PDA

View Full Version : If you want to keep p2p in your game ubisoft please read this

Semimaru-
02-12-2017, 09:48 AM
Alright to start of i read the For Honor: System Breakdown https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/000026270/For-Honor-Online-System-Breakdown-FH-PC-XB1-PS4/ how the Matchmaking works and since it looks like they are keeping Peer 2 Peer than we're going to need to make some changes to the way you find a game. I know most people want Dedicated Servers and I do too but you got of think of this from Ubisoft's perspective. For honor being a New IP Ubi probably didn't expect the game would turn in to a hit. so they didn't take a risk buying dedicated servers and yes servers are expensive even for companies like Ubi. So next best thing P2P which is usually alright but the way that For Honor searches for a match is what makes the experience of the game 10x worst. Just like destiny did with their P2P. and that is trying to implement skill into the search. Because of this I've played games with the same people over and over again even when I'd search fort a new lobby. So what I propose that we take skill out of the equation because with this connection/skill match making we are more likely to get lag and lag ruins an experience more than getting stomped on. So please people at Ubisoft get rid of the SBMM and make it pure connection matchmaking and later down the line you can add in a ranked mode and have that have SBMM and you can reward players with silver and boxs when they reach a certain rank. But I'm getting off topic so just please make the game Connection Based Match Making only

- A fan who wants to see this game shine.