PDA

View Full Version : all i can play is 1v1 .. rest is unplayable

murathc
02-12-2017, 10:45 AM
im a software engineer myself from turkey.
i have open nat even tried to put ps4 on dmz.
ihave 100mbps dl and 30 mbps ul

i cant simply play the game. if i try to join a 1v1 its ok.. no problem there. if i try 2v2 my teammate disconnects on the beginning of fight every time no exceptions.

dominion able to play only 1 game. with 5 bots 3 on my side and that is because evry one dcs. not because they leave they dc at beginning of the fight.

4v4 elimination i havent got 1 game yet.. its a tragicomedy.. all the time 5 ppl dcs probably more but all i can see five lines of dcs. and gamefroze at the very beginning.

i ***ing love the game. i want to buy it but you simply couldnt make the game. closed beta i could play the fling game with no errors. whatever u did. just roll it back!

do u see all the complaints on reddit and everywhere all of those are because of p2p network choice. it is not working. it might be a good idea but it ia not working ur dev and test teams ***ed it up end of discussion. no other explanation.

there is only a few days to release and its probably wont be fixed because those things take time i know because im the god damn developer here too on enterprise projects. *** !

http://imgur.com/McCLWjx

DeaIman
02-12-2017, 12:00 PM
If you truly were a software engineer I think you'd be a bit more respectful towards your fellow developers. Other than that, having to state that you're a developer whether true or not - in attempt to prove a point is nothing other than pathetic.

Yes, there are issues with their P2P network I'm sure they're well aware. I think they just need to phase the Anvil game engine out entirely, it has proven over and over that it is absolutely not up to today's standards in terms of networking and matchmaking.

What have you done to troubleshoot this further other than DMZ? DMZ isn't the be-all-end-all network issues, sometimes it works - sometimes it does not. Have you tried using a free DNS service? OpenDNS? Google DNS? Do you have any anti virus software if so, which? Windows firewall enabled?

There's so many factors that come into play here and you're giving no information whatsoever that could help them fix this on their, or your end - whichever it may be. And quite frankly with that attitude I sincerely hope you don't get any help.

CoyoteXStarrk
02-12-2017, 12:07 PM
If you truly were a software engineer I think you'd be a bit more respectful towards your fellow developers. Other than that, having to state that you're a developer whether true or not - in attempt to prove a point is nothing other than pathetic.

Yes, there are issues with their P2P network I'm sure they're well aware. I think they just need to phase the Anvil game engine out entirely, it has proven over and over that it is absolutely not up to today's standards in terms of networking and matchmaking.

What have you done to troubleshoot this further other than DMZ? DMZ isn't the be-all-end-all network issues, sometimes it works - sometimes it does not. Have you tried using a free DNS service? OpenDNS? Google DNS? Do you have any anti virus software if so, which? Windows firewall enabled?

There's so many factors that come into play here and you're giving no information whatsoever that could help them fix this on their, or your end - whichever it may be. And quite frankly with that attitude I sincerely hope you don't get any help.

You have some brown on your nose.

Also you are making a VERY loud slurping noise for some reason.

No idea why.

DeaIman
02-12-2017, 12:23 PM
You have some brown on your nose.

Also you are making a VERY loud slurping noise for some reason.

No idea why.

I guess maturity is not something that's easily come by nowadays. I'm not a fan of Ubisoft, I have disliked their new approach ever since the early 2000's and because of what they did to the Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon franchise.

But that doesn't mean I can't have some decency? Much like the OP claim to be I have also worked as a developer, I do know what it's like to work towards a deadline having to stay up for longer than you want to(and trust me, looking at code for hours and hours really does exhaust you mentally). Feedback and criticism is important as it allows you to improve - but that doesn't mean it can't be presented in a decent manner - don't you think?

Despite his tantrum I was willing to try and help him troubleshoot this further since I have a degree in network engineering, and maybe we could figure something out that'd let him enjoy the game. But I guess that's too much - to offer free help to those in need?

If that means I'll "have some brown on my nose" then so be it, at least I know I'm doing more than you ever will be. :rolleyes:

CoyoteXStarrk
02-12-2017, 12:26 PM
I guess maturity is not something that's easily come by nowadays. I'm not a fan of Ubisoft, I have disliked their new approach ever since the early 2000's and because of what they did to the Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon franchise.

But that doesn't mean I can't have some decency? Much like the OP claim to be I have also worked as a developer, I do know what it's like to work towards a deadline having to stay up for longer than you want to(and trust me, looking at code for hours and hours really does exhaust you mentally). Feedback and criticism is important as it allows you to improve - but that doesn't mean it can't be presented in a decent manner - don't you think?

Despite his tantrum I was willing to try and help him troubleshoot this further since I have a degree in network engineering, and maybe we could figure something out that'd let him enjoy the game. But I guess that's too much - to offer free help to those in need?

If that means I'll "have some brown on my nose" then so be it, at least I know I'm doing more than you ever will be. :rolleyes:

Yeah now you are making a gagging sound. Are you okay?

murathc
02-13-2017, 09:37 AM

Do u want to meet me on linked in ? i can talk to u on linked in so you can see who i am ? why would i say something im not ? what is your point ? why should i respect them ? im a customer not their fellow developer. im a customer ?? i dont care about them. i dont know them. simple i am a customer..

why would i need to try dns ? do u know what dns is ? its not what u think my friend. it doesnt solve these problems. and im always on google dns.
and i shouldnt be needed to change my dns, or change my nat type, port forward to ONLY ABLE TO PLAY a game.
not mentioning game experience, im saying i cant play the game without any configuration on my side. hello ? this is not 1990 hell we wouldnt have these things on 90s we just use a hub at home and that was a go.

p2p or not i dont care it. i am a customer i dont want to bother with tech choices at home ? do i have to ? im a ***ing customer.. i know these things, my wife doesnt? so she cant play because she is not a geek ? wow..

i clearly said im on ps4, yea i installed mcaffee on ps4, forgot to mention that...

murathc
02-13-2017, 09:48 AM

u really dont get the idea of being a consumer my friend.
you shouldnt be trying to help those people just because the game is supposed to work isnt working at all. there are 4v4 dom. 4v4 elimination 2v2 brawl modes i cant play.
with a friend it is impossible to even join a lobby. with only me i can join a lobby and thats it game either kicks every1 or kicks me or it is crashed. so probably im using the %20~ of the actual game.

the product is not working properly and the production date is on 14th and today is 13th !.
its not tested on most of the scnearios for network probably., its not a ready game network wise.
game is fun and perfect without connectivity problems. and i dont see any explanation from ubisoft on the net saying anything about issues the whole community points.

so you are saying i cant be pissed of as a customer to devs or testers or analysts because im a dev too ? sorry but their managers and fellow devs are probably pissed too because a product which they worked their asses of is not working because maybe 1 or 2 teams which probably includes 15 ppl at all.

i probably would hate it as a fellow dev on their company.

murathc
02-13-2017, 10:01 AM

the only info to solve my problem is this.
and there is no other connection issues for any other game, on pc, on ps4, on ps3, on tv,on appletv, on phones etc.

router is huawei hg253s, i dont have a static ip address for external ip. i have a static ip for all my devices.
there arent any specific firewall rules.
upnp is on.
ubisofts tech forum post mentioned ports are forwarded for for honors game. at first i had open nat, then an update came and i had moderate nat. so i figured probably they changed something but post was the same as before only mentioning a few ports which are same.

so i put the ps4 on dmz.

i had open nat again, nothing has changed again..
can only play 1v1.

even if it is on my side, u cant just crash a game because of an exceptional case on customers side which is not.
u need to handle it. u cant just let it go freeze, i wish i could see even an error.

%30 of the 2v2 4v4s are game crashes at the very first rounds beginning.
%69 of the 2v2 4v4s are network errors etc etc.

%1 i did play actually and seen the games other modes are really fun too..

1v1 there is no problem. none at all.

so im guessing their network model is not working as it shuld be.

if i was the only one, i should ve tried solutions and other things. internet from tetherring, maybe even pc.

but regardless of platform the game seems broken for the most ppl for 2v2 4v4 modes.

so there is nothing to solve on my side.

YashamaruX
02-13-2017, 11:09 AM
I have the same frustration about the game OP. On both the pc and ps4 I was dropping out of 4vs4 80-90% of the time, and the constant "resyncs" during games that I was able to play was not a good look either. Normally I wouldn't care, but the game is really fun so it is particularly annoying/frustrating that the networking is so bad.

zkorejo
02-13-2017, 11:15 AM
Beta was unplayable for me too. I see Moderate or Open Nat on my screen. I forwarded the ports mentioned in community support thread, Enabled DMZ, used both open and google DNS. Nothing works.

The matchmaking is broken. Game cant handle the matches of people from different regions and the game doesnt search for people from same region for long enough to actually find some. It changes Region priority in like 10 seconds into the match making, which result in players finding other players from completely different regions and it results in more errors and game crashes.

If Ubi can tell us they can or cant fix this or when will it be playable for people like us, if they could give us an ETA, i would shut up and wait for it to work before buying the game. Otherwise, I will just stop caring and move on.

murathc
02-13-2017, 03:39 PM
i unfortunately love the game love its play style intensity. but cant play thats why im so pissed off.
i agree both of u above repliers. i really hope they fix it but from experience ubisoft wont fix the game in short time.. too bad.. a very good game became ruined for so many ppl.

the funny thing i had no problems whatsoever on closed beta.

it was working like a charm. no dcs on 4v4 or 2v2 or any crashes during closed beta.

whatever they did, they did bad.

Salty_Saltcreek
02-13-2017, 03:48 PM
im a software engineer myself from turkey.

i cant simply play the game. if i try to join a 1v1 its ok.. no problem there. if i try 2v2 my teammate disconnects on the beginning of fight every time no exceptions.

dominion able to play only 1 game. with 5 bots 3 on my side and that is because evry one dcs. not because they leave they dc at beginning of the fight.

4v4 elimination i havent got 1 game yet.. its a tragicomedy.. all the time 5 ppl dcs probably more but all i can see five lines of dcs. and gamefroze at the very beginning.

i ***ing love the game. i want to buy it but you simply couldnt make the game. closed beta i could play the fling game with no errors. whatever u did. just roll it back!

do u see all the complaints on reddit and everywhere all of those are because of p2p network choice. it is not working. it might be a good idea but it ia not working ur dev and test teams ***ed it up end of discussion. no other explanation.

there is only a few days to release and its probably wont be fixed because those things take time i know because im the god damn developer here too on enterprise projects. *** !

I had very little connection issues during the open beta and the majority of the issues encountered were hardware related. Even when I was doing 2v2 with friends and randoms the main reason for people leaving the game was because of cpu crashes or software glitches but if I were to hazard a guess I would think that less than 2% of my games had people dropping.

If BF4 I would get disconnected every 20 minutes in every game and I mean every game. I tried everything to sort the problem and I could never fix it. My friends could play for hours and never have an issue. The problem does not exist for me in BF1 for me but my friend (who never had an issue in BF4) now has a similar issue in BF1 that I experienced in BF4.

The problem you are experiencing is 99% on your side.

LuckyStrikerLP
02-13-2017, 04:36 PM
My connection issue was reverse, I could play all but 1v1 (I could play but only if I would wait for 20min - 1h to get in 1 match which is crazy.. and cant figure out what was the prob.. Anyway Im with murathc on this one customers shouldnt need to do a thing other than to know how to install a game... Do Chef in restaurant say also to customers yeah u think its not good?Not right? Ok here is my kitchen, make it ur self than.. Chop chop.. XD but I think the devs tries their best because I see improvements from CB to OB so sit tight & hope is a beach XD

FREEDOM from
02-13-2017, 04:40 PM
I also couldn't play any modes except for me against AI. I mainly played 2v2 brawl, but the other player would drop out after a few games, then it was me and all AI's for the rest. If I tried any other game type, Dominion player v AI or anything else, I'd get dropped.

I love this game and even playing the AI is fun, but man, we need some functionality for the network issues.

I tried all of the troubleshooting Xbox tips and nothing worked.

murathc
02-14-2017, 09:23 AM
I had very little connection issues during the open beta and the majority of the issues encountered were hardware related. Even when I was doing 2v2 with friends and randoms the main reason for people leaving the game was because of cpu crashes or software glitches but if I were to hazard a guess I would think that less than 2% of my games had people dropping.

If BF4 I would get disconnected every 20 minutes in every game and I mean every game. I tried everything to sort the problem and I could never fix it. My friends could play for hours and never have an issue. The problem does not exist for me in BF1 for me but my friend (who never had an issue in BF4) now has a similar issue in BF1 that I experienced in BF4.

The problem you are experiencing is 99% on your side.

no , i disagree.

noone can convince me technically that i have a problem on my side.

you can say its a flaw on network mechanics and my region is not compatipable to play flawless i agree to that.
but i can debate anyone technical wise there is no problem on my side.

its not only me, its almost everyone from certain regions of the world.

im from eastern europe / asia. (turkey)
there are ppl from SEA who has the same faith.
there are ppl from central europe who has the same faith.

i mostly think its matchmaking, when game can not find a good match for me, and change to all regions which happens all the time, only then i can find a match.
and most probably it doesnt like my connection to other ppl and i see everyone drop including me.

please tell me how can it be my side after checking out with this picture. see all those people? they have problem on their side too ? wow. it doesnt work that way.

Furrylovin
02-14-2017, 12:51 PM
[QUOTE=murathc;12292866]im a software engineer myself from turkey.

i cant simply play the game. if i try to join a 1v1 its ok..

same i have been in one game on my second pc becuase the first one has 1080 sli and just doesnt seem to work well. cant join a game other then a dual but then was kicked...
spent 4 hours trying to get into a game

Timjan
02-14-2017, 12:59 PM
Hmm, I hope it will be better for you.
I have only tried one 4vsAL game, went very smooth.For the rest its only been 1vs1 dueling for me, which is primarly why I bought the game in the first place.
I look forward trying dominion but overall it does not interest me yet, first I want to master 1, 2 champs, and Im in no rush.
However, if you play with friends this must be frustrating indeed.

I will see how it looks when I get home, but Im located in the Netherlands, and usually its alot more stable in these regions.
If there is an issue with Playstation network Im sure it will be sorted soon.
Im surprised its running so smooth as it is, considering launch day etc, sure they had open beta but still.
After all, Im pretty sure this game will have a massive player base as it appeals to FIghter gamers, FPS gamers and action RPG gamers.

I was able to play smoothly from the second it was unlocked without a single issue, but again, I have spent 99% in practie vs bot games, dueling and later in 1vs1 duels, and as you yourself said, there its stable for you.
Unless your with friends, just do 1vs1 then, get better and once you hit dominion, you will dominate:)

Have fun

Zevram86
02-14-2017, 01:01 PM
I'm having the same problems, I am limited to vs. AI or 1v1/2v2 - Whenever I join 4v4 elim/dom I get booted shortly after, I think the longest I stayed connected to one of these game modes is 2 minutes.

P2P, however you sugarcoat it or tweak it, is just unacceptable for a multiplayer game in today's day and age. I would hope Ubisoft learned from their previous mistakes in other games...