PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated servers ?

Galduurung
02-12-2017, 12:54 PM
For a game which is based on multi, do not set up dedicated server is scandalous. Look forward to play thanks to P2P , and suffer from bad connections from players.
In view of the price of the game, dedicated servers must be indispensable.

Tronny666
02-12-2017, 03:21 PM
No buy for me without dedicated servers.
They don't believe In their games enough to invest for the long term, nor will I.

Knight_Raime
02-12-2017, 04:08 PM
it's not your traditional p2p.
Also. dedi servers won't fix connection problems. all it would do is ensure that the match won't be dropped if someone lags or lags out.
People need to start realizing that dedi servers don't remove or fix lag problems or most connection issues. They are a nice thing to have for sure.
But they don't make everything better like people glorify it.

murathc
02-12-2017, 04:27 PM
it's not your traditional p2p.
Also. dedi servers won't fix connection problems. all it would do is ensure that the match won't be dropped if someone lags or lags out.
People need to start realizing that dedi servers don't remove or fix lag problems or most connection issues. They are a nice thing to have for sure.
But they don't make everything better like people glorify it.

relaying on ppls internet connection is no good.
dedicated servers or not i agree for bugs but it will make things much more easier for lots of ppl.AND i want to play with friends from other continents ffs this is internet not intranet.
or continet.

so unless dedicated servers are there so many ppl wont be buying the game for good reasons.

the game is absolutely fun but without fixing matchmaking and networking problems the game is no fun at all. i cant spend a 20 min to try to find the elimination game and then be kicked or game crashed on ps4.. just because im on a different continent from other 100k ppl who is playing.. no fun at all.

this might not be traditional p2p but things got way too complicated and it is clear they didnt test it properly.
,closed beta was working way better in any way.

Vakris_One
02-12-2017, 04:32 PM
They're not the holy grail that will fix everything, they also have drawbacks - namely how far away you are from their servers the weaker your connection will be. They'd need to put servers in key areas around the globe in order to get decent levels of connections for the majority of players. If they haven't done that already then it will take some time to do it. Either that or rent those servers from Amazon.

All that being said dedicated servers will prevent being dropped from a match in progress.

What I wonder is would it not be possible to have both a couple of dedicated servers and Ubi's custom P2P networking? Increased stability due to a few servers but decreased costs and dependance on maintaining large numbers of server farms around the world.

Tillo.
02-12-2017, 04:36 PM
Google servers are cheap and they are all around the globe.
Matchmaking takes forever if it doesn't fail, games crash, pauses during the game...this can't happen in the end game, please tell me it won't.

Yvendel
02-12-2017, 05:15 PM
Too much desync fluctuations on matches, you lose the rythme of the fight... its hell. And it seems not all people are seeing this, instead they say "omfg this chars is so quick broken, wtf but I blocked that the game is broken". The problem is p2p, and this is the main reason why I cant buy the game right now.

Hope they will decide to make servers, because p2p still is a bad issue here on beta. Matchmaking is buggy as hell too.