PDA

View Full Version : Unspoken rules of for honor.

Xb1MasterNoctis
02-12-2017, 02:11 PM
2v2 Brawls/1v1 Duel.

Honor.
If you kill your opponent don't run over and help your team mate fight his own battle.

Optional don't cut there head off if they fought well, I know seeing head fly is fun and all.

Don't attack in till you know there at there controller, and start moving around all you know there controller died. (Keyboards just wait in till they move around.)

Say good fight if it was a good fight or when the match is finished.

Send helpful message to people you beat if you see them having a hard time.

Don't send hate mail .

Don't rage quit.

Don't team kill.

No honor.
Don't follow any of these rules.

Hi everyone these are just my personal rules i set for myself, but i think when you're playing 1v1 or 2v2 you run out stam it bit like ugh really kill me, or it turns into a 1v2 but somehow because you're such a beast you paddle them both anyway.

So i took out the stam rules people were making some great points like why would you wait for them to catch there breath.

GewaltSam
02-12-2017, 02:17 PM
I play with my own code of honor, and I have to say, I only don't jump people out of stamina if they are clearly much worse than me, to give them a chance. But running out of stamina is not a mishappen, but bad planning. And, even out of stamina, you can still perfectly block, dodge and parry.
The other things i can agree with so far. Just, good game after every game: I try to avoid that, simply because it gets to a kind of "constraint": "he didn't write good game, was it a bad game now??" So I try to give ggs after a whole match, after very close or nice fights, but not all the time.

My two cents :)

PackingMoney
02-12-2017, 02:19 PM
2v2 Brawls/1v1 Duel.

Honor.
If you kill your opponent don't run over and help your team mate fight his own battle.

If your opponent runs out of stam don't go in for the kill.

Optional don't cut there head off if they fought well, I know seeing head fly is fun and all.

Don't attack in till you know there at there controller, and start moving around all you know there controller died. (Keyboards just wait in till they move around.)

Always say good fight.

Send helpful message to people you beat if you see them having a hard time.

Don't send hate mail .

Don't rage quit.

Don't team kill.

No honor.
Don't follow any of these rules.

Hi everyone these are just my personal rules i set for myself, but i think when you're playing 1v1 or 2v2 you run out stam it bit like ugh really kill me, or it turns into a 1v2 but somehow because you're such a beast you paddle them both anyway.

I like that you are respectful and don't interrupt 1v1s (like myself), but if your opponent runs out of stamina, they shouldn't be rewarded by you letting them get it back so they have another chance to kill you, especially considering stamina management is crucial and it is there own fault if they run out of it.

CoyoteXStarrk
02-12-2017, 02:20 PM
If you win your 1 v 1 then give your teammate to do the same. \

Otherwise you and your teammate are just scrubs who can''t win the match on their own skill.

There are no excuses. If you gang up on the enemy then you confirm the fact you are incapable of winning on your own.

End of story.

Xb1MasterNoctis
02-12-2017, 02:24 PM
Saying these are my personal rules i play by if you don't want to adopted some these rules that fine no worries i hope you are enjoying the game either way. :D

Xb1MasterNoctis
02-12-2017, 02:27 PM
Just, good game after every game: I try to avoid that, simply because it gets to a kind of "constraint": "he didn't write good game, was it a bad game now??" So I try to give ggs after a whole match, after very close or nice fights, but not all the time.

My two cents :)[/QUOTE]

You know what you are right i'll edit that i should made myself bit more clear.

Shinimas
02-12-2017, 02:28 PM
I respect 1v1s in a Brawl. Unless I don't. Depends on the mood. You can send me hatemail, I have a special tear-proof folder for those.

cirte8_6
02-12-2017, 02:31 PM
peacekeepers dont care about it. they want stab everything.

normally ill prefer a "honorful" fight but rare to find players for that, the most like sandwiching

Xb1MasterNoctis
02-12-2017, 02:33 PM
I like that you are respectful and don't interrupt 1v1s (like myself), but if your opponent runs out of stamina, they shouldn't be rewarded by you letting them get it back so they have another chance to kill you, especially considering stamina management is crucial and it is there own fault if they run out of it.

Thank you for your input i'll edit my rules you made a great point.

Zv1k0
02-12-2017, 02:38 PM
Usually ill let others to fight it out 1v1 because if our enemy kill my teammate i can say show what you got against me and kill them honorably. Its way better feeling to let it play out 1v1 so i agree with you on this. But stamina..its part of a fight and its just stupid why would i let him regenerate stamina? Imagine yourself in a real life fight. Would you wait for someone to catch their breath while you could easily kill them, knowing if you do your life is in danger? Killing exhausted enemy its not unhonorable at all. Its just better strategy or better physical shape. Its exactly what you would do against way bigger guy than you in real fight.

Oni-Nikuya
02-12-2017, 02:45 PM

Otherwise you and your teammate are just scrubs who can''t win the match on their own skill.

There are no excuses. If you gang up on the enemy then you confirm the fact you are incapable of winning on your own.

End of story.

Could be argued that you're proving you can't win without asking other people to follow your rules. As far as I'm concerned, play by whatever rules you want but don't be mad if you lose when someone else doesn't care about your rules.

Xb1MasterNoctis
02-12-2017, 02:48 PM
Could be argued that you're proving you can't win without asking other people to follow your rules. As far as I'm concerned, play by whatever rules you want but don't be mad if you lose when someone else doesn't care about your rules.

I don't think he is saying that at all as a player i don't expect people follow these rules by all means play how you want to play. If my friend can never win by himself why would i go into battle with him if he can't protect himself.

GewaltSam
02-12-2017, 03:04 PM
I'll wait out most 1on1s, too, in every mode except Dominion, that is (too hectic of a battlefield to really pay attention to honor :P). I simply do that because I'm still learning, and I get nothing out of killing somebody 2on1. Also, I made the experience that I can beat nearly every player matchmaking throws me against anyway, IF I put my head to it and use my full potential. Especially if they just had to kill one of my teammates, they are probably not even at full HP. So I mostly wait, EXCEPT for when my teammate asks me for help (ping is very good for that).
That's just how I fare personally though, no need to make rules for everybody.

Fuzzybutts
02-12-2017, 03:15 PM
*Honor Not Required.

As long as hacks and exploits aren't involved, ****s fine with me.

If your knocked off a ledge, you deserved it due to poor positioning.

If you run out of stamina, you deserve it due to poor resource management.

If your executed, you deserve it for not finding a way to deny it (jumping off a ledge with low hp, letting bleeds, etc kill you), and allowing yourself to have a heavy landed on you.

If your AFK in the matchmaker and lose, you REALLY kinda deserved it. Unless your house is on fire or your wife is having a baby.

Trash talk is ok, but be prepared to have said talk stuffed down your throat.

Spamming the same attacks is ok, but be prepared to be predicted and turned against/counterplayed for playing like an idiot.

Hate Mail just means they have personal insecurities, they may go ahead and send it and prove that they have such insecurities.

Rage-Quitting gives me a free easy *** bot-game to get easy steel and exp from. Should probably impact win-rate and matchmaking tho.

Basically the honly dishonorobuh on familry things that exist are exploitation of hacks and exploits imho. But as a dark souls nerd, even exploits can be excused if they require a very high skill cap to accomplish and you can see them coming from a mile away and have a means to counter them.

Chris_Oblivion
02-12-2017, 03:25 PM
In 2v2 mode, I will jump in on the last opponent. If people want a 1v1 -- play 1v1. I'll stay out of it only if the team mate says so. It's a war. A battle. There are no rules, only those that you are bound to by the environment and tools at your disposal. There is honour in death, as well. Just die quickly, and quietly. May the best man win.

Godsplitter1991
02-12-2017, 03:28 PM
But i don't trust people on the internet. Many times I have tried to give respect but none is given in return. As such, they will be treated the same.

Knight_Raime
02-12-2017, 04:09 PM
Only thing I do is let them fight it out and i'll fight the winner.

Zemus-
02-12-2017, 04:42 PM
In general I will let the 1v1 play out unless asked. Honestly I like to observe it and learn my potential enemy playstyle to gain an advantage or even let my friend know why and how he made a critical error to get better. If the enemy team does not honor it then all bets are off and its on with no BS.

As for the OP and "Don't Execute" that will never happen. If you leave yourself open for a heavy you deserve it and I don't know WHO I am fighting and revives are a bigger potential problem then hurting someones pride because you beat them. Feel bad? Learn from your mistake and GET BETTER to return the favor.

1 Last thing too. I consider myself after closed and open beta's to be pretty decent at this game and in being the 1 in a 2v1 I have turned around multiple times and won because of revenge to players who are not smart and too eager to "Win" one point of advice is remember SOMETIMES its not smart to rush in knowing you are giving your enemy Super Armor and a massive attack boost potentially screwing over your ally and loosing the match because of your lack of patience. Know what class you are attacking because waiting actually maybe the better option

DrExtrem
02-12-2017, 04:54 PM
I always thought that the unspoken rules were.

- rub it in like a boss
- shove'em off a ledge
- if they can't counter guard break, flame them with 'git gud!'
- stay near ledges to force a draw
- shank'em and run away
- spam light attacks and laugh at them while doing it
- rub it in like a boss.
- fight in groups vs. single players
- rub it in again.

XealousX
02-12-2017, 05:16 PM
Those who seek or enforce honour, can never obtain it, for to seek honour is not honourable.

From the tenets of Bushido;

Honour (名誉 )
Warriors have only one judge of honor and character, and this is themselves. Decisions they make and how these decisions are carried out is a reflection of whom they truly are. You cannot hide from yourself.

Others, like many in this thread , dishonour themselves at every step.

Xb1MasterNoctis, you I bow to.

Wateverdude
02-12-2017, 05:20 PM
Why not jump in and apply pressure to a foe that can't manage his/her stamina, it's their fault.
I personal think that cutting their head is less offensive than spamming gesture.

GewaltSam
02-12-2017, 05:56 PM
Honor is determined by winners. And how you win is no matter of honor at all. Win and be honourable or die worthless. That is all.

"Honor is determined by winners"? History, yes, but not honor. Philosophy and ethics try to define such things on a general level. When I win a game through dishonorable behavior, and everybody knows, I, the winner, won't be able to ever change this - except for when I win really big, and get to the point where I decide what history books say.

Logicfails1
02-12-2017, 06:26 PM
You can't tell people how to play a game - if the rules you put forth were the intention of the creators they would have made systems to enforce them. All you are doing is just imposing restrictions no one agreed to and getting mad when people don't follow them. Stop being a spoiled brat yelling at kids for playing with toys wrong and just play the game. The ancestor spirits of samurais, knights, and vikings aren't going to come down and congratulate you for fighting a certain way. You want to have honor that's fine and when someone guard break fishes you off the map guess what - that's fine to; no one likes losing especially when they feel like they're the better player but that's how the game works and the sooner you understand that the less salty you will be.

Butonfly
02-12-2017, 06:28 PM
First rule: Go read sirlin.net "Playing to Win"
Second Rule: Always play to win.

GewaltSam
02-12-2017, 06:30 PM

See, I learned that there are two types of people: People who play to win, and people who play for amusement. I know examples out of both groups. Please don't tell people how to play, they have no right to tell you, either.

BTW, I had some very good games with what one would call honorable opponents. I'd even say there's not less of them than the try hards that want to win no matter what. I myself will continue to play honorable and have fun watching what other people will do. You will never hear me complain about your playstyle, ever (although I might comment some way or another, but never whiny or "you have no honor!"). It is sooo satisfying though to kick those guys who run and only jump you in numbers up and down the bridge or the castle courtyard. Also, I always grin when I play my 2nd or 3rd round against an opponent, he sees me and simply starts to run :D This one will never get old.

Shukr4n
02-12-2017, 06:39 PM
*Honor Not Required.

As long as hacks and exploits aren't involved, ****s fine with me.

If your knocked off a ledge, you deserved it due to poor positioning.

If you run out of stamina, you deserve it due to poor resource management.

If your executed, you deserve it for not finding a way to deny it (jumping off a ledge with low hp, letting bleeds, etc kill you), and allowing yourself to have a heavy landed on you.

If your AFK in the matchmaker and lose, you REALLY kinda deserved it. Unless your house is on fire or your wife is having a baby.

Trash talk is ok, but be prepared to have said talk stuffed down your throat.

Spamming the same attacks is ok, but be prepared to be predicted and turned against/counterplayed for playing like an idiot.

Hate Mail just means they have personal insecurities, they may go ahead and send it and prove that they have such insecurities.

Rage-Quitting gives me a free easy *** bot-game to get easy steel and exp from. Should probably impact win-rate and matchmaking tho.

Basically the honly dishonorobuh on familry things that exist are exploitation of hacks and exploits imho. But as a dark souls nerd, even exploits can be excused if they require a very high skill cap to accomplish and you can see them coming from a mile away and have a means to counter them.

finally

LeonaBott
02-12-2017, 06:48 PM

End of story.

Never understood this mentality. Just because a team uses their numbers advantage against you doesn't make them bad... all it means is they are using the most effective tactics to secure their win, don't get salty because the enemy team didn't handicap themselves to follow your silly made up rules. Especially when there is a 1v1 mode for a reason

Besides, I often enjoy fighting multiple people at once, I feel it's very good dodging/block practice because you have to focus on defense instead of offense until you build up that revenge.

DrExtrem
02-12-2017, 06:54 PM

And f*** those, who want to play for fun.

Shukr4n
02-12-2017, 07:02 PM
basically u can reasume it like "if i am bad at playing leaving my teammate 2v1 it is opponent's fault to use my noobness to his advantage"

BornDominator37
02-12-2017, 07:08 PM
I think this can be simplified for everyone who wants to argue this, just don't be an ******* to people. It ruins the game. Play it fair, if someone can handle a 2v1, fine. But don't shield bash, run away, shield bash, etc. We all know those people. Just don't be a ****. I don't want to see the players and community of this game turn into cancer.

DrExtrem
02-12-2017, 07:13 PM
noone hinders you to play how you like.

I should have added a sarcasm sign ...

Btw. That's why I think it was a great idea to add matches vs. AI. .. They are usually less salty, more fun and nobody needs to feel bad, if a bot goes flying. Ee know, that the bots would do it.

Damonrodes
02-12-2017, 07:14 PM
I think this can be simplified for everyone who wants to argue this, just don't be an ******* to people. It ruins the game. Play it fair, if someone can handle a 2v1, fine. But don't shield bash, run away, shield bash, etc. We all know those people. Just don't be a ****. I don't want to see the players and community of this game turn into cancer.

Alot of people have fun being a c*nt and trolling people. Play the game however you want, other people will play however they want. If you can't figure out a way to beat their c*nt tactics and trolling, that's your problem. They are gonna have a blast doing it to you while you ***** that he's an *******.

Xb1MasterNoctis
02-13-2017, 04:12 AM
Never understood this mentality. Just because a team uses their numbers advantage against you doesn't make them bad... all it means is they are using the most effective tactics to secure their win, don't get salty because the enemy team didn't handicap themselves to follow your silly made up rules. Especially when there is a 1v1 mode for a reason

Besides, I often enjoy fighting multiple people at once, I feel it's very good dodging/block practice because you have to focus on defense instead of offense until you build up that revenge.

We don't get salty if you don't follow these rules play how you want to play.

Yvendel
02-13-2017, 04:39 AM
Cute wikipedia quote. You should know that BUSHIDO was way of living. Way of warrior in life(thats why there is compassion, integrity and duty. But way of fighting is different. Way of sword(KEN-DO, unfortunately term now used by mere sport) was about winning. No matter the cost or way.

Wat? No. BUSHIDO is a way of life as a warrior, you carry the weight of the fighter in your everyday's life. Do you know about duels? In Dojos? Lords? You can't be serious. Honor is honor.
The problem would be that what the emperor ordered you to do, as a servant, in a war, you do the work you has been assigned too. The code itself had a flaw in that matter, easily harvestable.

A duel is a duel, a tournament is a tournament. Of course, in a war of large proportions, things are diferent, but, a 4 vs 4 cant even be called a birthday party lol.

In history, people used the code of "honor" to do a lot of ********, like the people in for honor saying "the game let me troll you, git gud you weebo sucker honor **** i **** your mom". More or less. This doesnt mean that the code itself was bad, like the game itself.

devoid_Of_Funk
02-13-2017, 04:40 AM
I'll give you the same amount of "honor" that bots do. which is absolutely none. bots gank, use ledges, run away to double team, and gloat over their kills. if the game does it then apparently it is meant to be there and utilized. I see it this way. my honor is for my team, not my enemy. why would I just stand there and watch you kill my friend?

WTWR_Zydrate
02-13-2017, 04:41 AM
... if you want 1on1 go play duel. Donīt make up arbitrary rules.

I'm in this camp, honestly. I play to win.

CrestfallenNito
02-13-2017, 04:43 AM
Play 1v1 if you want an honorable duel. 2v2 brawls are just that, Brawls

AkenoKobayashi
02-13-2017, 05:18 AM
Cool story, bro.

Butonfly
02-13-2017, 05:23 AM
And f*** those, who want to play for fun.

There is a richer, deeper, more profound level of fun to be found in Playing to Win, it doesn't even compare with what you're suggesting.

I invite you to explore the full depths of the game (or any competitive game) and discover the true fun to be had within.

Or continue to be a scrub and come play the forums if that's your preference! : D

Butonfly
02-13-2017, 05:30 AM

I feel sorry for you then, because this thread is an example that the cancer is already here XD

All the people saying "Play the objective. Play to win. Play the design of the game/mode" are the good health of the community.

All those who create arbitrary rules, complain that people don't follow them, and actively belittle and objectify said people through complaints and bullying in game are examples of cancer.

XD

HavocSix
02-13-2017, 05:30 AM
I'll stay out of a 1v1. Not because of honor or anything. Just because I like to watch the fight. If my teammate pings for help though, I'll jump in.

Ex__Machina
02-13-2017, 05:39 AM
don't use your revenge mode in 2v2 if you earned 90% of said vengence in the last fight

Divenity
02-13-2017, 05:47 AM

Everyone has their own definition of honor... I can agree with almost all of these, but as far as I'm concerned, this one is BS. (really what I'm about to say applies to the first 3 rules, but I'll focus mostly on this one).

It's not "their own battle", a 2v2 is a 2v2, not 2 1v1s on the same map, it's meant to be played as a team, play it as a team, not doing so is tactically inept, there is nothing worse than underestimating your opponent... Letting them conclude their 1v1, letting your teammate potentially die, the opponent getting healing from killing your ally, and then trying to 1v1 them yourself is a gross underestimation of their skill, because you are essentially assuming you can beat this person, and being wrong will cost you the match, which is bad... Why? Because you aren't supposed to be there to satisfy your pride, you are supposed to be there to help your side win the faction war, and doing anything which hampers your progress towards that goal is dishonoring your entire faction... That means you do whatever you have to in order to secure a win, and resources to deploy for your faction.

zesilo
02-13-2017, 05:55 AM
ya cuzz if im in a tourny im gonna watch my teammate die then give the guy a chance to win...

Mathonn
02-13-2017, 05:56 AM
I feel sorry for you then, because this thread is an example that the cancer is already here XD

All the people saying "Play the objective. Play to win. Play the design of the game/mode" are the good health of the community.

All those who create arbitrary rules, complain that people don't follow them, and actively belittle and objectify said people through complaints and bullying in game are examples of cancer.

XD

Mostly this, although I'm perfectly fine if an entire lobby agrees on the arbitrary rules and then plays by them, because why not at that point.

I find this thread hilariously ironic though, I mean really " Unspoken rules of For Honor" as the title of a thread listing all the rules people want to play by. :D

Vikko2
02-13-2017, 09:59 AM
It's absurd to apply the ideals of 1v1 / paired Honor to a warzone or skirmish (Dominion and Elimination, respectively).
It's just too many people, and strategically navigating the chaos is a part of the fun.

It's more fun for everyone involved not to team up during 2v2s though, but that's why Revenge exists, and it's been helpful to tip the scales.
If they team up on you, stand your ground until that Revenge comes and pop it while someone's attacking and get that free heavy attack or two.

Any unspoken rules past that are kind of a toss up.
Playing by a set of 'kind(?)' guidelines like that puts you in a position where you have to be wary of others who won't do the same as you, so if they don't follow your rules, it isn't their fault and given that you play by those rules- then you can definitely win playing by them too otherwise you shouldn't put yourself at that disadvantage in the first place.

If anything, just ditch those rules if your opponent doesn't follow them. It's fair game and they know it.

DrExtrem
02-13-2017, 10:31 AM
There is a richer, deeper, more profound level of fun to be found in Playing to Win, it doesn't even compare with what you're suggesting.

I invite you to explore the full depths of the game (or any competitive game) and discover the true fun to be had within.

Or continue to be a scrub and come play the forums if that's your preference! : D

No. You are mixing up fun with satisfaction and the feeling of being superior.

Its not even deeper or more profound - it simply is different. You draw your fun, from making other people feel weak. I could say, that it is more alike to schadenfreude.

If somebody can dran fun from the recreational activity itself, rather than winning only, it is an advantage. The thing is - we all play to win but if you only get your relief from winning, you are pressuring yourself, while limiting your chance to get satisfaction.

To a person like me, winning is the icing on the cake and not only the cake.

Brave_Thunder
02-13-2017, 01:00 PM
I firmly believe that everyone should play how he wants,as long as hacks or bugs aren't used.I have a personal code of honor,I always fight my 1v1,generally avoid to use ledges till my enemy uses it,and I will never gank someone,I'll let the duel end and then fight the winner.Many ignore this code and gank me,but I just laugh at them.Good luck catching me with my PK,and if you are 3,you can be sure that I will not stop to run till the timer ends.Play how you want,and try to find a way to tilt people that want to tilt you.
I can't see anything changing in my playstile if ranked comes.I want to earn things through duels,not sheer numbers:I abandoned mobas just for this.

Ch00senOn3
02-13-2017, 01:12 PM
Guys, itīs a war!
no War is with Honor!

If you want to win, all have to be allow or you are running to lose!

if you want fight with Honor! okay, but than take enemy and still throw him down. is no Honor

or just do the same, because its easy...
and so on

War is Hell
and the History will told from the winner, so the winner is always honorably ;)

btw
you are honorably if you help your own mate,
side by side!

and god is punish you if you stay behind a friend and do nothing while he is killing through enemy :D

fariic
02-13-2017, 02:32 PM
Don't executions give more points, along with the health regen? Why would you not execute?

It's almost like some of you don't understand the game is about a faction war, and that individual performance means more war assets which helps the faction.

Honor your faction, not the enemy,

fariic
02-13-2017, 02:35 PM
If executions award more points, and more points means more war assets...

You seem to be missing the point of the fight.

HeeneyOG
02-13-2017, 02:35 PM
I have only played with my mates so if we kill our guy first we will run over and watch wait until my mate asks for my help but will never interrupt the duel.