PDA

View Full Version : Come on guys, don't waste Oleg's time with that FW190.

XyZspineZyX
06-21-2003, 09:29 PM
I've been away from this forums for a while and blimey... I can't believe there's almost 500 posts going on about that gunsight on the FW-190! Get out more guys, it's summer out there!

We all have our personal opinion about how things should be, but Oleg has been christal clear with this issue. Just drop it please... Don't waste his time. He has other things to fix.

It's just a game, it'll never be 100% real. What do you expect for a mere 35? NASA's flightsim?

And BTW, it's not called "FW-190" it's called "IL2-Sturmovik", just in case you didn't notice /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

RANT=OFF

Back to Max...

http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/haddock/sig/glad_01.jpg

XyZspineZyX
06-21-2003, 09:29 PM
I've been away from this forums for a while and blimey... I can't believe there's almost 500 posts going on about that gunsight on the FW-190! Get out more guys, it's summer out there!

We all have our personal opinion about how things should be, but Oleg has been christal clear with this issue. Just drop it please... Don't waste his time. He has other things to fix.

It's just a game, it'll never be 100% real. What do you expect for a mere 35? NASA's flightsim?

And BTW, it's not called "FW-190" it's called "IL2-Sturmovik", just in case you didn't notice /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

RANT=OFF

Back to Max...

http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/haddock/sig/glad_01.jpg

XyZspineZyX
06-21-2003, 09:44 PM
yet *another* FW190 thread.http://www.boardy.de/images/smilies/kopfpatsch.gif

XyZspineZyX
06-21-2003, 09:52 PM
lame. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

XyZspineZyX
06-21-2003, 10:05 PM
Too bad you don't bother reading.

It is not about opinion. It is about the mainstay fighter of one side having over 20% of the downward view through the gunsight blocked off. Good luck in deflection shooting or even keeping track of what the target is doing if you are attempting a lead turn to close in.

This if for the whole line of superiority fighters for one side. The other choice is lighter armed and armored, will not carry as much ordinance (downward view cutoff hurts in low angle bomb delivery, but then the robo-killer AA and tanks make that not such a big deal for both sides) and is generally an older and slower design year for year.

The problem is not only fighting in one, but anyone with a sense of honor should have some trouble attacking against a handicapped foe. Go ahead, beat on the guy wearing the thick glasses with the heavy frames... he deserves it for wearing them. To be proud of beating a handicapped enemy is to be morally and somewhat mentally handicapped oneself. There are squads that demonstrate this.

This can be fixed and should be. The measurements prove that the view is cut so far and the fix is entirely possible. the effect is pretty damn drastic considering where it is (gunsight view blocked) and affects all FW190's so far. Given that they are the main fighter for the LW side and it can be fixed then I have no choice but to agree that there must be something wrong if it is not.

For once, I can't find anything wrong with the "Luftwhiner" claims and in fact found that they are MEASUREABLY RIGHT using only the sim itself and no outside materials or references. OLEG says there is 4 degrees and the FW company says only 3. There is NOT 4 degrees or even 3, but less than 2 1/2. This is wrong by 21% of 3 degrees. The moon is not so wide as the blocked view, so don't call it a little.

Neal

XyZspineZyX
06-21-2003, 10:20 PM
i think the 190 has other things blocking the view... hmmm, maybe those HUGE beams on either side of the gunsight. seriously, those things restrict sight more than anything else, so visibility will be bad no matter what.

XyZspineZyX
06-21-2003, 10:49 PM
Capt_Haddock wrote:
- I've been away from this forums for a while and
- blimey... I can't believe there's almost 500 posts
- going on about that gunsight on the FW-190! Get out
- more guys, it's summer out there!
-
-
It does seem strange to those of us who don't live on these boards, but there it is! I actually wonder where some folks get the time to devote to that subject!

Anyway, greatly looking forward to your Gloster Gladiator. It will be a great enhancement to the game. Thanks for making it!

XyZspineZyX
06-21-2003, 11:00 PM
---HUGE beams on either side of the gunsight. seriously,
---those things restrict sight more than anything else,

Same with MiG~3 and the IL~2. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

XyZspineZyX
06-21-2003, 11:05 PM
LEXX_Luthor wrote:
----HUGE beams on either side of the gunsight. seriously,
----those things restrict sight more than anything else,
-
- Same with MiG~3 and the IL~2.

yea man, check out the mig3's pit. if i remember correctly, there's about two notches on the bottom vertical line of the gunsight that are blocked by a bar. hmm, there's about two notches on the fw190's reticle that are blocked by a bar too. now i wonder why no one complains about the mig3, but everybody hops on the 190 wagon.

in case you're dense it's because not many people fly the mig. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
06-21-2003, 11:55 PM
*a little golfapplause*
And yes summer is here!/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
Nice Gladiator!

www.f19vs.tk (http://www.f19vs.tk)

http://www.gbg.bonet.se/bjorta/F19-Gazoo-IDCard-sm.gif

XyZspineZyX
06-22-2003, 12:22 AM
Dave?

I detect a problem with the Lufft AE-35 unit.

It will fail in 72 hours.

You should go outside and fix it. /i/smilies/16x16_robot-wink.gif

<center>http://www.churchofthegrey.com/coolferret/hal9000/hal2.jpg <marquee>Daisy, Daisy, Give me your answer do! I'm half crazy, All for the love of you!...</marquee></center>

XyZspineZyX
06-22-2003, 12:24 AM
Timmothias wrote:
- yea man, check out the mig3's pit. if i remember
- correctly, there's about two notches on the bottom
- vertical line of the gunsight that are blocked by a
- bar. hmm, there's about two notches on the fw190's
- reticle that are blocked by a bar too.

Maybe mig3 have 2 times bigger revi then fw? http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.
Btw. dont worry about Oleg, if he doesnt read something he wont. You do only mess with unnesessery topic...

Fly fast, stay high, shoot to kill.

XyZspineZyX
06-22-2003, 12:29 AM
EDIT:: Actually, MiG~3 gunsight is cut off at the bottom, almost as much as Fw. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

But MiG~3 gunsight is crystal clear glass. Yum. http://www.boardy.de/images/smilies/ylflower.gif

Yak~9 have black smoked glass, much worse than Fw190. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

At least you can see through Fw gunsight. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Message Edited on 06/21/0311:37PM by LEXX_Luthor

XyZspineZyX
06-22-2003, 01:06 AM
The great number of posts/threads regarding the FW190's gunsight view give a pretty good indication of how much it bothers a lot of people.
Possibly due to the volume of questions and arguments, Oleg chose to respond with his position on the matter. Now various parties have offered reasonable rebuttals to that position.
Oleg has stated several times that he is sure the detail is already correct and that it will not be changed - however his bottom line is that the sim is as authentic as possible (within tech constraints). Hence the dialogue continues in the hope of convincing him that a small change would be reasonable.

Cheers

Athos

"Then the soldier, Full of strange oaths, and bearded like the pard, Jealous in honor, sudden and quick in quarrel,
Seeking the bubble reputation even in the cannon's mouth" W.S

XyZspineZyX
06-22-2003, 01:24 AM
no offense but...

i think it's a situation where people are "jumping on the bandwagon." there were a few people who either wanted the 190 changed because they couldnt see out of its pit, or were genuinely concerned about the realistic-ness of it. they provided a few pictures that looked like it could actually be mis-drawn. then others were convinced (heck i was too for a while) and started to ask for the change as well. oleg says no, and the guys throw out more theories. more people see the billions of threads and posts out there, and many are convinced it needs to be changed.

anyways, the truth is you can argue it either way. what really matters is that it's not that big of a deal. if it's unchanged, you'll still be able to fly and shoot down planes like you were meant to be. hell, if you really wanted to, you can find 20 more minor errors that might need to be changed. the only reason that this one is being argued so heavily is because everyone makes it sound like if this is changed, the fw 190 will suddenly become a great plane with fantastic forward visibility, and the fact is it will have hardly any affect. sorry but i doubt that anything less than removing the entire cockpit will allow for high deflection shots as some of the proponents have convinced themselves it will. in any plane, a high angle deflection shot will be difficult because your friggin cockpit is in the way. if you guys did get it changed, i think you would be surprised at how little has actually changed. if you sat someone down and asked if they saw anything different between how it is now, and how you want it, i'd be amazed if they did.

whew. resting fingers now..

XyZspineZyX
06-22-2003, 01:30 AM
LOCK

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4jz7i/ls.gif

Good dogfighters bring ammo home, Great ones don't. (c) Leadspitter

XyZspineZyX
06-22-2003, 01:56 AM
Athosd noted::
---Now various parties have offered reasonable rebuttals to that position.

True, and I liked some of them, but these reasonable Fw Parties let the Fw clowns run their show. You get tired of wimpy pus like..."Oleg is biased against VVS/Russia because the Yak~9U has black gunsight glass."

(oops, this is Fw thread, off topic sorry ) /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

The Fw Parties couldn't get organized, in the end, I mostly abstained from voting.

Vote::
__(1) Big Bar
__(2) Low Seat
__(3) Low Revi
__(4) Tails Up
__(5) Refraction
__(6) Padded Silk High Chair
__(7) write in (_______ _______)

XyZspineZyX
06-22-2003, 02:04 AM
Actualy the more of the FW 190 posts I read, the more I become convinced Oleg has got it right, and you guys dont want to wear it.
Non of your photographs or explainations really describes or shows any difference to me, other than a pilot with a tall torso may have an advantage sitting in the 190.

They just where not built with views the way you want guys, its that simple.
It will be interesting to see how long it takes for the FW 190 whiner posts to die, if 1C retains its policy of nothing will change.
Chuckle
We could end up with an FW whining patch in a Sim created 5 years from now by 1c perhaps.

Who knows they would probably be locked every time they appear by then,
Its been interesting to note despite hundreds of whinging posts, not one thing has changed in regards to the FW 190.
Yet still they persist.
There would have to be thousands of posts to make a change, and most people who fly this Sim could not care less about the alledged FW situation according to a few people who post all the time about it.
For 1C to change the FW 190, they would first need the time which they do not currently have.
Also they would need literally thousands of posts from individual gamers, to give seriouse consideration to even re looking at it.
Not hundreds of posts from the same people, making nuisance of themselves.

Still there is one Vain hope for all FW 190 lovers, it would seem one FW thread has been allowed to stay open.
There must be a reason behind that, perhaps 1C are looking for real justification for change, in future.
Perhaps nobody yet has prooven 1C wrong, remember in 1cs opinion not yours.

Very important point not to be over looked.

XyZspineZyX
06-22-2003, 02:14 AM
Heuristic_ALgor wrote:
- Dave?
-
- I detect a problem with the Lufft AE-35 unit.
-
- It will fail in 72 hours.
-
- You should go outside and fix it.

ROFLMAO!!! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif Best post ever in Oleg Maddox's Ready Room!!! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

By the way, "2001: a space Odyssey" is the best film ever, too.

---------------------------------------
"Halcones Rojos" virtual squadron

http://alianza.meristation.com/halcones

XyZspineZyX
06-22-2003, 03:29 AM
Enough! You know where the thread concerning FW gripes is please use it!

<fontsize=2>Unofficial IL-2 Community FAQ (http://mudmovers.com/sturmovik_101/FAQ.htm)
<fontsize=2>Hunter82's Tech Pages (http://mudmovers.com/tech/tech_pages.htm)