PDA

View Full Version : Revenge mode rework

Balrog19942009
02-12-2017, 09:06 AM
I feel as though the revenge mechanic was meant to be a counter to a group gank. It grants reinforced health, hyper-poise on all attacks, an increased attack rating, and knockdown on all parry's. Just reading this probably gave you a three killstreak, its that effective. Now what is the drawback... Nothing. You actually don't even need to be outnumbered to generate revenge. For example, I was playing peacekeeper in a round of dominion. I saw a enemy on our flank and went to engage. I grabbed him and proceeded to do the annoying peacekeeper thing and shank him. On the second stab he gained revenge. He hadn't even entered combat up till this point. So you get a super buff for essentially getting love tapped if you build your character's armor this way. And this build is the current meta, even in this short open beta. Now that I've whined about it, I will propose a simple solution. Add a modifier that makes it so the revenge meter only fills when there are multiple players in vicinity to the person in question. "With the exception of classes with feats that pertain to revenge" The revenge spam just ruins the experience. Its just too powerful of a mechanic to be so easily obtained. Why use another build, why use the dagger when you can drop the nuke. This game has such potential, don't let it die to a gimmick.

Duuklah
02-12-2017, 09:09 AM
I think they should tone down some elements and exchange it for 100% defense against your non targeted enemies.

Boom now you have a field leveler anti gank without over powering everything.

Balrog19942009
02-12-2017, 09:12 AM
I think they should tone down some elements and exchange it for 100% defense against your non targeted enemies.

Boom now you have a field leveler anti gank without over powering everything.

Another great suggestion. The mechanic is more of a ultimate than it is a defensive measure. It is to versatile

Flello
02-12-2017, 11:18 PM
Bump. Too many of these posts get buried by people spamming that certain classes are OP. I've posted this myself and just got buried like the rest of them.

Revenge is completely broken, its frustrated me to the point that I'm reconsidering my purchase of this game. Standard revenge is tolerable to a degree, but as soon as gear stats come into play people are able to kick it off every 10 seconds. The saddest part is that we've not even seen the worst of it yet, the highest I've seen is a level 90 gear score peacekeeper, and the revenge was ridiculous.

How are people completely oblivious that this is a game breaking mechanic that's seriously broken? If any kind of revenge stat was removed from gear it would make it much more tolerable. I'm greatly disappointed that either no one seems to care, or they've not played against high gear level players enough to realise how bad it is.