PDA

View Full Version : My problem with the game and why I won't be purchasing it thanks to the beta.

dabagonsmith
02-12-2017, 12:34 PM
First of all let me name off some positives so it doesn't seem like i'm salty or just hating the game to hate it. I genuinely love the core concept and game play mechanics of the game. It's fresh, new, and innovative and I never thought I would be saying that about a game published by Ubisosft, plus it looks good and runs great even on meh hardware. Now onto why I think game is going to turn a lot of people away especially with this open beta.

I am glad there was a beta by the way because I was almost certainly going to get the game a little later down the line from all I was seeing from it and how it was turning out and more games should have betas for this purpose. My main issue with the game is the playerbase. I think a good deal of games turn people away because of the playerbase despite the game itself be well designed and fun in certain circumstances. Here is an example, I was playing a 4v4 elimination yesterday with me and two friends and we had a blast. Had 1 or 2 off matches where people on the other team where all 4 manned up and on comms and they would coordinate to take one person out 4v1 until they won which is cheap and goes against the core concept of the game if you ask me. For the most part though we had matches where we would fight the person we spawned with and if we got low would run away and seek help from a teammate or look for a health buff which to me is how the game was designed to be played. Any kind of competitive game will always have a few games like that every now and then, but for the most part you have decent matches like in something like csgo, smite, dota 2 etc.... I think the game is going to suffer and push a lot of people away because a good amount of gamers nowadays have no respect at all and just do whatever it takes to win even if that means cheating, exploiting glitches, using things in-game that are known to be unfair and unbalanced until it is patched and many other things. I just wanted to rant basically and warn some people that where thinking of getting the game that this playerbase is going to be akin to something like League of legends playerbase.

I expected people excited about this game to be ones that wanted a more mature, honorable team based fighting game, but instead it seems like only call of duty players and league players swarmed over to this and that saddens me greatly. I've had many more honorable duals/fights in dark souls 3 even and that is saying something about a game also known as gank souls. Good luck with the game ubisoft, hopefully you can figure something out to prevent 4v1 gankspanks at the very beginning of every round because if not I forsee a good amount of people not getting the game, or if they do requesting refunds.

Waynedetta40k
02-12-2017, 12:43 PM
but for the most part you have decent matches like in something like csgo, smite, dota 2 etc....

I completly respect your opinion If you do not like the community and it turns you away from the game ok its sad but you know we are in the internet and there are a lot of jerks. Some of them even consider trash talk and cheesy tactics beeing a natural part of sports and esport. But you can not come along and tell me the games you mentioned are different when it comes to good matchmaking and fairness. Especially CS:GO and Dota. I have over a thousand hours spend in dota and a few houndred in CS:GO.

CS:GO was fine until like half a year ago, but at the Rank I am and properly the majority of players are playing and below (Double AK) the game is infested with cheaters and smurfs making the matchmaking completly obsolete it is basicially nonexisting because those ranks are full of players which do not belong there which results in ******** matches.

DotA on the otherhand has a problem which comes with the genre itself and its snowballing combined with the low frustration border of players (In the old WC3 engigne people left after first blood in 3/5 games because there were no punishments, just sayin because i think it was always this bad...). Comebacks are impossible at average rank and below because players surrender or are getting mad and the matches then result in stomps. Ofc you have decent matches in both games but those are not the average experience.

Shukr4n
02-12-2017, 12:44 PM
I think the game is going to suffer and push a lot of people away because a good amount of gamers nowadays have no respect at all and just do whatever it takes to win even if that means cheating, exploiting glitches, using things in-game that are known to be unfair and unbalanced until it is patched and many other things. I just wanted to rant basically and warn some people that where thinking of getting the game that this playerbase is going to be akin to something like League of legends playerbase.

respect: u mean they use bad words? i agree, there should be a report system.

cheating: report and ban hopefully

exploiting: as above

"using things in game that are KNOWN to be unfair and unbalanced": explain please. i hope we are not there again. BUT if there are stuff developed by ubisoft that make u feel bad, NO . it is just you.

if u want this senseless anda bused word HONOR able fight: play duels

rest of the game is called TEAM based game. which means that, aside from cheat and glitches, u have a team composed by 2-4 players that, depending the gamemode u are playing , have different GOALS.

2v2 : simple: 2 players have to wins agaisnt other 2 players put in a arena. there are no gates, no stages, no rules. 2v2. wins the best. use your tactic to win." ehy but i wanted a honorable figh-" NO. u are putting your own rules into a game already ruled. if u feel sad. go 1v1. or 2v2 with 3 friends.

4v4 elimination: same as above. but there are buffs. this time u need 7 friends if u want to whine.

4v4 conquest: well...goal of the game is collecting more points than opponent. how do u clollect points? by capturing and holding MORE zones than opponents. so all in all, u can kill zero opponents and still win. or u can kill 100 times your opponents and still lose.

this game is called for honor. they could have called it "for bananas" it doesnt mean that your own perspective of honor may stay in every aspect of the game.

TL;DR: follow gamemodes rules to win. if u dont want, spar with your friends in private sessions.

peves
02-12-2017, 12:45 PM
Here's my issue with the game. I try to play it and the blocking system sucks *** and because of that this Happens: I die, I die, I die, I die, I die, I die even against the ****ing AI that are apparently level 1 bots. I am level 7 now and level 1 bots kick my *** in combat. I can't kill anyone or anything in this game and that's why I will not buy it. **** this stupid ****ing piece of **** game!

I don't lose it like this usually over a game. I usually like to have some sense of perspective and try to see the good in a game but holy **** this game is a royal let down! I absolutely hate it. I can't win to save my life. Where is the fun in that?

XOsamaBinHidnX
02-12-2017, 12:48 PM
Here's my issue with the game. I try to play it and the blocking system sucks *** and because of that this Happens: I die, I die, I die, I die, I die, I die even against the ****ing AI that are apparently level 1 bots. I am level 7 now and level 1 bots kick my *** in combat. I can't kill anyone or anything in this game and that's why I will not buy it. **** this stupid ****ing piece of **** game!

I don't lose it like this usually over a game. I usually like to have some sense of perspective and try to see the good in a game but holy **** this game is a royal let down! I absolutely hate it. I can't win to save my life. Where is the fun in that?

Where is the fun in winning and still knowing you stuck because there was no challenge?

ArchGoblin
02-12-2017, 12:51 PM
In every game you have such players you mentioned, The division was completly the same, a group of 4 shooting lonely players in the back... yes even in the back, I would feel quilty if I was with 4 and destroy a single person,
it's not about the game but about the players online, therefor I prefer lately more to play against strong and good IA, and tbh I think Ubisoft has pretty good AI compared to other game developers, and in the long run Ubisoft even upgrade the AI, big props for that.
online gaming is not like it was back in the day, now people don't actually play a game anymore, they spend days to find bugs and ****ches, make hacks and bots, they preffer to brag about how they accomplish there progress instead of having the fun to accomplish something you actually deservered to accomplish.

Brave_Thunder
02-12-2017, 12:57 PM

That's the great thing about this game. I have your same problem,I've played 10 1v1 right now and won only 1.That's why I'm tryng to parry,and I still suck at it.It's frustrating?Yes,a lot.But on this game,everything can be blocked,if you have the right timing.This is not assassins creed,where a button let you kill 4-5 enemyes.Here is challenge,and a great learning curve.The fun is that when you finally win a game,you feel really good.Not like when you kill someone in bf or cod...You know you deserved the victory.

dabagonsmith
02-12-2017, 12:58 PM
I completly respect your opinion If you do not like the community and it turns you away from the game ok its sad but you know we are in the internet and there are a lot of jerks. Some of them even consider trash talk and cheesy tactics beeing a natural part of sports and esport. But you can not come along and tell me the games you mentioned are different when it comes to good matchmaking and fairness. Especially CS:GO and Dota. I have over a thousand hours spend in dota and a few houndred in CS:GO.

CS:GO was fine until like half a year ago, but at the Rank I am and properly the majority of players are playing and below (Double AK) the game is infested with cheaters and smurfs making the matchmaking completly obsolete it is basicially nonexisting because those ranks are full of players which do not belong there which results in ******** matches.

DotA on the otherhand has a problem which comes with the genre itself and its snowballing combined with the low frustration border of players (In the old WC3 engigne people left after first blood in 3/5 games because there were no punishments, just sayin because i think it was always this bad...). Comebacks are impossible at average rank and below because players surrender or are getting mad and the matches then result in stomps. Ofc you have decent matches in both games but those are not the average experience.

The only thing that makes cs:go unfair is if someone is smurfing or just blatantly cheating, other than that the game is balanced around 5v5 teams and uses critical thinking in order to not make yourself outnumbered. Running long solo with your knife out and dying is your fault and nobody elses, but if you push with your team and use flashes, smokes and other strats then if you lose it's because the other team was more prepared or just better. In both instances it wasn't the games faulty design or anything it was either you being bad or the enemy just being better.

In for honor though there are no boundaries in elimination mode, the mode I was mainly talking about. There are buffs and stuff on the map, the shield is mainly the one I consider OP because it can come back 2-4 times in a single match and I've had matches where someone gets it all 2-4 times and just camps it which is something I consider to cheap and needs heavy balancing. The buffs are there to help out the losing team I feel and should only be usable 1-2 times per game and only to the losing team, that or only become available after 2 people die or something. People rushing off immediately to grab the shield and damage buff doesn't feel like it's how they wanted the mode to play out. As for the other mode, king of the hill basically it feels mostly fine to me. Middle is an artificial wall and stops them from 4v1 you most of the time unless both teams just go mid, but it feels like a lot better, more balanced mode than elimination. I still feel like the game isn't really meant to be 4v1 though especially since team damage is a thing and you can slap your friends out of attacks. I don't know how they would fix or balance that, but it feels like a massive oversight to me.

cs:go and dota 2 don't ever really feel cheap to me unless someone on the other team is hacking and in that case it's not the game fault. In this game though it feels like people are exploiting certain things in certain modes and are getting a very unfair advantage. Feels very unbalanced in some areas and that is on top of the what I feel will be cancerous community. It's for these reasons i'm worried and saddened by the game. I had high hopes for it and still do, but it won't be getting my money any time soon that is for sure. Will probably grab the game when it's 30 bucks and they have hopefully fixed the aforementioned game modes.

Waynedetta40k
02-12-2017, 01:16 PM
The only thing that makes cs:go unfair is if someone is smurfing or just blatantly cheating,.

Yea thats enough isnt it? Its ruined then and like i said its happend in like 8/10 that you got cheaters and smurfs. I have Screenshots from people hacking but using the ingame chat to tell me "iam not hacking" which follows up with a vac ban. The games anti cheat is **** and it allows smurfs for me its dead. Ofc thats part of the game experience and its a ****ing big one.

Most of the arguments you use for CS:GO could also applie to fh like the "4v1" could happen there also.
But its all opinion and gut feelings so if dota and cs:go doesnt feel cheap to you just stick to them I guess. Iam just done with mobas because I played them since Dota 1 and CS:GO is dead for me because the reason I already have given. But dont tell me dota and cs:go have beautiful forgiving communitys -.-
You are just biased thats it.

dabagonsmith
02-12-2017, 01:25 PM
Yea thats enough isnt it? Its ruined then and like i said its happend in like 8/10 that you got cheaters and smurfs. I have Screenshots from people hacking but using the ingame chat to tell me "iam not hacking" which follows up with a vac ban. The games anti cheat is **** and it allows smurfs for me its dead. Ofc thats part of the game experience and its a ****ing big one.

Most of the arguments you use for CS:GO could also applie to fh like the "4v1" could happen there also.
But its all opinion and gut feelings so if dota and cs:go doesnt feel cheap to you just stick to them I guess. Iam just done with mobas because I played them since Dota 1 and CS:GO is dead for me because the reason I already have given. But dont tell me dota and cs:go have beautiful forgiving communitys -.-
You are just biased thats it.

The communities for both of those games are abhorrent, some of the worst **** ever dude. I could go in-depth as to why it's not a biased opnion since all of these games are fundamentally different and your "kit"/loadout varies and allows you to deal with different circumstances, but frankly I don't like typing a lot and trying to change someone else's mind that is already made up on the matter. We'll just have to agree to disagree and get over it basically. I do genuinely like For Honor, but the community kills it for me.

Midnight_Cubes
02-12-2017, 01:36 PM
First of all let me name off some positives so it doesn't seem like i'm salty or just hating the game to hate it. I genuinely love the core concept and game play mechanics of the game. It's fresh, new, and innovative and I never thought I would be saying that about a game published by Ubisosft, plus it looks good and runs great even on meh hardware. Now onto why I think game is going to turn a lot of people away especially with this open beta.

I am glad there was a beta by the way because I was almost certainly going to get the game a little later down the line from all I was seeing from it and how it was turning out and more games should have betas for this purpose. My main issue with the game is the playerbase. I think a good deal of games turn people away because of the playerbase despite the game itself be well designed and fun in certain circumstances. Here is an example, I was playing a 4v4 elimination yesterday with me and two friends and we had a blast. Had 1 or 2 off matches where people on the other team where all 4 manned up and on comms and they would coordinate to take one person out 4v1 until they won which is cheap and goes against the core concept of the game if you ask me. For the most part though we had matches where we would fight the person we spawned with and if we got low would run away and seek help from a teammate or look for a health buff which to me is how the game was designed to be played. Any kind of competitive game will always have a few games like that every now and then, but for the most part you have decent matches like in something like csgo, smite, dota 2 etc.... I think the game is going to suffer and push a lot of people away because a good amount of gamers nowadays have no respect at all and just do whatever it takes to win even if that means cheating, exploiting glitches, using things in-game that are known to be unfair and unbalanced until it is patched and many other things. I just wanted to rant basically and warn some people that where thinking of getting the game that this playerbase is going to be akin to something like League of legends playerbase.

I expected people excited about this game to be ones that wanted a more mature, honorable team based fighting game, but instead it seems like only call of duty players and league players swarmed over to this and that saddens me greatly. I've had many more honorable duals/fights in dark souls 3 even and that is saying something about a game also known as gank souls. Good luck with the game ubisoft, hopefully you can figure something out to prevent 4v1 gankspanks at the very beginning of every round because if not I forsee a good amount of people not getting the game, or if they do requesting refunds.

This is why I stick to duelling

Gunner11Mendez
02-12-2017, 01:48 PM

Hahaha there are 2 tutorials, 2 tutorial videos per hero, and there is practice and free play modes to learn the game. Clearly, you suck. Don't get the game. You wouldn't be fun to play against.

EDIT: Also, the bots are usually harder than the noobs and the scrubs...just FYI.

UserB0zz
02-12-2017, 01:56 PM
Didn't really understand what you mean but you don't like that teams use communication software or?

Xb1MasterNoctis
02-12-2017, 02:21 PM

The player base is annoying by all mean but i think as a community we need to set some rules on how to fight when its a 1v1 1v2 1v3 1v4 there are some unspoken rules i made a post on it just before if you want to check it out . I think the player base can come good with Honorable players making the rules just like maybe 5 - 10 rules nothing over the top and silly.