PDA

View Full Version : BOT skill level

RoosterIlluzion
02-12-2017, 07:50 PM
Either the BOTs have the difficulty setting too high as default, or the Nobushi is waaaay OP. A level 2 BOT decimated my Warden. I've played Alpha, closed beta, and now open beta. I'd say I'm fairly skilled enough with the warden as that's the main character I play. So what gives?

PackingMoney
02-12-2017, 07:54 PM
Either the BOTs have the difficulty setting too high as default, or the Nobushi is waaaay OP. A level 2 BOT decimated my Warden. I've played Alpha, closed beta, and now open beta. I'd say I'm fairly skilled enough with the warden as that's the main character I play. So what gives?

Maybe you are not as good as you think. Perhaps think about both characters and their weaknesses.

RoosterIlluzion
02-12-2017, 08:32 PM
Let's have a duel. I'm not great like the kids who have 18 hours a day to play, but I'm pretty good. Obviously you have no valid answers as to why the BOTs are unbeatable. Like I said, Nobushi is probably unbalanced.

PackingMoney
02-12-2017, 08:37 PM
Let's have a duel. I'm not great like the kids who have 18 hours a day to play, but I'm pretty good. Obviously you have no valid answers as to why the BOTs are unbeatable. Like I said, Nobushi is probably unbalanced.

They are very much beatable, even the level 3s.

XOsamaBinHidnX
02-12-2017, 08:41 PM

get gud

Ryen91
02-12-2017, 08:43 PM
I feel you probably overdose on heavy I can beat level2 and 3 no problem, simply parry counter with light attacks win everytime against a bot

RoosterIlluzion
02-12-2017, 08:44 PM
But, you're too scared to duel me? Lmao you get "good"

Karma_Ghost
02-12-2017, 08:45 PM
Nobushi bots are easier to deal with than players. They won't use the escape roll and they tend to use easily parryable heavy attacks after the initial light combo. Top guard to protect yourself from bleeds and try to dash in. Once you get close enough, just spam light attacks. Nobushi's attacks have slower start ups than your warden. If you just stay on the offense, it can't really do anything.

RoosterIlluzion
02-12-2017, 10:45 PM
I wonder if the BOTs are similar to Forzas drivatars, and use player algorithms based on their play, since they have player names.

WTWR_Zydrate
02-12-2017, 10:52 PM
I mained a warden and the shield class seems to have countered me every time, both AI and player alike.

Typically however, I just tire bots out. I let them do their initial flurry and get exhausted, then I unleash my hell.

Yefrign
02-12-2017, 11:17 PM
Honestly I love the bot difficulty, lv 1 bots are fairly simple. they dont use that much of the game mechanics and can still surprise you from time to time. lv 2 bots use guard breaks. unblockables and actually try to position you around the map (like throwing you into walls/off ledges and what have you)

I have enough of a hard time playing Lv2 bots... haven't even DARED to go see lv 3 bots yet.

Personally as a predominately PvE player... the overall bot difficulty feels GREAT. I can still get a challenge/hard time against bots and I couldn't be happier for it. I only wish that when I do PvE Dominion/elimination modes in the faction war that you can choose the bod difficulty or something. (I THINK it changes depending on your gear level... so if your team has a high gear level, the bot difficulty goes up... I COULD be wrong about this)

Noellessa2016
02-12-2017, 11:17 PM
I main Nobushi, and while the bots can be hard, I believe skilled humans are harder. I don't see the bots using hidden stance often at all, and they also don't tend to 'poke and backstep' a lot // they tend to be like most bots who are over aggressive which leads to predictable blocking. I also don't remember bots ever using the left/right swing like attack that you use after quickstepping to the left or right.

Like many have said, play the class a bit yourself if you haven't and it is easy to find and exploit their flaws since you'll know what they are doing (for example, that they don't need to guard break to kick you, or that a non-GB kick can and often will be followed up by a poison high attack since you can do it with 1 button after that non-GB kick instead of the usual 3). Just playing vs. bots isn't good enough, I think - I think you need to take any class that's giving you problems into 1v1 AI (as that class, so you learn their moveset by playing the class itself). Just some thoughts about why that Nobushi bot may have been giving you so many issues. Personally as a Nobushi, the lvl 3 bots that give me the hardest times are the shield carriers... >.<

TarunaMeow
02-12-2017, 11:23 PM
Personally I had no issues with the bot difficulty, I actually loved that it was automatically set to level 2 in Brawl vs AI.

Stenier
02-12-2017, 11:46 PM
Yep. I kill lvl 3 bots easy, they are good, but they are still bots.
Master your defence skills, learn feinting, learn coutering guardbreaks and parrying. Only then you can be a good warden.
Screenshot of my gear through open beta. (3 rep closed beta 3 rep open beta)
https://pp.vk.me/c638320/v638320183/4a25c/v7AZdLG3faM.jpg

Spork_48
02-12-2017, 11:49 PM
How in Valhalla did you get to rep 3 lvl 16 in the open beta??