PDA

View Full Version : Control system with mouse and keyboard is complete crap

lioncashx
02-12-2017, 01:12 PM
I've tried it on just about every sensitivity and it's the same thing... slow unresponsive awfulness. I played with a controller yesterday and it improves the situation a thousand fold but I don't understand why PC players should be forced almost to buy a controller to play a game. The mouse is simply so sensitive at any level that half the time your gaurd is spiking all over the place not being able to make it's mind up which direction it wants to be or stay... it's madness, I can't move my camera without affecting my guard so dodge becomes the route of solutions, characters that rely on counters/parrying playstyle feel sluggish and wasted because of a frankly horrible control system 0.o I don't get it

xl0stx
02-12-2017, 01:21 PM
try playing with ps4 or xbox one controllers.

ausknipsr
02-12-2017, 01:22 PM
I've tried it on just about every sensitivity and it's the same thing... slow unresponsive awfulness. I played with a controller yesterday and it improves the situation a thousand fold but I don't understand why PC players should be forced almost to buy a controller to play a game. The mouse is simply so sensitive at any level that half the time your gaurd is spiking all over the place not being able to make it's mind up which direction it wants to be or stay... it's madness, I can't move my camera without affecting my guard so dodge becomes the route of solutions, characters that rely on counters/parrying playstyle feel sluggish and wasted because of a frankly horrible control system 0.o I don't get it

Its all about getting used to. I played the closed and open beta as well with controller and keyboard and now i can safely say i will stick with mouse+keyboard, because i am able to block better and respond faster. might be a personal thing.

Just keep on training.

SwiftStriker15
02-12-2017, 01:25 PM
Its all about getting used to. I played the closed and open beta as well with controller and keyboard and now i can safely say i will stick with mouse+keyboard, because i am able to block better and respond faster. might be a personal thing.

Just keep on training.

Yeah its hard at first but you will get used to it, i played open and closed beta now is just normal no awkwardness no more, trust me you'll get there

GagballBill
02-12-2017, 01:26 PM
That was my first impression as well. The controls with mouse + keys are the worst I have ever experienced in a PC game. Since I won't buy a controller simply to play this game, I will rather not buy this game at all. I also think the game content isn't worth a AAA price. 20 € max.

Fuzzybutts
02-12-2017, 02:42 PM
I will admit KB+M has a huge, glaring flaw that I would like to see adjustment added in for.

Individual heroes, at least, appear to have individual mouse sensativity with guard-mode active, but the slider in the options is across all characters.

What appears to be happening is that individual heroes all have their own 'base' sensativity and the slider in the controls options just changes it.

There is a very simple fix that can be done for this, and thats just to have a sensativity slider for each hero, or at least each hero class, than KB+M will be alot nicer.

NoLifeSpamPK
02-12-2017, 03:32 PM
Well its just points of view, i started to play with KB+M on technical test, i bought gamepad for the closed beta, and i couldnt play, im back to KB+M.
all is about your style, some ppl like gamepad some kbm

Damage_Incorp
02-12-2017, 03:36 PM
Generally i find the mouse controls bearable

BUT , the problem is,if you want to switch sides between combo moves , with a controller you can hold the direction you want and it will switch when possible.

With the mouse though , you have to keep dragging it across the mousepad or back and forth like an idiot cause you got to be moving it at the right moment