PDA

View Full Version : ****ty connection issues!

emohol
02-12-2017, 11:25 AM
The game is really good but the connection issues are going to deter me from buying the game! Who else feels the same way?

Unscrupulous
02-12-2017, 12:20 PM
The connection issues for me are few and far between but when it happens can be frustrating as hell. When there is an issue the problems seem to bunch up, maybe stress on the servers. Get kicked from a game, one which I have 4 bars and then when I try to start a new I get "matchmaking is not ready". I have to exit and lstart the game again before I can even try to join a multiplayer match. This was a problem during the closed beta, I would have thought the issue would have been rectified.

Galduurung
02-12-2017, 01:01 PM
The connection issues for me are few and far between but when it happens can be frustrating as hell. When there is an issue the problems seem to bunch up, maybe stress on the servers. Get kicked from a game, one which I have 4 bars and then when I try to start a new I get "matchmaking is not ready". I have to exit and lstart the game again before I can even try to join a multiplayer match. This was a problem during the closed beta, I would have thought the issue would have been rectified.

If there are some isssues, do you think really Ubi will be able to solve it in 2 days ?
Network issues during the beta = network issues after the release. The shape of the beta server is just a reflection of the server after the release in 2 days.
Add the fact there are not dedicated servers and you obtain a bad multi

Unscrupulous
02-12-2017, 01:16 PM
If there are some isssues, do you think really Ubi will be able to solve it in 2 days ?
Network issues during the beta = network issues after the release. The shape of the beta server is just a reflection of the server after the release in 2 days.
Add the fact there are dedicated servers and you obtain a bad multi

I can only hope! :D

Preventing you from joining a game without having to restart the client seems a pretty critical issue. I'm surprised this is actually a problem so close to release.

GagballBill
02-12-2017, 01:39 PM
Yes. I've spent hardly an hour in game now to be able to play 1 round.
But before I will take the time to change my router settings, I will rather not buy this at all.
My spare freetime simply isn't worth it. I want a working game, when I buy it. Nothing more, nothing less.

HoIcon
02-12-2017, 01:54 PM
It wasn't so bad in the closed beta but i've had various errors and connection issues over the past few days with the open beta, the most baffling of all was when me and my friend who had already partied up were trying to play brawl (player vs AI) but it wouldn't start it, it just kept loading and seemingly trying to connect us with a match but there were already 2 of us and it couldn't seem to make some enemies for us to fight

Zv1k0
02-12-2017, 02:22 PM
It was awful for me on friday and yesterday mornig. I managed to play total of 3 4v4 elimination games and even those were laggy. Matchmaking often didnt work. But saturday afternoon till now works great. I had 1 or 2 lags mid match but thats it. I can only imagine how awful will be on first couple of days after release.

Tronny666
02-12-2017, 03:22 PM
+1

Unscrupulous
02-12-2017, 03:30 PM
Ok, mostly it has been fine. The past hour has started to take the piss though.. can hardly get through a match without being kicked. Sort it, please.

xXl Plan B lXx
02-12-2017, 03:43 PM
This could cut both ways for UbiSoft. With more players the connection could be better because there are more players closer / similar to your connection and things will go smoothly, or ... things could get far worse because the connections could be a massive pile of crap and players will just leave by the dozen as they can't even play the game online.

I've had massive issues. Can't connect to a party with friends, getting kicked while in the middle of the match repeatedly. I'll be very unhappy with this game if the connections don't stabliize.

Add the fact there are not dedicated servers and you obtain a bad multi