PDA

View Full Version : In Praise of the P-39-Q10

XyZspineZyX
09-16-2003, 06:28 PM
I started playing this game a couple of weeks ago with the P-39 class plane (I especially like the P-39-Q10). My initial reaction to the game was, "Man, landing is tough."

Later I realized that this plane is one of the harder planes to takeoff/land. However, I find my experience with the P-39 has helped me greatly in being able to fly other less "demanding" planes.

My love for this plane increased when I downloaded a Canadian Airforce skin (ya, you guessed it, I'm Canadaian /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Anyway, played a little online to continue learning dogfighting (a.k.a. the newb gets shot down a lot!) Great fun. Had some kills (mostly 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2 in a customized map).

Really enjoyed how well my P-39 climbed and manourved (i.e., tight turns, loops). Got shot down once too many, and pulled out that "flying tank" - the Il-2 and had a couple of kills. The guy I played certainly was an experienced dog-fighter, but even with my limited skill the P-39 was able to make him earn his kills. If only it was a little tougher hmmm....

XyZspineZyX
09-16-2003, 06:28 PM
I started playing this game a couple of weeks ago with the P-39 class plane (I especially like the P-39-Q10). My initial reaction to the game was, "Man, landing is tough."

Later I realized that this plane is one of the harder planes to takeoff/land. However, I find my experience with the P-39 has helped me greatly in being able to fly other less "demanding" planes.

My love for this plane increased when I downloaded a Canadian Airforce skin (ya, you guessed it, I'm Canadaian /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Anyway, played a little online to continue learning dogfighting (a.k.a. the newb gets shot down a lot!) Great fun. Had some kills (mostly 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2 in a customized map).

Really enjoyed how well my P-39 climbed and manourved (i.e., tight turns, loops). Got shot down once too many, and pulled out that "flying tank" - the Il-2 and had a couple of kills. The guy I played certainly was an experienced dog-fighter, but even with my limited skill the P-39 was able to make him earn his kills. If only it was a little tougher hmmm....

XyZspineZyX
09-16-2003, 06:30 PM
sorry, that's the IL-2 (but you probably realized that, right?)

XyZspineZyX
09-16-2003, 06:36 PM
ITS a good plane and In FB it got better, much better..I fly it alot(like killing FW's in it) , the only thing I dont like about it is speed, its 2 slow/i/smilies/16x16_robot-sad.gif
here is my p39
http://www.uploadit.org/files/160903-p39.JPG

<center> http://www.uploadit.org/files/060903-avia_036.jpg1.jpg <center>
<marquee> <FONT COLOR="red">[b] http://www.uploadit.org/files/070903-flugzeug4.gif <marquee> <FONT COLOR="red">[b]
<font color="red">I</font> <font color="blue">c</font><font color="green">a</font><font color="orange">n</font>
<font color="yellow">d</font><font color="pink">o</font> <font color="purple">c</font><font color="red">o</font><font color="blue">l</font><font color="lime">o</font><font color="yellow">r</font> /i/smilies/16x16_robot-surprised.gif