better overall.

Maybe a good solution would have been to give the reward to the Samurai and the Knights. But if Ubi would have done this, we all would drown in viking tears now and there would never be a faction war, because the whole world would be under water.

+1 lol thanks cracked me up but very true of what happened........... Gratz to the Knights well done....... Everyone else chill its only +18 pixels we are talking about here from a game that has not even been released ;-)

Pnguoin
02-13-2017, 05:03 AM
we aren't talking about the emblem but how a company is handling it playerbase in a multiplier game it's pretty important. Lying shouldn't be considered lightly.

Deus-Vultt
02-13-2017, 05:53 AM
The system needs improving, it seems the best performing Faction (Samurai) lost even tho they literally smashed pretty much every other round so hard that they were at the bottom of the assets ladder for the last round due to other factions having bonus war assets from being so far behind vs the samurai for so many rounds, The (Vikings) who pretty much Held second Place for the Majority of the Beta and who also was the highest Asset holding Faction at the exact time the Beta ended but was denied the win because the round was deemed uncomplete therefor not valid. The (Knights) who literally won the Spoils of the Faction War because the Beta finished on their Power spike.

Samurai Held First Place: 9/15 Rounds
Vikings Held First Place: 4/15 Rounds
Knights Held First Place: 2/15 Rounds (one of which was the last complete round of the Beta)

Sorry i can't hear you over how amazing my new emblem looks. cry more into the river that run between our land maybe it will melt the snow and your cold dead heart

fetusdirt
02-13-2017, 06:07 AM

update: vikings cheated out of their win
enough said...they have now removed this from their website...SHAME!
Yes i started a thread with these same images THE SECOND I SEEN IT ubisoft needs to talk to us.

fetusdirt
02-13-2017, 06:11 AM
Vikings sure are bad losers. When they won the Closed Beta I don't remember 10 threads a minute from Knights crying about the result.
You Vikings, big hulking monsters on the outside, little babies on the inside :D

Actually they decided to allow the current contesting if territories finish in closed beta to give all others a chance against the vikings, but what do i know. All contested territories were given to their respective factions in CLOSED but not OPEN.

SethUnleashed
02-13-2017, 06:19 AM
Actually they decided to allow the current contesting if territories finish in closed beta to give all others a chance against the vikings, but what do i know. All contested territories were given to their respective factions in CLOSED but not OPEN.

and this is where the ******** is burried...

dont freaking end the war MID-****ING-ROUND ... you dont end a football game half way through either do you now?

and to those claiming that "the vikings only would have won because war asset boost" ... thats how the faction war works, its no reason to cut the last round.

Egotistic_Ez
02-13-2017, 06:52 AM
There's only two ways you can measure a victory for something like this faction war. An over time result, or a past the post result. Samurai won over time, knights won at the finish line (past the post). You whiny little viking kiddies can QQ all you like, but whichever method you go with you still lose.

The only argument in this whole thread in favour of the vikings is a badly worded post by someone who works on the website and has nothing to do with the game at all. Any viking taking this "most war assets" line and running with it is either way to desperate for a cosmetic reward, or simply has no idea how the faction war works.

That said, feel free to keep posting. It is absolutely hilarious to watch.

thewalkingkane
02-13-2017, 07:07 AM

It isn't about Vikings getting the short end of the stick or the game not being perfect, and it has nothing to do with the game being improved over time. We're all well aware of that. What it is about is that the rules were very explicitly stated as: The faction with the most war assets at the end, wins. It didn't say in parenthesis or fine text "unless they had a 5% bonus" or "unless the beta ends an hour before the round ends" or anything of the sort. It said, plain as day, that whoever had the most war assets... wins.

And to reneg on that and remove evidence of having said it is a total betrayl on behalf of the developers and suggests some seriously shady ****. If the rules were explicitly stated as, "Whoever has THE MOST TERRITORY wins" then the Vikings may have played differently; they may have adapted their strategy to accomodate that ruleset. But it didn't say that, and the Vikings played to win according to the rules as they were explained in solid, clear, white text on a stone background.

It's like giving a ticket to someone for parking in a no parking zone outside of the lines.

thewalkingkane
02-13-2017, 07:13 AM
You're really basing your whole argument on two words? Dude... If it's just about the assets, whats the point of the map existing? You have to DEPLOY them and WIN with them for it to matter. Which is what the knights did in the end.

The ruleset for a non-time limited Faction War Season can be different than explicitly stated rules on a timed beta. Ubisoft was well aware that they had a timed beta, they had scheduled it to end in the middle of a round, and likely set the rules (most war assets) accordingly -KNOWING- that the beta would end in the middle of the round. Players can't adjust strategy or alter play in those conditions; there's nothing to bounce back from and there's no other way to determine a clear victor when you can't even finish a round. The issue people - Vikings - have with it, is that the rules were explicitly stated as "Whoever has the most war assets wins" and played to that ruleset, and by all accounts won.

It would be senseless to tell players that "whoever has the most territory wins" and then tantalize and tease them with the results hours after the determing round ended, allowing them to play with the realization that they had already lost.

Butonfly
02-13-2017, 07:15 AM
Clearly Ubisoft has done this on purpose to generate high emotions and fan the flames of animosity between the factions.

You're all fools, being manipulated and sucked in to the feud to ensure you buy, and continue to play the game for Ubisoft's enjoyment and gain.

Ubisoft IS Apollyon

There is some deep irony going on here XD

XxKILLASEEDxX
02-13-2017, 07:18 AM
I think it'd be nice to see/know how many warriors each faction has over all the different platforms since war assets are allocated from all platforms as one whole.

thewalkingkane
02-13-2017, 07:31 AM
Vikings ate th only ones whining - and they would have cheesed they would have gotten victory the same way we did, because it's just a big back and forth. You push forward one turn, then the next you can't make any progress and just get pushed back because of stupid asset bonuses. Unless NO ONE plays a faction, that faction will always push people back. The faction war is a farce, but we won that farce in the rules of the game so just suck it up and take the loss like we knights did in the closed beta.

Except, by all accounts expressed by other players in these forums and Ubisoft's own wording, you shouldn't have won. You won by not one, but two technicalities (1: A defiance of 'highest war assets = win' 2: Not counting important data from the last round).

And it isn't losing that concerns me. It's the fact that there's some shady determinations being made here and I'm concerned as to what that means for the live game; whether or not rules, as they are explained by the developers, are honored, and whether or not measurable criteria is considered in determining a victor in the eventuality the servers go down.

thewalkingkane
02-13-2017, 07:49 AM
The territories are what matter. You could have all the assets in the world, but if they are only being pumped into one zone they are pointless. I ALWAYS saw it as territory = victory. If we won because of higher numbers but less territory i would feel like we won on a technicality. But this is just a game ending and the final comeback score being tallied. Hang up the jerseys and put away the balls for the next game.

What you saw as a victory was not what was explained would be a victory: http://imgur.com/AN9Ugfy?r

If it was explained that: "The faction with the most war assets wins, UNLESS they did so with a 5% comeback bonus"
If it was explained that: "The faction with the most war assets wins, UNLESS they have the least territories"
If it was explained that: "The faction with the most TERRITORIES wins"

It would be an acceptable loss. Fact of the matter is that none of those were the explanation of the rules given, and players played accordingly. By all rights, the Vikings won as the rules were explained in their truest form with no fine print, no parenthesis, and no addendum. They gave the win to the Knights by technicality, and as a result the Vikings feel cheated because that wasn't the way the rules were explained to the players.

If there was a better explanation of how the rules worked, or if there was an explanation on behalf of the developers for why the rules were changed without telling anyone, then there'd be a lot less "tears". Moreover, as I previously stated, it sets a very worrisome precedence for future events; are we going to have to worry about these sort of technicalities in tournaments? Other seasons/events? Who knows. Though I imagine many Viking players will be cautious about it in the future, myself included.

SaberfangDawne
02-13-2017, 07:50 AM
I played as a knight, but I can understand why you feel the results should have been different, HOWEVER your math is off. Ubisoft has on the for honor twitter page a screen shot of the final results of the map when the beta closed, and the samurai were the ones that would have won whether it was based on war assets, or territories held at the end of a round.

https://twitter.com/ForHonorGame/status/830911936267157506/photo/1

Though the faction war had some problems in the first place. It seemed like the standings were predictable, two turns, samurai lead, two turns, vikings, two turns, knights, two turns samurai again, and it keeps going. The full game will need some incentives to push all the way to one factions stronghold, maybe a bounty at the end of each round on each factions stronghold based on territories held, and two things could happen:

At the end of the round, the bounty is rewarded to the faction who reached the stronghold and had the most war assets placed on the hold, if no faction has reached the stronghold then:
1: the bounty increases further for each stronghold, again, based on territories held.
2: the bounty resets to a new value based on territories held.

And many other additions.

CrestfallenNito
02-13-2017, 07:59 AM
Are the Vikings still crying?

Sieger300
02-13-2017, 08:06 AM

Great stuff, really.

So the previous beta ended with a viking victory with 25 territories,right? But the round before they had 30+, MY QUESTION IS : why u talk? How is it fair to give someone a chance to fight back,and take it away from vikings? Tears or no tears,the only way you can win the real warriors is ubisoft turning off beta in the middle of the round and change rules.

P.S. The knights were the lowest war assests (overall) faction in the open beta,i would agree to let samurai get the trophy,but really,how can you say its fair if you win 1 ROUND in all of the beta rounds and last round were just turned off before the estimated downtime, is a real victory? Im fine with the decision ubi made actually, all who'll wear that bonus they'll give will just showcase that they played worst faction in the open beta. GG

CrestfallenNito
02-13-2017, 08:18 AM
http://i.imgur.com/jYVbRxZ.jpg

Egotistic_Ez
02-13-2017, 08:20 AM
So the previous beta ended with a viking victory with 25 territories,right? But the round before they had 30+, MY QUESTION IS : why u talk? How is it fair to give someone a chance to fight back,and take it away from vikings? Tears or no tears,the only way you can win the real warriors is ubisoft turning off beta in the middle of the round and change rules

This is your first ever post? A viking lost QQ post?

Man I love this thread.

lowkey_wana_die
02-13-2017, 08:21 AM

aww, you beat me to posting my viking salt meme :( :( :(

CrestfallenNito
02-13-2017, 08:23 AM
aww, you beat me to posting my viking salt meme :( :( :(

I blatantly stole it from you, get rekt

Sieger300
02-13-2017, 08:26 AM
This is your first ever post? A viking lost QQ post?

Man I love this thread.

couldnt make myself stay out of this. You're drinking our tears,but hey,thats not the only liquid you drink from us,right,knights?

CrestfallenNito
02-13-2017, 08:29 AM
couldnt make myself stay out of this. You're drinking our tears,but hey,thats not the only liquid you drink from us,right,knights?

The blood when we kill you? It's too salty for my tastes

Sieger300
02-13-2017, 08:36 AM
The blood when we kill you? It's too salty for my tastes

idk man,you knights clearly killed the least amount of people in the beta,which is obviously leading to the different type of liquid

CrestfallenNito
02-13-2017, 08:43 AM
idk man,you knights clearly killed the least amount of people in the beta,which is obviously leading to the different type of liquid

Congratulations kid, you have more people on your side. It kinda baffles me how people think "Woah we're soooo much better than them because we have more points!"

Sieger300
02-13-2017, 08:48 AM
Congratulations kid, you have more people on your side. It kinda baffles me how people think "Woah we're soooo much better than them because we have more points!"

lul dude,are you being salty cause knights were the worst during beta ? :)
Whatever mate, theres a peace today,but tommorow,im going to get some of iron buckets. GL

CrestfallenNito
02-13-2017, 08:50 AM
lul dude,are you being salty cause knights were the worst during beta ? :)
Whatever mate, theres a peace today,but tommorow,im going to get some of iron buckets. GL

I thought it was already pretty well established who was salty. Allow me to reiterate:

lilboa
02-13-2017, 12:49 PM
I cannot believe this is true at the moment I heard the result.

It's a plan. It's a conspiracy.
Give us the golden frame back!!!

HarambeVendetta
02-13-2017, 12:55 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5tpk1m/the_community_right_now/

davedxd
02-13-2017, 01:37 PM
why are people talking about the beta ending sooner than it should have, the beta ending time was set before it even started, if the game did not show the amount of territories each faction are going to win/lose if the round ended by that time this discussion would never happen..by the time the beta was set to end the knights were winning, thats it..

Eleanor-Ripley
02-13-2017, 01:46 PM
This game should have a mercenary faction aswell, for all those playing 1 faction's hero but supporting another.

Its madness i tell ya.