PDA

View Full Version : Revives should be disabled when...

SerArthur-Dayne
02-12-2017, 10:55 AM
...one team is down to their last person in the 4-V-4 deathmatch gamemode.

I get why revives are in the gamemode and I like it, Its fun and forces you to perform finisher moves... up untill the point that you are the last man alive in 1 vs 2-3-4 battle. Considering the fact that there is no way possible that you can perform an execution when fighting a mob of enemies, otherwise youll just get mob ganked. You also cant just stand ontop of the body and fight off 4 people, you have to stay on the move to fight a group.

I think this small change would go a long way, and at least allow a very small chance for someone to succeed.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Im probably not explaining this right, but what I mean is...

--Revives would only be disabled for the team that has 2-3-4 players, they would not be disabled for the one solo guy fighting that larger group. But...If that solo guy then picks up a teammate, then everyone can revive again including the enemy team.

I Quickly uploded a short clip showcasing what I mean. In the clip, you can see I stood literally no chance in winning, even if I did manage to continously kill their team, like this... https://youtu.be/_seM4MvsPMA

Biocoast
02-12-2017, 11:16 AM
No, otherwise the last person might as well jump of a cliff (i know you cant)...

There needs to be some possibility to recover, even if your are 1vs4 in the end.

SerArthur-Dayne
02-12-2017, 11:33 AM
No, otherwise the last person might as well jump of a cliff (i know you cant)...

There needs to be some possibility to recover, even if your are 1vs4 in the end.

I mean they would only be disabled for the team that has 2-3-4 players, not the one solo guy fighting them. If that solo guy picks up a teammate, then everyone can revive, but if hes on his own then the enemy team cant just revive train.

CoyoteXStarrk
02-12-2017, 11:40 AM
EDIT: I can't read apparently

Biocoast
02-12-2017, 11:41 AM
revive right now is way to fast. The team getting the upper hand can easily revive and there is nothing you can do to stop them. (Elimination)

Agree with you there, also shouldn't receive full health, they been thru battle and should be wounded, maybe go to 1/2 Hp or something.

If the last person in a 1 v 4 gets a revive thats on YOU and YOUR team. You DESERVE to lose at that point. I mean how the hell does ONE guy dodge past FOUR of you to get a revive? There are SOOOOOOO many issues this game has at the moment. Your inabilty to keep ONE guy from reviving is not one of them.

Get good. I mean that,

GET. GOOD.

As i understood the OP now is, that he wants to disable it for the stronger team, that the solo player has a better chance to fight or revive his own team. Don't know if I got it right this time.

CoyoteXStarrk
02-12-2017, 11:46 AM
As i understood the OP now is, that he wants to disable it for the stronger team, that the solo player has a better chance to fight or revive his own team. Don't know if I got it right this time.

I already corrected myself. i thought he meant the other way

In my defense its late and this game is pissing me off with all its issues.

SerArthur-Dayne
02-13-2017, 02:12 AM
Agree with you there, also shouldn't receive full health, they been thru battle and should be wounded, maybe go to 1/2 Hp or something.

Yep, I just updated my original post, to hopefully better explain it. Just looking to give the solo guy about to get mob ganked a slim fighting chance, and I think this would make a huge difference, and make the games a little more interesting.

Afius
02-13-2017, 02:22 AM
I think a diminished health bar on revive is a better idea. Let's say they only have 75% health available. People are sacrificing other stats by picking revive speed if they nerf the speed it would make it pointless to pick.

TCTF_SWAT
02-13-2017, 02:27 AM
That's why you fight near hazards.

"thinning the herd" as they say.

forrest0755
02-13-2017, 02:35 AM
They definitly shouldnt come back with full health. I think health should be halved everytime you are revived. There should also be a way to finish off an enemy who is downed

Xanthus730
02-13-2017, 02:50 AM
With tank classes revive speed feat plus revive speed gear, you can get your revive down to be faster than a light attack. It basically becomes uninterruptible. Was fighting a team with 3 warlords running this instant-revive build. They'd run to each other first thing, then just fight as 3. any time one went down (they weren't very good at fighting) one of the other 2 would instantly revive them...at full HP. It was basically unbeatable. Because you can't get an execute off in such a melee. IIRC, our team ended up losing with around 3x more kills than them because it was just impossible to keep them dead.

Twisted-Karma
02-13-2017, 03:01 AM
Revives should be disabled when people spam it, the problem there is if you have bots on you're side, when they spam revive, the bots stop whatever they are doing, which is generally fighting people, to come and revive you, causing them to die.
Also to you're main concern I think that disabling revives in the way you are asking may be hard to implement, I am no coder but wouldn't the engine have to constantly scan the balance of players and locking/unlocking revives for very change ? say for every 1 player buffer, it would be nice but I doubt it's possible without lag/bugs/breaking lol, although it would be pretty nifty for any mode outside of dominion.