PDA

View Full Version : Great game but I won't be buying to due to these connection and server problems

Damage_Incorp
02-12-2017, 02:57 PM
1) Opening the game for first time shows "faction war not available" then #1 #2 #3 instead of brawl/deathmatch/dominion.Then nothing can be clicked.It needs restart to fix

2) Searching for a game finds almost nothing for dominion in europe even though thousands are playing the beta

3) Finding a game shows "Error - Cannot join lobby (lobby is full)" etc.If it's full why did you match me in that lobby?

4) Unspecified errors throwing you back to main menu during lobby and in-game

5) Players connecting or disconnecting crashes the game sometimes

6) Generally unresponsive menu and searching

7) Getting matched in a game where the team is breaking and the bot i replaced is dead

8) P2P connection assumes people have good internet but most have horrible upload and download so it ruins it.Use your own servers to host the match,and have everyone connect there.

Sorry but it's almost unplayable.Even with a green NAT.This really drags the game from a 9/10 to a 5/10.As game design is irrelevant if you can't actually play it.

Xb1MasterNoctis
02-12-2017, 03:09 PM
1) Opening the game for first time shows "faction war not available" then #1 #2 #3 instead of brawl/deathmatch/dominion.Then nothing can be clicked.It needs restart to fix

2) Searching for a game finds almost nothing for dominion in europe even though thousands are playing the beta

3) Finding a game shows "Error - Cannot join lobby (lobby is full)" etc.If it's full why did you match me in that lobby?

4) Unspecified errors throwing you back to main menu during lobby and in-game

5) Players connecting or disconnecting crashes the game sometimes

6) Generally unresponsive menu and searching

7) Getting matched in a game where the team is breaking and the bot i replaced is dead

8) P2P connection assumes people have good internet but most have horrible upload and download so it ruins it.Use your own servers to host the match,and have everyone connect there.

Sorry but it's almost unplayable.Even with a green NAT.This really drags the game from a 9/10 to a 5/10.As game design is irrelevant if you can't actually play it.

You Remember when GTA V first came no one could get online because of a server overload.

The game is still in beta there just collecting data so when the full game comes out they can fix the server saying you won't buy a game because of server issue every single new game has server issue for the first month and bit just can't press a button boom fixed.

4. Happen in more game than you think it is fixable just give it time they only have some many people working on so many thing.

5. Doesn't matter what game you play crashes happen here and there just apart of gaming now it will be fix in due time. Players disconnecting it happen in every game maybe not as much but it still happens.

6. Have you played Bf1 lately.

1. Yes i know it's annoying but the game in beta not even out yet so i wouldn't get to worried or worked up about it.

3. what happens is if you find a game and just by chance so many people looking for the same thing try to put two people into one spot someone has to lose 50/50.

Tronny666
02-12-2017, 03:12 PM
You Remember when GTA V first came no one could get online because of a server overload.

The game is still in beta there just collecting data so when the full game comes out they can fix the server saying you won't buy a game because of server issue every single new game has server issue for the first month and bit just can't press a button boom fixed.

4. Happen in more game than you think it is fixable just give it time they only have some many people working on so many thing.

5. Doesn't matter what game you play crashes happen here and there just apart of gaming now it will be fix in due time. Players disconnecting it happen in every game maybe not as much but it still happens.

1. Yes i know it's annoying but the game in beta not even out yet so i wouldn't get to worried or worked up about it.

3. what happens is if you find a game and just by chance so many people looking for the same thing try to put two people into one spot someone has to lose 50/50.

Oh look ubisoft white knights sheeps defense force has arrived.

Damage_Incorp
02-12-2017, 03:16 PM

It doesnt matter if it happens in other games.I am talking about this game.Btw bf1 menu is extremely useful and responsive ,don't get your point

Also the "beta" excuse is invalid because this is basically a DEMO not a beta.The game comes out in 2 days.In 2 days they can fix absolutely ZERO bugs from feedback etc.This is currently the release build

cirte8_6
02-12-2017, 03:20 PM

110427 is not very much for a "hyped" game. Ubisoft failed again thats all.

Ragnar---
02-12-2017, 03:21 PM
Works pretty fine for me.

Damage_Incorp
02-12-2017, 03:24 PM

That's great.Have fun

Defenestrator_.
02-12-2017, 03:31 PM

Okay, i guess that makes OP's problem go away. Glad you posted.

topeira1980
02-12-2017, 03:37 PM
It doesnt matter if it happens in other games.I am talking about this game.Btw bf1 menu is extremely useful and responsive ,don't get your point

Also the "beta" excuse is invalid because this is basically a DEMO not a beta.The game comes out in 2 days.In 2 days they can fix absolutely ZERO bugs from feedback etc.This is currently the release build

not true.

the beta is not just a promotional purpose. studies have long proven that demos hurt sales. not help them. trust me - ubi got the memo. this is why you hadly see demos these days.
But when there IS a beta it is for netcode optimization and server overload testing. the main purpose of the beta is to test the servers under a load that UBI has never experienced with this game.
with all their testing of FH until now they couldnt try and see how the servers hold up to such huge number of players. now, that they believe the game was in a good shape, they released an open beta to test, for the first time, such a load and discover problems so they can fix them.
before the beta they couldnt see how it feels when hundreds of thousands play simultaniously.

now they know and can start solving server issues.

in this state of the game they are not going to change to fix any issues. its too late. BUT its a good time to keep on fixing netcode and server problems. these are not only things that make sense to fix now, but also fix as we go and overtime during the game's life.

trust me - i am having almost every problem that you are having. 60% of my time i play custim matches by myself against lvl2 AIs with some fun rules i set in the options instead of fighting other players. i am as frustrated as you are. but i also understand that the point of the beta is not just to promote the game (is it really promoting the game well if it's crashing every second match?) but to stress test it.
i hope the issues will be fixed before the release or soon there after.

in the end of march im having my first baby and time for games will diminish significantly so if i want to play for honor i dont have much choice but to buy it now and hope for the best, but you - if you are not stressed to do so than its best you wait and read forums reviews to see if the issues have been fixed before buying it. i wish i had the luxury of waiting but if i do i might not get much of a chance to play :\

mothercruncher
02-12-2017, 03:44 PM
Also now no longer buying this due to the network/matchmaking setup.
With Plug N Play enabled on my router I can see For Honor open a range of ports when I boot it up- still sit there with, accoring to the in game icon, a red NAT.
Took the trouble to give the PS4 a dedicated I.P. and assign it to the DMZ and it briefly worked yesterday. Today, still in the DMZ, I can't connect to anything.

I've never had to resort to the DMZ in two years of PS4 online gaming, and, even so, it only works intermittently here anyway. My gaming time is precious- I don't get much of it. That a big reason I chose console gaming over the PC, yet here I am f*cking around trying to massage things into life.

From what little I could play For Honor looks like a brilliant, fresh new game. But it's fundamentally hamstrung by some poor technical decisions to the point where, over three days of trying, I've managed about 90 minutes of play. It's a farce UbiSoft, it's NOT good enough. Sort it.

Th3_Punisher__
02-12-2017, 03:44 PM
AAAAHAHAHAHA

Keep dreaming ...

They haven't fixed Rainbow Six Siege's netcode in almost two years (counting beta) and you tell me they'll do it for their next cash grab ... Yeah sure . There are bugs present in Siege ever since closed/open beta that weren't fixed .... And they keep introducing new ones with each patch .

Also guess what ... same connectivity issues present in Siege are present in For Honor as well ! What a surprise ...

If you expect a proper product from the company whose CEO said 95% of PC gamers are thieves and they don't deserve their attention ... then you truly must be insane ... or on their payroll .

Knight_Raime
02-12-2017, 04:06 PM
While I respect your opinion I feel like I should remind you that it is a beta. right now people are frequently connecting with people from other regions because of the population. Once the full game comes out it should be more likely that you are matching with people in your region more often.

Damage_Incorp
02-12-2017, 04:53 PM
While I respect your opinion I feel like I should remind you that it is a beta. right now people are frequently connecting with people from other regions because of the population. Once the full game comes out it should be more likely that you are matching with people in your region more often.

The lower population is to be expected.The connection problems though are not,especially when it's pretty much a release build