PDA

View Full Version : Every patch makes this game worse. Not better.

x_KingSolomon_x
02-12-2017, 07:08 PM
Say what you want. 1 v 1 I'll murder your peacekeepers. Peacekeepers are seriously broken. So much so they are the leading character in the game. Requires no skill or strategy.

The moves consist ONLY of super over ranged lunge strike followed by a ridiculously over powered grab. That move should not take off over half of your life. Absolutely ******ed if anyone thinks it's balanced. And that literally is all pathetic players do. Their side dodge is so fastrong is almost impossible to counter properly or avoid the grab which follow 95% of the time.

The blocking. I have no idea wtf happened. But it's not registering 30% of the time. It wasn't a problem in the previous beta and alpha. So wtf happened?

The Orochi is finally well balanced. BUT WTF Is up with the assassin's stamina. Peacekeeper, Orochi, and the berserker STILL can LITERALLY attack with light strikes constantly. With no worry of tiring out. FIX IT. for the thousandth time. No other characters can do this. Besides the assassin's.

People can say what they want. But the peace keeper and Orochi. Are the constant pick in all game modes. No variety means there is a problem.

The only useless scrubs that will complain are the ones with no time in or the ones who strictly play peacekeeper. So keep your mouth shUT. The only reason you play her is because your utter trash with any other character.

frank1ller
02-12-2017, 08:26 PM
Agreed.

Why trying to get fun and respect people when you can us the easiest way to win by spamming assassin and using the same combo?

why put 12 heros if only 3 are used?

the worsts is that nothing will change in the real game .

Lyskir
02-12-2017, 08:29 PM
Agreed.

Why trying to get fun and respect people when you can us the easiest way to win by spamming assassin and using the same combo?

why put 12 heros if only 3 are used?

the worsts is that nothing will change in the real game .

true that

Funeragon
02-12-2017, 11:19 PM
So basicaly, nerf assassins because they are fast and have a lot agility (low stamina corst on lights ?) i ran out a lot of time of stamina with Orochi because i needed to combo feint and so on.

Why don't u QQ on Warden and his shoulder charge uncounterable
Why don't u QQ on Warlods and spamm headbutt and his push grab (i really tried to make people rage about it on the last day)
Why don't u QQ on the nobushi and the hiden stance ?
Why don't u QQ on the tank and their shield stance ?

Plz come on, did u realized one assassins have a lot of weaknessess/

x_KingSolomon_x
02-12-2017, 11:37 PM
So basicaly, nerf assassins because they are fast and have a lot agility (low stamina corst on lights ?) i ran out a lot of time of stamina with Orochi because i needed to combo feint and so on.

Why don't u QQ on Warden and his shoulder charge uncounterable
Why don't u QQ on Warlods and spamm headbutt and his push grab (i really tried to make people rage about it on the last day)
Why don't u QQ on the nobushi and the hiden stance ?
Why don't u QQ on the tank and their shield stance ?

Plz come on, did u realized one assassins have a lot of weaknessess/

Alright your points are senseless.

Let's break it down. First of all none of your issues. Are game changing. Mine are. The point with the unlimited stamina and the peacekeeper. These issues. Will burn this game. There's 12 characters. Only 2 are the meta. That is a problem.

Wardens shoulder charge. No one plays warden now. Know why? Peacekeeper.

Warlords head bash honestly a side dodge solves completely. Not game changing. Not broken.

The nobushi. The hidden stance honestly changes nothing about the character. It's annoying (along with the constant poking kick combo) but take it away and it just forces more of the annoying I can't play this properly ********. So instead I'll spam light attacks. And that's okay, know why? Because 2 combos. And that stamina is GONE. that happen to the assassin's? NOPE.

but shield stance again sucks. But compared to all the ganking and cowards. It's fair. Considering its only ever really used if that person is being 4 v 1'd.

FOR HONOR was a horrible choice. I've never played a game with so many *******s and cowards. Honestly I was hoping for a game with a learning curve and skill and techniques. Absolutely not the case. Felt that way in the beginning alpha and beta. But this open beta just shows how spamming, button mashing. And using the same move over and over again wins over all. MKX has less BS.side dodges. They are ridiculous and offer zero consequences. I am starting to regret pre ordering this game. It's repeating combos and guard breaks turns this game into something as simple or more simple then chivalry..

Bob__Gnarly
02-12-2017, 11:49 PM
That grab & stab move is a little ridiculous, but once you learn to defend against it, they're not hard to beat.

Oupyz
02-12-2017, 11:53 PM
actually i would consider her fast attack more of a problem than the grab , but that unblockable fast attack she has is i don't know what to say -10% attackspeed on her light attack might solve the problem
by unblockable i mean , that it's 2 fast with no time to react at all , and it's the only class that u cannot react to , thats why she's is broken in my opinion

x_KingSolomon_x
02-13-2017, 02:51 AM
That grab & stab move is a little ridiculous, but once you learn to defend against it, they're not hard to beat.

Hard to beat? Please tell me how you "beat" it? If I grab you. Your being stabbed 3 times. EVERYTIME. Nothing beats it. But avoiding it. And considering all they do is lunge and grab. You'll slip up eventually.

x_KingSolomon_x
02-13-2017, 03:31 AM
You try to lunge at me I parry you, 80% of the time, and after a parry you get a gb, and then you have to hope I dont have a ledge close or gg.

You spam gb, I get some distance and the first time you get close I'll introduce you to my weapon.

You just suck at countering gb and cry for nerfs: try to learn the game instead.

Yeah okay. Sounds all good with words bud. But I'll grab that peacekeeper and have you rage quit. Fact. Because it's what happens. The rest of the moves etc I'd already good. There is no weakness and any good player adapts to someone's tactics. You think your the only one. The fact you think it isn't a problem just tells me your not every good. When actually level up. You deal with more seasoned players who will avoid you until you make a mistake. Or get ganged. These are facts. It takes 2 grabs alone to kill. Let alone any other strikes.

So again. Telling me and what happens are 2 different stories.

Nexuss94
02-13-2017, 03:42 AM
LOL maybe if you git good you might get somewhere vs a PK instead of crybabying on the forums like a child literally a rant thread that this is OP cause "im a noob and cant counter guardbreak a PK"
Do us a favour and not play if you think the game is so bad, we wont miss you theres alot more "OP" things than PK you just dont have the skill to play vs it

GNASHSAMA
02-13-2017, 03:53 AM
Say what you want. 1 v 1 I'll murder your peacekeepers. Peacekeepers are seriously broken. So much so they are the leading character in the game. Requires no skill or strategy.

The moves consist ONLY of super over ranged lunge strike followed by a ridiculously over powered grab. That move should not take off over half of your life. Absolutely ******ed if anyone thinks it's balanced. And that literally is all pathetic players do. Their side dodge is so fastrong is almost impossible to counter properly or avoid the grab which follow 95% of the time.

The blocking. I have no idea wtf happened. But it's not registering 30% of the time. It wasn't a problem in the previous beta and alpha. So wtf happened?

The Orochi is finally well balanced. BUT WTF Is up with the assassin's stamina. Peacekeeper, Orochi, and the berserker STILL can LITERALLY attack with light strikes constantly. With no worry of tiring out. FIX IT. for the thousandth time. No other characters can do this. Besides the assassin's.

People can say what they want. But the peace keeper and Orochi. Are the constant pick in all game modes. No variety means there is a problem.

The only useless scrubs that will complain are the ones with no time in or the ones who strictly play peacekeeper. So keep your mouth shUT. The only reason you play her is because your utter trash with any other character.

Peacekeepers and Orochi alike. Both are high-mobility assassins.

As a Warden I would often parry the top lunge with a top light and then she was dead.

As a Warden I would often parry the side lunge, feint a heavy then use a zone. And wait for stam, and the Orochi would strike again, this time though... they would die by a relentless onslaught of attacks, panicked, they would mistime their block and die to an exhausted heavy, promptly being executed in one of the most glorious fashions imaginable.

Damonrodes
02-13-2017, 03:57 AM
I ran kensei pretty much the full open beta, reached rank 2, and PK's were never that big of a problem for me. I had most trouble with orochi and warlord. That's not to say orochi and warlords were op at high level, I won a few and lost a few. PK's were actually one of the easier to figure and punish. That long leap heavy strike was a death sentence, sidestep light attack to heavy top faint to side. Grab push and punish. Maybe it's just who kensei is strong against Idk, but I didn't find them op at all.

RLTygurr
02-13-2017, 04:01 AM
As a Warden I would often parry the side lunge, feint a heavy then use a zone.

This is probably the only complaint I have as a Warden main, I can easily see how the zone attack is too fast, especially when you feint into it. Nobody is ever ready and all you have to do is play defensive.

In fact, the entire game is defensive. Bad players rush into fights aggressively and get countered and grabbed and punished, then they complain on forums because they don't know patience. I literally had a fight end without more than a few real swings and the time ran out because we were so busy trying to fake the other person out. Me and this guy are great friends now and both have KDA of 4.0 or higher and at least a 75% win/loss ratio on our respective characters (he actually played raider, I played Warden).

Come back to the game when you learn how to work in the confines of the game's rules, then try complaining about something being massively unbalanced. Most people have logged roughly 24 hours into the beta if they were invested. I have over 100 hours. This game is as close to balanced as it's going to get. I hate to be the one to say "git gud" but seriously, some characters just aren't good against others. Assassins are fast and hard to parry, hard to hit. Berzerker (holy ****) is so much fun to play, but easily punished. Peacekeeper is worthless against any good player; they're just so damn predictable. I haven't gotten touched by a peacekeeper in forever since all they do is lunge stab, dodge stab, and then grab for a triple stab (which is a fair amount of damage considering you need to either A) suck at predicting guard breaks or B) be in a helpless position where they get a free non-counterable guard break, which you had to screw up in order to end up in that position). Orochi is fast, and he punishes people whenever he gets a guard break too. He's not called a counter attacker for nothing.

x_KingSolomon_x
02-13-2017, 06:11 AM
LOL maybe if you git good you might get somewhere vs a PK instead of crybabying on the forums like a child literally a rant thread that this is OP cause "im a noob and cant counter guardbreak a PK"
Do us a favour and not play if you think the game is so bad, we wont miss you theres alot more "OP" things than PK you just dont have the skill to play vs it

Yeah I beg you to play me and see where you stand, kid.

X_kingsolomon_X PSN

x_KingSolomon_x
02-13-2017, 06:34 AM
This is probably the only complaint I have as a Warden main, I can easily see how the zone attack is too fast, especially when you feint into it. Nobody is ever ready and all you have to do is play defensive.

In fact, the entire game is defensive. Bad players rush into fights aggressively and get countered and grabbed and punished, then they complain on forums because they don't know patience. I literally had a fight end without more than a few real swings and the time ran out because we were so busy trying to fake the other person out. Me and this guy are great friends now and both have KDA of 4.0 or higher and at least a 75% win/loss ratio on our respective characters (he actually played raider, I played Warden).

Come back to the game when you learn how to work in the confines of the game's rules, then try complaining about something being massively unbalanced. Most people have logged roughly 24 hours into the beta if they were invested. I have over 100 hours. This game is as close to balanced as it's going to get. I hate to be the one to say "git gud" but seriously, some characters just aren't good against others. Assassins are fast and hard to parry, hard to hit. Berzerker (holy ****) is so much fun to play, but easily punished. Peacekeeper is worthless against any good player; they're just so damn predictable. I haven't gotten touched by a peacekeeper in forever since all they do is lunge stab, dodge stab, and then grab for a triple stab (which is a fair amount of damage considering you need to either A) suck at predicting guard breaks or B) be in a helpless position where they get a free non-counterable guard break, which you had to screw up in order to end up in that position). Orochi is fast, and he punishes people whenever he gets a guard break too. He's not called a counter attacker for nothing.

Orochi. Berserker are slow. Compared to a peace keeper.

My dominion is 4.38 in this beta. And my brawl is 7.0. Your better then the average but I'll have you screaming at the TV with my peace keeper. And I can play every character well. Raider and warlord being my best. So yeah I think I hold a fair opinion in saying my tier 2 peacekeeper is broken. I have as many hours as you bud.

Predictable yes

Still over powered. Everyone says the grab is fine which honestly sounds like a bunch of peacekeepers who don't want to lose it. It should be able to be stopped with quick reaction time after a single stab.

The peacekeeper and Orochi are the most picked characters. You can all state what you like. The stats don't lie.

The game lacks variety. And there is a reason for it. They are chosen because of their easy and simple, yet effective playstyle. You can spam light attacks for high damage with virtually no stamina loss. Once you've figured that pattern out a smarter individual will swap for side dodges and gb. I can do it. So can and does EVERYONE else.

Call it a rant. All characters should be able to counter every other character. And they can. For the most part. Besides those examples. Unless your also the assassin. You shouldn't be forced to select assassin's. It breaks the game. And yes a lot of us don't have these issues. But SO many do. And they complain constantly. And I can see why. People want to play the character they like yet feel forced to play the same thing everyone else is playing.

Some players say there is a counter character for each character which is not only false, it makes no sense. If characters had specific weakness. Then character selection wouldn't be private and duplicated.

I wanna see this game last a long time. Some of you dip sh*ts need to pull your head out your a** and say what needs a fix.

She doesn't need to be destroyed. But the peace keeper does require a nerf. And anyone with a head can see that.

Biocoast
02-13-2017, 06:40 AM
*raises hand*
I play warden, and the shoulder charge actually is counterable as I have been countered when I hit someone when they attempted to guard break me before my shoulder charge connected. It went into the same flashy animation as if you countered a regular guard break, just saying.

You know you can cancel your shoulder charge into guardbreak...

My dominion is 4.38 in this beta. And my brawl is 7.0. Your better then the average but I'll have you screaming at the TV with my peace keeper. And I can play every character well. Raider and warlord being my best. So yeah I think I hold a fair opinion in saying my tier 2 peacekeeper is broken. I have as many hours as you bud.

Predictable yes

Still over powered. Everyone says the grab is fine which honestly sounds like a bunch of peacekeepers who don't want to lose it. It should be able to be stopped with quick reaction time after a single stab.

The peacekeeper and Orochi are the most picked characters. You can all state what you like. The stats don't lie.

The game lacks variety. And there is a reason for it. They are chosen because of their easy and simple, yet effective playstyle. You can spam light attacks for high damage with virtually no stamina loss. Once you've figured that pattern out a smarter individual will swap for side dodges and gb. I can do it. So can and does EVERYONE else.

Call it a rant. All characters should be able to counter every other character. And they can. For the most part. Besides those examples. Unless your also the assassin. You shouldn't be forced to select assassin's. It breaks the game. And yes a lot of us don't have these issues. But SO many do. And they complain constantly. And I can see why. People want to play the character they like yet feel forced to play the same thing everyone else is playing.

Some players say there is a counter character for each character which is not only false, it makes no sense. If characters had specific weakness. Then character selection wouldn't be private and duplicated.

I wanna see this game last a long time. Some of you dip sh*ts need to pull your head out your a** and say what needs a fix.

She doesn't need to be destroyed. But the peace keeper does require a nerf. And anyone with a head can see that.

Doubt PK are really the most played classes, I have seen far more Warlords, Conquerors and Wardens. Been watching streams over the weekend quite frequently where people played in high lvl gameplays and there were hardly any PKs since they weren't as great as others.

x_KingSolomon_x
02-13-2017, 06:40 AM
I ran kensei pretty much the full open beta, reached rank 2, and PK's were never that big of a problem for me. I had most trouble with orochi and warlord. That's not to say orochi and warlords were op at high level, I won a few and lost a few. PK's were actually one of the easier to figure and punish. That long leap heavy strike was a death sentence, sidestep light attack to heavy top faint to side. Grab push and punish. Maybe it's just who kensei is strong against Idk, but I didn't find them op at all.

Honestly there is no character stronger against another. I played a bit with the Kensei in this open beta. (Die hard viking fan). I enjoyed the Kensei a lot. Hard hitting. And has a troublesome side dodge and strike. Great counter for assassin's who spam side dodges

Einherjar25
02-13-2017, 07:09 AM
...Everyone says the grab is fine which honestly sounds like a bunch of peacekeepers who don't want to lose it. It should be able to be stopped with quick reaction time after a single stab.

You are so right about this. Anyone who says the grab is fine a an hypocrite PK player in disguise. The grab was 3 shoting me on my Conquerer. Yes roughly 35% HP per grab. For such a big tough guy, I felt pretty weak! The very best your are gonna get off on a good PK if your playing a Conquerer is ONE HEAVY HIT. Which is 20% of IS HP. If he manages is stamina right and movement you just wont get more then one heavy hit.

I am not the one the call for nerfs mindlessly and, I wouldn't usually say to nerf this or that but, if there's something I KNOW FOR A FACT, it's that the PK, grab needs to be nerf. There is just no way around it, FFS I did it on the Orochi and he lost almost half is HP!!! That's just ridiculous.

On a side note, I just want to mention to whoever might be reading this how ****ing ridiculous it is to say that the classes are already balanced. I've been playing games for 20-25 years and I have NEVER seen a game come out balanced right of "the shelf". I'm not bashing the game, it has alot of great thing going on for it but is it balance? Get real!!! I guess it could be worse? You people might be claiming the PK needs a buffs. LOL

Funeragon
02-13-2017, 01:22 PM

Predictable yes

Duuude, first i'm not sure at all they are the most played. And then, if they do, it's only because they look fun to play, they look as assassins. And a lot people loves it. Do you thinks news casuals are looking only for op char ? aahahah..

But yeah peacekeeper require a nerf, but not on his grab.

Ch00senOn3
02-13-2017, 02:18 PM
so i guys,
i play orochi
i am no god with him , but not so bad too :D

peacekeeper are very fast... they are running and attacking than running and attacking.... mostly :D so i see it!
berserker are fast too
left attack right attack left , up, right....
very fast in changing

so as orochi i can better win against this 2 if i use the distance combo
dodge back and heavy hold!

but... i need just few heavy hits from other characters
low live and i think that the berserker and peacekeeper got this problems too.

peacekeeper can bleeding us , and running away... and so on

nobushi use gift and is for distance ...

i think that all chars are good, in good hands
everyone has pros and cons!

BadgerBadger25
02-13-2017, 02:42 PM
If a PeaceKeeper is using her lunge attack on you often, she's either a bad PeaceKeeper.. or she has no respect for you. When good PeaceKeepers fight 1v1 they often don't use the lunge attack because it's very predictable and you will be often parried, you should always be ready to counter guard break against a PeaceKeeper. Now I do think she is a little too strong, but not for this noob reasoning.

Ch00senOn3
02-13-2017, 02:53 PM
Sir you are joking right?Please say you do.Orochi dash back r2 is a trash move just side evade as marker red marker starts blinking you get almost 100%Counter attack,almost only if it's laggy you will still evade it with guranteed r2 punish followed by bleed attack.This move is so trash it doesn't even work as baiting after enemy attack if you backdash they still have time to block it.It's slow and trash just w8 for high level play i gurantee you Orochi is dead,devs made him useless.And that's basically his only unique move.His zone attack is ok tho,but still worse than warden zone attack.If you are good at blocking you can win just by spamming warden zone attack.Just play like a cuunt defend whole match i played few cowards like that.

than the orochi is against the berserker or peacekeeper not able to fight...

when all 3 chars just use light attacks
orochi has the slowest light attack from all 3...

sure if u can block attack of these guys, u can conter fast and the match turn...

but through the fast possible weapon switching from berseker - or maybe its the combo that they switch automaticly .... its more luck to block him
dodge with orochi through berserker combo is suicide too ... because the fast light attacks

and yeah i know its easy too block, my attack - but if you know when you start it than they cant block it ;)

Sirrkas
02-13-2017, 02:58 PM
Hard to beat? Please tell me how you "beat" it? If I grab you. Your being stabbed 3 times. EVERYTIME. Nothing beats it. But avoiding it. And considering all they do is lunge and grab. You'll slip up eventually.

There are several ways for that. First, donīt get grabbed, you can use your lightattack, making it impossible for her to land the grab and you hurt her also. Second, if she grabs you, use guardbreak the moment her hands reaches you, you will push her away. If she still managed to grab you, block her incoming attacks.

BOT..Salty
02-13-2017, 03:01 PM

Learn to play. U can interrupt her 3 stabs by spamming grab. Or click. I spam both cuz of mechanical reflexes. So there you go, something that beats it. And the jump is always top, so guard top nooblet.

x_KingSolomon_x
02-13-2017, 03:09 PM
Learn to play. U can interrupt her 3 stabs by spamming grab. Or click. I spam both cuz of mechanical reflexes. So there you go, something that beats it. And the jump is always top, so guard top nooblet.

No you can't dip sh*t. It's based on the timing. I stab 3 times every time. So your dumb.

x_KingSolomon_x
02-13-2017, 03:11 PM
There are several ways for that. First, donīt get grabbed, you can use your lightattack, making it impossible for her to land the grab and you hurt her also. Second, if she grabs you, use guardbreak the moment her hands reaches you, you will push her away. If she still managed to grab you, block her incoming attacks.

Your an idiot. Got PSN? it drops tonight. Let's fight. And see how well you avoid everything lol. I'll have you screaming in the mic.

Timjan
02-13-2017, 03:23 PM
Your an idiot. Got PSN? it drops tonight. Let's fight. And see how well you avoid everything lol. I'll have you screaming in the mic.

Ohhh, I also would love to log on For Honor tonight, how would you actually do this?:)
I guess you already know they are nerfing the bleeds from PK on release 14th.
And second, you can actually block the stab attacks.
So I read, I have not even played the game, but reading from all top players and watching some streams they show how you block PKs stabk attacks.
Seems very hard and requires T timing but it IS possible.

Been watching a ton of streams about this game for a few days and only in 5% of games was there a PK at high level play being used.
Its just Warden, Warlord, and half the rooster of the Samurais:)

Anyway, we shall see.
But you shouldl tone down the way you write to people here, I felt more compelled to write as even as a reader I find you a little too abusive in your choice of words.
Civil communication goes a long way:)

Sirrkas
02-13-2017, 03:25 PM

If PSN is playstation, no I play For Honor on PC. Here is a video where I tried to learn how to block incomming stabs with a friend. As you see it is possible, not very easy but doable. That video shows, that you will not be able to hit others everytime with 3 stabs, at least, when they try to defend themselves.

http://plays.tv/video/58a1c0731510695a9a/figuring-out-how-to-block-stabs

khromtx
02-13-2017, 03:49 PM
The only real issue I have with PK is the blatantly broken zone attack that hits you from football fields away (Berserker has the same exact thing: lock on attack from 50 miles away)
and her very obviously broken 3 stab move that takes half of your health and there's virtually nothing you can do about it. Remove bleed and cut the lunge distance in half and I have no issue with her.

Sirrkas
02-13-2017, 03:52 PM
and her very obviously broken 3 stab move that takes half of your health and there's virtually nothing you can do about it.

Here is a advice on how not to get grabbed:

And here a video that shows, that you can block the stabs of her guardbreak:

http://plays.tv/video/58a1c0731510695a9a/figuring-out-how-to-block-stabs

I donīt say it is easy to interrupt her guardbreak and the stabs, but you can do something against it.

Sugaroverdose
02-13-2017, 03:56 PM

The only useless scrubs that will complain are the ones with no time in or the ones who strictly play peacekeeper. So keep your mouth shUT. The only reason you play her is because your utter trash with any other character.Don't know how on PC, but on PS4 peacekeeper is rearliest class due to lack of spammables and zero controls, also it's combos are thingerbreaking, that's why you didn't even try it before whine.

WhiteFlagofWar
02-13-2017, 04:02 PM
Been watching a ton of streams about this game for a few days and only in 5% of games was there a PK at high level play being used.
Its just Warden, Warlord, and half the rooster of the Samurais:)

I'm not entirely sure how true this statement is. Most of the streamers I've watched played PK or Orochi, with the odd Conqueror here and there for reasons unknown.

The Samurai seemed to have a less successful presence towards the "end game". By the time you get near the 2nd rep, you still see many Orochi but they are typically out matched. Kensei and Nobushi were barely represented at all.

As far as Warlord and Warden, I played very few of either of them, across both betas I participated in. It was mainly PK and Orochi, followed by Berserker. I'd wager that something around 40% of my matches were against Orochi(cool fan boy class, many people's first) and around 25-30% PK, at least. Yes, those numbers are ridiculous, but it certainly seemed like it. I maybe fought three raiders over the entire open beta weekend...

Not claiming OP, but there is something to be said if the majority of players played Assassin types. There's actually a graph on the Reddit stating, depending on the game mode, that Assassins made up to 51% of characters played. That seems more reasonable than my experience, and still a gross over representation of a single archetype.

The_B0G_
02-13-2017, 04:17 PM
OP wanted a game with skill and learning curve, gets wrecked by a peace keeper, makes complain thread asking for nerf instead of getting better.

I never picked the peace keeper once, mostly because I don't like picking female characters in games and the only time a PK beats me is when I'm already low health or if it's 2v1. They aren't that good, I have more trouble when I run into a good warlord.

It also sounds like you have stamina management issues if you can't do 2 combos without depleting. Change your gear to lower stamina costs on strikes, thats what good players do. If you notice your character is lacking something, try to fix it by better gear selection.

WhiteFlagofWar
02-13-2017, 04:25 PM
OP wanted a game with skill and learning curve, gets wrecked by a peace keeper, makes complain thread asking for nerf instead of getting better.

I never picked the peace keeper once, mostly because I don't like picking female characters in games and the only time a PK beats me is when I'm already low health or if it's 2v1. They aren't that good, I have more trouble when I run into a good warlord.

I don't really know what to think when I read things like this. I think of myself as a good Warden player. Made it to rep 2, about a 75% win/loss ratio, can beat every class in the game consistently...except PK. OK, and a good Warlord is a headache too.

But back on topic, the PK seems to be by far the most difficult to read, and the second most punishing for mistakes, behind the Kensei if you miss the very-hard-to-miss (lol) unblockable. Spam the light attack in random directions, too fast to block, too fast to quick attack stop, too fast to guard break. Most of the time, they'd even recover after a parry before than I can benefit from it. I'm not sure how anyone could say they were "aren't that good", simply based on their over representation in 1v1s. There has to be a reason for that.

gruvy_qc
02-13-2017, 04:31 PM
So I haven't read the whole thread but here's my two cents on that issue (which isn't really an issue) :

- you can side dodge the forward lunge, or parry it;

- you can parry the side lunges;

- in case you get grabbed and stabbed, you can actually block the second and third stabs.

Personally, I have a harder time reading the PK fast attacks than reacting to their lunges and grabs.

theromanticswb
02-13-2017, 04:32 PM
I'm not entirely sure how true this statement is. Most of the streamers I've watched played PK or Orochi, with the odd Conqueror here and there for reasons unknown.

The Samurai seemed to have a less successful presence towards the "end game". By the time you get near the 2nd rep, you still see many Orochi but they are typically out matched. Kensei and Nobushi were barely represented at all.

As far as Warlord and Warden, I played very few of either of them, across both betas I participated in. It was mainly PK and Orochi, followed by Berserker. I'd wager that something around 40% of my matches were against Orochi(cool fan boy class, many people's first) and around 25-30% PK, at least. Yes, those numbers are ridiculous, but it certainly seemed like it. I maybe fought three raiders over the entire open beta weekend...

Not claiming OP, but there is something to be said if the majority of players played Assassin types. There's actually a graph on the Reddit stating, depending on the game mode, that Assassins made up to 51% of characters played. That seems more reasonable than my experience, and still a gross over representation of a single archetype.

You probably watched people playing Dominion or other 4v4's then. The big streamers are NOT HIGHLY SKILLED AT ALL! Sacriel has given this game a bad rep. Peacekeeper is basically a noob killer but at high tier play, all the things the OP said just show that he doesn't play at a high technical level. Watch some actual high tier, fighting game players play 1v1's or 2v2's.

Orochi is probably... top 5 right now as far as putting characters in a tier. He's in a good place right now and pretty balanced. PK definitely has some issues but it's not played a ton at the top tier right now.

theromanticswb
02-13-2017, 04:35 PM
I don't really know what to think when I read things like this. I think of myself as a good Warden player. Made it to rep 2, about a 75% win/loss ratio, can beat every class in the game consistently...except PK. OK, and a good Warlord is a headache too.

But back on topic, the PK seems to be by far the most difficult to read, and the second most punishing for mistakes, behind the Kensei if you miss the very-hard-to-miss (lol) unblockable. Spam the light attack in random directions, too fast to block, too fast to quick attack stop, too fast to guard break. Most of the time, they'd even recover after a parry before than I can benefit from it. I'm not sure how anyone could say they were "aren't that good", simply based on their over representation in 1v1s. There has to be a reason for that.

See here's where your experience comes from. You're playing probably, the #1 best character in the game right now as a Warden. At the highest technical levels, Warden is S tier. Peacekeeper is probably A tier right now. The only thing that needs a nerf on PK is the grab, 3-stab bleed. It does way too much damage and it IS nerfed in the release version to where the 2nd and 3rd stab don't add any more bleed but do a tiny bit of extra dmg. The total bleed now is like 1 bar.

If you're not dueling at high technical levels, you can't have a good idea of where it stands just based on your experience in Dominion and such. I had about a 76.9% win percentage mostly from dueling and 2v2's. Didn't play Dominion much at all. There's a hidden MMR for duels and 2v2's that puts you against much higher tier players as you win more.

The_B0G_
02-13-2017, 04:35 PM

If you're using a slow class against a PK sometimes they can be hard, but when that happens I just throw in a lot of guard breaks followed by heavy attacks, PKs are pretty squishy, they usually run away after you hit them a few times.

If I have my beserker I run right through PKs, a quick side step and hit them with one combo and they are pretty much dead. I don't know why some people seem to have so much trouble with them.

A good player will be tough no matter who he chooses, I just think it's a little early to ask for nerfs when the game isn't even out yet. I think everyone just needs time to get better at the combat. If you nerf PK then everyone will be screaming for something else to get nerfed, it never ends.

theromanticswb
02-13-2017, 04:37 PM
So I haven't read the whole thread but here's my two cents on that issue (which isn't really an issue) :

- you can side dodge the forward lunge, or parry it;

- you can parry the side lunges;

- in case you get grabbed and stabbed, you can actually block the second and third stabs.

Personally, I have a harder time reading the PK fast attacks than reacting to their lunges and grabs.

The block on the guard break stabs is a bug and will be fixed. You can't have a successful guard break confirm that can be blocked in a fighting game. Makes no sense.

But, it's not a problem because it's nerfed in release anyway. Does like 1/3 of the bleed dmg it was in beta.

theromanticswb
02-13-2017, 04:39 PM
You are wrong on pretty much everything you say here:
the light attack is blockable, its not that fast, especially the first hit: you can even parry it if they spam that and your reaction time is good,
her range is the worst, you can throw a fast attack while she tries to get close
if she dodges but dont attack the gb is guaranteed
after a parry they cannot recover fast enough, they are right in your face, you get a guaranteed gb, use that and wreck they tiny health pool

They are good, but not OP, they are powerful noob killers and that why there are so many and they are complained about so much.

Yep this is right. PK'ers are crazy good at burning down lower tier players. Don't take that as an offense if you get beat by PK's and think they're overpowered. Just understand that it's because you do NOT understand the game or the PK well enough yet and it won't be a problem forever if you work on your own skills. PK'ers are not even S tier in the game right now.

WhiteFlagofWar
02-13-2017, 04:46 PM
If you're not dueling at high technical levels, you can't have a good idea of where it stands just based on your experience in Dominion and such. I had about a 76.9% win percentage mostly from dueling and 2v2's. Didn't play Dominion much at all. There's a hidden MMR for duels and 2v2's that puts you against much higher tier players as you win more.

Not sure where I stated I played Dominion, as I rarely did. This is speaking strictly from a 1v1 perspective. 2v2s I saw a much more diverse representation of the classes, so I won't touch on that topic until we know more about how the classes actually stand.

And, from my experience, PKs and Orochis made up an annoyingly large percentage of my duels. I also noted over the weekend that many of the 1v1 streamers were playing the PK. While I'm not going to claim I was playing at "the highest technical levels", I was definitely getting up there.

Also, I like how I was jumped by three people after stating my observations. I'm not claiming "OP!", I'm claiming "there's probably a reason for their over-representation in duels".

theromanticswb
02-13-2017, 05:03 PM
Not sure where I stated I played Dominion, as I rarely did. This is speaking strictly from a 1v1 perspective. 2v2s I saw a much more diverse representation of the classes, so I won't touch on that topic until we know more about how the classes actually stand.

And, from my experience, PKs and Orochis made up an annoyingly large percentage of my duels. I also noted over the weekend that many of the 1v1 streamers were playing the PK. While I'm not going to claim I was playing at "the highest technical levels", I was definitely getting up there.

Also, I like how I was jumped by three people after stating my observations. I'm not claiming "OP!", I'm claiming "there's probably a reason for their over-representation in duels".

I didn't say you did. Was just making a point. Most streamers are VERY low tier players. Also, the reason there are a lot more PK's and Orochis has absolutely nothing to do with them being OP. It has to do with kids wanting to be ninjas and assassins. The assassin classes combined made up over 56% of the player base. That's from only 3 out of the 9 classes in the beta. It's just popularity of the character based on theme, not being OP.

WhiteFlagofWar
02-13-2017, 05:10 PM
I didn't say you did. Was just making a point. Most streamers are VERY low tier players. Also, the reason there are a lot more PK's and Orochis has absolutely nothing to do with them being OP. It has to do with kids wanting to be ninjas and assassins. The assassin classes combined made up over 56% of the player base. That's from only 3 out of the 9 classes in the beta. It's just popularity of the character based on theme, not being OP.

"...you can't have a good idea of where it stands just based on your experience in Dominion and such", seems a lot like a claim that I play the 4v4 modes, where balance of any kind is thrown out the window.

As to the popularity contest, I don't disagree with that. I actually made a point of that being a reason for the representation of the Orochi in an earlier post. Anyone who's been around the gaming/movie community saw that coming 8 months before release.

Maybe it's just the fact that I didn't get the opportunity to really practice against the PK. When I first started, I thought the Orochi was OP, turns out I was just bad. Then the Nobushi, same story. On and on this trend went for a good 50 hours, but I never figured out the PK. Of course I won matches against them, but instead of the 75% win ratio I have with every other class, it was more like 30%. Ironically, it was against the non-spammers I would win, so that leads me to believe that they have a bit of an advantage in the light attack department, which they should given their archetype.

It doesn't help that the level 3 AI PKs were a complete joke when compared to players.

theromanticswb
02-13-2017, 05:18 PM
"...you can't have a good idea of where it stands just based on your experience in Dominion and such", seems a lot like a claim that I play the 4v4 modes, where balance of any kind of thrown out the window. .

That was just a misunderstanding as well as me wording it poorly. I meant that in response to watching streamers as I saw NO streamers than main PK or Orochi that weren't just Pop Streamers that suck at the game but still have 8000 people watching. Sorry for the confusion.

I do feel like there's at least some sort of bug with PK's at the moment that causes people to play poorly against them. It seems that in some matches, no matter what I did, I could not block or parry a single attack from them. I don't know if was network issues or what but it seems to happen to a lot of people. I think the PK might have some sort of timing bug associated with attacks right now. Hopefully that gets worked out. Normally I could beat them just fine but every 3rd or 4th match, nothing I would do would work at all and not from poor play. The timings were just messed up for some reason. Like a PK throws a slow attack from the right and I block like anyone would, easy. No joy. Attack still lands. Something weird was going on.

But when it wasn't doing that, they were same as fighting any other assassin class.

Did you say you played Warden? Can't remember. Which character did you play vs. the PK? There are definitely great and terrible matchups in this game just like in a fighting game and there are definitely Tiers of characters. Warden is S tier but CAN have a really hard time with PK's for example.

WhiteFlagofWar
02-13-2017, 05:33 PM
That was just a misunderstanding as well as me wording it poorly. I meant that in response to watching streamers as I saw NO streamers than main PK or Orochi that weren't just Pop Streamers that suck at the game but still have 8000 people watching. Sorry for the confusion.

I do feel like there's at least some sort of bug with PK's at the moment that causes people to play poorly against them. It seems that in some matches, no matter what I did, I could not block or parry a single attack from them. I don't know if was network issues or what but it seems to happen to a lot of people. I think the PK might have some sort of timing bug associated with attacks right now. Hopefully that gets worked out. Normally I could beat them just fine but every 3rd or 4th match, nothing I would do would work at all and not from poor play. The timings were just messed up for some reason. Like a PK throws a slow attack from the right and I block like anyone would, easy. No joy. Attack still lands. Something weird was going on.

But when it wasn't doing that, they were same as fighting any other assassin class.

Did you say you played Warden? Can't remember. Which character did you play vs. the PK? There are definitely great and terrible matchups in this game just like in a fighting game and there are definitely Tiers of characters. Warden is S tier but CAN have a really hard time with PK's for example.

Ahhh gotcha, sorry for taking that statement a bit too personally.

Yes, I main Warden, Rep 1, level 19 (so close lol), gear level 49. Played him nearly exclusively over both betas, with the Conqueror being a "secondary" of sorts, even though I only got him to about level 10. What you mentioned as your difficulties with them, were mine as well. Blocking the guard breaks, the heavy upper charge, side attacks and combos, all of that was fine. The moment they started spamming, which they almost always did, it went downhill fast.

Block one, and by the time the flinch animation was done from that, I'd get hit from the other side. It was nearly unblockable unless you predicted where they were going before that first strike, and even then it was more about chance than skill. It was definitely something I only encountered when fighting them.

theromanticswb
02-13-2017, 05:38 PM
Ahhh gotcha, sorry for taking that statement a bit too personally.

Yes, I main Warden, Rep 1, level 19 (so close lol), gear level 49. Played him nearly exclusively over both betas, with the Conqueror being a "secondary" of sorts, even though I only got him to about level 10. What you mentioned as your difficulties with them, were mine as well. Blocking the guard breaks, the heavy upper charge, side attacks and combos, all of that was fine. The moment they started spamming, which they almost always did, it went downhill fast.

Block one, and by the time the flinch animation was done from that, I'd get hit from the other side. It was nearly unblockable unless you predicted where they were going before that first strike, and even then it was more about chance than skill. It was definitely something I only encountered when fighting them.

Well, once you hit a certain level of gameplay, a lot of it IS prediction. It's called "downloading" in the fighting game world. You learn how that person plays and you can counter it because humans are creatures of habit. Most PK'ers are using a "Flowchart" kind of for the way they approach the fight and once you see that clearly, your fighting intuition will win you the fights.

As far as the upper charge, that is VERY easy to parry and they telegraph it. Once you learn to see it coming, you'll remove half of a noob PK's toolkit. Most of them use it as a crutch. You said having trouble blocking the guard breaks. Do you mean tech'ing the guard breaks as in counter guard breaking? If so, that's just a timing thing you'll learn. If you meant blocking the 3 stabs they do during a guard break, that's a bug right now and will be removed so just concentrate on tech'ing guard breaks instead.

WhiteFlagofWar
02-13-2017, 05:45 PM
Well, once you hit a certain level of gameplay, a lot of it IS prediction. It's called "downloading" in the fighting game world. You learn how that person plays and you can counter it because humans are creatures of habit. Most PK'ers are using a "Flowchart" kind of for the way they approach the fight and once you see that clearly, your fighting intuition will win you the fights.

As far as the upper charge, that is VERY easy to parry and they telegraph it. Once you learn to see it coming, you'll remove half of a noob PK's toolkit. Most of them use it as a crutch. You said having trouble blocking the guard breaks. Do you mean tech'ing the guard breaks as in counter guard breaking? If so, that's just a timing thing you'll learn. If you meant blocking the 3 stabs they do during a guard break, that's a bug right now and will be removed so just concentrate on tech'ing guard breaks instead.

Oh I definitely agree, and I actually loved it when PKs relied on the upper charge because of the Warden's wonderful up counter.

As far as the guard break, I meant more in a situation of attempting to guard break them in between combos/spams. The only time you could ever stop a spammer from spamming would be guard breaking after their third or fourth straight attack, but that more often than not ended in them either back dodging away, or somehow pulling off another light attack to cancel the grab for some free damage.

That's my fault for having a lack of restraint at times, though it's because playing defensively against a PK is a death wish(If your light attack parry isn't on point). Anything the Warden can do, the PK can dodge out of. In my experience anyway. Well, except for the upper counter. ;)

Edit: I'd also like to point out that the one time I played a PK, the game selected it for me (2v2 partner grabbed Warden as I picked it lol). My first duel was against a 2nd rep Warlord, and I absolutely crushed him by using light attacks. First and last time playing.

The Nobushi wrecked me, hilariously, but that was because I didn't understand how to get close enough to her.

x_KingSolomon_x
02-13-2017, 06:20 PM

It also sounds like you have stamina management issues if you can't do 2 combos without depleting. Change your gear to lower stamina costs on strikes, thats what good players do. If you notice your character is lacking something, try to fix it by better gear selection.

Nowhere did I state they wreck me dip sh*t. It's a problem. One everyone enjoys saying one thing. But we all know everyone here has been pissed about the unfair advantage. Period. I can promise everyone here. I doubt you beat me with any character. I'm we seasoned and played plenty of hours. The fact you turn a legitimate complaint into me "crying" already shows that your opinions carry little to no value or rep.

We have people making comments who haven't even played. LOL

Satorel
02-13-2017, 06:25 PM
Stopped reading after "Peacekeepers are seriously broken" and realised you're just another trash player who can't adapt or comprehend there's people better than you thus the class must be broken lmao.

Mewsan
02-13-2017, 06:25 PM
Alright your points are senseless.

Let's break it down. First of all none of your issues. Are game changing. Mine are. The point with the unlimited stamina and the peacekeeper. These issues. Will burn this game. There's 12 characters. Only 2 are the meta. That is a problem.

Wardens shoulder charge. No one plays warden now. Know why? Peacekeeper.

Warlords head bash honestly a side dodge solves completely. Not game changing. Not broken.

The nobushi. The hidden stance honestly changes nothing about the character. It's annoying (along with the constant poking kick combo) but take it away and it just forces more of the annoying I can't play this properly ********. So instead I'll spam light attacks. And that's okay, know why? Because 2 combos. And that stamina is GONE. that happen to the assassin's? NOPE.

but shield stance again sucks. But compared to all the ganking and cowards. It's fair. Considering its only ever really used if that person is being 4 v 1'd.

FOR HONOR was a horrible choice. I've never played a game with so many *******s and cowards. Honestly I was hoping for a game with a learning curve and skill and techniques. Absolutely not the case. Felt that way in the beginning alpha and beta. But this open beta just shows how spamming, button mashing. And using the same move over and over again wins over all. MKX has less BS.side dodges. They are ridiculous and offer zero consequences. I am starting to regret pre ordering this game. It's repeating combos and guard breaks turns this game into something as simple or more simple then chivalry..

If only two are meta, why did a warden+warlord comp win the reddit 2v2 tournament? Why was the finals in the closed beta 1v1 tournament warlord vs warlord?

WOR-Hunter
02-13-2017, 06:30 PM
Are people still complaining about the Peacekeeper?

I gave one guy a thirty minute lesson on how to counter a peacekeeper using Warden. He's now slaughtering all the assassins.

Listen.

Here is a secret. Other PK players will hate me for saying this, but I believe this game will only get better with the number of tactics available.

Peacekeepers Guide To Destruction

1. Peacekeepers have a very short range. They rely on their forward dash attack to close the distance. A peacekeeper at a long range is no threat. A peacekeeper in medium range can only dash attack to hit you, or dash forward. By holding your guard up, when the PK is not close range will allow you to counter the dash jump, or slice downwards when they dash in for the grab.

2. Keep a peacekeeper at medium range.

3. Do not backup. People forget PK's limited range. Continue to move forward or to the opposite direction the peacekeeper is moving.

4. PK players will usually rush in to do the most damage possible. By countering their first attacks and punishing their decisions, you will force any PK player to step back and try to think. Rush them with feints and Guard Breaks. They will expect you to attack full on and open a window to counter. Do not rush in attacking. Only use Guard break quick attacks.

This is your guide to destroying assassins. Please learn it. If you have question and want to learn counters for different characters, feel free to add me on PSN.

PSN: WOR-Hunter

x_KingSolomon_x
02-13-2017, 06:32 PM
You probably watched people playing Dominion or other 4v4's then. The big streamers are NOT HIGHLY SKILLED AT ALL! Sacriel has given this game a bad rep. Peacekeeper is basically a noob killer but at high tier play, all the things the OP said just show that he doesn't play at a high technical level. Watch some actual high tier, fighting game players play 1v1's or 2v2's.

Orochi is probably... top 5 right now as far as putting characters in a tier. He's in a good place right now and pretty balanced. PK definitely has some issues but it's not played a ton at the top tier right now.

Honesty I have no idea wtf your talking about. You watched a few stream videos and now to you think you have the answers?

"PK definitely has some issues but it's not played a ton at the top tier right now". Based on what your personal opinion? GTFO. My kd in brawl is 7.0 my dominion is 4.38. There are many pks in high tier combat. I was one of them moron.

She's the most chosen character for a reason. Along with many other aspects of those game that seem to contradict the meaning and intention of the game.

https://youtu.be/vCUJl6YFqA4

So many of you are so dumb it's no wonder all your left with is trump. None of you with the exception of 1 or 2 even had a character in rep 1. If you haven't then you shouldn't even be commenting.

Warlord is complained about why? Because he can block your BS and has a fast (dodgable) head bash? Lol. THAT sounds like crying. I never had much trouble with a good warlord. I found the raider more unpredictable. And through all the testing. I played raider and warlord. This open beta was the first time I tried the peace keeper. And I ran a 4.38 k/d. I'm a good player. That character. Makes me much better. Better then the rest besides warlord in brawls and duals. Hmm wonder why. It's like I said. No move from should outpace another.

Turn 3 stabs into 1.
REDUCE stamina in all assassin's. Even in every class. This is supposed to be a skill combat game. Not a button mashing while moving your R3 up,right,left in random order. Lol.

Satorel
02-13-2017, 06:34 PM
Are people still complaining about the Peacekeeper?

I gave one guy a thirty minute lesson on how to counter a peacekeeper using Warden. He's now slaughtering all the assassins.

Listen.

Here is a secret. Other PK players will hate me for saying this, but I believe this game will only get better with the number of tactics available.

Peacekeepers Guide To Destruction

1. Peacekeepers have a very short range. They rely on their forward dash attack to close the distance. A peacekeeper at a long range is no threat. A peacekeeper in medium range can only dash attack to hit you, or dash forward. By holding your guard up, when the PK is not close range will allow you to counter the dash jump, or slice downwards when they dash in for the grab.

2. Keep a peacekeeper at medium range.

3. Do not backup. People forget PK's limited range. Continue to move forward or to the opposite direction the peacekeeper is moving.

4. PK players will usually rush in to do the most damage possible. By countering their first attacks and punishing their decisions, you will force any PK player to step back and try to think. Rush them with feints and Guard Breaks. They will expect you to attack full on and open a window to counter. Do not rush in attacking. Only use Guard break quick attacks.

This is your guide to destroying assassins. Please learn it. If you have question and want to learn counters for different characters, feel free to add me on PSN.

PSN: WOR-Hunter

The people who complains about PK won't learn this or any other type of strategy for that matter, you know why?
Because the people who yells nerf this and that is the very same people with low iq who just can't play the game and are just terrible players in general. Sadly thats how it is with games requiring skills and some brain.

I might sound harsh but this is the harsh reality.

Nexuss94
02-13-2017, 06:36 PM
Stopped reading after "Peacekeepers are seriously broken" and realised you're just another trash player who can't adapt or comprehend there's people better than you thus the class must be broken lmao.
+1

WOR-Hunter
02-13-2017, 06:39 PM
Yeah. This game actually require skill. I mean, I can actually say it takes gaming to a new level.

Peacekeeper was good the first day, maybe. After that, people learned their strategy, forcing them to also adapt. And that is why I enjoy playing FH so much. If you don't learn anything, or become better, you will fall behind and this game will either end up collecting dust, or sitting back on a shelf.

x_KingSolomon_x
02-13-2017, 07:07 PM
This game does require skill. In 1 v 1 and 2v2. Dominion and elimination is where it is mostly broken. Again X_kingsolomon_X is my PSN show me how you will defeat my PK. I will put you down every time.

Your right it will collect dust. Because they cater to the group of individuals that enjoy a broken mess. Like every other broken a** game that gets dropped.

Einherjar25
02-13-2017, 07:09 PM
...I gave one guy a thirty minute lesson on how to counter a peacekeeper using Warden. He's now slaughtering all the assassins...

...they rely on their forward dash attack to close the distance...

You know what I'm getting from this? First of all regarding your warden counter: Of course this works well with the Warden, its has a superior speed and counter property from the top. Its also the fastest "medium".

The fact that you say PK relies on their foward dash shows me you're literally fighting bad PKs. There ia a serious problem with people on this forum claiming they are beating great PK players. How the **** do they know they are actually good? Then they says they are relying on this dash to close int LOL This in itself is BS. You will lean in time that every single foward dash in game is great against noob but ****ing crap against good players. No good player will use those with ANY character to close in more then 1 or 2 times at the VERY MOST. Probably not even once.

NoXisKing
02-13-2017, 07:47 PM
Another baddies complaining about PK. BTW the bleed from stab is apparently nerfed on release.

x_KingSolomon_x
02-13-2017, 08:00 PM
All sharp and pointy objects cause bleeding

WOR-Hunter
02-13-2017, 08:07 PM
You know what I'm getting from this? First of all regarding your warden counter: Of course this works well with the Warden, its has a superior speed and counter property from the top. Its also the fastest "medium".

The fact that you say PK relies on their foward dash shows me you're literally fighting bad PKs. There ia a serious problem with people on this forum claiming they are beating great PK players. How the **** do they know they are actually good? Then they says they are relying on this dash to close int LOL This in itself is BS. You will lean in time that every single foward dash in game is great against noob but ****ing crap against good players. No good player will use those with ANY character to close in more then 1 or 2 times at the VERY MOST. Probably not even once.

If you say so, bud. I can only speak from experience. I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I AM A PK PLAYER. That is why I showed him what goes on in the mind of a PK player.

But guys. Watch how all of the people attack my method, and I'm sure all of them are either PK player (a majority) or assassins. That strategy can beat pretty much any assassin.

Good luck guys.

And remember, if you aren't helping people improve then you aren't a good player. Show people how to beat you so you will come up with better tactics.

Einherjar25
02-13-2017, 09:17 PM
If you say so, bud. I can only speak from experience. I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I AM A PK PLAYER. That is why I showed him what goes on in the mind of a PK player.

But guys. Watch how all of the people attack my method, and I'm sure all of them are either PK player (a majority) or assassins. That strategy can beat pretty much any assassin.

Good luck guys.

And remember, if you aren't helping people improve then you aren't a good player. Show people how to beat you so you will come up with better tactics.

Of course I say so, as a rule of thumb, if you only use one strategy to close the gap you are going to lose to any good player. The answer is simple; If lunging is working well, then you were fighting a bad player. All lunges are extremely easy to read, it's as simple as that. Every single class in this game, if played by a bad player, will be beatable. So this creates a problem where player go on forums and brag about their skills and how they beat PK easily. Also, maybe the Warden is the PK's achilles heel?If ONE class out of 8 does good VS PK it doesn't mean the class is automatically not OP. Personnally, I have gotten to know 3 classes deeply in in both betas; meaning I played them ALOT. The only class that I felt competitive in out of the 3 was the Berserker. (Versus PKs). Additionally, I was clearly performing better with the Zerker all around against every other classes. Ironically, I played the berserker first and had the least experience at his point with the game overall. *red alert*

Sieger300
02-13-2017, 09:46 PM
There is some MOVES that should be nerfed:
1. PK Light attacks (not grab not dash r2) You just cant react
2. Warlord headbutt. Have really small window to dodge and you have to expect it and fail anyway
3.Warden His r1r2 attack is ridiculous. Lets say you play orochi = dead sentence almost everytime if they feel to r1r2 and sometime top r1
4. Worst thing in the game : Warden shoulder bash FEINT. I dont even have to explain right? But anyway lets say you see shoulder bash = you have to dodge to avoid free light attacks,but THATS FINE they can just feint into 100% gb. ******ed - delete this **** from the game. Only thing you can do is an kensei/assassin dodge r1 + but HEY,they can get a free parry from it which leads to - right, free GB.
5.Conq feels fine but his shield bash into wall forever combo is something weird.
6.Warlord throw animation.Helo,im warlord,i parried you,you're going to fly
7. MAYBE,but im not sure you have to nerf berserker dash r1 top r2 combo onto lying no stamina man. It takes like half of hp from vanguard heroes. But thats really easy to avoid,dont be knocked down.
That's all what i can remember. Maybe there is something else. I played berserker during beta,felt sometimes really in a bad possition fighting against lets say, warden.
Orochi doesnt feel op at all,poor bastard only have top attacks,rest of his attacks a ridiculously slow. Some nobushi can give you a hard time,but whatever man,the only op thing about them and can say is that you're not allways allowed to grab after parry them.

The_B0G_
02-14-2017, 04:01 AM
Nowhere did I state they wreck me dip sh*t. It's a problem. One everyone enjoys saying one thing. But we all know everyone here has been pissed about the unfair advantage. Period. I can promise everyone here. I doubt you beat me with any character. I'm we seasoned and played plenty of hours. The fact you turn a legitimate complaint into me "crying" already shows that your opinions carry little to no value or rep.

We have people making comments who haven't even played. LOL

I never said you were crying, I said you made a complaint thread asking for a nerf when in my opinion PK isn't that good anyway. I also have only played the open beta but I have over 24 hours played, so I'm not sure why you think I haven't played the game yet.

Like I said, get better at the game before you ask for nerfs, if you're getting beaten by PKs enough that you need to make a complain thread asking for nerfs you must not be doing that great...

Baggin_
02-14-2017, 04:41 AM
Sounds like you still need to learn the game dude. You can counter grabs and regular blocks stop light chains. They are not un beatable. If the Peacekeeper grabs and stabs you can actually stop the stabbing. I understand it's annoying when you lose, I hate it too. You'll get better though.

ipm204
02-14-2017, 04:59 AM
Day one complaints about who is or is not OP? I think it's too early to determine this. Even if you've played the alpha and/or beta for 2 days here or 3 days there, it's still too early. Play the game for a week or two, try different strategies etc. Every hero in the game has weaknesses that you need to find and exploit. You can't fight every hero with the same tactic. Metaphor: Take a boxer to the ground and keep a grappler at striking distance. Basically don't let them use their strengths. Keep in mind that gear and feats are practically boosts in Dominion Mode, so players with either can appear more powerful. Go into duel or brawl to get a sense of what these heroes you complain about actually bring to the table when all those perks are off the table.

Archo-Vax
02-14-2017, 05:13 AM
It seems like there are a lot of people here who seem to doubt that the PK is over-powered. In my opinion, her Grab N' Shank is WAY too rewarding for how easy it is to pull off. I get that one should learn to quickly counter a G-B, but when the PK's shanking CAN and WILL carry her through the entire fight, regardless of how fast the opponent can adapt: it needs a nerf. 35% of your health, and THEN SOME, for three quick shanks IS NOT reasonable.

And let me tell you why I think so.

I'd planned on playing Lawbringer in the Open Beta, but seeing as though it wasn't available, I've been playing Conqueror. Almost non-stop. And I can pretty much wreck anyone who's being too reckless, and even against more experienced players, I could still pull though 90% of the time.

... except against the Peacekeeper.

Let me tell you, from the experience I've gained... there is NOTHING I dread more than having to fight one of those cowardly little she-serpents. And I'm the type of Conqueror who charges in and gets in people's faces. Like you're supposed to do. Not allow any opponent breathing room.
But against a PK? Oh, no- it's HER that you have to worry about! You, who is this big, burly ex-convict with a shield and flail, who excels at getting into people's faces, have to RUN from a Peacekeeper!
How the Hell does that make any sense?!

The Conqueror is DEMONSTRABLY STRONGER than a Peacekeeper! Realistically, a skilled warrior would simply shove a scrawny little *** like the PK off of them with almost no difficulty- she's 5 ft, 2, for ***'s sake!
But no, you have to constantly back away in fear from the TERRIFYING little bich with the knife, because a 6 ft, 3 CRIMINAL like you CAN'T POSSIBLY physically compete in close quarters with some random ***-Creed Wannabe Cosplayer who barely stands as tall as your bloody chin!

Seriously- her mobility and speed is challenging ENOUGH to deal with as a Conqueror- that cheap little Shanky Shank move is just plain overkill. Sure, maybe it doesn't have to be removed, but instead, it should be nerfed. A window of opportunity should open during that first shank to give you the chance to get her to bugger off. And the bleed should be reduced.

Vulgorn
02-14-2017, 05:14 AM
You, in all honesty, just need to get good.

Archo-Vax
02-14-2017, 05:15 AM
Sounds like you still need to learn the game dude. You can counter grabs and regular blocks stop light chains. They are not un beatable. If the Peacekeeper grabs and stabs you can actually stop the stabbing. I understand it's annoying when you lose, I hate it too. You'll get better though.

I don't think you've been paying very much attention to what the guy is saying.

tcs1991.ts
02-14-2017, 05:16 AM
It seems like there are a lot of people here who seem to doubt that the PK is over-powered. In my opinion, her Grab N' Shank is WAY too rewarding for how easy it is to pull off. I get that one should learn to quickly counter a G-B, but when the PK's shanking CAN and WILL carry her through the entire fight, regardless of how fast the opponent can adapt: it needs a nerf. 35% of your health, and THEN SOME, for three quick shanks IS NOT reasonable.

And let me tell you why I think so.

I'd planned on playing Lawbringer in the Open Beta, but seeing as though it wasn't available, I've been playing Conqueror. Almost non-stop. And I can pretty much wreck anyone who's being too reckless, and even against more experienced players, I could still pull though 90% of the time.

... except against the Peacekeeper.

Let me tell you, from the experience I've gained... there is NOTHING I dread more than having to fight one of those cowardly little she-serpents. And I'm the type of Conqueror who charges in and gets in people's faces. Like you're supposed to do. Not allow any opponent breathing room.
But against a PK? Oh, no- it's HER that you have to worry about! You, who is this big, burly ex-convict with a shield and flail, who excels at getting into people's faces, have to RUN from a Peacekeeper!
How the Hell does that make any sense?!

The Conqueror is DEMONSTRABLY STRONGER than a Peacekeeper! Realistically, a skilled warrior would simply shove a scrawny little *** like the PK off of them with almost no difficulty- she's 5 ft, 2, for ***'s sake!
But no, you have to constantly back away in fear from the TERRIFYING little bich with the knife, because a 6 ft, 3 CRIMINAL like you CAN'T POSSIBLY physically compete in close quarters with some random ***-Creed Wannabe Cosplayer who barely stands as tall as your bloody chin!

Seriously- her mobility and speed is challenging ENOUGH to deal with as a Conqueror- that cheap little Shanky Shank move is just plain overkill. Sure, maybe it doesn't have to be removed, but instead, it should be nerfed. A window of opportunity should open during that first shank to give you the chance to get her to bugger off. And the bleed should be reduced.

You realize you can block while in her GB right?

Archo-Vax
02-14-2017, 05:20 AM
You realize you can block while in her GB right?

No. No you can't. I've tried. I can't COUNT the number of times I've repeatedly pressed "X" when she sticks her scrawny little arm out and (somewhat erotically) lightly touches your collarbone.

tcs1991.ts
02-14-2017, 05:28 AM
No. No you can't. I've tried. I can't COUNT the number of times I've repeatedly pressed "X" when she sticks her scrawny little arm out and (somewhat erotically) lightly touches your collarbone.

Myself and many people in these forums have blocked while in her GB. Could be a bug.

Archo-Vax
02-14-2017, 05:34 AM
Myself and many people in these forums have blocked while in her GB. Could be a bug.

What exactly do you mean by "blocked"? You CAN'T "block" a B-G. You can only hop yourself up on caffeine and counter it within a split-second window. You're rendered powerless as soon as her hand makes contact with your chest.

Knight_Raime
02-14-2017, 05:37 AM
Don't feed the troll guys.

tcs1991.ts
02-14-2017, 05:38 AM
What exactly do you mean by "blocked"? You CAN'T "block" a B-G. You can only hop yourself up on caffeine and counter it within a split-second window. You're rendered powerless as soon as her hand makes contact with your chest.

People, myself included, have been able to block the stabby stabby during her GB. From what I have seen and done you have to have your weapon in the right guard prior to the GB.

Similar to how if you do a heavy right and the person dodges right and follows the dodge with a light to YOUR right it is blocked without you doing anything.

tcs1991.ts
02-14-2017, 05:40 AM

Don't hurt yourself.

https://youtu.be/Ng8EzH5JWyQ

Sucks when you are proven wrong eh?

Archo-Vax
02-14-2017, 05:43 AM
People, myself included, have been able to block the stabby stabby during her GB. From what I have seen and done you have to have your weapon in the right guard prior to the GB.

Similar to how if you do a heavy right and the person dodges right and follows the dodge with a light to YOUR right it is blocked without you doing anything.

Well, if that's the case, why the Hell isn't it in the movelist?! Why is this explained NOWHERE?! This seems like a pretty damn big detail for anyone to miss!

Archo-Vax
02-14-2017, 05:44 AM

Oh, bugger off, you inane whistleblower.

Knight_Raime
02-14-2017, 05:48 AM
Don't hurt yourself.

https://youtu.be/Ng8EzH5JWyQ

Sucks when you are proven wrong eh?

...I don't know what you are getting at. I'm not the one complaining about the PK grab. OP is.

Knight_Raime
02-14-2017, 05:50 AM
Oh, bugger off, you inane whistleblower.

I'm not about to write a paragraph explaining how the guy is wrong about his "issues" when the way he responds to people is so toxic.
Everything he has an issue with is counterable and in top levels of play defense is king. Anything the OP could dish out in response to a top level defender would be immediately stopped and punished.