PDA

View Full Version : Special beta badges?

cane2simons
02-12-2017, 11:29 PM
Do people who participated in For Honor Open Beta on steam get rewards when they play the real game on February 14, 2017? Like will they get a special badge stating that they participated in the beta, or special items maybe? That would be nice, because i participated. But if there already is a reward, did you HAVE to participate in the multiplayer?? I spent my time pvping with my friend and didint join a fight in multiplayer and i really dont wanna miss out on beta rewards when i download the real game, i already pre ordered it. Please help, thanks

UbiNoty
02-13-2017, 01:05 AM
I'm not sure about steam but there are in-game rewards for participating in the beta. You can see them here (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-US/war-of-factions/index.aspx). If you were a part of the Knights faction you'll get an Emblems of Power golden frame for being the OB faction war winners. Hope that answers your question!

erico360
02-13-2017, 01:07 AM
Didn't you guys also promised a reward for winning the closed beta? What is it?

UbiNoty
02-13-2017, 01:27 AM
all players who participated in the closed beta will receive special in game emblems of old. You can read more about it here (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-US/war-of-factions/index.aspx)

erico360
02-13-2017, 01:35 AM
all players who participated in the closed beta will receive special in game emblems of old. You can read more about it here (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-US/war-of-factions/index.aspx)

Yeah you guys kinda deleted the promise to give the winners something. Why?

cane2simons
02-13-2017, 03:00 AM
I'm not sure about steam but there are in-game rewards for participating in the beta. You can see them here (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-US/war-of-factions/index.aspx). If you were a part of the Knights faction you'll get an Emblems of Power golden frame for being the OB faction war winners. Hope that answers your question!

Hello, youve been very helpful. This golden frame around your emblem is EXCLUSIVE to knights who won IN THE BETA only right? so its no longer obtainable after the beta because it was exclusive to the knights who won the first war in the beta? Oh and yes, i did choose knights :D

UbiNoty
02-13-2017, 03:12 AM
Hello, youve been very helpful. This golden frame around your emblem is EXCLUSIVE to knights who won IN THE BETA only right? so its no longer obtainable after the beta because it was exclusive to the knights who won the first war in the beta? Oh and yes, i did choose knights :D

Yes, as the Knights won the open beta faction war, only those who declared Knights will receive the Emblem of Power golden frame.

Boudusei
02-13-2017, 04:37 AM
Yes, as the Knights won the open beta faction war, only those who declared Knights will receive the Emblem of Power golden frame.

Thanks for the replies, looking forward to the game release tomorrow !

E-A-X
02-13-2017, 04:59 AM
wow okay. those informations bout that are sort of hidden i feel. when youre not active in forums you dont know about these things at all i guess? Unfortunate i had to waste 2 days of open beta against AI bots w/o any rewards etc. :|

High_King_Eric
02-13-2017, 08:52 AM

Just for clarification, I understand only those who declared knights during the open beta will receive the emblems of power, however they will only be able to apply the golden frame around their shield emblem as a knight after launch? I ask this because I pledged team viking again, but this time we lost. If I stick to my team viking after launch but see people on my team have the emblems of power around their viking shield emblem when they didn't help us fight to win during the open beta I would be very upset. I remained loyal to my team despite getting last place. People who played as knights during the beta shouldn't be able to use the emblem if they pledge to another team correct? In simpler terms my questions is this, although the only people rewarded the emblems of power are those who pledged knights during the open beta, is the emblems of power also exclusive to the knights faction emblem as well or do they get the frame for any faction they pledge?

If they can use it for all factions I am sure al those who remained loyal to their losing teams and continue to do so will be highly upset to see people who weren't loyal to that faction running around with that frame only after choosing that team after launch. It would also to me remove any reason to remain loyal to the faction in the future. I myself like to get everything unlockable in the game. but since my team lost I am already missing something before the game is even released. However that would not bother me as long as nobody from the faction I remain loyal to is running around with it. I planned on choosing my team and winning all rewards my team earns throughout the seasons and missing out on all my team loses. But if the rewards can just be transitioned over to the faction that didn't earn them when u switch teams, it sucks for the loyal ones who didn't get the reward to see other vikings have what they don't for fighting on that team at that time. If this is the case I will just go get a refund on my collector's edition before it launches. That emblem of power should be a reward for knights who were pledged knights during the open beta, and only be a frame for the knights emblem. If they switch teams they should be able to use the frame as a viking or samurai, but if they go back to knights the frame is still there as a knight frame for those who earned it. (In my opinion)

cane2simons
02-13-2017, 09:03 PM
yes but does this apply to ALL knights from now on or only knights exclusive to the ones who won in the open beta is my question :D:D:D

DemeDesu
02-13-2017, 09:06 PM
yes but does this apply to ALL knights from now on or only knights exclusive to the ones who won in the open beta is my question :D:D:D

i'm assuming it only applies to people who were knights in the open beta.

TyraelThunder
02-13-2017, 09:24 PM
Have you been Knight in Open Beta?

Edit:
It must be the "standard" golden frame. Didnīt look right first...I took it also in the Betas.

TyraelThunder
02-13-2017, 09:28 PM
I was samurai in the TT then i went to Viking for the closed beta and Open beta. Never been a knight

Itīs a standard frame, I edited my post above.

AwokenGenius
02-14-2017, 01:28 AM
I played Alpha, Closed and Open Beta. Didn't get any rewards...

High_King_Eric
02-14-2017, 01:29 AM

I would just like to know if those who earned the emblem of power frames who played as knights during the open beta will be able to use those frames around their Viking or samurai shields if they switch factions for whatever reason.

This concerns me because those of us who actually played on our teams won't be able to have such frames and it would be weird and unfair to see players use an emblem that the the loyal followers of the losing factions did not get while those players who switch after the fact will get to rep the frame on that faction that they didn't want to help win.

I believe (even though my opinion doesn't matter which is why I'm asking for verification) that not only should it be an exclusive emblem for the players who participated on the winning team, but it should also be a team exclusive emblem/reward as well. Meaning they should only be able to be rep'd while there allegiance is that team. If they switch factions that reward shouldnt be able to be used by while they r on the factions that didn't win. Once they switch back to knights they can rep it again. Please reply @UbiNoty I would be deeply upset to see unloyal Vikings rep a reward that loyal Vikings wanted but did not receive.

Vakris_One
02-14-2017, 02:22 AM
Hi UbiNoty,

What do the folks who participated in the alphas and tech tests get? I was in every other testing phase, except closed beta (never got an invitation) and I provided a ton of valuable feedback. It would really suck if only those who got into the Closed Beta get exclusive emblems.

AwokenGenius
02-14-2017, 02:35 AM
If you go to the Ubisoft Club, you can see there is rewards from participants in the Alpha, Closed and Open Beta.
As well as the faction war winners pack.

Currently they're unavailable. To more than just me, I think to everyone.

Hardcore47Hero
02-14-2017, 02:46 AM
I would just like to know if those who earned the emblem of power frames who played as knights during the open beta will be able to use those frames around their Viking or samurai shields if they switch factions for whatever reason.

This concerns me because those of us who actually played on our teams won't be able to have such frames and it would be weird and unfair to see players use an emblem that the the loyal followers of the losing factions did not get while those players who switch after the fact will get to rep the frame on that faction that they didn't want to help win.

I believe (even though my opinion doesn't matter which is why I'm asking for verification) that not only should it be an exclusive emblem for the players who participated on the winning team, but it should also be a team exclusive emblem/reward as well. Meaning they should only be able to be rep'd while there allegiance is that team. If they switch factions that reward shouldnt be able to be used by while they r on the factions that didn't win. Once they switch back to knights they can rep it again. Please reply @UbiNoty I would be deeply upset to see unloyal Vikings rep a reward that loyal Vikings wanted but did not receive.
You would rather the players feel compelled to remain in the knight faction in order to use their reward, rather than have them join your cause and contribute to your factions chance of winning? I mean I could understand you being upset about seeing Vikings/Samurais use that reward, IF you were in the Knights faction, because then they would have abandoned your faction and still get to use the reward, but if they are joining your faction, why is it a big deal that they get to use an emblem that they helped their old faction achieve?

High_King_Eric
02-14-2017, 03:16 AM
You would rather the players feel compelled to remain in the knight faction in order to use their reward, rather than have them join your cause and contribute to your factions chance of winning? I mean I could understand you being upset about seeing Vikings/Samurais use that reward, IF you were in the Knights faction, because then they would have abandoned your faction and still get to use the reward, but if they are joining your faction, why is it a big deal that they get to use an emblem that they helped their old faction achieve?

I am all for them using the emblem they earned but if they wanted to use them with the other factions they should have tried to win with that faction. I tried to win with the faction I wanted the emblem for and lost so no emblem. He won during the "open beta season" with that faction so that award should apply to that faction. In future seasons of the war I feel there should be some reason to choose wisely to which faction u want to contribute to. If u win the awards for that season because ur faction won they should apply to that faction. If u start jumping around teams ur rewards will be with those teams. If they decide the rewards will carry over then screw it I guess I'll just be hopping around teams to get every reward in the future then. We should all just pick the same faction so nobody misses out on rewards and screw the faction wars. I don't need like missing ANY exclusives. But I was willing to if my team lost out as a whole because we lost together. But if they carry over cross teams then future people on my team can have something I didn't get despite me being loyal? Then there's no reason to be loyal to any team. A part of me wants to not play the game at all because I missed the exclusive. But if it makes sense I missed out along with my entire team who lost it wouldn't have been because I "chose wrong" this season it will be because "hey my team lost this season we missed out. We will win next time". insay the community should just coordinate at that point and say "hey if there's ever a season reward u want just temporarily join knights, that faction will be he only ones tactically deploying assets, then when the season is over hop where u want. And we could just decide for everyone else to just play for fun on the other teams. Idk if reading that it makes my point clear but idk i feel faction loyalty should be established yes. Keeping that emblem on the knights only will keep those loyal to knights where they belong. If someone is willing to change to my team of course I'd love more bodies for the fight, but at that point while ur on our team u don't get the rewards u earned elsewhere, unless U go back. And for future rewards u earn with us or ur new team u can rep them if u stay with us. Sry for grammar I'm texting this from my phone. Please don't read this angry it's just my opinion. I will try to play the game regardless of what the choice is, but I know as there more exclusives I miss out on when I lose only to see people switch to my team After and have that exclusive will just annoy me more and more. If U fight for a faction during a certain season, then any rewards won from said season should be for ur account for that faction. If u have a MAIN faction u play then when there r good exclusives u will want them for ur main faction. I will try to get every reward I can for my main faction Vikings. If my faction loses then no reward for us. No having the reward if u switch to us because the team didn't earn it. I am beating the crap out of his dead horse lol sorry for repetitive explanations

PacTheManlyMan
02-14-2017, 08:05 AM
I am all for them using the emblem they earned but if they wanted to use them with the other factions they should have trie...

Who do you expect to read that wall of text dude?
Make it short and pointfull if you want people to read your opinion about this.

But I get the gist. However, every season will bring rewards. It would be pointless to give the rewards to be only available to the faction that won because players like to switch it up every now and again.
The emblems should be available to all factions for the faction that won the last season. That's all there is to it. I don't understand why you take it so hard.

High_King_Eric
02-14-2017, 11:48 AM
Who do you expect to read that wall of text dude?
Make it short and pointfull if you want people to read your opinion about this.

But I get the gist. However, every season will bring rewards. It would be pointless to give the rewards to be only available to the faction that won because players like to switch it up every now and again.
The emblems should be available to all factions for the faction that won the last season. That's all there is to it. I don't understand why you take it so hard.

sry for the long messages lol not really big on using forums, and ya I just wanted to know, Just isn't right imo but still no big deal

K3NDOWOLF
02-14-2017, 12:41 PM
Played open and closed beta as samurai, can't unlock the related items in the Ubisoft Club.

Barbotin
02-16-2017, 09:16 PM

Hey UbiNoty.
Is it possible, as AwokenGenius pointed out, that it may be unavailable so far? I've been looking on linked website as well as on Ubisoft Club, but there's nothing to find. There are some "beta rewards" but the golden frame can't be found anywhere on my end. (and yes, Knight, and then Knight, and Knight some more)