PDA

View Full Version : The Faction War is Pontless!

Vengeful.Soul
02-13-2017, 12:28 AM
During the Open Beta, the Samurai were dominating during the first 3 days and well into the last day when you go by the average number of territories controlled. The Vikings would then be a close second. However, apparently taking the average number of territories controlled as the final score (which would accurately represent participation in the Faction War) makes no sense to Ubisoft. Instead, they only use the last period before the season ends. This means that, in order to win the Faction War, you only have to play during the last 6 hours and want to intentionally lose most of your territories so that you can easily gain 7+ in the last round before the season is over. I am sorely disappointed by the pointlessness of the Faction War. Great Job on that one Ubisoft.

TLDR: The Faction War is pointless, because participation in the last period is the only thing that counts. This leaves it prone to cheese and penalizes actual participation.

NEXTOFK1N
02-13-2017, 12:31 AM
I too was shocked at the end result, but it was still fun as hell to participate in nonetheless.

zesilo
02-13-2017, 12:37 AM
If this was the season end and samurai were winning 13 of the 14 days then knights won the last day of the season, would you see it unfair then? It does not matter how well you were doing here or there, it matters where you are at the end of the season. If you are rank 1 in arena during the whole season then the last day someone beats your team rating by 1 point and youre dropped to rank 2, that doesn't mean you should have been rank 1. If samurai had continued to deploy assets like they did at the start they would have won. In fact, I have friends that left Samurai and come to the Knights. I am sure changes of faction happened with more than just my 4 friends, so the variables that can affect the season at the end are endless.

P.S. If you did not know, each round shows progress. You can actually get the territory to have 0 yellow and be all red and blue. This can STAY THIS WAY for every round of a season if knights never do anything. So yes participation counts the whole way through, just because knights were last does not mean we were far behind at the start. If samurai had 100 points vikings had 95 points and knights had 90 points for the first 2 rounds then round 3 comes along and knights get 100 points and viking have 90 and samurai have 95, that would make total sense would it not?

Vengeful.Soul
02-13-2017, 12:46 AM
If this was the season end and samurai were winning 13 of the 14 days then knights won the last day of the season, would you see it unfair then? It does not matter how well you were doing here or there, it matters where you are at the end of the season. If you are rank 1 in arena during the whole season then the last day someone beats your team rating by 1 point and youre dropped to rank 2, that doesn't mean you should have been rank 1. If samurai had continued to deploy assets like they did at the start they would have won. In fact, I have friends that left Samurai and come to the Knights. I am sure changes of faction happened with more than just my 4 friends, so the variables that can affect the season at the end are endless.

P.S. If you did not know, each round shows progress. You can actually get the territory to have 0 yellow and be all red and blue. This can STAY THIS WAY for every round of a season if knights never do anything. So yes participation counts the whole way through, just because knights were last does not mean we were far behind at the start. If samurai had 100 points vikings had 95 points and knights had 90 points for the first 2 rounds then round 3 comes along and knights get 100 points and viking have 90 and samurai have 95, that would make total sense would it not?

The entire problem is that it rewards only for the last 6 hours of play. The system is prone to cheese from purposeful non-participation in the couple of rounds prior so that you lose multiple zones. As it stands, you want to have about 16-19 zones controlled before the last round because its incredibly easy to gain 7+ zones when your resources are not spread thin at all. If you cannot see the issue with this cheese strategy that complete nullifies the effort put into the rest of the time spent, then there is nothing to talk about with you. A point accrual system based on how many territories you control at the end of each round would be far better than the last second zerg rush that we have right now. As it stands now, there is no point to actively participating in the Faction War by strategically deploying War Assets as it does not matter what you do until the last round.

zesilo
02-13-2017, 01:07 AM
The entire problem is that it rewards only for the last 6 hours of play. The system is prone to cheese from purposeful non-participation in the couple of rounds prior so that you lose multiple zones. As it stands, you want to have about 16-19 zones controlled before the last round because its incredibly easy to gain 7+ zones when your resources are not spread thin at all. If you cannot see the issue with this cheese strategy that complete nullifies the effort put into the rest of the time spent, then there is nothing to talk about with you. A point accrual system based on how many territories you control at the end of each round would be far better than the last second zerg rush that we have right now. As it stands now, there is no point to actively participating in the Faction War by strategically deploying War Assets as it does not matter what you do until the last round.

But it does not reward just the last 6 hours. If knights are pushed to their statue on the territory map and have 0 zones until the last round they can only attack the territories around their statue. The reason all 3 factions floated around the same and then knights jumped ahead is exactly that, people consistently deployed troops evenly between the 3 factions, then vikings and samurai slowed down the last 2 rounds causing them to lose to the knights who never gave up deploying troops.

GNASHSAMA
02-13-2017, 01:16 AM
But it does not reward just the last 6 hours. If knights are pushed to their statue on the territory map and have 0 zones until the last round they can only attack the territories around their statue. The reason all 3 factions floated around the same and then knights jumped ahead is exactly that, people consistently deployed troops evenly between the 3 factions, then vikings and samurai slowed down the last 2 rounds causing them to lose to the knights who never gave up deploying troops.

290,000 War Assets Deployed.

Reputation Level 2.

Level 20.

Warden.

Faction: Knights.

StrikeQ
02-13-2017, 01:18 AM
I would just like to see numbers on how many players per faction there were.