PDA

View Full Version : Stop the Coward’s Flight

immortan_sine
02-12-2017, 10:31 AM
hoping i'm not the only one becoming frustrated by this..
in deadthmatch, everty time things go bad, other player start running around, mostly assassin or faster char...they run, or jump on a ladder stopping there making impossible to end the game
so u waste time running like a fool or just waiting the end of the game.

ok, sprint is part of the game but player running for 3 minute cause they know your ***ing slow raider cannot ever reach them is stupid and frustrating, maybe stamina consumption after 15/20 second run maybe a way to stop all this and let us do what we whant (it's a fighting game after all.. if i just want to run around ill'buy olimpic game :D )

Tocki92
02-12-2017, 11:02 AM
This, I want to add that the enemy just needs the health boost flag and he is totally fresh again.
One game I got frustrated, I won the fight against an orochi player, when he was low hp he ran away like a coward, captured the health regeneration boost, came back to me, lost the fight again, ran away to get the defensive boost, came back again, lost, ran away and then I got ganked by his teammates... if this is the case in death match, then i will definitely avoid this game mode.

immortan_sine
02-12-2017, 11:10 AM
This, I want to add that the enemy just needs the health boost flag and he is totally fresh again.
One game I got frustrated, I won the fight against an orochi player, when he was low hp he ran away like a coward, captured the health regeneration boost, came back to me, lost the fight again, ran away to get the defensive boost, came back again, lost, ran away and then I got ganked by his teammates... if this is the case in death match, then i will definitely avoid this game mode.

the buff are not the real problem.. u can take the buff too.. but if he's faster u don't have enough time; if u start consuming stamina while running (or at least if u stop regenerating it) u cannot run forever, u cannot take all the buff while the only thing that i can do is watching you doing this

Biocoast
02-12-2017, 11:11 AM
in deadthmatch, everty time things go bad, other player start running around, mostly assassin or faster char...they run, or jump on a ladder stopping there making impossible to end the game

ok, sprint is part of the game but player running for 3 minute cause they know your ***ing slow raider cannot ever reach them is stupid and frustrating, maybe stamina consumption after 15/20 second run maybe a way to stop all this and let us do what we whant (it's a fighting game after all.. if i just want to run around ill'buy olimpic game :D )

Well to be honest i have done that before, ran to a bridge while being chased by 3 other people, that way i could not be swarmed as easy and had the chance to kill them one by one... I understand that many people just waste time by running around like a headless chicken without a plan, but theoretically it is a ledgit tactic.

Brave_Thunder
02-12-2017, 11:13 AM
I too hate when people lose a 1v1 and run searching help, but let's be honest:if I'm the only survivor of my team,how I win a 1v3?Since many do not engage a 1v1 duel and then try to beat me,they simply attack together.Sorry but if you fight without honor,I'll do the same.

CoyoteXStarrk
02-12-2017, 11:15 AM
I am so happy they are not gonna do anything about this lol I love kiting people into my teammates for a 2 v 1 lol

immortan_sine
02-12-2017, 11:17 AM
Well to be honest i have done that before, ran to a bridge while being chased by 3 other people, that way i could not be swarmed as easy and had the chance to kill them one by one... I understand that many people just waste time by running around like a headless chicken without a plan, but theoretically it is a ledgit tactic.

running to find a good place to fight is legit...

running for 3 minute and stopping on a ladder (it happenden to me several time).. is stupid

if we start consuming stamina after 20/30 sec running... this will separate those u know what are doing, from running monkey

Shukr4n
02-12-2017, 11:53 AM
stopping on a ladder?

what 's the problem? one goes on top of the ladder, jumnp on it and slide down. the ones below will be dropped and fall down.

Unscrupulous
02-12-2017, 12:42 PM
stopping on a ladder?

what 's the problem? one goes on top of the ladder, jumnp on it and slide down. the ones below will be dropped and fall down.

I think you are missing the issue here. This can work when you have a teammate but what if you are on your own or your teammates/AI are unresponsive to tactics? The idea that you can slide down a ladder to knock someone off and instantly ko them is a ****ty mechanic and yes, I have used it to my advantage and every time I have done, found it a cheap tactic.

Maybe it is the intention of the devs to create situations where the use of underhanded tactics can result in a victory over a loss, despite the name of the game. As of now it seems that if you actually play for honour, you are at a disadvantage. The only option is to act without honour on occasion, it would seem.

Shukr4n
02-12-2017, 12:47 PM
I think you are missing the issue here. This can work when you have a teammate but what if you are on your own or your teammates/AI are unresponsive to tactics? The idea that you can slide down a ladder to knock someone off and instantly ko them is a ****ty mechanic and yes, I have used it to my advantage and every time I have done, found it a cheap tactic.

Maybe it is the intention of the devs to create situations where the use of underhanded tactics can result in a victory over a loss, despite the name of the game. As of now it seems that if you actually play for honour, you are at a disadvantage. The only option is to act without honour on occasion, it would seem.

if teammates are dumb, u have a "l2p" problem, not a game issue. when there is a troll / feeder/ afk in whatever game u play, u cant say "game is developed badly" but player attitude is bad.

Unscrupulous
02-12-2017, 01:04 PM
if teammates are dumb, u have a "l2p" problem, not a game issue. when there is a troll / feeder/ afk in whatever game u play, u cant say "game is developed badly" but player attitude is bad.

I don't feel this game is developed badly, just one or two oversights on the mechanics. Regardless, the way the game is developed is what allows people to use these tactics. In every game you will get players who use things to their advantage and bad player attitude, as you say. If they are not given the opportunity to act as such, there wouldn't be a problem though.

Xb1MasterNoctis
02-12-2017, 02:14 PM

If i'm losing i will unlock run around play it like im playing dark souls but i never run away from a fight.

TheEpicRage
02-12-2017, 03:12 PM

Mate I love using raider to chase people down, his first feat is a big sprint speed increase on a lowish cooldown and he can catch people with a running heavy.

Knight_Raime
02-12-2017, 03:37 PM
I don't mind it tbh. the whole point of an assassin in a 4v4 is to be mobile and strike at the right time. My main issue with elimination is the power ups. it's not really fun.