PDA

View Full Version : Why are heavy classes faster than light classes

Midnight Cubes
02-12-2017, 11:46 AM
Several times my assassin self has light attacked at the same time as a heavy class in a heavy duel and their attack hits and mine doesnt
Surely with the power they have, they should be way slower

CoyoteXStarrk
02-12-2017, 11:50 AM
Size does not equal attack time. Otherwise small characters would ALWAYS be better than big ones.

Welcome to game balance.

randomjoe123
02-12-2017, 12:23 PM
They don't really tend to hit that much harder in general.

For comparison, Assassin lights hit for like 15 damage, and heavy lights hit for like 20. Assassin heavies hit for 40. Heavy heavies will hit for like 45/50. The hardest hitting attack in the game that I know if is Raider unblockable (while in combo) which hits for 65. Raider top heavy hits for like 45 or 50 I think. It's a shocking amount. Orochi top heavy hits for 40. These are all rough, but give you a general idea of how close those ranges are.

Similarly, I think Raider or Warlord currently has the most health, and they have like 50%ish more than the assassins. It's not an enormous difference. Being slower is an *enormous* price to pay for those small stat increases.

Waynedetta40k
02-12-2017, 02:05 PM

For comparison, Assassin lights hit for like 15 damage, and heavy lights hit for like 20. Assassin heavies hit for 40. Heavy heavies will hit for like 45/50. The hardest hitting attack in the game that I know if is Raider unblockable (while in combo) which hits for 65. Raider top heavy hits for like 45 or 50 I think. It's a shocking amount. Orochi top heavy hits for 40. These are all rough, but give you a general idea of how close those ranges are.

Similarly, I think Raider or Warlord currently has the most health, and they have like 50%ish more than the assassins. It's not an enormous difference. Being slower is an *enormous* price to pay for those small stat increases.

You gotta look at more factors like range better block ablititys better counter abilitys

Xb1MasterNoctis
02-12-2017, 02:13 PM
Several times my assassin self has light attacked at the same time as a heavy class in a heavy duel and their attack hits and mine doesnt
Surely with the power they have, they should be way slower

They are slower but when they get there combos off the become scary fast lol.

TTVPappusGaming
02-12-2017, 02:47 PM

Warlord/Raider etc have highest health with 133. Peacekeeper has 115.

Heaviest normal heavy is from raider. Top heavy deals 45. Unblockable in a chain deals 50.

So technically speaking the difference between a peacekeeper and a raider is one lightattack in health. Lights are all around 12 dmg +/-3 IIRC.