PDA

View Full Version : Can we talk about when two players guardbreak at the same time?

Fibrillous
02-13-2017, 12:03 AM
So when two players guardbreak at a similar enough time, the game gets kindof wonky and instead of having the counter guardbreak animation going off and having them even, one person's guardbreak will get through the other's. I'm not sure how the game determines it. I'm also not sure if this is an intentional feature or not. I mean, I wouldn't mind much if it stayed in the game because you can still guardbreak a second time to then initiate the counter guardbreak, but it's just a weird feature. It seems inconsistent and it feels like it's unintentional.

Does anyone know which player wins the guardbreak when they both initiate a break at roughly the same time?

zesilo
02-13-2017, 12:11 AM
I would imagine the game determines it by how they calculate "weight". A peacekeeper can throw another peacekeeper pretty far, but a peacekeeper throwing a conqueror barely does anything. If a conqueror throws a peacekeeper, the peacekeeper will go flying.

Now think of this for guard breaking. To counter guard break you have to time it after they pressed their button but before they hit you. If both players guard break simultaneously, the heavier hero should win every time.

I hope this information helped.

Fibrillous
02-13-2017, 12:14 AM
Did you test this? because i thought it was whoever guardbroke first/second would've won the trade. it feels more like a flaw in the game's code that causes it and not an actual mechanic based on character size/weight/throwdistance. because the GBs dont have to be at the EXACT same time, just similarly timed.

zesilo
02-13-2017, 12:16 AM
If the 2nd person who pushed it does not time when they push their guard break to counter, they will lose the action over the other person.