PDA

View Full Version : revenge broke this game

isthil89
02-12-2017, 11:11 PM
take the gear stat out when people get high gear score and max out revenge stats they will get revenge in every 1v1 which will break the game

Flello
02-12-2017, 11:29 PM
+1

This is a huge problem, and everyone hasn't a clue, if nothing is done about it, I'll give this game a week before gear stats break the mechanic.

PiccardsFlute
02-12-2017, 11:33 PM
I absolutely agree. In fact it should go a step further and punish those people. There is no reason revenge should be in duel or brawl at all, disable it, period. Don't know what dev thought going from a warrior to a freaking god on the battlefield was a good idea for how to handle revenge. There are just too many things stacked in your favor once u get revenge. I can see a small buff but more health, more dmg, uninterruptible attacks, knock down when throwing and parrying, auto parry when activated. Even typing that was exhausting, why the hell is there such a long list of bonuses for simply blocking some attacks and taking some damage.

zesilo
02-12-2017, 11:35 PM
It isn't the end of the world if someone gets revenge though? I've killed multiple people most likely because revenge made them turn to full on attack, then I just deflect combo to kill them.

GNASHSAMA
02-12-2017, 11:36 PM
take the gear stat out when people get high gear score and max out revenge stats they will get revenge in every 1v1 which will break the game

If you played the closed beta. You'd realize full-heartedly that the Revenge didn't break the game. It saved it.

There was no revenge in the past and you could easily 4v1 a person and it wasn't fun.

Now you can at least hold your own in a 1v4 until your team comes running to your aid or it can allow you to disengage. In a 1v4 where you whole team is dead, it can allow you to make some Godlike comebacks and feel like a badass against people just running at you spamming attacks, dealing damage to each other due to friendly fire.

And as for the revenge in a 1v1, it doesn't matter. You can just parry their attacks and continuously block until their Revenge mode runs out. It's a matter of strategic use. If you just spam attacks constantly without guard breaking or outplaying an opponent, then it's your own fault. I can still win a 1v1 even if they use revenge.

Flello
02-13-2017, 12:03 AM
If you played the closed beta. You'd realize full-heartedly that the Revenge didn't break the game. It saved it.

There was no revenge in the past and you could easily 4v1 a person and it wasn't fun.

Now you can at least hold your own in a 1v4 until your team comes running to your aid or it can allow you to disengage. In a 1v4 where you whole team is dead, it can allow you to make some Godlike comebacks and feel like a badass against people just running at you spamming attacks, dealing damage to each other due to friendly fire.

And as for the revenge in a 1v1, it doesn't matter. You can just parry their attacks and continuously block until their Revenge mode runs out. It's a matter of strategic use. If you just spam attacks constantly without guard breaking or outplaying an opponent, then it's your own fault. I can still win a 1v1 even if they use revenge.

It saved the game? Are you actually serious? Haha, you're crazy. It's broken as hell. I've said this previously in another post, the revenge mechanic itself is mostly fine, without added gear stats, if you get jumped by two people and manage to hold your own for a few seconds then you deserve it. However when gear stats come into play it's broken, just gear for revenge and you can kick it off in any situation (including 1v1) with around 3 blocks/parries.

On this final day of beta the average player I was being match with had around 50 gear score (highest was 90), and even at that level people were kicking it off about 5 seconds into combat, and then again about 4 blocks later. And before you say it's easily counterable, try playing against a 4 stack all stacking revenge gear, then tell me it's not broken.

Mr.0reo
02-13-2017, 12:04 AM
Why you don't run away? When i see someone with revenge mode i just unlock and run away LOL.

Or i just push them off the cliff.

tcs1991.ts
02-13-2017, 12:22 AM
It saved the game? Are you actually serious? Haha, you're crazy. It's broken as hell. I've said this previously in another post, the revenge mechanic itself is mostly fine, without added gear stats, if you get jumped by two people and manage to hold your own for a few seconds then you deserve it. However when gear stats come into play it's broken, just gear for revenge and you can kick it off in any situation (including 1v1) with around 3 blocks/parries.

On this final day of beta the average player I was being match with had around 50 gear score (highest was 90), and even at that level people were kicking it off about 5 seconds into combat, and then again before the first one actually expired. And before you say it's easily counterable, try playing against a 4 stack all stacking revenge gear, then tell me it's not broken.

You realize if you gear for revenge you are much.....Much weaker outside of revenge. So theoretically you should be able to kill someone quicker, because even when geared for revenge you don't get a metric ton of revenge from injury. So if someone is getting revenge quickly they are most likely parrying or blocking your attacks. So you are getting out played.

Flello
02-13-2017, 12:41 AM
You realize if you gear for revenge you are much.....Much weaker outside of revenge. So theoretically you should be able to kill someone quicker, because even when geared for revenge you don't get a metric ton of revenge from injury. So if someone is getting revenge quickly they are most likely parrying or blocking your attacks. So you are getting out played.

Let me know your opinion once you play a stacked team with revenge gear. Why does someone deserve revenge for blocking 3 attacks? Characters with the all round block just hit that button for free blocks with no effort. How am I getting outplayed when they can gain revenge in about 3 seconds from combining the revenge gain stats. You blocked 3 attacks, that shouldn't give you a big 'F you' button. The blocked damage is enough reward itself. Don't really understand how you try to justify defending this broken mechanic.

Why you don't run away? When i see someone with revenge mode i just unlock and run away LOL.

Or i just push them off the cliff.

Okay I'll just run away, let them cap my point (Dominion), and then come back so he can kick revenge off again, forcing me to run away again, and again...

Dealing with one player that does this can be okay, but a full team stacking revenge gear is just pointless to fight against.

Trenk2009
02-13-2017, 01:10 AM
To easily solve that problem I think that, instead of removing gear stats, simply enable the revenge build up only when the game consider you are getting 1v2 or more.

Flello
02-13-2017, 01:19 AM
To easily solve that problem I think that, instead of removing gear stats, simply enable the revenge build up only when the game consider you are getting 1v2 or more.

See I used to think that this was a good idea, man was I wrong. Once you hit a certain gear level, 1v1, 2v1, 3v1, it doesn't man a damn thing, if a guys going to kick revenge off after a couple hits/blocks, makes them almost unkillable.

Trenk2009
02-13-2017, 01:46 AM
See I used to think that this was a good idea, man was I wrong. Once you hit a certain gear level, 1v1, 2v1, 3v1, it doesn't man a damn thing, if a guys going to kick revenge off after a couple hits/blocks, makes them almost unkillable.

Did you even read me ?

I said that, in order to avoid getting revenge in 1v1 situations, only enable the revenge meter build up when the game consider you are getting 1v2 or more !

zesilo
02-13-2017, 01:50 AM
Did you even read me ?

I said that, in order to avoid getting revenge in 1v1 situations, only enable the revenge meter build up when the game consider you are getting 1v2 or more !

Or learn to play the game and instead of endlessly smacking into their guard, use guard breaks and other means to damage them?

Flello
02-13-2017, 02:03 AM
Did you even read me ?

I did indeed read your post. I think you are misunderstanding me. Yes your idea would fix the 1v1 situation, but it wouldn't solve the overall issue that no matter the number of players, if you have high level revenge gear you can build it ridiculously fast. No one should have the ability to activate revenge 2-3 times in a single fight, no matter how many players there are.

lsis-chan
02-13-2017, 02:12 AM
I thought gear stats only affected Dominion and Elimination..? Was I wrong?
Also, if you're complaining about Revenge- you must be one of the those guys who can't do **** in 1v1's.
Leading people to your teammates when you can't win individual fights, and still getting ****ed.

Had a guy like that playing as Nobushi talk **** on me for using Warden in Dominion.

Flello
02-13-2017, 02:28 AM
I thought gear stats only affected Dominion and Elimination..? Was I wrong?
Also, if you're complaining about Revenge- you must be one of the those guys who can't do **** in 1v1's.
Leading people to your teammates when you can't win individual fights, and still getting ****ed.

Had a guy like that playing as Nobushi talk **** on me for using Warden in Dominion.

How do you work that one out? Your argument has me seriously confused. Yes gear stats are only applied in those two modes, I play those because I have 10+ friends online at a time. And can't do anything in 1v1? I win majority of my 1v1s actually, but this is irrelevant. Gear with revenge stats causes it to build stupidly fast, it doesn't matter how may people are involved in the fight.

Trash talking on the assumption of my playstyle doesn't make your argument anymore valid. At least construct a decent argument using your personal opinions on the relevant topic.

lsis-chan
02-13-2017, 02:40 AM
I wasn't talking to you in the first place. I was talking to the creator of the post.
He made this based on the presumption that these Gear Stats were applicable in all game modes.

I have no intention of "keeping my personal opinions" out of this topic, especially considering that nothing that you have said is fact and is almost all completley comprised of subjective opinions. I just felt that if you complain about the Revenge mechanic, you must be someone who actively partakes in ganging up on other players.

Also, I had my Revenge Gained by Injury and Revenge Gained by Defense stats both nearly maxed out due to my Heroic gear that I gained in the Open Beta, and I have no recollection of ever completing my Revenge meter in a 1v1 fight while playing Elimination or Dominion.. Mostly because the players who weren't afraid of singling me were more than capable of guard-breaking and efficiently dealing with me in a way that wouldn't allow me to just incessantly build up my Revenge Meter.

I personally feel that there is nothing wrong with the Revenge mechanic, or the ability to build up certain stats. I do feel that some stats should be made more relevant in the game, such as Debuff Resistance and other things like that- but I don't think there's anything wrong with spec'ing your character out to build up Revenge quickly in this Warzone-like Gamemode.

Flello
02-13-2017, 02:58 AM
I wasn't talking to you in the first place. I was talking to the creator of the post.
He made this based on the presumption that these Gear Stats were applicable in all game modes.

I have no intention of "keeping my personal opinions" out of this topic, especially considering that nothing that you have said is fact and is almost all completley comprised of subjective opinions. I just felt that if you complain about the Revenge mechanic, you must be someone who actively partakes in ganging up on other players.

Also, I had my Revenge Gained by Injury and Revenge Gained by Defense stats both nearly maxed out due to my Heroic gear that I gained in the Open Beta, and I have no recollection of ever completing my Revenge meter in a 1v1 fight while playing Elimination or Dominion.. Mostly because the players who weren't afraid of singeing me were more than capable of guard-breaking and efficiently dealing with me in a way that wouldn't allow me to just incessantly build up my Revenge Meter.

I personally feel that there is nothing wrong with the Revenge mechanic, or the ability to build up certain stats. I do feel that some stats should be made more relevant in the game, such as Debuff Resistance and other things like that- but I don't think there's anything wrong with spec'ing your character out to build up Revenge quickly in this Warzone-like Gamemode.

If that's the case then I do apologise. Right now all we can really do is speculate and base our opinions on personal experiences, since the game fails to state actual numbers. You get some text and a bar, even certain feats lack information. Descriptions of what a specific stat does and numbers would be extremely helpful, as some aren't made very clear.

I do honestly think that revenge needs to be toned down somewhat, it's not even about 'ganking' anymore, revenge tends to build ridiculously fast no matter the number of players. However, I do completely respect your opinion regardless whether you agree or not.

lsis-chan
02-13-2017, 03:08 AM
I appreciate the civilized response! For now, we can agree to disagree on the topic of the revenge perk.
After the full-release has been out for a bit, I'd definitely like to see some sort of community discussion or poll to find out the majority's opinion on this topic. Hopefully we can have a more informed and intellectual discussion when that time comes.

Flello
02-13-2017, 03:25 AM
I appreciate the civilized response! For now, we can agree to disagree on the topic of the revenge perk.
After the full-release has been out for a bit, I'd definitely like to see some sort of community discussion or poll to find out the majority's opinion on this topic. Hopefully we can have a more informed and intellectual discussion when that time comes.

To be honest I think that this is one of the biggest things this forums lacks. If more people displayed their opinions in a more constructive and respectful manner then it would have so many more benefits, from the devs being more likely to listen to building a much better community.

I do agree that full judgment should be reserved until there has been significant hours sunk into the full version, as the beta didn't even include a nice chunk of the content.

droper66
02-13-2017, 03:31 AM
Revenge is fine, only bad players wont destroy someone 1v2 even with revenge.

feuerundblut
02-13-2017, 03:32 AM
I agree, revenge is way over the top at the moment. It's getting annoying. Hope they will tuned down its effect soon.