PDA

View Full Version : Beta is over. What are your thoughts and stuff?

PanzerShrekonin
02-12-2017, 11:03 PM
So for me, I had fun. The final day of the beta, I found out that I actually really enjoyed playing Orochi. I just played him today and wow hes actaully alot of fun. I didn't realize how difficult it is for him due to the guard braek being limited. Thats def something I learned.

But I enjoy him. I do really with my deflects, but my biggest issue is always going for the awesome heavy and I take alot of damage without getting the hit off. But thats just practice for me.

I got the Gold Edition a couple days ago, so I will be here for release. Gonna be a Lawbringer + Orochi main who plays for the Vikings. I am a mess. haha.

My thoughts are, there are defintely classes stronger than others, but the game is still very fun. Nothing is OP but alot of classes have alot better kits than others. I think its a great game and cant wait for more balancing to come forth.

What are your thoughts?

X.Openf1re
02-12-2017, 11:11 PM
coudnt agree with you more man. im planning on maining Orochi as he was by far the most fun for me, and gonna be playing for the vikings also :)

Stupple
02-12-2017, 11:12 PM
some class are Op and some very hard to counter witch in ways make them feel OP.

bad news i sill feel this game pushing out to fast as in in come out in 2 days. and then just did open Beta with some bug then have in other betas.

but sill like it nothing feel good when you take out 3 people on 1v3 when class are so close balances.

isthil89
02-12-2017, 11:12 PM
revenge stat on gear broke this game

Orisoll
02-12-2017, 11:19 PM
One elimination match had me fighting 2v1 across the top of a canyon. I focused on defense and managed to execute one of them before being pushed off by the survivor. I didn't die from the fall (somehow) and rolled out of the way just in time to avoid his death from above. I ran to get a power-up and had to race the guy's catapult strike on the way back to him, barely jumping out of the AOE with a shield charge, which incidentally knocked him over and let me finish him off with a catapult strike exploding in the background.

In short, it was awesome.

StabbyMcOP
02-12-2017, 11:20 PM
Really enjoyed it, very different from other games I usually play. Played all the classes and for the first 24 hours I wanted to throw the computer out of the window as I just could not get used to the block!!
But, after reading forums and reddit and a few little tweaks,(I am using KBM), all was great! Very fun.

I settled on the Nobushi and ramped up my speed and revive abilities and loved running about helping the team whilst able to still 1v1 and sometimes even 1v2!

Few issues I have so far,

People should be rezzed with less than 100% health I believe, 50-70% would be fine. Makes the rezzed think about just charging straight back in.
People on top of ladders from your own team should be somehow forced to move after a while, tedious to climb and realise the guy has either dc'ed or is just sitting there waiting to slide kill someone!
At the end of Dominion I sometimes found myself the only one alive in the team, and because of my setup I could not be caught. After the teams rez timers go of, there is no way,(at least that I know of~), to "turn the tide of war". Even if i cap points. Would be interesting if the last man standing could do something to bring the team back together.

But I bought the game this morning and really looking forward to the full version,

Good Luck All

Shades.z
02-12-2017, 11:23 PM
I loved it. Aside from yesterday being particularly frustrating for me (my moves failed 80% of the time) and some really frustrating UI choices, the gameplay is awesome. I can't wait to get the game and find some people to counter zerging in dominion. Kensei and Warlord were an unexpected favorite for me xD

xJayzenx
02-12-2017, 11:34 PM
I had a blast playing the open beta this weekend. Sure, there are a few issues, but nothing game breaking that I could tell. Servers were a little annoying at times though....

I played Raider for about 95% of the time just because I always enjoyed playing a 2h barbarian type class in any game. Although, fighting a Orochi was extremely annoying. I'm an older chap and my reflexes are not what they use to be, so I'll need a bit more practice. Overall I was happy at how I preformed, winning most 1v1 battles. Enough to make me purchase the game due to it being "rewarding".

Looking forward to being a part of this game and watching it prosper.

GO VIKINGS!

APXIIII
02-12-2017, 11:51 PM
It is pretty fun game.

JudgeGavri-EL
02-13-2017, 01:17 AM
Nothing is OP as long as you know how you play the game and you've mastered the character you are going to play.

At first I thought, Orochi is OP because on one else was able to beat me, only until I've fought a guy using Warden who can block my attacks, counter my guardbreaks, and see through my feint that i've realized that Nothing is OP as long as you know how to play. we ended up on a stalemate, and enjoyed the intense Duel and Brawl matches. Much respect for that guy, the strongest player I've fought so far.