PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Rogue will not accept keyboard input - needs fixing

Dragonspride95
02-12-2017, 03:21 PM
The thing is obviously a bad port, The Problem is most likely that it assumes that the joysticks are the default input this can be worked around by unplugging every other input excluding Mouse Keyboard and Headphones, The problem is that you can't easily tell what usb is what. And if your setup is anything like mine it is a pain in the you know what to get behind the computer. Please give a patch. Just saying, you guys have a incredible propensity to mess up PC ports.

Update: So I got it to launch through the Ubisoft Uplay browser, it let me in, stated up my save the game was stuck in a perpetual rotation because my joystick throttle is a bit off. Still having major problems accepting keyboard input. No settings in menu to disable joystick input.

Black_Widow9
02-12-2017, 07:45 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forums,

Can you post your specs? Does your mouse/keyboard/controller meet the Requirements (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/000023124/Minimum-Requirements-PC-ACRO/)? You should be able to check the default [or altered] key layout in the control menu. If you keep having issues, get in touch with our Support team (https://support.ubi.com/) for assistance.

Thanks

Dragonspride95
02-12-2017, 08:25 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forums,

Can you post your specs? Does your mouse/keyboard/controller meet the Requirements (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/000023124/Minimum-Requirements-PC-ACRO/)? You should be able to check the default [or altered] key layout in the control menu. If you keep having issues, get in touch with our Support team (https://support.ubi.com/) for assistance.

Thanks

Nothing personal man, but Ubisoft has a reputation for a reason. I feel sorry for you guys having to take the brunt of this. And sense I have some one on coms, when you guys bringing back the Silent Hunter franchise, (And no SHO doesn't count.)

Keyboard Logitech G510S
Mouse Zelotes T-80 Big Mac

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Manufacturer Intel
Speed 3.4 GHz
Number of Cores 4
CPU ID BFEBFBFF000306C3
Family 06
Model 3C
Stepping 3
Revision
Memory
RAM 16 GB
Video Card
Video Card Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Manufacturer Intel
Chipset Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Dedicated Memory 128 MB
Total Memory 3.0 GB
Pixel Shader Version 5.0
Vertex Shader Version 5.0
Hardware T & L Yes
Vendor ID 8086
Device 0412
Plug and Play ID VEN_8086&DEV_0412&SUBSYS_D0001458&REV_06
Driver Version 20.19.15.4531
Video Card #2
Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Manufacturer NVIDIA
Chipset GeForce GTX 970
Dedicated Memory 4.0 GB
Total Memory 4.0 GB
Pixel Shader Version 5.1
Vertex Shader Version 5.1
Hardware T & L Yes
Vendor ID 10DE
Device 13C2
Plug and Play ID VEN_10DE&DEV_13C2&SUBSYS_29743842&REV_A1
Driver Version 21.21.13.7653
Operating System
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 (build 14393), 64-bit
Service Pack 0
Size 64-bit
Edition
Version 10.0.14393
Locale 0409
BIOS
BIOS BIOS Date: 06/17/14 14:57:15 Ver: 04.06.05
Version American Megatrends Inc. F6
Manufacturer American Megatrends Inc.
Date 06/17/14
Sound
Audio 1
Sound Device HyperX 7.1 Audio
Driver 10.0.14393.0
Audio 2
Sound Device Realtek High Definition Audio
Driver 6.0.1.7535
Audio 3
Sound Device NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)
Driver 1.2.40.0
Audio 4
Sound Device Intel(R) Display Audio
Driver 6.16.0.3197
Audio 5
Sound Device NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Driver 1.3.34.17
Drives
DVD HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW CH30N
CD HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW CH30N
Drive 1
Size 886.0 GB
Free Memory 613.9 GB
Drive 2
Size 976.6 GB
Free Memory 364.4 GB
Software
Internet Explorer 11.576.14393.0
Chrome 56.0.2924.87
Firefox
Safari
Java
Flash 18.0.0.203
DirectX 11.0
.NET 4.6.2
QuickTime
Adobe PDF Reader

strigoi1958
02-13-2017, 12:59 AM
I have a usb drink warmer and for some reason it affects my keyboard in Batman Arkham Knight... I don't think it's Warner brothers job to find a solution for keeping my drink warm :) I unplug it

This happens with lots of games from lots of different publishers (not just Ubi) I don't think it is the duty of Devs to try to guess exactly what peripherals everyone in the world has and make sure that the millions of extras do not conflict with a game that works perfectly as sold.

For 1 ($1, €1) you could buy a USB hub on ebay and plug that in the back of your PC and have 4 usb ports where you can see them, I have 2.

It's not a pc Port problem... all console are the same whereas all pc's are unique with different parts, peripherals and software and that brings problems for all pc owners at one time or another...

Also I too love Silent Hunter :)

Dragonspride95
02-13-2017, 09:19 AM
I have a usb drink warmer and for some reason it affects my keyboard in Batman Arkham Knight... I don't think it's Warner brothers job to find a solution for keeping my drink warm :) I unplug it

This happens with lots of games from lots of different publishers (not just Ubi) I don't think it is the duty of Devs to try to guess exactly what peripherals everyone in the world has and make sure that the millions of extras do not conflict with a game that works perfectly as sold.

For 1 ($1, €1) you could buy a USB hub on ebay and plug that in the back of your PC and have 4 usb ports where you can see them, I have 2.

It's not a pc Port problem... all console are the same whereas all pc's are unique with different parts, peripherals and software and that brings problems for all pc owners at one time or another...

Also I too love Silent Hunter :)

Ah a fellow sea wolf!

I gotta say I disagree. These are recurring problems. You could call it insanity because they keep making the same mistake.

Shed13
01-29-2018, 09:32 PM
I know it's a pain, but disconnect all of your PC's controllers except for the mouse and keyboard.

Next, play the game. As the mouse and keyboard are the only input devices it ca find on your machine, they should work perfectly.

Make all the necessary or desired changes to your in game settings, apply them then exit the game.

The very next thing to do is go to the following folder,

C:\Users\username\Documents\Assassin's Creed Rogue

Inside that folder you will find a file named AssassinRogue.ini. Right click on the file and select Properties. Tick the Read Only box and Apply. This will stop the game resetting the input devices when you reconnect them to your PC.

Next reconnect your other controller and test it out.

Good luck.